Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Erik

@Killemall said:

@Erik: I think someone showed me a scan few months ago of colossus tanking heat vision from Gladiator. Someone told me its non-cannot others tell me its cannon, dont know which it is. Just wanted to add that, coz if thats cannon he should be able to withstand cyclop's optic blast too.

Cyclops does not produce heat with his optics. Colossus can stand in the center of the sun and that would not tell us anything about how he could cope with Cyclops' optic blasts.

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By shrmntnk62

Colossus would destroy Cyke.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Erik

@shrmntnk62 said:

Colossus would destroy Cyke.

No.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By Killemall

@Erik said:

@Killemall said:

Cyclops does not produce heat with his optics. Colossus can stand in the center of the sun and that would not tell us anything about how he could cope with Cyclops' optic blasts.

I understand what you mean, still dont know if thats cannon, just a question. does the heat vision only give out heat? it doesnt have concussive force or anything in it? thats what a heat vision should do but most often we see people getting KOed by Gladiator's heat vision rather than being burnt, the same with superman.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Erik

@Killemall said:

@Erik said:

@Killemall said:

I understand what you mean, still dont know if thats cannon, just a question. does the heat vision only give out heat? it doesnt have concussive force or anything in it? thats what a heat vision should do but most often we see people getting KOed by Gladiator's heat vision rather than being burnt, the same with superman.

If the power was supposed to do something other than create heat, I think they would call it force vision... or bazooka beams or some other creative name other than just "heat vision". Heat does not mean force. And I have no idea what issue you are referring to so I cannot confirm if it is canon or not.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By LordOfFate

@Erik said:

@Lord Shiva said:

When did he hurt Colossus?

When he said he would only shake Colossus up, that likely meant dazzed him. If you get hit in the head hard enough to daze you, you have been hurt.

Uh no....your just adding stuff into that picture. He wasn't even dazed on the next page. That page doesn't prove anything.

I haven't seen any proof that Cyke can actually hurt Colossus with optic blast.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By jashro44

@Lord Shiva said:

@Erik said:

@Lord Shiva said:

When he said he would only shake Colossus up, that likely meant dazzed him. If you get hit in the head hard enough to daze you, you have been hurt.

Uh no....your just adding stuff into that picture. He wasn't even dazed on the next page. That page doesn't prove anything.

Erik is correct he was dazed. His head was knocked back. In the next scan the optic blast gave cyclops a chance to pick up colossus and use him as a battering ram something cyclops wouldn't have been able to achieve if colossus was not dazed. Its the only logical explanation to explain how cyclops got colossus off of him.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Erik

@Lord Shiva said:

@Erik said:

@Lord Shiva said:

Lol I am sure I just added Cyclops' statement to the picture. Because I can project my thoughts through time and space, therefore allowing me to add that statement into a decades old comic page.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Stronger

If Cyclops cannot hurt Hulk,Juggernaut,Thing or Rockslide,I dont see how he can win Colossus.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Erik

@Stronger said:

If Cyclops cannot hurt Hulk,Juggernaut,Thing or Rockslide,I dont see how he can win Colossus.

Juggernaut? Really?

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Stronger

@Erik: I have seen some scans where Juggernaut is only annoyed by his optic blasts.

I am not an expert of Cyclops but from what I have seen,Idont think he can keep up with Colossus.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By jashro44

@Stronger said:

Cyclops has hurt rock slide I believe. Sent him flying into a wall. I am unaware of the thing taking a blast from cyclops. And no one has been able to hurt the juggernaut that's kind of his thing.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Erik

@Stronger said:

@Erik: I have seen some scans where Juggernaut is only annoyed by his optic blasts.

I am not an expert of Cyclops but from what I have seen,Idont think he can keep up with Colossus.

We are talking about Juggernaut though. A magically invincible character. He should hardly be used as a comparison to Colossus. And for the record, Cyclops has hurt Hulk with his optics and I have no idea what issue you meant when you said Thing was able to stand up to Cyclops' blasts but Thing is nowhere near either Colossus or Hulk in durability and Cyclops has hurt both with his optics before. So it is clear Cyclops was holding back quite a bit with Thing.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#114  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Erik said:

@Lord Shiva said:

@Erik said:

@Lord Shiva said:

Lol I am sure I just added Cyclops' statement to the picture. Because I can project my thoughts through time and space, therefore allowing me to add that statement into a decades old comic page.

"You're a wizard Har...erik."

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Erik

@god_spawn:

Lol.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Stronger

@Erik: I dont think Colossus is better than Thing.

WWHulk has taken full powered optic blast anwasnt hurt very much

No Caption Provided

Convince me that Colossus cannot do the same,since Hulk and Colossus have pretty much the same durability.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Stronger said:

No Caption Provided

Convince me that Colossus cannot do the same,since Hulk and Colossus have pretty much the same durability.

....No they don't and Hulk heals, Colossus doesn't. I've already debunked this scan numerous times in this thread. It was a wide beam meant to bathe Hulk. Cyclops' blasts get weaker the wider they are made. If Cyclops made a slimmer beam of that same power, he would've ripped a hole in Hulk more than likely, but Hulk would've healed.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Erik

@Stronger said:

Since when do they have the same durability? Gladiator cleaned Colossus' clock and a building falling on Colossus knocked him flat out. Where is your proof that he is more durable?

Also, your previous statement said that Cyclops cannot hurt Hulk.... Then when I say that is not true, you actually provide me a scan of Cyclops hurting Hulk..... Are we on the same side and you just do not know it?

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By LordOfFate

@jashro44 said:

@Lord Shiva said:

@Erik said:

@Lord Shiva said:

Erik is correct he was dazed. His head was knocked back. In the next scan the optic blast gave cyclops a chance to pick up colossus and use him as a battering ram something cyclops wouldn't have been able to achieve if colossus was not dazed. Its the only logical explanation to explain how cyclops got colossus off of him.

It doesn't say that....at most Cyke's optic blast = a hit from a Class 80 (at the time)....which would be enough to knock Colossus's head back but it is not enough to hurt/stop him.

I can't say Cyke would win this fight unless you have evidence showing Cyke actually hurting someone with Colossus's durability.

Ah hell, I'll play both sides....here a scan of Cyke taking it to Apocalypse....this is mostly for me, as I've always thought this was a cool pic.:)

No Caption Provided
Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Stronger

@god_spawn: Agreed ,but can Cyclops optic beam rip a hole in Colossus metal skin???

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Erik

@Lord Shiva:

Do you have evidence of such limits on Cyclops' optics? Because I would like to see it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Stronger said:

@god_spawn: Agreed ,but can Cyclops optic beam rip a hole in Colossus metal skin???

Maybe if ridiculously focused but even that's a stretch. It took a mini celestial to rip holes in Colossus in recent UXM 1.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Stronger

@Erik said:

@Stronger said:

Since when do they have the same durability? Gladiator cleaned Colossus' clock and a building falling on Colossus knocked him flat out. Where is your proof that he is more durable?

Also, your previous statement said that Cyclops cannot hurt Hulk.... Then when I say that is not true, you actually provide me a scan of Cyclops hurting Hulk..... Are we on the same side and you just do not know it?

LoL.......True,Cyclops hurt Hulk for some time until he grabed he head and covered his visor.

Can Cyclops dig a hole in Colossus metal skin??

I am not an expert on Cyclops,I remind you.You must convince me.

Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cyclops wins.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Stronger

@god_spawn said:

@Stronger said:

Maybe if ridiculously focused but even that's a stretch. It took a mini celestial to rip holes in Colossus in recent UXM 1.

You see??? He cannot really hurt him as you said.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Stronger said:

@god_spawn said:

@Stronger said:

You see??? He cannot really hurt him as you said.

I never said Cyclops can't hurt Colossus cause it isn't true. You asked me if I think Cyclops can rip a hole in a Colossus, I don't know. Colossus has been floored by Hellverine with a stab to the gut. It's one high showing vs hundreds of lesser showings where he can be KO'd by lesser forces. Colossus doesn't need to look like swiss cheese to be knocked out. A continued focused beam to head or whatever is enough to do it.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Stronger

@god_spawn: Hellverine is way above Colossus.He has one-shotted Ghost Rider,Namor and Magneto at the same time.His claws are covered with hell fire and they can cut through anything.

Couldnt Colossus just cover his visor as Hulk did???

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Erik

@Stronger said:

@Erik said:

@Stronger said:

LoL.......True,Cyclops hurt Hulk for some time until he grabed he head and covered his visor.

I see no reason why he could not if it came right down to it and Cyclops ever needed to put Colossus down. Colossus has been hurt by less. Such as the time the Nimrod broke Colossus' arm or when Hulk bent Colossus. Cyclops has often been stated to have the power of a nuke in his head. If he were to remove his visor and focus his blasts.... well it would be a blast that we have yet to see. Every time we have seen him cut loose without the visor, they have been extremely wide (and thus less powerful) bursts.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By pooty

I'm thinking Colossus is strong enough and durable enough to use his arms to push through Cyclops blast. And i don't think Cyclops can shoot beams indefinitely

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By LordOfFate

@Erik said:

@Stronger said:

@Erik said:

@Stronger said:

I see no reason why he could not if it came right down to it and Cyclops ever needed to put Colossus down. Colossus has been hurt by less. Such as the time the Nimrod broke Colossus' arm or when Hulk bent Colossus. Cyclops has often been stated to have the power of a nuke in his head. If he were to remove his visor and focus his blasts.... well it would be a blast that we have yet to see. Every time we have seen him cut loose without the visor, they have been extremely wide (and thus less powerful) bursts.

Cyclops's Optic Blast does not equal Nimrod/Hulk.

tiocoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#131  Edited By tiocoy

cyke

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Stronger said:

@god_spawn: Hellverine is way above Colossus.He has one-shotted Ghost Rider,Namor and Magneto at the same time.His claws are covered with hell fire and they can cut through anything.

Couldnt Colossus just cover his visor as Hulk did???

He boiled Namor's fluid, force choked Magneto and stabbed Ghost Rider in the face, so that makes him more powerful than a mini-celestial? His claws can normally cut through virtually anything so your point is?

......Hulk was what 20 feet away? Colossus is 100 meters away and isn't even as strong as the Hulk and Hulk took a bit of effort to move a wide beam. Colossus isn't gonna get the chance to get close.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Erik

@Lord Shiva:

I never said it is. But you have yet to show me this 80 ton limit on his blasts.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@pooty said:

I'm thinking Colossus is strong enough and durable enough to use his arms to push through Cyclops blast. And i don't think Cyclops can shoot beams indefinitely

He can't but he has held up for minutes before.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Erik

Cyclops.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By LordOfFate

@Erik said:

@Lord Shiva:

I never said it is. But you have yet to show me this 80 ton limit on his blasts.

Then we're equal cause you have yet to show me any proof that Cyke can actually hurt Colossus. ;)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Erik

@Lord Shiva said:

@Erik said:

@Lord Shiva:

Then we're equal cause you have yet to show me any proof that Cyke can actually hurt Colossus. ;)

Well I am pretty sure I have. Let us take a look at the math. Colossus had his arm broken with 750 tons of torque force. We already know that Cyclops has nuclear yield in his optics. Even the smallest nuke contains the force of 1,000 tons of TNT. That is..... several times the amount of force needed to utterly demolish Colossus just in that minimal requirement. Just one ton of TNT produces 4.184x109 J of energy. I am too lazy to convert that into pound force but the conversion is 1 J = 0.2248089431 FP. So you can do the math yourself and see without a shadow of a doubt that Cyclops could utterly destroy Colossus if he had to. When referring to a nuke, I assume they mean nuke by today's standard which is 1.2 megatons.... that is 1.2 million tons to those that do not know.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Erik

@Lord Shiva said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@Erik said:

@Lord Shiva:

Okay first of all, Cyclops was not trying to hurt Colossus. Colossus was brainwashed and Cyclops even flat refused to use his optics on Colossus when Colossus was about to crush his throat at the end of the issue. Uncanny X-Men 124. Shame on you for you misrepresenting an issue with an out of context scan.

Oh and Cyclops even states that a full power optic blast would cripple or kill Colossus in that very scan.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By LordOfFate

Ask yourself this question.....is Classic Rogue's durability greater then Colossus's durability?

No Caption Provided

I'm not misrepresenting anything, I'm just showing Colossus being hit by Cyclops's optic blast....I never stated anything else. I'm actually showing more evidence they you have in you post. No disrespect but this is not going anywhere.

No Caption Provided
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Erik

@Lord Shiva said:

Ask yourself this question.....is Classic Rogue's durability greater then Colossus's durability?

No Caption Provided

Oh please. Trying to back up an argument with WIS is pretty silly. Have you even read X-Men comics?

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By LordOfFate

@Erik said:

No Caption Provided

@Lord Shiva said:

Oh please. Trying to back up an argument with WIS is pretty silly. Have you even read X-Men comics?

Yeah, that where I got the scan from. (X-Men Vol 1, issue 11, August 1992)

Again, you have no proof showing Scott can take down Colossus with his optic blast so my debate with you on this issue is over. Cya

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By pooty

@Erik: Oh and Cyclops even states that a full power optic blast would cripple or kill Colossus in that very scan.

He said "could" meaning he doesn't know for sure.

@Lord Shiva: @Erik: @god_spawn: But what is the most durable thing or person cyclops has put down with his full power beam?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Erik

@Lord Shiva said:

Yeah, that where I got the scan from. (X-Men Vol 1, issue 11, August 1992)

Again, you have no proof showing Scott can take down Colossus with his optic blast so my debate with you on this issue is over. Cya

Just several of his own statements to that fact that YOU have been so kind as to provide. So yeah, I do have proof. Then there is my nuke post, which you clearly refused to address because it crushed you.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Erik

@pooty said:

@Erik: Oh and Cyclops even states that a full power optic blast would cripple or kill Colossus in that very scan.

He said "could" meaning he doesn't know for sure.

@Lord Shiva: @Erik: @god_spawn: But what is the most durable thing or person cyclops has put down with his full power beam?

Could cripple him or worse. Do not try to twist his words. He very clearly meant that a full power optic blast was potentially lethal to Colossus.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By pooty

@Erik: He never said "would". Period. You probably thought no one would catch your lie but we did. Could means "possible or maybe". Would means "definite or sure". Cyclops said "could" because he didn't know. Don't try to twist his words.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up. He told Colossus and Wolverine to get behind him when he did his famous "I want this thing off my lawn" scan. There faces tell a bit. Just to add onto that could cripple him notion.

No Caption Provided
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Erik

@pooty said:

@Erik: He never said "would". Period. You probably thought no one would catch your lie but we did. Could means "possible or maybe". Would means "definite or sure". Cyclops said "could" because he didn't know. Don't try to twist his words.

Could kill and could cripple. At the very least, seriously injure. There is no lie. You are just trying to twist the words into something they are not. So I guess that means the lie is technically yours. Stop zeroing in on just one word and read the entire sentence. The meaning is clear to anyone that is at least able to read at a 5th grade reading level..... I might be assuming too much of you. I apologize in advance.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By pooty

@Erik: Dude calm down!!! Where is all the malice and insults coming from? Everybody has lied and twisted words to win an argument. Today just happen to be your day to get caught. We are not going to report you to the mods for misquoting a scan. We won't call the police on you for lying on a post. Just don't let it become a habit and everything will be ok. He said it "could" hurt him or it "could" be lethal. Cyclops doesn't know.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Erik

@pooty said:

@Erik: Dude calm down!!! Where is all the malice and insults coming from? Everybody has lied and twisted words to win an argument. Today just happen to be your day to get caught. We are not going to report you to the mods for misquoting a scan. We won't call the police on you for lying on a post. Just don't let it become a habit and everything will be ok. He said it "could" hurt him or it "could" be lethal. Cyclops doesn't know.

Saying someone is lying when they have proved otherwise is either a lack of understanding or trolling on your part. I am fine with either. No one is going to be impressed with your posts other than yourself.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it comes down to it, Cyclops has the strategic mind to pull this off & Colossus does not. I can see Scott devising a plan to take down Colossus when Colossus was first introduced to the team just in case and have had years upon years perfecting that strategy. The same can't be said for Colossus. Even if you give Colossus prep, what is he going to do? Based on what i've ever seen w/colossus it's run in a straight line and try to punch or find something or someone to throw. Cyclops knows Colossus's strength weakness and most important of all, knows how to exploit it to his advantage. Even if Colossus knows the same about Cyclops, I don't believe he will be able to use it to his advantage for a win like Cyclops can.

Scott got this, hands down especially with that distance....unless this is Colossonaut then it may be a bit more tricky.