No ones in the area.
No bfr
Win by Death.

Who wins ?

Vs
#2 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11520 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#3 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm, wanna say Round 1 Cold, Round 2 Cyclops.

#4 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio
@GrandSymbiote94: I say cyclops takes both, unless Captain Cold actually get hold of a hostage. :) 
Round 1 might be a little tricky but round 2, moral off cyclops is just gonna smoke the living hell out of Captain Cold. 
#5 Edited by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
Cold takes Round 1 
Cyclops probably takes Round 2 
#6 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is a good enough field tactician that I think he could take both rounds.
#7 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how three people already stated that Cyclops would be able to win fights against Captain Cold, but when there was a thread about Spider-Man villains (the strong ones) against Flashs villains Captain Cold was able to solo all of them acording to the Comicvine-users ... :-X

#8 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
I love how three people already stated that Cyclops would be able to win fights against Captain Cold, but when there was a thread about Spider-Man villains (the strong ones) against Flashs villains Captain Cold was able to solo all of them acording to the Comicvine-users ... :-X

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Captain Cold couldn't beat Shocker, or even Electro!
#9 Edited by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86 said:

@Enzeru said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Captain Cold couldn't beat Shocker, or even Electro!
I'm betting he could Cold has one of the quickest draws I've seen with reflexes that have countered the Flash...Cold's gun doesn't just shoot cold beams either and can effect a very large radiuis...
#10 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Shocker can trigger probably the same radius.

Either way, Captain Cold can't solo the Spidey villains on that list.

#11 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86 said:

Shocker can trigger probably the same radius.

Either way, Captain Cold can't solo the Spidey villains on that list.

I never said he can take all of them at the same time but I bet he couldd beat most if not all of them individually....
#12 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, probably. But 2 or 3 he might lose to.

#13 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86 said:
Yeah, probably. But 2 or 3 he might lose to.
It's possible...
#14 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio

Can CC's cold fields stop Scott's optic blasts? 

*shines the Zoom signal*
#15 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:

Because as it turns out, optic blasts can move through cold fields a lot easier than say Venom. 

Cold's only defense against Cyclops is shooting first, which he won't be able to do because Cyclops is one of the few characters with human level reflexes that can beat Cold in a quick draw competition.

Cold's defense against Sandman, Doc Ock, Venom, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Vulture, Carnage, Rhino, Kraven and damn near everybody Spider-Man fights is to make one cold field and then watch as the Spidey villains kill themselves by running into it.  There is no way any of them can get through it and no way any of them could survive touching it. 

Cyclops doesn't have to bother with going through the cold field himself because his optic blasts can do it for him. 

This is why comicvine users say Cold solos groups of Spidey villains but can't beat Cyclops.
#16 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:

Can CC's cold fields stop Scott's optic blasts? 

*shines the Zoom signal*
Good question...but I think it would be easier for Cold to dodge Cyclops blasts than from Cyclops too prevent himself from being froze solid by Cold....
#17 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom
You're good! 

(Did you see the Zoom signal?)
#18 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom: So you think Cyclops takes both rounds...
#19 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
@Zoom: You're good!  (Did you see the Zoom signal?)
Yes.  Whenever there is need of irrelevant comic book knowledge 

I'LL BE THERE 

@YoungGunna said:
@Zoom: So you think Cyclops takes both rounds...
Most of the time.  Cold might be able to take the first round if people get in Cyclops' way but it isn't going to happen more often than not.  Cyke has superhuman aiming skills and so he should be able to make difficult shots easier than Cold.
#20 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom
My hero! LOL
#21 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
Cold's only defense against Cyclops is shooting first, which he won't be able to do because Cyclops is one of the few characters with human level reflexes that can beat Cold in a quick draw competition. Cold's defense against Sandman, Doc Ock, Venom, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Vulture, Carnage, Rhino, Kraven and damn near everybody Spider-Man fights is to make one cold field and then watch as the Spidey villains kill themselves by running into it. This is why comicvine users say Cold solos groups of Spidey villains but can't beat Cyclops.
Do you think that I'm stupid?
Or are you simply hoping to?

I love how you named nearly every Spider-Man villain from that thread except for Electro. If Cyclops' optic blasts can surpass Colds defense, then Electros electricty can do it too. And as I mentioned it in the thread, the current Electro is a beast with much, much stronger attacks then back then.
Electricity is hot, not as hot as Cyclops' optic blast, but imagine what electricity does to ice :-7

Damn, I even think that the Shocker would be more then enough for Cold to handle, since Shockers attacks vibrate the air at an incredible speed and turn out to be strong enough to shatter stone and hurt metahumans badly.
His suit has protective vibrations which are powerful enough to shaken of Spider-Mans webbing (!!!) In a fight Shocker should be able to redirect Colds attacks if aimed well, maybe even surpass his defense thanks to the vibrations and get rid of the freezes on himself, but no...

The Comicvine users believe that Cold could solo the whole Spider-Man universe.
It's cool man, believe what you want, I don't care all too much.
#22 Posted by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
@Enzeru said:

Because as it turns out, optic blasts can move through cold fields a lot easier than say Venom.  Cold's only defense against Cyclops is shooting first, which he won't be able to do because Cyclops is one of the few characters with human level reflexes that can beat Cold in a quick draw competition. Cold's defense against Sandman, Doc Ock, Venom, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Vulture, Carnage, Rhino, Kraven and damn near everybody Spider-Man fights is to make one cold field and then watch as the Spidey villains kill themselves by running into it.  There is no way any of them can get through it and no way any of them could survive touching it.  Cyclops doesn't have to bother with going through the cold field himself because his optic blasts can do it for him.  This is why comicvine users say Cold solos groups of Spidey villains but can't beat Cyclops.
Well said!
#23 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom manages to get everyone excited.

#24 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
@Zoom said:
Cold's only defense against Cyclops is shooting first, which he won't be able to do because Cyclops is one of the few characters with human level reflexes that can beat Cold in a quick draw competition. Cold's defense against Sandman, Doc Ock, Venom, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Vulture, Carnage, Rhino, Kraven and damn near everybody Spider-Man fights is to make one cold field and then watch as the Spidey villains kill themselves by running into it. This is why comicvine users say Cold solos groups of Spidey villains but can't beat Cyclops.
Do you think that I'm stupid?
Or are you simply hoping to?

I love how you named nearly every Spider-Man villain from that thread except for Electro. If Cyclops' optic blasts can surpass Colds defense, then Electros electricty can do it too. And as I mentioned it in the thread, the current Electro is a beast with much, much stronger attacks then back then.
Electricity is hot, not as hot as Cyclops' optic blast, but imagine what electricity does to ice :-7

Damn, I even think that the Shocker would be more then enough for Cold to handle, since Shockers attacks vibrate the air at an incredible speed and turn out to be strong enough to shatter stone and hurt metahumans badly. His suit has protective vibrations which are powerful enough to shaken of Spider-Mans webbing (!!!) In a fight Shocker should be able to redirect Colds attacks if aimed well, maybe even surpass his defense thanks to the vibrations and get rid of the freezes on himself, but no...  The Comicvine users believe that Cold could solo the whole Spider-Man universe. It's cool man, believe what you want, I don't care all too much.
Yes, I think you're stupid.  I wasn't going to say it but since you asked, you must want to know. 
Am I simply hoping to what? 

Sure, Electro and Shocker can get through Cold's field.  They can't survive being frozen and they can't beat him on the draw, though.  Cyclops is far and away more competent than Electro and Shocker and would beat either of them one on one.  That's why he can beat Cold and they can't.  Maybe together, they could do it.  Maybe.

How is Shocker going to deflect Cold's attacks?  It's not like his gun shoots bullets. 

There's a reason Cold's a Flash villain and Shocker's only a Spider-Man villain.
#25 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
Yes, I think you're stupid.  I wasn't going to say it but since you asked, you must want to know.
LMFAO

good luck on our Heroclix game btw
#26 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
Sure, Electro and Shocker can get through Cold's field.  They can't survive being frozen and they can't beat him on the draw, though.  

They can't be frozen, that's the point. You don't know anything about the Spider-Mans villains:
- Electros full power blasts are more then enough to kill a human, way more then enough
- He can charge himself up and become superstrong and superfast
- He has slight powers over magnetism (I doubt that Colds weapons are made out of plastic, if you get what I mean)
- He can create electrical fields around him to vaporize incoming water, since that was his greatest weakness (and probably even Colds iceblasts)

Cyclops is far and away more competent than Electro and Shocker and would beat either of them one on one.  That's why he can beat Cold and they can't.  Maybe together, they could do it.  Maybe. How is Shocker going to deflect Cold's attacks?  It's not like his gun shoots bullets.  There's a reason Cold's a Flash villain and Shocker's only a Spider-Man villain. 

He is more competent, I don't doubt that, but that doesn't mean that Electro and Shocker are incompetent. I'm seeing Spider-Man being far more competent a lot smarter then Cold, but even Spider-Man lost against Shocker once or twice and was spared by him.
Shocker should be able to deflect Colds attacks, since his freeze rays are not traveling thanks to magic. There is an impact behind them which leads them and Shocker can block them with his attacks, since they're affecting the traveling air.
And as I said it before, the freezing won't work on the Shocker as it would work on ... What do I know ... Batman! ... Because Shocker can vibrate attacks from him, even Spider-Mans supersticky and superstrong webbing which can not be ripped apart by a regular human. Even Captain America with his peak human strenght had to return few hours later to the fightscene to pick up his shield, because it was covered in webbing. Shocker can get rid of the webbing, and also of the ice around him.

#27 Posted by Sherlock (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

Way i see it its going to be a one shot battle whoever gets it off first will win.My money would be on cold,it take someone special to take on a flash

#28 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11520 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#29 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:

@Zoom said:

LMFAO  good luck on our Heroclix game btw
Thanks.  :P
#30 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enz 

I don't think you understand how Cold's powers work. 

He's not shooting ice.  He's shooting beams of cold, beams of absolute zero. 

I have no idea why you think the Spidey villains "can't be frozen."  It's a lot easier to break webbing than to survive being frozen to absolute zero temperatures. 

#31 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru: @Zoom
 My post said not current spider-man villains

They can't be frozen, that's the point. You don't know anything about the Spider-Mans villains:
- Electros full power blasts are more then enough to kill a human, way more then enough
- He can charge himself up and become superstrong and superfast

- He has slight powers over magnetism (I doubt that Colds weapons are made out of plastic, if you get what I mean)  - Very slight

- He can create electrical fields around him to vaporize incoming water, since that was his greatest weakness (and probably even Colds iceblasts) - Colds blasts are cold enough to freeze lava, so think again.

Cyclops is far and away more competent than Electro and Shocker and would beat either of them one on one.  That's why he can beat Cold and they can't.  Maybe together, they could do it.  Maybe. How is Shocker going to deflect Cold's attacks?  It's not like his gun shoots bullets.  There's a reason Cold's a Flash villain and Shocker's only a Spider-Man villain. 

He is more competent, I don't doubt that, but that doesn't mean that Electro and Shocker are incompetent. I'm seeing Spider-Man being far more competent a lot smarter then Cold, but even Spider-Man lost against Shocker once or twice and was spared by him.  - I'd like to point out that it is debatble who is smarter, also Cold is a better strategist and fighter... so that kind of screws shocker..

Shocker should be able to deflect Colds attacks, since his freeze rays are not traveling thanks to magic. There is an impact behind them which leads them and Shocker can block them with his attacks, since they're affecting the traveling air.      
And as I said it before, the freezing won't work on the Shocker as it would work on ... What do I know ... Batman! ... Because Shocker can vibrate attacks from him, even Spider-Mans supersticky and superstrong webbing which can not be ripped apart by a regular human. Even Captain America with his peak human strenght had to return few hours later to the fightscene to pick up his shield, because it was covered in webbing. Shocker can get rid of the webbing, and also of the ice around him.

A lot of things wrong with this Enzeru, btw is the Spider-man enemies vs rogues thread you are referring to mine?
#32 Posted by The Stegman (23033 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm i'm gonna give the edge to Cyclops, both have great long range, but Cyclops is in better shape, he'll be able to dodge Cold's beams faster than cold can dodge his

#33 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

round 1 I think  could go either way, it really come down to who get a clear shot first(Cyclops wont wanna hit any innocent bystander) while  some how i don't think Captain Cold would care.=P

round 2 I have to give it to Cyclops, i believe his range is greater. and with no one around he'll let lose.

#34 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cyclops =)

#35 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
@Enz 

I have no idea why you think the Spidey villains "can't be frozen."  It's a lot easier to break webbing than to survive being frozen to absolute zero temperatures. 

I stated absolutely everything in my posts and tried to explain it as good as I could.
Shocker is instantly vibrating attacks off, so that someone like Spider-Man can't oneshot him. The same goes for the webbing. It's not like he would spend minutes in Colds freezing... Now here is the interesting thing. Imagine you put your hand in liquid nitrogen. If you keep it for more then few seconds in there, your hand will be frozen, but if you pull it out instantly, nothing will happen.

Electros defense are his electrical fields which would vaporize the freeze-ray. Not perfectly, but it should do the trick to give Electro a good amount of protection.
And I don't know how good you were in the school, but I think that you should know how effectively electricity would be on ice, especially Colds icefields.
I know that you're posting that picture of yours pretty often and it's okay. It's a nice feat showing him freezing the hand of a total nobody in the DC universe.

Once again. I'm really trying to stay neutral here and to explain the aspects of the fight.
You guys think that Cold would solo anyone, just because you want him to, and that's not the goal of a battle-discussion, and that's the reason I'm stopping at this point.
#36 Posted by God_Spawn (37311 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops for reasons already stated.

#37 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enz 

You don't have to spend seconds in a cold field to be frozen.  Just look at the above scan.  He touches it and is frozen.  I can throw out a dozen others of Cold freezing people solid.

Liquid nitrogen is generally around -320 degrees f and getting warmer, which is why it "steams."  In fact, pouring liquid nitrogen onto your body generally isn't a problem because when it makes contact with your far warmer body, it evaporates unless you pour a ton of it onto you. 

Cold's beam is not liquid nitrogen, though.  It's absolute zero cold, putting it at about -459 degrees f and unlike liquid nitrogen, it doesn't just evaporate and float away when you touch it.  It will freeze you solid.  You will die if you touch it.  This goes for Shocker, Electro or any other Spidey villain that thinks that being able to break webbing will allow them to survive when their internal body temperature goes from 98 degrees to -459 degrees. 

I'm not sure how electric fields are supposed to vaporize freeze rays.  Cold's not shooting water at the guy.  He's shooting cold.

#38 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
What reasons? All I'm reading is a debate of Captain Cold against Spider-Man rogues :P
#39 Posted by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
@god_spawn said:
What reasons? All I'm reading is a debate of Captain Cold against Spider-Man rogues :P
Here's the gist of it: Basically, whoever hits first wins. It comes down to who is faster on the draw, and Cyclops is faster.
#40 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@texasdeathmatch said:
@god_spawn said:
Here's the gist of it: Basically, whoever hits first wins. It comes down to who is faster on the draw, and Cyclops is faster.
I agree. This new Nightwing fan seems extremely abrasive though for a newcomer.
#41 Posted by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
@JediXMan said:
@texasdeathmatch said:
@god_spawn said:
I agree. This new Nightwing fan seems extremely abrasive though for a newcomer.
Could be an alt. Or a good troll. Time will tell.
#42 Posted by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
You guys think that Cold would solo anyone, just because you want him to, and that's not the goal of a battle-discussion, and that's the reason I'm stopping at this point.
You're educating us on how the battle forums work? We've been here far longer than you.
#43 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

You're educating us on how the battle forums work? We've been here far longer than you.

Maybe you've been trolling much longer here then me :-|

I'm older then my girlfriend, but am I also smarter because of that? 
I have more money on my bank account then my boss, but I am also earning more then him? 
Do you see the point? 

When I give a response to a battle thread (And the battle-forum is mostly the only one I'm in), then I try to make myself as clear as possible, since I'm really into this shit. Sadly that's not the attitude of many of the other people, no matter if they have 250 posts, 2.500 posts or 25.000 posts

It shouldn't matter how long someone is a member of a forum, if they're being good members.
If someone with 10 posts gives you a good answer with acceptable reasoning, then accept it - but I know that you won't be able to, because that's how humans are. It's always the same: "I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG, FRIEND!" (Reference to Jack Ryder)
#44 Posted by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
@JediXMan said:

Maybe you've been trolling much longer here then me :-|
Yup. Stopped reading right there.
#45 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
You didn't. One more weakness of mankind.
#46 Posted by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
@JediXMan said:
You didn't. One more weakness of mankind.
Yeah, I did. Don't try to read me. You will fail.
#47 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's all take a chill pill here and break the ice with a little Albert Wesker jiggy. 

Now then. 
#48 Posted by Suiken_Seiji (520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enzeru

Actually, Zoom and JediXMan are credibly members and know what they're talking about. They don't troll, trolls usually get banned sooner or later and as long as they've been around, it's only proof they don't troll. They offer arguement and give support of evidence to make their argument pretty solid. In a debate, the opposing party is suppose to do the same. 

Though, like Shocker and Electro. They don't have the quick draw speed and firing speed to "out gun" Cold, nor have a defense for his cold beam. For you to make a case of countering this argument or to defend Shocker or Electro, you must present an validating argument giving a good point with show cased feats to back them up. 

Zoom has done just this. He has offered a good point and has offered a show cased feat just how deadly that cold beam can be, and for any Flash reader, it's common knowledge that Cold is one of the fastest quick draw and shooters there are. 

It's really not about who's "wrong or right", when you go that far. You're turning a debate into something personal. You have offer points and evidence to support your case.

#49 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
Yeah, I did. Don't try to read me. You will fail.
Because of the jedi-mind-trick?
#50 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: @Enzeru: Come on guys this is not debating, fair warning keep this on topic and don't escalate it into something it does not have to be.