• 61 results
#1 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

I was intrigued by Storm's recent comment, being tempted to use all of Wakanda's armies to annihilate one man. What if Black Panther took offense (come up with a good enough reason) and decided to take Scott out. When he comes after Scott in San Fran, who walks away the winner. Both have access to all of their equipment, and Scott is hosting an event for all X-men currenntly on earth. (If we don't have reason to think they aren't, like Havok, Polaris, Racheal, then they're in attendance.)

#2 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

#3 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott

#4 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, would have expected a few more responses..

#5 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

The vibranium in T'Challa's suit would absorb any of Cyke's optic beams.

#6 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"The vibranium in T'Challa's suit would absorb any of Cyke's optic beams."
Cyke isn't fighting alone.
#7 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott has faced foes whom he couldn't directly affect with his blasts before. Not to mention all the other people at his disposal. Remember, Cyke is on his new home turf, and has every loyal mutant there at the momment. How does T'Challa deal with this??

#8 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Emerald_General_Jai said:
"

Scott has faced foes whom he couldn't directly affect with his blasts before. Not to mention all the other people at his disposal. Remember, Cyke is on his new home turf, and has every loyal mutant there at the momment. How does T'Challa deal with this??

"
The battle was manufactured for Cyke to win, 100% (the X-Men have his back here!). What do you expect? If it was one-on-one, it would be different.
#9 Posted by King Saturn (225174 posts) - - Show Bio
Cyclops wins cause he has the X-Men backing him
#10 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

What a waste.

#11 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther wins. He's just a far better fighter than Cyclops. He would also be able to hold his own against the rest of the X-Men if need be.

#12 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
The battle was manufactured for Cyke to win, 100% (the X-Men have his back here!). What do you expect? If it was one-on-one, it would be different."
Well I still think Black Panther wins...

He has prep-time and Scott is unaware, so this is basically an assassination...

I don't know much about Wakanda, but do they have tech able to make BP undetectable by telepaths?
#13 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
LightBright said:
"Black Panther wins. He's just a far better fighter than Cyclops. He would also be able to hold his own against the rest of the X-Men if need be."
It's not possible.

The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Well I still think Black Panther wins...

He has prep-time and Scott is unaware, so this is basically an assassination...

I don't know much about Wakandan, but do they have tech able to make BP undetectable by telepaths?"

The OP never said that he wasn't aware. Wakanda does excel in technology, but I don't really know if they have anything that makes them undetectable by telepaths....
#14 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

its not interesting who wins if the xmen jump in too...  one on one cyclops wins.

#15 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
The OP never said that he wasn't aware. Wakanda does excel in technology, but I don't really know if they have anything that makes them undetectable by telepaths...."
 I was intrigued by Storm's recent comment, being tempted to use all of Wakanda's armies to annihilate one man. What if Black Panther took offense (come up with a good enough reason) and decided to take Scott out. When he comes after Scott in San Fran, who walks away the winner. Both have access to all of their equipment, and Scott is hosting an event for all X-men currenntly on earth. (If we don't have reason to think they aren't, like Havok, Polaris, Racheal, then they're in attendance.)
All it says is BP has decided to take out Scott and has prep.

Scott is hosting a banquet or something and has access to all his equipment.

I'm thinking BP could just kill Scott from far away. The X-Men might beat him to a pulp after that, but he still won the fight.
#16 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Apparition said:
"one on one cyclops wins."

Debatable. Though, I do see a possible BFR in Cyclops favor.

Wait.... If he was able to deal with Nightcrawler's agility and defeat him, then..... Damn...

*Fails at tryna find a way from T'Challa to win.*
#17 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol.  people just see tchalla's costume absorbing force and then dont think about the rest of the things that could happen in a fight.  but i can always count on you to use your head static.

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Apparition said:
"lol.  people just see tchalla's costume absorbing force and then dont think about the rest of the things that could happen in a fight.  but i can always count on you to use your head static."
Well.... Uhhh.....

*Still can't find a way for him to win*
#19 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#20 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
caption
caption
#21 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

nice scan lol

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man has come up with things to block TP and others have too. (Pretty sure he discussed it specifically with BP during Onslaught, but that may be a mistake.) Don't see why Wakanda couldn't if they have prep. Even without it, using the frogs or a teleporter to drop off some bombs (regular, genetic, nuclear, vibranium, whatever) at various places in the building where the banquet is being held shouldn't be difficult. He could do something more subtle and poison all the food. 

#23 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Iron Man has come up with things to block TP and others have too. (Pretty sure he discussed it specifically with BP during Onslaught, but that may be a mistake.) Don't see why Wakanda couldn't if they have prep. Even without it, using the frogs or a teleporter to drop off some bombs (regular, genetic, nuclear, vibranium, whatever) at various places in the building where the banquet is being held shouldn't be difficult. He could do something more subtle and poison all the food. "
How come I never think off things like this?
#24 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait...I don't get the OP though...are all the X-men there or just the ones mentioned?

#25 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

I got it from when Ororo mentioned being tempted to use everything at her diosposal to take Cyke out when he made her mad. Cyke's response was something like, u handle ur kingdom,and i'll handle mine. So what i'm lookin for is overall. I set it up so both would be in their element. Anything BP wants to bring from Wakanda he can, an he has soldiers of his own, and I gave Cyke his soldiers. Fight doesn't have to happen in San Fran. That's just where Scott is when BP puts his plan in motion.

#26 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

So Cyclops has all the mutants allied with him to fight against Black Panther and Wakanda?

#27 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

BP would win

#28 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"So Cyclops has all the mutants allied with him to fight against Black Panther and Wakanda?"

Yeah, anyone who would currently be allied with the X-Men is there, and he can deploy them as he see's fit in his response to BP's attack. So i guess i want whose the better leader,can Cyke find a way out of this, and if it comes down to hand to hand, hows it go.
#29 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

BP would beat cyclops in a hand to hand fiht

#30 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

If it comes down to hand to hand Black Panther would win in a fight, I don't doubt that. But Cyke has access to his optic blast and that vibranium suit of BP's ain't gonna hold up to that.

With the number of power mutants at Cyclops' disposal in this I think he can and will pull out a win Mutants vs Wakanda.

#31 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"If it comes down to hand to hand Black Panther would win in a fight, I don't doubt that. But Cyke has access to his optic blast and that vibranium suit of BP's ain't gonna hold up to that.

With the number of power mutants at Cyclops' disposal in this I think he can and will pull out a win Mutants vs Wakanda."
But, remember. T'Challa has prep-time. And, to he doesn't really have to fight head-on....
#32 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand that, but I don't see Black Panther bombing any location in the U.S., I also don't see him doing anything that is not involving him. He is going to want to be there in the action, he is the doer type, not have others do for me.

#33 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

The purpose of the fight is for him to go in an kill the leader of a superhero group and probably the majority of that group simply because they'll try to defend their leader. If he's already willing to do that, why not just bomb it? And if he thinks that way is more likely to succeed, he'll do it whether or not he'll get to be there. The poison method is something that works for both though. He could poison the food and be there in person talking to Scott while he eats and dies.

#34 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"The vibranium in T'Challa's suit would absorb any of Cyke's optic beams."

Not even.  Cyclops has destroyed Celestial armor with those blasts.  He could completely take BP's head off in one shot if he wanted to.

I'm not gonna theorize about the armies of Wakanda vs a bunch of random X-Men but Cyclops beats Black Panther hands down.
#35 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Not even.  Cyclops has destroyed Celestial armor with those blasts.  He could completely take BP's head off in one shot if he wanted to.
The optic blasts won't work on the suit, unless it's PIS. If the suit can take a blast from the power Cosmic, then optic blasts won't hurt him.
#36 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

bp is not getting through the XMEN and beating cyc at the same time.

I get the point of the thread but it just aint happening

I thought of a smiliar battle in which wolverine is hunting stark to revenge for cap....stark doesnt know hes coming could stark defend himself?

#37 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Zoom said:
"Not even.  Cyclops has destroyed Celestial armor with those blasts.  He could completely take BP's head off in one shot if he wanted to.
The optic blasts won't work on the suit, unless it's PIS. If the suit can take a blast from the power Cosmic, then optic blasts won't hurt him."
Who blasted him with the power cosmic?

Cyclops' strongest blast > what Surfer would use to take down a human
#38 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
Who blasted him with the power cosmic?

Cyclops' strongest blast > what Surfer would use to take down a human"
The Surfer. And, the optic blasts wont go through the suit unless it's PIS.

speedlgt
said:
"bp is not getting through the XMEN and beating cyc at the same time.

I get the point of the thread but it just aint happening

I thought of a smiliar battle in which wolverine is hunting stark to revenge for cap....stark doesnt know hes coming could stark defend himself?"
T'Challa doesn't have to fight the X-Men head-up. Someone already came up with ways for him to win, without an actual confrontation.
#39 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

ah come on guys I know BP is GOD on this site but for real lets agree he looses FINALLY

hell even I would say my boy bats would loose to like 4 GLs superman and Flash......................they may need blue beetle and green arrow thoughtya know just ion case........bat factor is a b!tch

#40 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"ah come on guys I know BP is GOD on this site but for real lets agree he looses FINALLY 
There are so many possibilities here. He's not really god, and we when he loses. But, be for real here. Do you really think T'Challa would fight the X-Men by himself? He wouldn't let himself get outnumbered. Besides, with prep-time on Cyclops, knowing he's hosting a banquet, there are so many way T'Challa could win this without actually fighting him. Note that Cyclops doesn't suspect T'Challa or what he plans to do, so he's not gonna know he's there.
#41 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole bombing thing could be turned against Black Panther, cyclops has many teleporters. He can call upon people immune to being poisoned and whatnot [e.g Wolverine, who would probably detect any poison, heck they are so hated and feared they probably have Hank do some kinda tests on stuff they eat anyway]. Cyclops can also call on some pretty hefty powerhouses like the Juggernaught, Dust, Iceman and Darwin, people who could potentially keep Scott very safe and destroy probably kill everyone Black Panther can send. Heck if we are talking about all they can CALL [Surely they have some kind of intergalactic phone in their equipment] on, then he could call the technologically advanced Sh-iar. OOH, is Hank still  going out with the lady from S.W.O.R.D? Having a group more secretive than S.H.I.E.L.D on your side could be handy too.

#42 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"

The whole bombing thing could be turned against Black Panther, cyclops has many teleporters. He can call upon people immune to being poisoned and whatnot [e.g Wolverine, who would probably detect any poison, heck they are so hated and feared they probably have Hank do some kinda tests on stuff they eat anyway]. Cyclops can also call on some pretty hefty powerhouses like the Juggernaught, Dust, Iceman and Darwin, people who could potentially keep Scott very safe and destroy probably kill everyone Black Panther can send. Heck if we are talking about all they can CALL [Surely they have some kind of intergalactic phone in their equipment] on, then he could call the technologically advanced Sh-iar. OOH, is Hank still  going out with the lady from S.W.O.R.D? Having a group more secretive than S.H.I.E.L.D on your side could be handy too.

"
Cyclops doesn't know that Black Panther is coming. None of this is relevant unless Black Panther decides to fight them head-on, and I doubt he would do that.
#43 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

So...why does Cyclops have all his equipment? What equipment does he have in a standard situation apart from his visor? Just brings it to his parties for show and tell?

#44 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is just an ambush/Assassination then the other mutants being there and Cyke having access to all his equipment is redundant. One crew v another crew im saying Cyclops, just Cyclops and Black Panther and im saying Cyclops.

Another point, Even if BP can come up with a way to block telepathy in terms of his own forces doesnt stop the combined might of Emma Frost, Xavier and the Stepford Cuckoos being used to forcibly conscript other heroes/metahumans to their cause....The Sentry might be a big stepping stone for BP to get over [assuming they could manipulate him that is]

#45 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"So...why does Cyclops have all his equipment? What equipment does he have in a standard situation apart from his visor? Just brings it to his parties for show and tell?"
Cyclops doesn't have prep-time, while T'Challa does. Having access to all equipment is different from prep-time. If all Cyclops uses is his visor and a communicator, then that's all he has.

Logic Mark III said:
"If this is just an ambush/Assassination then the other mutants being there and Cyke having access to all his equipment is redundant. 

How is it redundant when the OP set up the battle that way? You wanna argue with him? LOL.

Logic Mark III said:
"Another point, Even if BP can come up with a way to block telepathy in terms of his own forces doesnt stop the combined might of Emma Frost, Xavier and the Stepford Cuckoos being used to forcibly conscript other heroes/metahumans to their cause....The Sentry might be a big stepping stone for BP to get over [assuming they could manipulate him that is]"
Sentry is not a part of the X-Men. You can't use him. He's not a mutant. So, why would he be invited to an event that's held for all X-Men?
#46 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems a little odd to say all their equipment and BP gets his entire countries resources and Scott gets basically a whistle and a flashlight.

The X-men being there is redundant, i didnt say DONT put them there, they can be there, not arguing that, but if they dont know they have to protect Scott and are just chilling then they are redundant arent they, what are they going to do against an assassin they dont know is coming? It makes it very hard for anyone in the room to be of any help especially when they dont know who the target is or what the form of attack could be. Same thing goes for ALL his equipment, whats the Blackbird jet just sitting there in his party gonna do for him if he doesnt know why he is going to be using it?

Never said that the Sentry was an X-man. I merely tried to show a way to get around telepathic blocks BP may come up with and a way to bolster their troop numbers. The people mentioned do have telepathy, [THEY GET INTO PEOPLES MINDS AND CONTROL THEM is what i was getting at, they control the Sentry or whoevers mind, not that the Sentry was there] they do have good range and increased strength with cooperation, They are in America, so whats to stop them from calling every man/woman/child/matahuman in the vacinity to the scene? Its a viable attack/defence.

#47 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"Seems a little odd to say all their equipment and BP gets his entire countries resources and Scott gets basically a whistle and a flashlight.

The X-men being there is redundant, i didnt say DONT put them there, they can be there, not arguing that, but if they dont know they have to protect Scott and are just chilling then they are redundant arent they, what are they going to do against an assassin they dont know is coming? It makes it very hard for anyone in the room to be of any help especially when they dont know who the target is or what the form of attack could be. Same thing goes for ALL his equipment, whats the Blackbird jet just sitting there in his party gonna do for him if he doesnt know why he is going to be using it?"

That's just it. That's how the battle is set up. Why argue against it?

Logic Mark III said:
"Never said that the Sentry was an X-man. I merely tried to show a way to get around telepathic blocks BP may come up with and a way to bolster their troop numbers. The people mentioned do have telepathy, [THEY GET INTO PEOPLES MINDS AND CONTROL THEM is what i was getting at, they control the Sentry or whoevers mind, not that the Sentry was there] they do have good range and increased strength with cooperation, They are in America, so whats to stop them from calling every man/woman/child/matahuman in the vacinity to the scene? Its a viable attack/defence."
Outside help wasn't given to the X-Men. Not valid here. Doesn't matter where they are. This cannot be used. The X-Men aren't there for no reason.
#48 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not arguing. Just saying they are pretty much irrelevent, so is the equipment if he has no idea. I dont read it at Cyclops having no idea. It doesnt really say that and the criteria, with him having all his equipment available, suggests he is some level of prepaired.

Failing that this isnt a battle. Its Cyclops getting mulched without any knowledge of it. Defeats the whole resources thing for BP too, isnt going to really need it.

Didnt see it stated outside help wasnt given to the X-men, anyway its not help they are straight up jacking the dudes mind. Its viable. They arent asking they are imposing. The setting is America, not some neautral place there will be others around they can use. Its a facet of their powers, to not allow them to do so is to weaken them. 

#49 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

Their relevance depends on how BP attacks. If he comes in and tries to take him one on one, then all the X-Men being there is totally relevant. That's why I went with something that gets around them. The equipment is relevant too if Cyke has time to use it. If the banquet is in their HQ then he's got more than his visor, and all that stuff is useful, but not if he doesn't get to it.

#50 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"

Im not arguing. Just saying they are pretty much irrelevent, so is the equipment if he has no idea. I dont read it at Cyclops having no idea. It doesnt really say that and the criteria, with him having all his equipment available, suggests he is some level of prepaired.

Failing that this isnt a battle. Its Cyclops getting mulched without any knowledge of it. Defeats the whole resources thing for BP too, isnt going to really need it.

Didnt see it stated outside help wasnt given to the X-men, anyway its not help they are straight up jacking the dudes mind. Its viable. They arent asking they are imposing. The setting is America, not some neautral place there will be others around they can use. Its a facet of their powers, to not allow them to do so is to weaken them. 

"
Well, it's pretty self-explanatory. If it doesn't say Cyclops is prepared, then he isn't. If outside help isn't specified, then the X-Men don't get it. If someone made this battle just Black Panther vs. Cyclops, then neither said has prep-time because it's not specified for either of them. It doesn't matter where the setting is. That's like saying because Batman and Captain America fight in Times Square that Cap could get Spidey to help because he's in New York. A facet of their powers is mind control. Using it to bring others into the battle is considered outside help. That's like Cyclops giving the Avengers a phone call to come help them. Asking. Imposing. Doesn't matter. It's an attempt to bring others into the battle when unspecified.