No Caption Provided
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Does Black Lightning have any special defense or enhanced speed?

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Strafe Prower

He has a Force Field that he uses, and he is an olympic level athelete.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zoom

Cyclops.  Faster shot and more accurate.  Either is gonna go down in one blast.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Zoom said:
"Cyclops.  Faster shot and more accurate.  Either is gonna go down in one blast."
Agreed.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AtPhantom

Yeah, Cyclops BL's forcefield is nothing Cyke could break through.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strafe Prower
Zoom said:
"Cyclops.  Faster shot and more accurate.  Either is gonna go down in one blast."
BL has a force feild that he keeps up, that would most likely take the speed factor out of the fight.
IF Cyclops can hit him once he wins...if not, it's all BL.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AtPhantom
Strafe Prower said:
"Zoom said:
BL has a force feild that he keeps up, that would most likely take the speed factor out of the fight.
"
I remember BL making a forcefield in the beginning of JLA, and I wasn't impressed. Are there any other instances of the forcefied?
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strafe Prower
AtPhantom said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"Zoom said:
"
I remember BL making a forcefield in the beginning of JLA, and I wasn't impressed. Are there any other instances of the forcefied?"
Hm....let me see if i still got some scans.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Static Shock

Interesting battle.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Strafe Prower
Static Shock said:
"Interesting battle."
I tried to make it that way.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

Cyclops

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordCosmicKing

i was already stumped on both guys  initial attack knocking the other out but now i definitely cant decide.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom
LordCosmicKing said:
"i was already stumped on both guys  initial attack knocking the other out but now i definitely cant decide."
Well if we go by that, all Cyclops has to do is look at him, that would be faster than BL's attack,
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock
I think Black Lightning could win this. Problem is, I haven't read up on much of his appearances to make a case for him. He's had up to two volumes and both of them were canceled. He appears more in other people comics than his own. I've seen him in action a few times in the new JLA series. I haven't seen him go up against any villain considered significant.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"I think Black Lightning could win this. Problem is, I haven't read up on much of his appearances to make a case for him. He's had up to two volumes and both of them were canceled. He appears more in other people comics than his own. I've seen him in action a few times in the new JLA series. I haven't seen him go up against any villain considered significant."
I don't see anyway he can win.I asked if he had any special defense because as far as I know..there is nothing he can do to save him from getting blasted.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock
AtPhantom said:
"Well if we go by that, all Cyclops has to do is look at him, that would be faster than BL's attack,"
True. Black Lightning could always dodge, though. I know he's a little adept in acrobatics, but not by much. I think he have a better chance at generating an electromagnetic shield to protect him, but I don't know how powerful it is. And, BL can fly too. I remember seeing a scan from vol 2 of him propelling himself through the air with his lower body charged with electricity.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"I don't see anyway he can win.I asked if he had any special defense because as far as I know..there is nothing he can do to save him from getting blasted."
Electromagnetic shield.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't see anyway he can win.I asked if he had any special defense because as far as I know..there is nothing he can do to save him from getting blasted."
Electromagnetic shield."
You honestly think Cyclops can't shoot right through that?
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LordCosmicKing

if we use magneto as an example no he cant :P

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"You honestly think Cyclops can't shoot right through that?"
Has he ever shot through one, such as Magneto's? And, we don't know how powerful B.L.'s shield is.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Strafe Prower
Static Shock said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Well if we go by that, all Cyclops has to do is look at him, that would be faster than BL's attack,"
True. Black Lightning could always dodge, though. I know he's a little adept in acrobatics, but not by much. I think he have a better chance at generating an electromagnetic shield to protect him, but I don't know how powerful it is. And, BL can fly too. I remember seeing a scan from vol 2 of him propelling himself through the air with his lower body charged with electricity."
He is an olympic gold metalist so....yea acrobatics are easy for him.
He can fly as you said as well.
Static Shock said:
"I think Black Lightning could win this. Problem is, I haven't read up on much of his appearances to make a case for him. He's had up to two volumes and both of them were canceled. He appears more in other people comics than his own. I've seen him in action a few times in the new JLA series. I haven't seen him go up against any villain considered significant."

He has a current mini called Black Lightning Year One that you should check out!
He once saved Superman's but from someone.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
Has he ever shot through one, such as Magneto's? And, we don't know how powerful B.L.'s shield is."
It's not the nature of the forcefield..it's the person who the shield belongs to.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LordCosmicKing

sounds like something batman would say  :)

"It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me."

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Strafe Prower
LordCosmicKing said:
"sounds like something batman would say  :)

"It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.""
lol
Vance Astro said:
"Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
Has he ever shot through one, such as Magneto's? And, we don't know how powerful B.L.'s shield is."
It's not the nature of the forcefield..it's the person who the shield belongs too."
You ever read his stuff with the Outsiders?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Strafe Prower said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"sounds like something batman would say  :)

"It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.""
lol
Vance Astro said:
"Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
It's not the nature of the forcefield..it's the person who the shield belongs too."
"
No.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strafe Prower
Vance Astro said:
"Strafe Prower said:
Vance Astro said:
"Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
No."
You should, it might clear up some of the questions like How strong his forcefield is.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Andferne
Strafe Prower said:
"You should, it might clear up some of the questions like How strong his forcefield is."
You could always give examples, or show scans of how powerful his shielding is.

Force field or not I believe Cyclops wins this.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Strafe Prower
Andferne said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"You should, it might clear up some of the questions like How strong his forcefield is."

Force field or not I believe Cyclops wins this."
i don't have the issues anymore, and i couldn't quote them correctly if i tried. I read them a long while back. Like i said i am on the search for scans right now. anyone got a place i might can look at?
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lantern Prime

Blacklighting. Hes taken on hordes of enemies and has clear them out before.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Andferne
Lantern Prime said:
"Blacklighting. Hes taken on hordes of enemies and has clear them out before."
Hordes of enemies? Like super powered beings, thugs, agents, gangsters?... If we are basing it off that then Cyclops has done the same thing.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Strafe Prower

Black Lightning has a lot of advantages here that could win the match for him.

not to mention if BL got in close combat with Cyclops(wouldn't happen) He would destroy him.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Andferne

Wouldn't Cyclops blasts just be as dangerous up close? They would strike their opponent faster and harder. Giving him less room and time to dodge the attacks. And Cyclops is no slouch in the hand to hand department. Cyclops is and has been the leader of the X-men for a long time, and for good reason. The guy is a tactical genius and thinks on his feet.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34  Edited By The_Martian

Hmm...I'm leaning towards Black Lightning cause he has a wider range of attacks, but I'm not sure.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Strafe Prower
Andferne said:
"Wouldn't Cyclops blasts just be as dangerous up close? They would strike their opponent faster and harder. Giving him less room and time to dodge the attacks. And Cyclops is no slouch in the hand to hand department. Cyclops is and has been the leader of the X-men for a long time, and for good reason. The guy is a tactical genius and thinks on his feet."
The reason i said that is because one contact with the power of turning his hands to Electricity and Cyclops is gone. Just one hit is all it would take. He also got props from Batman on his H2H so he is no stouch in that department.
Black Lightning was the unofficial leader of the Outsiders for a long time as well, so the same could be said for him.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lantern Prime
Strafe Prower said:
"Black Lightning has a lot of advantages here that could win the match for him.
not to mention if BL got in close combat with Cyclops(wouldn't happen) He would destroy him.
"

Electrical Punches. I mean Cyclops is way more accurate than BL at his projectile and has mastered it. Im not sure Cyclops can take on his BL electric blasts tha way BL can take on Cykes optic blast. Imean if he he hits Cykes with it theres a good chance he paralizes Cykes. But if Cyclops connects with his beam and hit BL, BL could get hurt a little bit but get back up. BL  has a force fieldl. Cyclops is the one thats seems more vulnerable. He can dodge but not on the superhuman level though. I believe thats what it will take to dodge BL blasts.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Strafe Prower
Lantern Prime said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"Black Lightning has a lot of advantages here that could win the match for him.
"

Electrical Punches. I mean Cyclops is way more accurate than BL at his projectile and has mastered it. Im not sure Cyclops can take on his BL electric blasts tha way BL can take on Cykes optic blast. Imean if he he hits Cykes with it theres a good chance he paralizes Cykes. But if Cyclops connects with his beam and hit BL, BL could get hurt a little bit but get back up. BL  has a force fieldl. Cyclops is the one thats seems more vulnerable. He can dodge but not on the superhuman level though. I believe thats what it will take to dodge BL blasts."
I agree, plus the advantage of Flight so i am leaning to BL after a good fight.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lantern Prime

Oh yean I forgot he can fly. The last JLA book I read was issue # 10. Way back 2 yrs ago or so.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Andferne
Strafe Prower said:
"The reason i said that is because one contact with the power of turning his hands to Electricity and Cyclops is gone. Just one hit is all it would take."
I don't see him getting that close to be honest. If, and that is a very big if Cyclops can not pick him off with a straight shot, or a ricochet shot at a distance, then when BL gets closer he just opens up with a wider beam where no amount of dodging is going to help.

Strafe Prower said:
"He also got props from Batman on his H2H so he is no stouch in that department."
Batman will give credit to anyone these days. :P jk. But like above, I don't think this fight will ever come down to trading blows with fists, no matter which one wins this.

Strafe Prower said:
"Black Lightning was the unofficial leader of the Outsiders for a long time as well, so the same could be said for him."
Sorry but that does not really impress me. Especially with the unofficial title. Cyclops is arguable the second best leader Marvel has. But leadership skills are really not going to help either of them in this. What will his thinking on their feat and coming up with a way to take their opponent down. Cyclops can tag Quicksilver with a optic blast then I don't think BL is going to stand up too long. You brought up earlier that all BL would need is one contact, but the same can be said for Cyclops. All he needs is one shot and this thing is done for.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Strafe Prower

You should check out his Black Lightning's current mini! It's only on Issue 2.

No Caption Provided

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lantern Prime
Andferne said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"The reason i said that is because one contact with the power of turning his hands to Electricity and Cyclops is gone. Just one hit is all it would take."
I don't see him getting that close to be honest. If, and that is a very big if Cyclops can not pick him off with a straight shot, or a ricochet shot at a distance, then when BL gets closer he just opens up with a wider beam where no amount of dodging is going to help.

Strafe Prower said:
"He also got props from Batman on his H2H so he is no stouch in that department."
Batman will give credit to anyone these days. :P jk. But like above, I don't think this fight will ever come down to trading blows with fists, no matter which one wins this.

Strafe Prower said:
"Black Lightning was the unofficial leader of the Outsiders for a long time as well, so the same could be said for him."
Sorry but that does not really impress me. Especially with the unofficial title. Cyclops is arguable the second best leader Marvel has. But leadership skills are really not going to help either of them in this. What will his thinking on their feat and coming up with a way to take their opponent down. Cyclops can tag Quicksilver with a optic blast then I don't think BL is going to stand up too long. You brought up earlier that all BL would need is one contact, but the same can be said for Cyclops. All he needs is one shot and this thing is done for.
"
I don't think hes giving any props anymore to people..... R.I.P........
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Andferne
Lantern Prime said:
"I don't think hes giving any props anymore to people..... R.I.P........"
RIP, why?
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lantern Prime
Andferne said:
"Lantern Prime said:
RIP, why?"

did you read where Batman took heart first the omega effect from Darkseid and died in Supes hands?
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Andferne
Lantern Prime said:
"did you read where Batman took heart first the omega effect from Darkseid and died in Supes hands?"
Didn't he just get transported into the past?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"It's not the nature of the forcefield..it's the person who the shield belongs to."
Therefore, it's the person's power level that determines how powerful the shield is. Has he busted through an electromagnetic shield before? Yes or no. And, who's was it?

Strafe Prower said:
"i don't have the issues anymore, and i couldn't quote them correctly if i tried. I read them a long while back. Like i said i am on the search for scans right now. anyone got a place i might can look at?"

I've tried already. KMC doesn't have any.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Andferne said:
"Strafe Prower said:

Thank you for saying this...no offense but I hate when people tell me to read things instead of giving me an answer.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lantern Prime
Lantern Prime said:
"Andferne said:
"Lantern Prime said:
RIP, why?"

did you read where Batman took heart first the omega effect from Darkseid and died in Supes hands?"

@: Andferne
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Andferne said:
"Strafe Prower said:

Thank you for saying this...no offense but I hate when people tell me to read things instead of giving me an answer."
agreed
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Strafe Prower
1. i don't think Cyclops would do that and risk killing someone.
2.lol, like i said, H2H wouldn't happen in this fight.
3.Arguable being the key word. I would put him at 6-8 maybe, but not 2nd.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock
Lantern Prime said:
"Electrical Punches. I mean Cyclops is way more accurate than BL at his projectile and has mastered it. Im not sure Cyclops can take on his BL electric blasts tha way BL can take on Cykes optic blast. Imean if he he hits Cykes with it theres a good chance he paralizes Cykes. But if Cyclops connects with his beam and hit BL, BL could get hurt a little bit but get back up. BL  has a force fieldl. Cyclops is the one thats seems more vulnerable. He can dodge but not on the superhuman level though. I believe thats what it will take to dodge BL blasts."
How come you don't do this in other threads?

Andferne said:
"Didn't he just get transported into the past?"

No. Superman was holding his body.