• 69 results
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I see Gambit, Sunspot, and Iceman. No Cyclops anywhere in that pic.

@Mr. M isn't Cyclops. They don't utilize the same type of energy or in the same concentrated dose. I love how some things Bishop has been shown to do are cherry picked while others are dismissed as bad writing. The truth is everytime Bishop and Cyclops have tangled its been shown that Cycs blasts are more then Bishop can handle. Period.

Edit: In the last scan all Cyclops is doing is touching him. Come on, do you really think thats the same as blasting him?
Post Edited:2008-05-19 22:57:04

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Sling Shot says:

"Bishop was hyper charged with a concotion of energy from Iceman, Cyclops, Storm, Jubilee and maybe more. They were juicing him up for akilling stroke for Magneto. All those different mutants wouldn't be necessary if Cyke could overload him solo. Which is why I consider that picture post inconsistant writing also because my example preceedes it. The nature of Bishop's blasts have been identical to their source now it is undetermined the succinct nature of his blast, but they do damage.@Vance Astro are yooooouuuuuu serious??? What kind of response is that to my very well informed and articulate post.@Gambler post the pic of Bishop absorbing the Onslaught blast, or the post I mentioned above with all the different frequencies of power. Or Bishop in any number of scraps putting it down. Those couple of pics don't convince me against the evidence I posted. I've seen Bishop do to much to go for the stuff ya'll posted."

I got you...

Bishop takes a shot from Mr. M (one of the most powerful mutants of all time) and gives it back double.

Post Edited:2008-05-19 22:57:52

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Gambler says:

"I see Gambit, Sunspot, and Iceman. No Cyclops anywhere in that pic.@Mr. M isn't Cyclops. They don't utilize the same type of energy or in the same concentrated dose. I love how some things Bishop has been shown to do are cherry picked while others are dismissed as bad writing. The truth is everytime Bishop and Cyclops have tangled its been shown that Cycs blasts are more then Bishop can handle. Period.**Edit:** In the last scan all Cyclops is doing is touching him. Come on, do you really think thats the same as blasting him?
Post Edited:2008-05-19 22:57:04"

The point is he is absorbing plenty of energy,more then a Cyclops blast.In both scans.How inconsistent is that with Cyclops overloading him?Very,

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#54  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"The scans show that Cyclops could easily overload Bishop, since he can't contain that much energy. Cyclops isn't afraid to kill anymore, so there's nothing stopping him from overloading him to the point where it would kill him. Even with that, Cyclops could easily tag Bishop if he wanted to. "

As a couple of people have said, Bishop could have released the energy had there not been people around. He wouldn't have had to keep it inside and let it continue to hurt him. And I'm noticing that the shooting only seems to be going one way. Everyone's saying how easily Cyclops could hit Bishop, but I haven't seen many posts saying Bishop could hit Cyclops with his own energy, guns or explosives.
Post Edited:2008-05-19 23:33:38

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Tahdigga

Gambler says:

@Mr. M isn't Cyclops. They don't utilize the same type of energy or in the same concentrated dose.

Isn't Mr. M an Omega level mutant? I would think Bishop would be lite workout for him. If Bishop can take him on, I don't see Cyk getting the upperhand in this fight, especially with Bishop's upgrades. As for Cable, IMO he's still a formitable opponent even holding a baby and powerless.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Omega Level Mutant means what exactly? Polaris downed Vulcan who is Omega Level, does this mean every character not labeled Omega falls to her in combat? Of course not. But I concede. I don't see any of us agreeing anytime soon. Nice posts though.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Sling Shot

@ Gambler: You don't see Cyclops in the above post?

And I forgot the double output, actually didn't know if they still did it, but the double output is a definite tactical plus.

If you were to tally up all the different showings of Bishop's abilities prove that Bishop hasn't been consistently depicted powers-wise, showing uncertainty of the writers or their general apathy about him as a character, or bad writing.

But I believe in that mengerie of evidence, which is all canon, Bishop has what it takes to pull out the win.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sling Shot says:

"@ Gambler: You don't see Cyclops in the above post?And I forgot the double output, actually didn't know if they still did it, but the double output is a definite tactical plus.If you were to tally up all the different showings of Bishop's abilities prove that Bishop hasn't been consistently depicted powers-wise, showing uncertainty of the writers or their general apathy about him as a character, or bad writing.But I believe in that mengerie of evidence, which is all canon, Bishop has what it takes to pull out the win."

It wasn't in there at the time I made my post. I have since edited my original statement.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Sling Shot

Post Deleted.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Sling Shot

All the mutants that contributed their energies were there embracing Bishop. I know you can't see all the frames of them juicing him,because they are not all posted, but they all blasted him. All 6 or 7 of them.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maybe thats just bad writing. Seeing as how he's never been able to hold up against Cyclops before.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Static Shock

I guess I can agree on Bishop's limit to absorbing energies as inconsistent. For now...

Gambler says:

Maybe thats just bad writing. Seeing as how he's never been able to hold up against Cyclops before.

Just when I was about to change my mind about Bishop's energy absorption limit...
Post Edited:2008-05-20 00:14:18

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Sling Shot says:

"All the mutants that contributed their energies were there embracing Bishop. I know you can't see all the frames of them juicing him,because they are not all posted, but they all blasted him. All 6 or 7 of them."

Thats right.Im sure they are far greater then a blast by Cyclops/

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By Static Shock

Or maybe Cyclops' optic blasts are more powerful than we thought... It's something to think about, really...

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Gambler says:

"Maybe thats just bad writing. Seeing as how he's never been able to hold up against Cyclops before."

Or maybe its not,maybe its ust inconsistency or whatever genius rants Sling Shot was spitting out lol.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Sling Shot

Akira Overdrive says:

"Gambler says:
"Maybe thats just bad writing. Seeing as how he's never been able to hold up against Cyclops before."

Or maybe its not,maybe its ust inconsistency or whatever genius rants Sling Shot was spitting out lol."

Aaaahhh genius rants, now thats consistent writing.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Sling Shot says:

"Akira Overdrive says:
"Gambler says:

Or maybe its not,maybe its ust inconsistency or whatever genius rants Sling Shot was spitting out lol."

Aaaahhh genius rants, now thats consistent writing."

Haha,Luv it man.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bishop

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops has this easily.He has done it a lot times an had no prob. overloading bishop.He beats him in h2h and is better at using his environment .CYKE HAS THIS EASILY.BISHOPS BODY CAN'T ABSORB CYKE'S BLASTS AND WILL BURN TO CINDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!