Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Damn...Ive done this on Marvel..Its a hard debate,but I think Bishop is going to take it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cyclops.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Cyclops.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Sling Shot

Fight for the dream.

Xaviers' first student.

vs

Xaviers'final defender.

fight!

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Akira Overdrive

We all know Cyclops is a tactician but in Bishops field he has to be on that same level of tactical mindset,plus his powers are an advantage,he wouldn't risk getting overloaded after its been done to him once before.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn

I think Cyclops should win here.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Gambler says:

"Cyclops has already shown that his blasts are too much for Bishop to handle. Even if he does absorb some of the impact, the force is enough to blast him off his feet. Something he would have to recover from. And Cyclops is no joke with the hands."

Neither is Bishop,Im sure you read "Gambit and Bishop"

Like I said Bishop isn't going to just let himself get hit by the blast and if he does he can store em.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cyclops has already shown that his blasts are too much for Bishop to handle. Even if he does absorb some of the impact, the force is enough to blast him off his feet. Something he would have to recover from. And Cyclops is no joke with the hands.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock

Akira Overdrive says:

"We all know Cyclops is a tactician but in Bishops field he has to be on that same level of tactical mindset

I think Cyclops has him beat there... They are by no means equal in tactics.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

If Cyc wants to tag Bishop theres nothing B can do to stop it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock

If Cyclops can bounce his beams off of angles precisely to hit a target, then I can see him tagging Bishop every time, who doesn't have peak-human or superhuman agility

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Bishop can absorb massive amounts of energy,a little thing like sitting in the snow can give him energy.Enough to blast Cyke after rolling around and dodging,even increasing his strength.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Last_Guardian

gotta say Cyclops here

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Akira Overdrive says:

"Bishop can absorb massive amounts of energy,a little thing like sitting in the snow can give him energy.Enough to blast Cyke after rolling around and dodging,even increasing his strength."

When? When has Bishop ever been shown to get stronger as he dodges?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Akira Overdrive says:

"Gambler says:
"Akira Overdrive says:
"Bishop can absorb massive amounts of energy,a little thing like sitting in the snow can give him energy.Enough to blast Cyke after rolling around and dodging,even increasing his strength."

When? When has Bishop ever been shown to get stronger as he dodges?"

Like I said if he dodges he is likely gaining kinetic energy from hitting the ground and etc. If something like sitting in snow gives him energy why wouldn't that?"

Cause he's dodged lots of things and never been shown gaining energy from it. Also, Cyclops' eye beams contain more energy then Bishop can absorb. This is something that has been stated in several X-Men comics. Most recently Messiah Complex.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Gambler says:

"Akira Overdrive says:

Like I said if he dodges he is likely gaining kinetic energy from hitting the ground and etc. If something like sitting in snow gives him energy why wouldn't that?

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Gambler says:

"Akira Overdrive says:
"Gambler says:
"Akira Overdrive says:

Like I said if he dodges he is likely gaining kinetic energy from hitting the ground and etc. If something like sitting in snow gives him energy why wouldn't that?"

Cause he's dodged lots of things and never been shown gaining energy from it. Also, Cyclops' eye beams contain more energy then Bishop can absorb. This is something that has been stated in several X-Men comics. Most recently Messiah Complex. "

Its possible that he can,we can't just say that its not.Anyway Bishop wouldn't just sit there to get hit if he knows he can get overloaded.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Gambler says:

"I'm not saying he would just sit there. Cyclops can create any number of angle/ricochet shots that would take out Bishop, not to mention he could create a blast wide enough that Bishop couldn't avoid it. I wouldn't put Bishop's agility at Olympic Level. Would you? Cyc could blast the roof, floor, walls, aim in front of Bishop and then fire behind him, bounce a shot of several objects and dictate Bishop's movements with other blasts until he positions him in the right spot. I mean the offensive capabilities of Cyc are to much for Bishop to overcome. The games on though so I'll continue this later."

LOL Yeah..

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pixelized

doesnt bishop absorb energy and use it as his own?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm not saying he would just sit there. Cyclops can create any number of angle/ricochet shots that would take out Bishop, not to mention he could create a blast wide enough that Bishop couldn't avoid it. I wouldn't put Bishop's agility at Olympic Level. Would you? Cyc could blast the roof, floor, walls, aim in front of Bishop and then fire behind him, bounce a shot of several objects and dictate Bishop's movements with other blasts until he positions him in the right spot. I mean the offensive capabilities of Cyc are to much for Bishop to overcome. The games on though so I'll continue this later.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ace High

I think it would take a hella beam from cyclops to take Bishop down rather than loads of little ones. I mean on more than one occasion bishop has been seen absorbing enough energy to kill an army of mutants or whatever it was onslaught said. I wouldn't say Cyclops training was any more than Bishops in terms of martial combat seeing as Lucas was brought up in the ol' "dystopian future" and he was an elite member of the XSE so he is at the very least a trained soldier. Plus he has been shown beaten Wolverine in hand to hand combat stating that he knows all about them all from the future so surely that knowledge would be an important factor in the fight. Especially now he has that swanky new arm of his, not entirely sure exactly what it does yet but it definately enhances his strength above their usual levels.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Ace High says:

"I think it would take a hella beam from cyclops to take Bishop down rather than loads of little ones. I mean on more than one occasion bishop has been seen absorbing enough energy to kill an army of mutants or whatever it was onslaught said. I wouldn't say Cyclops training was any more than Bishops in terms of martial combat seeing as Lucas was brought up in the ol' "dystopian future" and he was an elite member of the XSE so he is at the very least a trained soldier. Plus he has been shown beaten Wolverine in hand to hand combat stating that he knows all about them all from the future so surely that knowledge would be an important factor in the fight. Especially now he has that swanky new arm of his, not entirely sure exactly what it does yet but it definately enhances his strength above their usual levels."

Good post.Now its 2 on .....5

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Ace High says:

"I think it would take a hella beam from cyclops to take Bishop down rather than loads of little ones. I mean on more than one occasion bishop has been seen absorbing enough energy to kill an army of mutants or whatever it was onslaught said. I wouldn't say Cyclops training was any more than Bishops in terms of martial combat seeing as Lucas was brought up in the ol' "dystopian future" and he was an elite member of the XSE so he is at the very least a trained soldier. Plus he has been shown beaten Wolverine in hand to hand combat stating that he knows all about them all from the future so surely that knowledge would be an important factor in the fight. Especially now he has that swanky new arm of his, not entirely sure exactly what it does yet but it definately enhances his strength above their usual levels."

Good post.Now its 2 on .....5

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I forgot all about the arm. I'm curious though if it also absorbs energy, or could it be blasted off?

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Akira Overdrive

He wont let it happen G,he just wont!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Also read the caption in the bottom panel.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Darkchild
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

He survived cause Cyclops stopped. He even says its burning him up. Had Cyclops wanted to kill Bishop he would be dead right now.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sling Shot

I give this to Bishop. Although Cyclops is written as the conssumate leader on most occasions his leadership is not infallible. And on the introduction of Bishop he displayed excellent ledership, tactically and by example taking on a small army of futuristic mutants as well as X-Men team gold.

The nature of Cyclops powers play to Bishop's strengths.Though it is suggested that Bishop can be incapacitated by a total unleash of Cyclops powers, I submit that he can also survive it if he were to emanate prior absorbed energies as a buffer and absorbed whatever leaked through his defenses. This tactic in time's past wasn't employed A) beacause it didn't serve the purpose of the story B) because thewriter isn't as educated about the chaacters as i am and or C) because the writer isn't as clever as me.

As far as combat goes, I don't consider Cyclops a pushover in hand 2 hand but Bishop was a one man judge,jury and executioner in a world wrought with marauding bands of dangerous mutants. You try being a lone cop at a crip/blood war. Or the lone american soldier in middle east warzone. Bishop had two subordinate officers, but was also solo, He commanded fear in groups of outlaws and fought groups of outlaws routinely.

In the latest Cable issue. Cable the conssumate soldier is trying to figure how to escape Bishop permanently and he says and I quote:

"Bishop's always been a resourceful bastard. He comes from nothing and knows how to make the most out of nothing. God knows he's dug up to kill us now..""

Bishops, armament is diverse, his techniques are educated,in terms of Cyclops because not only did he train with him as a teammate he has studied him as an important historic figure,i'm sure he has studied his fighting/tactics style. He has also studied ,for the purpose of execution or arrest, mutants with powers near identical to Cyclops or villains with similar tactical compotence.

The ricochet attack from Cyclops is possible using reflective surfaces,like a laser. His eyebeams don't just bounce off of anything. If Cyke uses the sniper technique he and Bishop will shoot it out at eachother but Bishop has numerous weapons for numerous effects and if Cyke scores a hit it will more than likely amp Bishops' physical stats, making his durability greater to weather a more powerful blast. if Cyke does blanket attacks the result could be the same as the sniper technique. If he attempts to be unpredictable gunslinging and running in for close combat Bishop is willing and waiting in this case as well. All of these are in Bishop's resume as an XSE street captain.

Unlike Bishop, Cyclops does not get stronger when hit by a blast. Unlike Bishop Cyke doesn't normally keep a variety of ordinance. Unlike Bishop Cyclops has few option's for a win and because of that Bishop can more easily pinpoint Cyclops tactic of choice and utilize his many resources to win this.

I don't blame those who gave unfinished reasons for the Cyclops win, I blame uneducaeted and biased writing. Bishop on a natural level is 6'6" 250 so without powers he has weight and reach advantage. Techniques in hand to hand I give Bishop because he ha toutilize them more often not only relying on his long range attacks. Bishop can reach superhuman levels of strength, durability and recuperation, he is sly and resourceful and gives as good as he gets and better in firepower.

Bishop wins,

In the dessert he wins, in the forest he wins, in the snow he wins, in the city he definitely wins.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Darkchild

Gambler says:

"He survived cause Cyclops stopped. He even says its burning him up. Had Cyclops wanted to kill Bishop he would be dead right now."

yeah i know just felt i should contribute something so stfu lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sling Shot says:

"I give this to Bishop. Although Cyclops is written as the conssumate leader on most occasions his leadership is not infallible. And on the introduction of Bishop he displayed excellent ledership, tactically and by example taking on a small army of futuristic mutants as well as X-Men team gold. The nature of Cyclops powers play to Bishop's strengths.Though it is suggested that Bishop can be incapacitated by a total unleash of Cyclops powers, I submit that he can also survive it if he were to emanate prior absorbed energies as a buffer and absorbed whatever leaked through his defenses. This tactic in time's past wasn't employed A) beacause it didn't serve the purpose of the story B) because thewriter isn't as educated about the chaacters as i am and or C) because the writer isn't as clever as me. As far as combat goes, I don't consider Cyclops a pushover in hand 2 hand but Bishop was a one man judge,jury and executioner in a world wrought with marauding bands of dangerous mutants. You try being a lone cop at a crip/blood war. Or the lone american soldier in middle east warzone. Bishop had two subordinate officers, but was also solo, He commanded fear in groups of outlaws and fought groups of outlaws routinely. In the latest Cable issue. Cable the conssumate soldier is trying to figure how to escape Bishop permanently and he says and I quote: "Bishop's always been a resourceful bastard. He comes from nothing and knows how to make the most out of nothing. God knows he's dug up to kill us now.."" Bishops, armament is diverse, his techniques are educated,in terms of Cyclops because not only did he train with him as a teammate he has studied him as an important historic figure,i'm sure he has studied his fighting/tactics style. He has also studied ,for the purpose of execution or arrest, mutants with powers near identical to Cyclops or villains with similar tactical compotence. The ricochet attack from Cyclops is possible using reflective surfaces,like a laser. His eyebeams don't just bounce off of anything. If Cyke uses the sniper technique he and Bishop will shoot it out at eachother but Bishop has numerous weapons for numerous effects and if Cyke scores a hit it will more than likely amp Bishops' physical stats, making his durability greater to weather a more powerful blast. if Cyke does blanket attacks the result could be the same as the sniper technique. If he attempts to be unpredictable gunslinging and running in for close combat Bishop is willing and waiting in this case as well. All of these are in Bishop's resume as an XSE street captain. Unlike Bishop, Cyclops does not get stronger when hit by a blast. Unlike Bishop Cyke doesn't normally keep a variety of ordinance. Unlike Bishop Cyclops has few option's for a win and because of that Bishop can more easily pinpoint Cyclops tactic of choice and utilize his many resources to win this. I don't blame those who gave unfinished reasons for the Cyclops win, I blame uneducaeted and biased writing. Bishop on a natural level is 6'6" 250 so without powers he has weight and reach advantage. Techniques in hand to hand I give Bishop because he ha toutilize them more often not only relying on his long range attacks. Bishop can reach superhuman levels of strength, durability and recuperation, he is sly and resourceful and gives as good as he gets and better in firepower. Bishop wins, In the dessert he wins, in the forest he wins, in the snow he wins, in the city he definitely wins. "

Are you kidding me?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nice post. But the scans and prior Cyclops/Bishop confrontations would suggest your wrong.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Darkchild says:

"Gambler says:
"He survived cause Cyclops stopped. He even says its burning him up. Had Cyclops wanted to kill Bishop he would be dead right now."
yeah i know just felt i should contribute something so stfu lol"

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Darkchild

Sling Shot says:

"I give this to Bishop. Although Cyclops is written as the conssumate leader on most occasions his leadership is not infallible. And on the introduction of Bishop he displayed excellent ledership, tactically and by example taking on a small army of futuristic mutants as well as X-Men team gold.The nature of Cyclops powers play to Bishop's strengths.Though it is suggested that Bishop can be incapacitated by a total unleash of Cyclops powers, I submit that he can also survive it if he were to emanate prior absorbed energies as a buffer and absorbed whatever leaked through his defenses. This tactic in time's past wasn't employed A) beacause it didn't serve the purpose of the story B) because thewriter isn't as educated about the chaacters as i am and or C) because the writer isn't as clever as me.As far as combat goes, I don't consider Cyclops a pushover in hand 2 hand but Bishop was a one man judge,jury and executioner in a world wrought with marauding bands of dangerous mutants. You try being a lone cop at a crip/blood war. Or the lone american soldier in middle east warzone. Bishop had two subordinate officers, but was also solo, He commanded fear in groups of outlaws and fought groups of outlaws routinely.In the latest Cable issue. Cable the conssumate soldier is trying to figure how to escape Bishop permanently and he says and I quote:"Bishop's always been a resourceful bastard. He comes from nothing and knows how to make the most out of nothing. God knows he's dug up to kill us now..""Bishops, armament is diverse, his techniques are educated,in terms of Cyclops because not only did he train with him as a teammate he has studied him as an important historic figure,i'm sure he has studied his fighting/tactics style. He has also studied ,for the purpose of execution or arrest, mutants with powers near identical to Cyclops or villains with similar tactical compotence.The ricochet attack from Cyclops is possible using reflective surfaces,like a laser. His eyebeams don't just bounce off of anything. If Cyke uses the sniper technique he and Bishop will shoot it out at eachother but Bishop has numerous weapons for numerous effects and if Cyke scores a hit it will more than likely amp Bishops' physical stats, making his durability greater to weather a more powerful blast. if Cyke does blanket attacks the result could be the same as the sniper technique. If he attempts to be unpredictable gunslinging and running in for close combat Bishop is willing and waiting in this case as well. All of these are in Bishop's resume as an XSE street captain.Unlike Bishop, Cyclops does not get stronger when hit by a blast. Unlike Bishop Cyke doesn't normally keep a variety of ordinance. Unlike Bishop Cyclops has few option's for a win and because of that Bishop can more easily pinpoint Cyclops tactic of choice and utilize his many resources to win this.I don't blame those who gave unfinished reasons for the Cyclops win, I blame uneducaeted and biased writing. Bishop on a natural level is 6'6" 250 so without powers he has weight and reach advantage. Techniques in hand to hand I give Bishop because he ha toutilize them more often not only relying on his long range attacks. Bishop can reach superhuman levels of strength, durability and recuperation, he is sly and resourceful and gives as good as he gets and better in firepower.Bishop wins,In the dessert he wins, in the forest he wins, in the snow he wins, in the city he definitely wins."

stands up and claps

F@#K Yeah

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Unbelonger

Ace High says:

"See thats interesting cause I wanna know how its "burning him up inside" if Cyclop's blasts are concussive force? I mean Bishop before has been able to tap into city electrical grids and survive giant explosions harm free that would otherwise burn a normal person to death, and yet it doesn't even look like Cyclops is trying in these photos and Bishop is straining. Saying that I'd say the main reason he is straining so much is firstly for whatever reason he was caught off guard by Cyke's blast but secondly and most importantly due to the apparent huge destructive nature of the energy absorbed the main reason it was burning him up was because he couldn't discharge it safely without hurting the people around him as he was more concerned for their safety than his own. However, If it was a one on one battle and he absorbed that much energy I would think that he would try to discharge it as quickly and destructively as possible before it burnt him out completely."

Well then, I have a question; If he releases that energy, would it come exactly as it came in? is the very same energy or is it transformed?

zzzzzzzz

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ace High

See thats interesting cause I wanna know how its "burning him up inside" if Cyclop's blasts are concussive force? I mean Bishop before has been able to tap into city electrical grids and survive giant explosions harm free that would otherwise burn a normal person to death, and yet it doesn't even look like Cyclops is trying in these photos and Bishop is straining. Saying that I'd say the main reason he is straining so much is firstly for whatever reason he was caught off guard by Cyke's blast but secondly and most importantly due to the apparent huge destructive nature of the energy absorbed the main reason it was burning him up was because he couldn't discharge it safely without hurting the people around him as he was more concerned for their safety than his own. However, If it was a one on one battle and he absorbed that much energy I would think that he would try to discharge it as quickly and destructively as possible before it burnt him out completely.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I dont think we can use Bishop's first appearance as a measuring stick for his abilities now. He supposedly converts the energy he absorbs according to his page from the Marvel Handbook.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ace High

Well in Bishop's first appearances he discharged the energy in an identical fashion to how he recieved it, i.e Ice from iceman and electricity from storm. However, over the years it seems that he just turns the energy he absorbs into his own signiture beams. Good point though cause otherwise Cyclops would be immune to his own abilities :P

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Unbelonger says:

"Ace High says:
"See thats interesting cause I wanna know how its "burning him up inside" if Cyclop's blasts are concussive force? I mean Bishop before has been able to tap into city electrical grids and survive giant explosions harm free that would otherwise burn a normal person to death, and yet it doesn't even look like Cyclops is trying in these photos and Bishop is straining. Saying that I'd say the main reason he is straining so much is firstly for whatever reason he was caught off guard by Cyke's blast but secondly and most importantly due to the apparent huge destructive nature of the energy absorbed the main reason it was burning him up was because he couldn't discharge it safely without hurting the people around him as he was more concerned for their safety than his own. However, If it was a one on one battle and he absorbed that much energy I would think that he would try to discharge it as quickly and destructively as possible before it burnt him out completely."

Well then, I have a question; If he releases that energy, would it come exactly as it came in? is the very same energy or is it transformed?

zzzzzzzz"

Its transformed...I see what your getting at but it dosen't happen like that.

@Sling-Bravo homie.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Ghostshell

People keep bringing up that Bishop studied Cyclops as part of his history. That history was incomplete. Hell he didn't even know Cyclop's name. He was only known as the, "First". So this idea that he's studied Cyclops to the point where its a major advantage doesn't fly with me.
Post Edited:2008-05-19 22:33:54

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ace High

Well I think it depends on how quickly Cyclops can change the intensity of his eye beam. I mean in those photos it looks like Cyke has his shades completely off which would probably have vaporised a healthy portion of wherever they were standing which is why I am confused as to why the blast is so small and yet so damaging. I have never read Cyke being able to change the concetration of his beams merely the output with the smaller ones being less destructive but more accurate like in New Xmen when he breaks that guys leg (whose name I forget...one of Quinten Quire's group) or in Astonishing where he takes them off completely and vaporises buildings and or forests. But anyways if Bishop is about to discharge over an area and cyclops is in mid beam either he would have to rip of his visor completely or switch the dial to 11, whichever is faster. Otherwise he wouldn't be prepared from Bishops blast.

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Unbelonger

Ace High says:

"Well in Bishop's first appearances he discharged the energy in an identical fashion to how he recieved it, i.e Ice from iceman and electricity from storm. However, over the years it seems that he just turns the energy he absorbs into his own signiture beams. Good point though cause otherwise Cyclops would be immune to his own abilities :P"

Yeah, is what I was thinking. Still the way he releases this energy would be a bit of a factor as well; does he shoots a beam, explodes, a wave? Because i think cyclops could still cancel the release of such energy with a powerul enough blast.

zzzzzzzzzzz

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cyc doesn't need to switch any dials. Its all mind activated now

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Unbelonger

Gambler says:

"Cyc doesn't need to switch any dials. Its all mind activated now"

Thats fancy.

zzzzzzzz

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cable doesn't have all his powers and is carrying around a kid strapped to his chest. I think that may play into the fight a lil :P

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Tahdigga

I give it to the man that can absorb all forms of radiant or conductive energy and has a nuclear powered battle ready arm. I think with Bishop's known abilities and including this new bionic arm that incorporates a time-travel device and enhanced strength. Gives him the upper hand.

In Messiah Complex he fought Cable and he shoots Cable twice severely injuring him. I think Cable is a much better fighter than Cyclops.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sling Shot

Bishop was hyper charged with a concotion of energy from Iceman, Cyclops, Storm, Jubilee and maybe more. They were juicing him up for akilling stroke for Magneto. All those different mutants wouldn't be necessary if Cyke could overload him solo. Which is why I consider that picture post inconsistant writing also because my example preceedes it. The nature of Bishop's blasts have been identical to their source now it is undetermined the succinct nature of his blast, but they do damage.

@Vance Astro are yooooouuuuuu serious??? What kind of response is that to my very well informed and articulate post.

@Gambler post the pic of Bishop absorbing the Onslaught blast, or the post I mentioned above with all the different frequencies of power. Or Bishop in any number of scraps putting it down. Those couple of pics don't convince me against the evidence I posted. I've seen Bishop do to much to go for the stuff ya'll posted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sling Shot says:

@Gambler post the pic of Bishop absorbing the Onslaught blast, or the post I mentioned above with all the different frequencies of power. Or Bishop in any number of scraps putting it down. Those couple of pics don't convince me against the evidence I posted. I've seen Bishop do to much to go for the stuff ya'll posted."

When did he absorb Onslaughts blast? I thought he absorbed Ms. Invisible's blast and then shot Onslaught with it?

If you have the scan of the Iceman, Cyc, Jubilee, etc etc.. charging Bishop that would help. I've never seen that before. Not saying it didn't happen, just it would be nice to see.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock

Gambler says:

"Nice post. But the scans and prior Cyclops/Bishop confrontations would suggest your wrong."

Agreed. The scans show that Cyclops could easily overload Bishop, since he can't contain that much energy. Cyclops isn't afraid to kill anymore, so there's nothing stopping him from overloading him to the point where it would kill him. Even with that, Cyclops could easily tag Bishop if he wanted to. As for the tactical department, I don't see Bishop being a better tactician here. I've seen enough of both characters to know the outcome. I honestly don't like Bishop, but I have to admit that he would lose here.

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Unbelonger

Sling Shot says:

"Bishop was hyper charged with a concotion of energy from Iceman, Cyclops, Storm, Jubilee and maybe more. They were juicing him up for akilling stroke for Magneto. All those different mutants wouldn't be necessary if Cyke could overload him solo. Which is why I consider that picture post inconsistant writing also because my example preceedes it. The nature of Bishop's blasts have been identical to their source now it is undetermined the succinct nature of his blast, but they do damage. @Vance Astro are yooooouuuuuu serious??? What kind of response is that to my very well informed and articulate post. @Gambler post the pic of Bishop absorbing the Onslaught blast, or the post I mentioned above with all the different frequencies of power. Or Bishop in any number of scraps putting it down. Those couple of pics don't convince me against the evidence I posted. I've seen Bishop do to much to go for the stuff ya'll posted."

Come on Sling, don't fight the cyclops defenders on this one, i'll tell you why not.... because you're actually doing a good job.

:)

I still think Cylops wins, but need to think about it.

zzzzzzzzzzz