#1 Edited by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio

a very overrated character Batman vs a very underrated character Cyclops.
Who would win in:
1}  the nevada desert
2}  the streets of gotham.
no prep.
both bloodlusted.
both start 100 yard from eachother
Cyclops doesn't take off his visor.

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (38789 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're going to make Cyclops bloodlusted, it's basically mandatory to add "Cyclops will not remove his visor."  Otherwise, you'll get a sea of "CYLZPOCZ TAKES OFF VIZR N GOES BOOOOOOMZ!"
Staff
#3 Posted by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: You are so right
#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (38789 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, scenario 1 is a clear stomp in favor of Cyclops.  Scenario 2 is where the debate will be.  There's ample starting distance, and Batman has the homefield advantage, combined with plenty of cover.  So, stealth is certainly a factor.  Frankly, I can see either taking it that situation.
Staff
#5 Posted by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops in the comics misses sometimes. I find that strange.
His optic blasts should have lightspeed. So what he sees he hits.
This is the reason I call Cyclops a underrated hero.
He should be a lot better then in the comics and Batman should be lot worse then in the comics.

#6 Posted by Jake Fury (18317 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops in both rounds then he kisses Storm to piss off the fanboys!
#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (38789 posts) - - Show Bio

I've disputed why I don't believe the captions saying "at the speed of light" aren't to be taken literally.  Otherwise, Storm literally has reflexes as quick as lightening ;) 

Cyclops misses sometimes, but he still has plenty of feats that prove he's incredibly accurate.  If anyone underrates him, they simply haven't researched him enough.
Staff
#8 Posted by Tiamat (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Cyclops for sure.

Round 2: Batman at least has a chance here. If he can pull off the vanishing act and sneak up on Scott. However I don't see that happening too often. Why? For starters they are only 100 yards apart. If Cyke see's Bruce take off. Then he will be on high alert. Add in the fact that he is blood-lusted and say bye bye to portions of buildings. Cyke does not have to remove his Visor to lay waste to the streets of Gotham.

#9 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
Cyclops in both rounds then he kisses Storm to piss off the fanboys!

Yeah, same for me. Except for the Storm part.
#10 Posted by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio

In the early x-men comics he shot quicksilver. Who is quite fast.

#11 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9563 posts) - - Show Bio
@LordStoop: @k4tzm4n
I think his misses are due to somebody dodging his aim, not dodging the beam itself.

Cyclops takes round 1 for sure.
I need more info on round 2, because as it is now I just see Cyclops and Batman standing in an open street facing each other. In this context its not much different from the first round and Cyclops takes it easily
#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000
Plenty have dodged, but some have even deflected/blocked the blast.
Staff
#13 Posted by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2 is in the streets of Gotham. 
There is at least a block of houses between Bats and Cyke.
They can't see each other at the start of Round 2.
The houses are 10 stories high.

#14 Posted by k4tzm4n (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@LordStoop said:
Round 2 is in the streets of Gotham.  There is at least a block of houses between Bats and Cyke. They can't see each other at the start of Round 2. The houses are 10 stories high.

I think those conditions are enough to warrant Wayne's stealth advantage a large factor.
Staff
#15 Posted by Tiamat (2074 posts) - - Show Bio
@LordStoop said:
Round 2 is in the streets of Gotham.  There is at least a block of houses between Bats and Cyke. They can't see each other at the start of Round 2. The houses are 10 stories high.
Then Batman should be able to win Round 2. He is quite skilled in stealth and could very well sneak up on Cyke and one shot him. It be with a batarang, or some other device from his utility belt.
#16 Posted by k4tzm4n (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@LordStoop: 
No need to bump so soon. You're still pretty much at the top area of the first page.
Staff
#17 Posted by progenitor (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i'll with Cyclops here, his optic beams just give him too much of a tactical advantage.
#18 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9563 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n
Hmmm I think thats just bad writing then....I dont really think his beams move at light speed ( it would make sense though) but they should certainly move faster than most could react. 

@LordStoop
 With these conditions round two goes to Batman. His stealth gets him the win.
#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000
In a world where characters see bullets and can outrun cars, I'm not too concerned with reflexes being ample to counter Scott's ability.
Staff
#20 Posted by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio

both rounds are created to favor one side.
now lets put them in neutral terrain.
Round 3: an old graveyard at night. With a full moon. Some big crypts, but mostly just plain old tombstones. at the start of the round they see each other faintly. 
Nether has night vision goggles. Even brilliant Bruce W forgot to pack them.

#21 Posted by Tiamat (2074 posts) - - Show Bio
@LordStoop said:
Round 3: an old graveyard at night. With a full moon. Some big crypts, but mostly just plain old tombstones. at the start of the round they see each other faintly.  Nether has night vision goggles. Even brilliant Bruce W forgot to pack them.
Are they still blood-lusted?
#22 Posted by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tiamat: Yep that makes this graveyard even spookier.
#23 Posted by Tiamat (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Then Cyke takes the majority. As mentioned in a previous post. He still does not have to remove his Visor to dish out incredible damage. With his Visor on we've seen him lay waste to landscapes.

#24 Posted by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so too. I think Batman can only win in Round 2.

#25 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Cyclops
2. maybe Batman

#26 Posted by Kuzman123 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops FTW,even if it turns into a hand to hand fight,he can still hold his own agents batman.

one shoot from his visor and batman is out.

#27 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kuzman123 said:
Cyclops FTW,even if it turns into a hand to hand fight,he can still hold his own agents batman. one shoot from his visor and batman is out.
#28 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10238 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - Cyclops

Round 2 - Could go either way
#29 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - Cyclops curbstomps.

Round 2 - Batman.

#30 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops wins

#31 Posted by richiekhan (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops in both rounds.

Batman is great. But without prep, I don't think he can beat Cyclops.

#32 Posted by NYSMUSCLE (31 posts) - - Show Bio

batman cant beat anyone without prep other then his regular street villians that he fights all the time

#33 Posted by DeathByAnts (400 posts) - - Show Bio

I like everyone says Batman might be able to win in Gotham when he knows that city like the back of his hand.

1: Cyclops

2: Batman

#34 Posted by New_World_Order (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

The one with the badass costume...oh wait that's both of them *chuckles*