• 90 results
#1 Edited by stormlover1994 (906 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets put the greatest x-men leaders vs. the ultimate X-Men badasses, (Jean does NOT have the Phoenix powers)

In a jungle in salvage land, fighting for betrayal, battle to the death, no prep.

Let the fight begin!!!!!

PS:Since the topic of Cyclops vs Storm was so controvertial Ive decided to make this one with both of them in the same side

#2 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Cke and Storm.

#3 Posted by stormlover1994 (906 posts) - - Show Bio

I root for Cyclops and Storm, lets wait till Wolverine and Jean fans get here. This will be fun.

#4 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Cyclops and Storm, but I am tempted to say Wolverine and Jean Grey.

#5 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Team One

#6 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean will solo this one with just normal TK.

#7 Posted by stormlover1994 (906 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont have proof in my hands but someone here in comicvine sayed that Storm beat the Phoenix once, Why cant she beat plain Jean?

#8 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@stormlover1994 said:
" I dont have proof in my hands but someone here in comicvine sayed that Storm beat the Phoenix once, Why cant she beat plain Jean? "
Wait............are you talking about 616f?  Or Ultimates?  For some reason, I'm a bit lost. lol
#9 Posted by stormlover1994 (906 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know, the truth is that I dont often read comics, so I know the basic the only one I read completly was Worlds Apart. (here in Puerto Rico they dont have much comics)

But it has been said she beat the Phoenix but I dont know how,when or where. I just know that in one of Storm's toicps someone said that.

#10 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@stormlover1994 said:
" I dont know, the truth is that I dont often read comics, so I know the basic the only one I read completly was Worlds Apart. (here in Puerto Rico they dont have much comics)But it has been said she beat the Phoenix but I dont know how,when or where. I just know that in one of Storm's toicps someone said that. "
Yeah, I think that person was mistaken, or misquoting.

Scratch my previous post.  I thought you were talking about "Ultimate" versions (I misread your post)

Storm and Cyclops win. 
#11 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio
@stormlover1994 said:
" I dont have proof in my hands but someone here in comicvine sayed that Storm beat the Phoenix once, Why cant she beat plain Jean? "
Look, StormLover.  Don't be rooting for Ororo just coz you're a fan.  We all know that it'll take time for Storm's weather pattern to take effect once she conjures it up.  In the meantime, nothing is faster than the speed of thought.  So, Jean (who can mind-lift up to 50 tons, WITHOUT the Phoenix Force, btw), can do just about ANYTHING to Storm AND Cyclops....from sending them flying far far away to ripping them to shreds with 50 tons of ripping force to sending a truck onto their heads. 
#12 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@WindCloud said:
"
@stormlover1994 said:
Look, StormLover.  Don't be rooting for Ororo just coz you're a fan.  We all know that it'll take time for Storm's weather pattern to take effect once she conjures it up.  In the meantime, nothing is faster than the speed of thought.  So, Jean (who can mind-lift up to 50 tons, WITHOUT the Phoenix Force, btw), can do just about ANYTHING to Storm AND Cyclops....from sending them flying far far away to ripping them to shreds with 50 tons of ripping force to sending a truck onto their heads.  "
1. He said it was SOMEONE ELSE.  And I can remember some people saying stuff that was very similar to what was mentioned. 

2. I don't know what character you are thinking of, but Storm's powers work fast enough to deal with psychics

#13 Posted by stormlover1994 (906 posts) - - Show Bio
@WindCloud said:
"
@stormlover1994 said:
Look, StormLover.  Don't be rooting for Ororo just coz you're a fan.  We all know that it'll take time for Storm's weather pattern to take effect once she conjures it up.  In the meantime, nothing is faster than the speed of thought.  So, Jean (who can mind-lift up to 50 tons, WITHOUT the Phoenix Force, btw), can do just about ANYTHING to Storm AND Cyclops....from sending them flying far far away to ripping them to shreds with 50 tons of ripping force to sending a truck onto their heads.  "

Wait a minute pal, I know what im talking about, I am rotting for Storm & Cyclops because I know they can win.

Dude what you said about nothing faster than the speed of thought, well thats it, Storm's powers work by though she is so conected with her power that she does not have to concentrate, plus, rememmber that Jean and Wolvie are air breathers.(That will not help them against Storm,plus she has Cyclops with her)
#14 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@stormlover1994 said:
"
@WindCloud said:
"
@stormlover1994 said:
Wait a minute pal, I know what im talking about, I am rotting for Storm & Cyclops because I know they can win.Dude what you said about nothing faster than the speed of thought, well thats it, Storm's powers work by though she is so conected with her power that she does not have to concentrate, plus, rememmber that Jean and Wolvie are air breathers.(That will not help them against Storm,plus she has Cyclops with her) "
Stealing the air from Logan could be effective.  But against Jean, she would need to seriously attack her.  I say this because I haven't seen her knock a person out via wind snatching, but I have seen her stall/somewhat disable them.
#15 Posted by stormlover1994 (906 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:
"
@stormlover1994 said:
"
@WindCloud said:
"
@stormlover1994 said:
Wait a minute pal, I know what im talking about, I am rotting for Storm & Cyclops because I know they can win.Dude what you said about nothing faster than the speed of thought, well thats it, Storm's powers work by though she is so conected with her power that she does not have to concentrate, plus, rememmber that Jean and Wolvie are air breathers.(That will not help them against Storm,plus she has Cyclops with her) "
Stealing the air from Logan could be effective.  But against Jean, she would need to seriously attack her.  I say this because I haven't seen her knock a person out via wind snatching, but I have seen her stall/somewhat disable them. "

yeah what I meaned was that since Storm can do a lot of things at the same time, she could take her breath while atack her with lighting or something the thing is Sotmr has more chance to win, nut I want to see the other people arguments(that why I started this topic)
#16 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean would floor storm and wouldn't think twice about decking her husband either (the cheating sob) :)

#17 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

jean and logan, without any doubt. jean could control cyclops to take out storm cyclops could blast storm to the ground and from behind wolverine kill her with his claws. Then jean could moved cylops into a train. Job done 

#18 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
jean and logan, without any doubt. jean could control cyclops to take out storm cyclops could blast storm to the ... [more]

Or hit cyclops with a train lol sounds funnier :)
#19 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

true,

#20 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9728 posts) - - Show Bio

or storm could lightining bolt them and cyke could blast em in the first second of the fight

#21 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio
buttersdaman000 said:
or storm could lightining bolt them and cyke could blast em in the first second of the fight

Yeah and Jean's just gonna stand there and wait for Storm to blast her! Not.... she can deflect anything Storm throws at her by using a kenetic shield.  Then she would either blind her then rip her to pieces or make her believe she's in a confined space or send her into orbit.  The list goes on....... Wolverine wouldn't have to life a finger or claw what ever way you want to look at it :)
#22 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Noone "lifes" a finger. LMAO And Ororo thrashes these ***wipes so hard, its not funny. Ororo beat Jean while she was still reverted into a child. The grown ass Queen of Wakanda aint takin no prisoners.

#23 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9728 posts) - - Show Bio
loganreme said:
buttersdaman000 said: or storm could lightining bolt them and cyke could blast em in the first second of the fight ... [more]

no, but im pretty sure cyke and strom are gonna react quicker than logan and jean. storm can summon down lightning in a split second and all cyke has to do is open his eyes, and without the visor limiter the effects will be even more devasting. jean might be able to survive for a while, but logan is going down, and eventually with a two vs one fight jean will follow him down
#24 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed

#25 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio
geometry said:
Noone "lifes" a finger. LMAO And Ororo thrashes these ***wipes so hard, its not funny. Ororo beat Jean while she ... [more]

I meant to type "lift" a finger, merely an error as I was in a hurry to finish. lol :)
#26 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
loganreme said:
geometry said: Noone "lifes" a finger. LMAO And Ororo thrashes these ***wipes so hard, its not funny. Ororo beat Jean ... [more]
I was jus havin some fun at your expense. i knew what you meant. But team one still wins.
#27 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio
geometry said:
loganreme said: geometry said: Noone "lifes" a finger. LMAO And Ororo thrashes these ***wipes so hard, its not funny. Ororo ... [more]

lol cheeky! I am a fan of storm and I know there are only a few mutants she can't beat and Jean Grey is one of them :)
#28 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
loganreme said:
geometry said: loganreme said: geometry said: Noone "lifes" a finger. LMAO And Ororo thrashes these ***wipes so hard, its not ... [more]

It is entirely too early to be drinking.
#29 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio
geometry said:
loganreme said: geometry said: loganreme said: geometry said: Noone "lifes" a finger. LMAO And Ororo thrashes these ***wipes so hard, ... [more]

LMAO You should have your own tv show, you crack me up :)
#30 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of host do you think I would be? Jerry Sprnger or Steve Wilkos whatever his name is? (Why does he have his own show again?) Back on topic, Ororo wipes the floor with everyone.

#31 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Jerry springer with more jokes lol You have your opinion and I've got mine so lets agree to disagree. I'm logging off to let the rest of you debate (away to watch a dvd with my kids) over here its 8.30pm by the way and I'll have to continue this discussion tomorrow :)

#32 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

What does make people think jean would use only telekinesis against Storm and Cycp? If i am not wrong, many people said Emma could defeat Storm by sending fatal psi-bolt. Why Jean can't do same thing to Storm since she is more powerful than Emma?

#33 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
spekqj said:
What does make people think jean would use only telekinesis against Storm and Cycp? If i am not wrong, many people said Emma ... [more]
I shut them down, and I'm shutting this one down too.  It ain't happening. 
#34 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10487 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Cyclops for the win. Both Cyclops and Storm have strong minds and wills, and Storms electrical powers give her additional protection from telepaths as powerful as Jean ( even Prof X). She would need to use her TK to beat Storm and Cyke but that would be expected, and most likely countered. And Wolverine is vulnerable to the range of both Cyclops and Storm's attacks. His metal bones would also make his internal organs much more vulnerable to damage by electrical attacks too. I think Storm's best bet to beat Wolvie would be like what she did to Hulk or Clor, hitting him directly in the brain with an EMP.   

#35 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
spekqj said: What does make people think jean would use only telekinesis against Storm and Cycp? If i am not wrong, many people ... [more]
I'm interested. Elaborate-why wouldn't it work?
#36 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
White Mage said: spekqj said: What does make people think jean would use only telekinesis against Storm and Cycp? If i am not ... [more]
Because she has taken on more psi-blasts at ONCE than a Phoenix-less Jean Grey has dished out, and that is only if her unnatural lightning and wind abilities don't prevent the physical blasts from coming through anyways.
#37 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I know that storm is highly resistant to psychic attacks but, were talking about one of the most powerful Telepathic minds here i.e. Jean Grey.  I'm still not convinced that she could block her, that's why I'm torn between team 1 and 2.

#38 Posted by jeangreydonnatroy (65 posts) - - Show Bio

jean and logan

#39 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
Sparda said: White Mage said: spekqj said: What does make people think jean would use only telekinesis against Storm and Cycp? If i ... [more]
Psi-blasts are physical?

I think we were talking about psychic attacks (like, shutting down her mind or something or other).
#40 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Well jean has that Phoenix Force  so she wins easy :P

#41 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

jean grey solos uses scott to shoot storm. ...

#42 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
xan84 said:
It says she DOES NOT have Phoenix Force.  It's fair game.

Sparda said:
White Mage said: Sparda said: White Mage said: spekqj said: What does make people think jean would use only telekinesis against Storm and ... [more]
They travel, and Storm has scrambled them before.  JUST like she has countered telekinetic assaults with the wind.

#43 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio
xan84 said:
read the OP

Team One should take this unless Jean does something quickly. And I do not think she will be able to mindrape cyclop since he knows techniques for resisting telepaths, since he has been around them so long.

So Unless Jean can take them out right away. Team one wins. Also I recommend team one tries to take out Jean right away.

Wolverine does not do much in this fight. At best Jean can use him as a meatshield from Scott's optic blasts and Storm's lightning
#44 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
xan84 said: Well jean has that Phoenix Force  so she wins easy :P It says she DOES NOT have Phoenix ... [more]
Well, you are the Storm expert so I'll take your word for it (even though I think the notion of scrambling a psychic attack or telekinetic assaults using the wind is ridiculous).
#45 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought and looked at the psychic assaults as something that happens there and then, around their mind/head/brain/etc. Not an attack that had to travel like Cyclops optic blasts or Storms lightning...and depending on how the TK is used the same applies for it.

#46 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
White Mage said: xan84 said: Well jean has that Phoenix Force  so she wins easy :P It says she DOES ... [more]
I've said it like a million times in the past, but her powers are not normal.  So, I just remember the whole "energy patterns that govern weather" thing.  I can only explain so much.lol

But anywho, yeah, she can scramble telepathic assaults, and has countered several different powers with wind and lightning.
#47 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
Sparda said: White Mage said: xan84 said: Well jean has that Phoenix Force  so she wins easy :P It says ... [more]
Okay. I....didn't say that her powers were normal?

Well, I mean, it makes sense to negate psychic attacks if she was hitting/distracting/slowing down the person who was using them against her, but I find it very strange that she could resist something that attacks mentally and not physically.
#48 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
White Mage said: Sparda said: White Mage said: xan84 said: Well jean has that Phoenix Force  so she wins easy ... [more]
I know.  It's just that I was saying that you weren't the only person who was/gets somewhat confused/frustrated when it comes to her feats.
#49 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
Sparda said: White Mage said: Sparda said: White Mage said: xan84 said: Well jean has that Phoenix Force  so she ... [more]
Yes, it seems to be a widespread phenomenon, strangely O_o
#50 Posted by Winduizcool (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait. But I thought whatever Jean Grey thinks it happens. Couldn't Jean just disintergrate Cyclops and Storm.