• 82 results
#1 Posted by mikemaximum (795 posts) - - Show Bio

No powers, no weapons, strickly hand-to-hand combat. Fight takes place in an Octogon. Two rounds: morals on (fight until submission or KO) and morals off (fight to the death).

Who wins?

Cyclops' Glare
Open Contract
Fear Itself: Black Widow #1
#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ Storm's face in that picture.

#3 Posted by ClarkWayne (248 posts) - - Show Bio

I say....... Cyclops and Storm, just because it is 2 on 1

#4 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops and Storm due to numbers and either one of them alone could put up a decent fight against Widow (I think they'd ultimately loose 1 on 1 against Widow tho).

#5 Posted by Saren (25681 posts) - - Show Bio

*waits for someone to bring up the time the Dora Milaje KO'd Widow, and then the time Storm fought the Dora Milaje*

#6 Posted by acer51 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops beat the entire X-men in HtH, with the help of Storm he'll defiantly win.

#7 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: Cyclops beats Wolverine in H2H?

Anyway, team should take this. Also, best picture of Storm EVER!

#8 Posted by acer51 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde: Sort of he flipped him over with judo.

#9 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@acer51 said:

was that during a training session? anyway, that shouldnt count as a defeat, since logan is still conscious.
#10 Posted by Kovak (748 posts) - - Show Bio

I reckon Scott is ~ Natalia in h2h.

With help from Ororo, team wins.

#11 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

I severely doubt that... i'd even call that PIS, or just writer stupidity forgetting that Wolverine is too good with H2H.

#12 Posted by TAneT62 (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow wins.

#13 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10487 posts) - - Show Bio

Team for the win in both rounds. I also don't think either can take Black Widow 1-on-1 but fighting her together they would succeed. And though I normally love Jorge Molina's art, that pic of Storm is horrendous.

#14 Posted by Roddy010 (5250 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree Team wins due too numbers...

#15 Posted by livinghorror (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott is already an amazing h2h fighter and in a no powers fight the numbers game catches on... I say cyclops and storm

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (37898 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

@acer51 said:

I severely doubt that... i'd even call that PIS, or just writer stupidity forgetting that Wolverine is too good with H2H.

Not really PIS. IIRC it was when Logan was having issues with himself during that time period so he wasn't adept as he is today.

#17 Posted by leeray (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow

#18 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

black widow ( if given enough prep time ) can handle this

but it's 2vs1 in a battle with no prep... black widow just gets crushed

#19 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Team for the win in both rounds. I also don't think either can take Black Widow 1-on-1 but fighting her together they would succeed. And though I normally love Jorge Molina's art, that pic of Storm is horrendous.

#20 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow kinda sucks, so she will probably lose.

#21 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops and Storm, they are both experienced in h2h and I don't think she could take on both at the same time.

@Lady_Liberty said:

Black Widow kinda sucks, so she will probably lose.

Please elaborate

#22 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: No consistent history of good feats.

#23 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

She fought pretty well against Elektra, it's good enough for me lol

#24 Edited by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Find something good other then that. I'm not trying to be mean, it's really hard to find anything impressive other then that.
#25 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Find something good other then that. I'm not trying to be mean, it's really hard to find anything impressive other then that.

I'm not saying Widow wins, I'm just saying she's not a bad fighter. And Widow was injured at the time she fought Elektra, being able to stalemate someone like that can decently show she doesn't suck.

#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow's built up more through word of mouth and reputation other than actually having really impressive feats.

#27 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

I'm not saying Widow wins, I'm just saying she's not a bad fighter.

Remember that one time Daredevil was kinda crazy and he broke her ankle? Remember how she just sorta dropped after that happened? Good times.
#28 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Remember that one time Daredevil was kinda crazy and he broke her ankle? Remember how she just sorta dropped after that happened? Good times.

Daredevil is a superb fighter, superior to everyone in this match

#29 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

I know. But it wasn't a fight. She tried to kick him, he caught her foot, then he snapped her ankle. Then she just went down. She is one of the most inconsistently written characters on the street level.
#30 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

I know. But it wasn't a fight. She tried to kick him, he caught her foot, then he snapped her ankle. Then she just went down. She is one of the most inconsistently written characters on the street level.

Losing to Daredevil isn't a poor feat, and I'm just arguing that she isn't a bad fighter. Being able to stalemate Elektra while injured is a pretty good feat.

#31 Edited by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK: You're missing what I'm saying. She didn't lose because it wasn't a fight. She just dropped. And Elektra has stalemated Daredevil before, so she should have destroyed an injured Black Widow.
#32 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: But Daredevil has also quickly beaten Elektra before as well.

#33 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: Its really about what Widow is played up to be, compared to what she is.

She is meant to be a highly enhanced human. Either peak human, or very close to it.

She was trained from a early age in Martial Arts, firearms, and acrobatics. In theory she is a master of these skills.

She is said to have great tactical and strategic abilities.

She has high tech gear, and the connections to stay very well equipped at all times.

All that should make her a cool and impressive character. But all she does is look pretty, and lose fights. She doesn't always lose to things that should defeat her either. Like the ankle breaking thing, and many other showings.

She should be Cap-Light + Bats-Light = Awesome.

Instead shes Bad Showings + Inconsistency = Lame.

#34 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

When did that happen? 

@Lady_Liberty said:

@HBKTimHBK: Its really about what Widow is played up to be, compared to what she is.

She is meant to be a highly enhanced human. Either peak human, or very close to it.

She was trained from a early age in Martial Arts, firearms, and acrobatics. In theory she is a master of these skills.

She has high tech gear, and the connections to stay very well equipped at all times.

All that should make her a cool and impressive character. But all she does is look pretty, and lose fights. She doesn't always lose to things that should defeat her either. Like the ankle breaking thing, and many other showings.

This.
#35 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

That must be a bad writing issue.Wolverine is good at H2H.

#36 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

When did that happen?

Wasn't much of a fight here either, and Daredevil wasn't exactly himself in the "encounter" shall we call it with Black Widow, even you said he was kinda crazy. (And on the observant side, he sounds like he's speaking to a dog. "NO! YOU DON'T COME HERE! NO!")

@Lady_Liberty said:

This, lol

#37 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK: You're kidding me, right? Matt was completely sane there. He thought Elektra was there to fight, so he jumped the gun because for the first time in a very long time things were going his way again. Did you actually read that story? Elektra didn't fight back there. She had come to talk.
#38 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK: You're kidding me, right? Matt was completely sane there. He thought Elektra was there to fight, so he jumped the gun because for the first time in a very long time things were going his way again. Did you actually read that story? Elektra didn't fight back there. She had come to talk.

And I said it wasn't much of a fight there either, like how Black Widow vs Daredevil wasn't much of a fight. And I never said Daredevil wasn't sane in that picture.

#39 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: @HBKTimHBK: Elektra doesn't impress me much either.

#40 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

And I said it wasn't much of a fight there either, like how Black Widow vs Daredevil wasn't much of a fight. And I never said Daredevil wasn't sane in that picture.

No, it's completely different. Black Widow was actually trying to fight him. Elektra was not. And post the next page from that Daredevil comic. Go ahead.
#41 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

No, it's completely different. Black Widow was actually trying to fight him. Elektra was not. And post the next page from that Daredevil comic. Go ahead.

She doesn't seem like she's trying to go in for a fight, she kicked him after he made the first move. In both of these instances, with Black Widow and Elektra, neither were going in wanting to fight.

#42 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady_Liberty Have you read the Marjorie Liu run of Black Widow?
#43 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK: Elektra didn't even attempt to fight back.
#44 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

Black Widow had more of an incentive to fight then Elektra.

#45 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: No, does she have good showings in it?

#46 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Which matters?
#47 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady_Liberty Yes and no. Yes in that she leaks badassery all over the place, no in that it wouldn't really need it her in the battle forum. I've been on a Black Widow reading frenzy lately and that was by far my favorite story with her.
#48 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Which matters?

Elektra was dealing with a paranoid Matt

Black Widow was dealing with a Matt not in his right mind, who wanted a baby she was trying to protect

They both went into it not wanting to fight at all, and the only reason Widow fought is because Matt was screwed up and she had to keep hold of a baby that he wanted.

#49 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK: That still doesn't change that BW was dropped by one hit.
#50 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: And Elektra with Daredevil having better morals didn't fare much better