Who Wins?
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

Cyborg blasts Vixen for the win. Oh wait the jungle hmmm.........

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Phylos

im not to fresh on vixen, other than her powers, but i think she takes this. especially since this battle takes place in the jungle. although, cyborg could blast her, but im not sure if that'd be fast enough. what are vixens stats when it comes to speed, strength etc.?

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By velle37

Hard to choose, but Cyborg for now...
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By YoungGunna

I say Vixen ftw...in the jungle she going to have lots of animals abilities to draw on and I don't see cyborg tagging her in her domain... 
Heres some nice scans of her abilities if some weren't aware: 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

You know now that I think about it the jungle might not be that much of an advantage.
Cyborg might have some detection gear on his body.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By YoungGunna
@Dernman said:
You know now that I think about it the jungle might not be that much of an advantage. Cyborg might have some detection gear on his body.
Maybe so but I thought she could us the speed of a mongoose to get close and then spit some venom right on him or drop on him with the mass of a blue whale...
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aqua11500
@YoungGunna:  Mongoose? 

Hows a cheetah?
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YoungGunna
@Aqua11500 said:
@YoungGunna:  Mongoose?  Hows a cheetah?
Thanks for the correction, I meant the speed of a cheetah and the reflexes of a mongoose would help too...
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By nightwing91

My vote is for cyborg, as Cyborg is strong enough to uproot or demolish anything in the forest. So the fact that it is in the Forrest won't have much effect on the battle.

@Phylos: She draws on the earth's morphogenetic field, so she the strongest she has been shown is the strength and durability of Gorrilla Grodd, and speed wise it would be a cheetah. 

@YoungGunna: You mentioned her using the mas of a blue whale, but as far as I recall she's never gained the mass of an animal aside from her apparence in Justice League Unlimited, but if I'm wrong can you cite an issue number or series?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Saren

Is this the Vixen who could copy other people's abilities?

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By YoungGunna
@nightwing91 said:

My vote is for cyborg, as Cyborg is strong enough to uproot or demolish anything in the forest. So the fact that it is in the Forrest won't have much effect on the battle.

@Phylos: She draws on the earth's morphogenetic field, so she the strongest she has been shown is the strength and durability of Gorrilla Grodd, and speed wise it would be a cheetah. 

@YoungGunna: You mentioned her using the mas of a blue whale, but as far as I recall she's never gained the mass of an animal aside from her apparence in Justice League Unlimited, but if I'm wrong can you cite an issue number or series?

I don't remember her doing so but does that mean she can't cause that seems to be a property of a blue whale...Cyborg may be strong but Vixen almost killed Gorilla Grodd there first battle so thats not to big of a difference he isn't that strong...She can put together moves to easily tag him and he's not doing the same to her cause in the jungle is where she operates best and its not like she can only draw upon animals from the jungle she can extend it to basically anywhere in the world...If people paid attention to how diverse and "super powered" (and I use that term loosely) animals were, they would be pretty impressed. Electric powers of an eel, shapeshifting capabilities (theres a certain kind of octopus they just discovered recently that can do so), strength of an elephant (or porportionate strength of an ant), durability of a cockroach, venom of a snake, speed of a cheetah, diving speed of a peregrine falcon, reaction times of a (I dunno...pick something fast). And those are just off the top of my head. 
Heres a good article for some animals abilitieshttp://www.cracked.com/article_17612_6-most-badass-murder-weapons-in-animal-kingdom.html 
Her claws can easily harm him, she heals rapidly,and she has on occasions drawn pure energy from her totem and displayed this energy as a force field and energy claws  
I don't see Cyborg tagging her but Vixen should be able to easily do it to him...I still give Vixen a majority...
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Outside_85

Correct me if i am wrong, but Vixen doesn't need to have any animals nearby to borrow their powers? (Unlike Animal Man)

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By cyberninja

Vixen I guess. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Mercy_

@Outside_85 said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but Vixen doesn't need to have any animals nearby to borrow their powers? (Unlike Animal Man)

This is correct, unless something has changed since she got her animal powers back.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Saren

See, it all depends on whether there are animals or birds faster than Cyborg. If there are, Vixen gets above him and mimics a blue whale. Cyborg gets literally stomped.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By YoungGunna
@Outside_85 said:
Yea her totem extends her reach to the entire world...
Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Superskrull86

close one. but I have to say Vixen.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Outside_85

Hmm it will depend on what range they are at the beginning, Cyborgs sonic cannon/generator can throw people around or bring them to their knees, but it is not a guaranteed win (especially if Vixen takes on a deaf animal). Also, he has superhuman strength making him capable of lifting Mari even is she takes on the weight of a blue whale, though he probably cant lift the actual animal because of its size. 

Think Mari can take this, but she needs a pretty steep combination to pull it off, so Cyborg takes the majority.

Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

No
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By YoungGunna
@teamextrodinary15 said:
@CitizenBane said:
No
She would lose then because even though she would have his powers her skill and experience with them wouldn't be as great...
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nightwing91
@YoungGunna: She's never did it as that's not a facet of her power. She doesn't gain weight when assuming heavy animals such as a bull elephant, or a rhinoceros, or light animals such as birds. She just taps into Earth's morphogentic field, so it's unlikely she will assume that weight to crush cyborg, and given her small size, it's extremely likely Cyborg could evade, or even deflect her with his white noise canon even if she could.

The Forrest really isn't playing a huge factor in this fight actually as you make it out to be, as you have said she draws her strength from worldwide. It really isn't to much of an asset, as Cyborg with physical and his sonic canon is capable of clearing out the forest around him. In fact it could lead to her downfall,if she selects the wrong animal as some animals have more sensitive hearing compared to humans, and cyborg is capable of blasting a wide arc of sound over 140 decibels easily.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By YoungGunna
@nightwing91 said:

@YoungGunna: She's never did it as that's not a facet of her power. She doesn't gain weight when assuming heavy animals such as a bull elephant, or a rhinoceros, or light animals such as birds. She just taps into Earth's morphogentic field, so it's unlikely she will assume that weight to crush cyborg, and given her small size, it's extremely likely Cyborg could evade, or even deflect her with his white noise canon even if she could.   The Forrest really isn't playing a huge factor in this fight actually as you make it out to be, as you have said she draws her strength from worldwide. It really isn't to much of an asset, as Cyborg with physical and his sonic canon is capable of clearing out the forest around him. In fact it could lead to her downfall,if she selects the wrong animal as some animals have more sensitive hearing compared to humans, and cyborg is capable of blasting a wide arc of sound over 140 decibels easily.

I guess the first part of what you said is fair enough ... 
The only thing I really said the forest would do is help her evade all his attacks using the animals that move swiftly through the jungle as an advantage to get close quickly and with no morals she could literally slice him into pieces with her magically sharp claws.The strength advantage won't help to much because I don't see him being able to laying a finger on her she's faster, more agile, and I do remember her almost killing Gorilla Grodd despite him being clearly physically superior. Cyborgs best bet as you said if for him to get lucky and Vixen to use an animal's hearing which is highly unlikely and anyways she could just change it in a split second to an deaf animals to cancel his sonic canon out of the equation. When she gets close he has no counter to her claws and he not going to hit her cause she has multiple chooses of animals with the agility and reflexes to dance around all his attacks...
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nightwing91
@YoungGunna: That's true for the fact but that only seems to be able to work on people who can't attaack long range which Cyborg is capable of, or uprooting any tree and the forest using it as a weapon.  But getting close puts her at a closer range of cyborgs sound wave attacks,which she has no way of blocking, and it's not just getting lucky, he's caught deathstroke with this move, heavily effecting him while holding back.  She adapts to a deaf animal, he blast's her with a concentrated blast, able to KO beings such as Demonic Raven, with one blast. 

Now your assuming cyborg is a slow brute, which is untrue as he has increased reflexes and speed thanks to his cybernetics to a superhuman degree.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Cyborg has the advantage of range. At close range, Vixen might be stronger. But I doubt she'll get that close to him.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By YoungGunna
@nightwing91 said:

@YoungGunna: That's true for the fact but that only seems to be able to work on people who can't attaack long range which Cyborg is capable of, or uprooting any tree and the forest using it as a weapon.  But getting close puts her at a closer range of cyborgs sound wave attacks,which she has no way of blocking, and it's not just getting lucky, he's caught deathstroke with this move, heavily effecting him while holding back.  She adapts to a deaf animal, he blast's her with a concentrated blast, able to KO beings such as Demonic Raven, with one blast.   Now your assuming cyborg is a slow brute, which is untrue as he has increased reflexes and speed thanks to his cybernetics to a superhuman degree.

If she adapts to a deaf animal then that completely takes the sound wave attack out of the equation though and like I said he's not tagging her with the blast because she's to agile it doesn't matter how powerful the blast if what is it's worth if it can't hit it's target....Don't put words in my mouth I never called Cyborg a slow brute, the fact of the matter is Vixen can become is quicker and more agile than him....I'm yet to hear a counter he has for her claws which will slice through him like paper once she gets close...Your saying that cyborgs blasts give him an automatic win which is completely false cause he's not even going to be able to tag her with it so how does he win...I guess it depends on how far apart they start...
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nightwing91
@YoungGunna: She can adapt to the the hypersonics by doing that, that doesn't have any effect on the sonic cannon.  Now she will dodge for awhile, I have no doubt about that. But the sonic canon is a continuous blast, not individual laser blasts like she is used to.  I'm not putting words in your mouth, your implying that by assuming an animal she can infact be more agile then cyborg, which very well could be true, however he still has superhuman reflexes, coupled with the sonic canon and the high end super strength this is likely to stay a long range fight.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By YoungGunna
@nightwing91 said:

@YoungGunna: She can adapt to the the hypersonics by doing that, that doesn't have any effect on the sonic cannon.  Now she will dodge for awhile, I have no doubt about that. But the sonic canon is a continuous blast, not individual laser blasts like she is used to.  I'm not putting words in your mouth, your implying that by assuming an animal she can infact be more agile then cyborg, which very well could be true, however he still has superhuman reflexes, coupled with the sonic canon and the high end super strength this is likely to stay a long range fight.

But Vixen is very quick its not like she is going to just try an only avoid his blasts she going to get close, her animal speed and stealth in the forest could most defiantly get her within close vicinity....Once she gets close she's likely to slice that cannon right off  to begin with which would put him at a major disadvantage...But we have no idea how far apart they start though...
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmegaDynasty

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nightwing91
@YoungGunna: She's quick, but the fastest animal she has for land combat is a cheetah.She's going to find it very difficulty to even get close to cyborg.While land locked even with stealth in the jungle, I don't see her closing the distance over a long range, especially with Cyborgs morals off for this fight. 

But as you''ve mentioned we don't have a starting distance, which I think is incredibly important to know.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By YoungGunna
@nightwing91 said:
@YoungGunna: She's quick, but the fastest animal she has for land combat is a cheetah.She's going to find it very difficulty to even get close to cyborg.While land locked even with stealth in the jungle, I don't see her closing the distance over a long range, especially with Cyborgs morals off for this fight.   But as you''ve mentioned we don't have a starting distance, which I think is incredibly important to know.
I guess we can agree to disagree on the matter... 
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nightwing91
@YoungGunna: Fair enough, without the starting distance it's really impossible to say definitively who would win in this, I just felt the need to present a case for Cyborg, it's more then capable of going either way.
moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By moneyspider1

@nightwing91: Vixen definitely gains the weight or mass of a heavy animal like a whale or an elephant when she mimics them (if that is the ability she wants to mimic), it just LOOKS like she doesn't because she is able to maintain her feminine form. So when she's rushing toward you, and mimicking a certain animal or several anaimals at once, you literally have ZERO idea what she will hit you with. She doesn't telegraph the animal(s) she is mimicking (unlike Beast Boy).

In her first official appearance in 1981 as a guest-star in a Superman comic book, Vixen hit Superman with the weight of a bull elephant, and he commented that he had never been hit that hard before (or something to that effect), and in the panel you could clearly see that she was still looking like a slender woman while mimicking the weight of an elephant.

There was also an issue of Justice League of America (around the year 2006 or so) when Vixen used the combined speed of a peregrine falcon and the weight of a triceratops to rip a whole through Amazo... all while still looking like a slender woman.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#34  Edited By stormshadow_x

I'm betting on Vic 9 times out of 10 if we're talking current. I find Mari to be consistently street level without certain amps or PIS like her beetle powers taking a hit from a possessed supes. I also think vic has the ranged advantage as well as many weapons capable of hurting her.

Post Crisis could be closer since Vic IMO wasn't as powerful.