Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Morals On/In Character
  • (Stroke Is On Mirakuru, Has Armor, Swords, Guns, & Grenades)
  • (Cobb Has His Armor, Throwing Knives, Ninja Tools, Swords, Etc)
  • Random Encounter: At The Grandma Home House Retreat
  • Starting 20 Yards Away & Visible
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Solid fight. I'm going with Cobb.

People lowball Cobb based on the fact that Bruce stomped him in the maze, but people need to realize that was just a "F yeah" moment in the story. Bruce needed a win. Cobb previously snuck up on Wayne and KOed him. Cobb was the one to throw him into the maze in the first place.

Talon weapons are sharper and more durable then any thing Jason Todd was aware of, so I'd say that's enough for them to cut through Slades armor. Talons healing factors are superior to Mirakuru users as well, they heal broken bones instantly and and are pretty immune to gunfire. Talons might not be quite as strong, but not too far off, they were capable of breaking down a reinforced steel door in the Batcave.

Cobb wins, more experienced, better gear, faster healing.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Solid fight. I'm going with Cobb.

People lowball Cobb based on the fact that Bruce stomped him in the maze, but people need to realize that was just a "F yeah" moment in the story. Bruce needed a win. Cobb previously snuck up on Wayne and KOed him. Cobb was the one to throw him into the maze in the first place.

Talon weapons are sharper and more durable then any thing Jason Todd was aware of, so I'd say that's enough for them to cut through Slades armor. Talons healing factors are superior to Mirakuru users as well, they heal broken bones instantly and and are pretty immune to gunfire. Talons might not be quite as strong, but not too far off, they were capable of breaking down a reinforced steel door in the Batcave.

Cobb wins, more experienced, better gear, faster healing.

As impressive as it is for Cobb to have knocked Batman into the maze in the first place, Bruce wasn't exactly on guard at that moment, and without many solid combat feats to back it up, merely being capable of getting the drop on Batman doesn't really mean anything.

It's not just the fact that Batman beat Cobb while severely injured. It's the fact that, in addition to that, Cobb just doesn't have many showings at all. Just a lot of hype. He's the best Talon of all apparently, but just knowing where a few pressure points are beating up on half-dead Dick Grayson isn't enough to say he's anywhere even comparable to a top tier Arrow fighter. When they can regularly beat opponents physically outclassing them through skill and just have a much longer daisy chain of beating someone who beat someone who beat someone else, etc. Slade is simply a lot more established, to put it simply.

Billy Wintergreen was a lot more impressive than Cobb in terms of fighting skill and speed. He could catch and even chop in half arrows in midair with his sword fired from point blank range by a master archer. That's actually extremely, extremely impressive. And Slade beat him WITHOUT his superpowers.

Billy also beat Yao Fei, the Chinese military killing machine who was imprisoned in Purgatory by his country for being too much of a hardcore badass. He also beat Yao Fei's daughter, the woman talented enough to kill multiple armed mercenaries while handcuffed in only a couple seconds, while she was unloading on him with a machine gun. What did Wintergreen do? He was able to dodge all the bullets, close the gap, chop her gun in half and incapacitate her in like two moves.

In Fyers whole army, nobody could beat Wintergreen. The only person who could beat him, was Slade. After being captured by Fyers' army, Slade and Billy were tortured for over 200 days straight. Slade never broke, instead he eventually found a way to escape, but when he went to grab Billy, he found that Billy had long since given up and joined Fyers' army. Slade is a top tier badass, Cobb is a jobber.

And in this scenario, Slade actually has a large physical advantage to boot. If Oliver's arrows couldn't pierce Slade's suit, neither can Cobb's knives, and half a dozen Talons working together to EVENTUALLY knock down a single, small metal door, does not compare to Solomon Grundy singlehandedly smashing down a 10-foot tall reinforced titanium hangar in a couple seconds, or Roy tearing his fist through a bomb blast container. The latter couldn't even faze Slade with his strongest punch. So I don't see how Cobb could really even defeat Deathstroke, between his natural durability and armor.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Well to be fair the talons also tore that mech suit batman had which was meant to withstand the depths of the earth or whatever. Assuming Cobbs knives are similar and that we can accept all talons being identical stat wise.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto: Well to be fair the talons also tore that mech suit batman had which was meant to withstand the depths of the earth or whatever. Assuming Cobbs knives are similar and that we can accept all talons being identical stat wise.

But that was like a dozen Talons all at once, eventually managing to break it down after fighting against Batman for a long time. I suppose Cobb on his own could eventually break down Deathstroke's armor, but... to get him to the point of lethality, between all the armor, his durability and also healing factor, I'm pretty sure Slade would have won long before then.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

But that was like a dozen Talons all at once, eventually managing to break it down after fighting against Batman for a long time. I suppose Cobb on his own could eventually break down Deathstroke's armor, but... to get him to the point of lethality, between all the armor, his durability and also healing factor, I'm pretty sure Slade would have won long before then.

I was just commenting on the durability aspect not on who wins. And while it may have been multiple Talons I would think batman's mech suit would be a lot more durable than Slades armor considering what it was built for.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: denial much? Thea had him dead to rights, and Ollie begged her not to kill him. That's a loss dude.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: That's getting blindsided while Slade was busy having an actual fight with the show's protagonist. If Batman was in the middle of fighting Bane, Thea could do the same thing to him.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Sure, Thea would hit him.....to no effect. But let's say it drops Batman the same. He's then get up, run behind her, kapow her in the back of the head, and use a batrope to tie her up, all faster then she can blink. Slades not on Bruces level, mirakuru or not. Cobb losing to Bruce really has nothing to do with Slades inferior skills and stats.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Sure, Thea would hit him.....to no effect. But let's say it drops Batman the same. He's then get up, run behind her, kapow her in the back of the head, and use a batrope to tie her up, all faster then she can blink. Slades not on Bruces level, mirakuru or not. Cobb losing to Bruce really has nothing to do with Slades inferior skills and stats.

Wow. Batman must be pretty fast.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: deflecting bullets > deflecting arrows. Blitzing 12 guys > blitzing 4. Tanking a tank shell (stupid ass feat I know) >>> tanking small arms fire. Punching threw Bazooka proof glass >> punching through a garage door. 127 martial arts with twenty years experience >>> Slades inferior everything.

Batman would drop Slade faster then he dropped Cobb.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: deflecting bullets > deflecting arrows. Blitzing 12 guys > blitzing 4. Tanking a tank shell (stupid ass feat I know) >>> tanking small arms fire. Punching threw Bazooka proof glass >> punching through a garage door. 127 martial arts with twenty years experience >>> Slades inferior everything.

Please show me Batman doing any of that.

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By renamed040924

@nickzambuto said:
@allstarsuperman said:

Please show me Batman doing any of that.

Alright if I can just jump the gun, I checked the Batman Capabilities Website, and these were the only three instances I found of Batman doing anything similar to "deflecting bullets."

So I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume there's some other obscure scan out there that's closer to what you implied, but just looking at these three scans, I have to say you blatantly misled and over exaggerated while simultaneously mindlessly underestimating Deathstroke, just because everyone else does.

But telegraphing the aim of generic thugs who are standing right in front of you, and placing your big bulky gauntlet in the way to block, isn't particularly impossible by real-life standards... All Batman is doing is seeing where the guns are pointed and then placing his arm in the path. And when his gauntlets are so thick, it's not like that would require any particular precision either, like if he did it with a sword.

So are these the famous feats of Batman "punching and deflecting bullets out of the air with ease" that I'm always hearing about? Like with most things Batman, they seem to be overrated and overhyped. Batman isn't actually doing anything impressive, it's all just myths and rumors from the fanboys who think that Batman is capable of doing a lot more than the writers themselves actually do. This isn't even speed, it's telegraphing.

What's worse is that not only did you blatantly exaggerate what Batman did, but in the same sentence you had to downplay what Deathstroke did just to make it sound like Batman was better, when in reality, Slade's feat required a LOT more speed. First of all, Oliver's bow has nearly twice the draw weight of a real-life bow. That means his arrows aren't traveling at 300 FPS, they're traveling at nearly 600, greater than most shoulder-fired missiles and comparable to some bullets. Slade deflected three of them one by one in less than a second, all within mere feet of one another, fired by a master archer from only a couple meters away. This is not a feat to be underestimated. Slade had to react to multiple different arrows from different angles, meaning these are all deliberate movements, not just automatic reactions. In fact if you watch in slow motion, he isn't even deflecting them, he's actually cutting them all in half.

No Caption Provided

This is actual superhuman speed, the ability to casually move and react at nearly 600 FPS. This is more indicative of combat speed than any bullet timing feat (of which, Batman has approximately one. The same number that Oliver Queen does, whom Slade has curbstomped)

I also checked the Batman Capabilities Website for instances of Batman "punching through bazooka proof glass", and as I suspected, this tired old and disgustingly overrated feat is the only thing I found.

No Caption Provided

Okay now please forgive my harshness at this part, because I have a personal beef with this feat. Only because of the fact that people just OUTRIGHT FREAKING LIE ABOUT IT. LOOK AT THE SCAN. ACTUALLY READ THE PAGE.

BATMAN.

LITERALLY.

FAILED TO BREAK THE GLASS.

WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS SO HE BROKE BAZOOKA PROOF GLASS? IT'S LIKE THEY-THEY... *gasp!* it's like they never actually read the issue, have no idea of the context, and either just glanced the scan off a respect thread somewhere, or are just mindlessly repeating what they've heard mindlessly repeated by other Batman fanboys for years, without even caring that they don't actually know what they're talking about! (And this is not directed at AllStarSuperman, this is directed at anyone who has ever uttered the claim "Batman can easily punch through bazooka proof glass" and tried to pass it off as fact)

Let me say it again for emphasis: the feat is a lie. Batman did not break the glass.

What did he ACTUALLY do? Well it says that after "long minutes" of repeatedly bashing the glass in the exact same spot with everything he had, likely DOZENS of blows all eventually adding up to the damage and even flying kicks all concentrated on the one spot, Batman managed to form some spider web cracks...

Not to mention the fact that if you've actually seen the pages before this single, famous scan, Talia explains that Batman was trapped in Arkham Asylum's delousing chamber, while she stood behind the one-way window.

No Caption Provided

...One-way windows aren't bazooka proof! This isn't some special military fortress or even a custom-made chamber by the League of Assassins. Talia simply lured Bruce into Arkham Asylum's regular, delousing chamber, nothing special or different from the delousing chambers present in almost all other mental hospitals. Why would this room randomly have such amazingly strong glass? "Nothing short of a bazooka!" is OBVIOUSLY hyperbole, mental hospitals just are not equipped with equipment like that. Objectively, factually, it was just a one-way mirror. That makes it bullet resistant but... this is actually an example of Batman being portrayed as a much more realistic peak human, since he's struggling to break bullet resistant glass and pouring all of his will into it. But of course the fanboys turned it into an example of the exact opposite, of a writer making Batman look like some metahuman, and they were able to do this by spreading rumors and misinformation and relying on the fact that nobody else has ever actually read the book.

So yeah to put it simply, Batman is a peak human, Deathstroke is a metahuman. There end of story.

Although just to dig the nail even deeper into the coffin, I'm going to assume that glass really was bazooka proof... or rather, only a bazooka could succeed in putting a crack in it. There's a big difference between "bazooka proof" and "a bazooka can succesfully damage it." The bomb blast container that Roy punched through would much more accurately be described as "bazooka proof", since a single explosive arrow easily blew apart a reinforced steel door, yet TWO of them failed to scratch the container. The container which Roy effortlessly tore open with one, dainty, hesitant jab.

This means that Batman needs to punch and kick DOZENS of times in order to just come close to replicating the damage output that Roy possesses in a single strike. And when Roy used his STRONGEST punch on Slade, it didn't even faze him... So with that in mind, please, just tell me how Batman is actually going to even injure Deathstroke.

The other feats that you mentioned (blitzing 12 guys and tanking a tank shell) I have no idea what you could be talking about, but I ask that you please post them. I'm assuming that they are similarly exaggerated and out of context as the previous feats apparently were. I think it would be best if you just stopped needlessly underrating Arrow and Deathstroke simply because they're live action and everyone else does it, and admit that Deathstroke actually IS too powerful for Batman to handle, IF we go by feats and not head-canon, that is.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Man you're good at this.

Thank you. Who do you think wins this battle, Deathstroke or Talon?

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: You need to review the rule on language on this site. But about a year ago the rule changed, and now the F word isn't allowed even while censored.

Also in regards to the batman scan I don't think your reading it correctly. The point isn't that batman broke the glass, Talia states the glass was reinforced so nothing less than a bazooka would put A CRACKin it. Did batman not crack the glass? Likewise I'm pretty sure she reinforced the glass to be that strong as part of her trap. I don't think batman punching with the force of a missile is consistent but it happened.

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto: You need to review the rule on language on this site. But about a year ago the rule changed, and now the F word isn't allowed even while censored.

Also in regards to the batman scan I don't think your reading it correctly. The point isn't that batman broke the glass, Talia states the glass was reinforced so nothing less than a bazooka would put A CRACKin it. Did batman not crack the glass? Likewise I'm pretty sure she reinforced the glass to be that strong as part of her trap. I don't think batman punching with the force of a missile is consistent but it happened.

Sorry, I edited the post.

Now about the feat, the point is that there's a big difference between doing something in one punch, and doing it over the course of a few dozen blows. According to the narration, Batman was wailing on the glass, repeatedly, on the exact same spot, for "minutes."

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 said:

Sorry, I edited the post.

Now about the feat, the point is that there's a big difference between doing something in one punch, and doing it over the course of a few dozen blows. According to the narration, Batman was wailing on the glass, repeatedly, on the exact same spot, for "minutes."

Thats fair. I'm just saying in the scan Bruce did match the force of an RPG.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By renamed040924

@jashro44: He replicated the force of an RPG with the cumulative force of a DOZEN hits. That's the key. That is not impressive. If Roy can surpass that with one blow, then Batman stands no chance against Roy, and if Roy's strongest punch couldn't faze Slade outside of his armor, then Batman is REALLY out of his league against Deathstroke.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: He replicated the force of an RPG with the cumulative force of a DOZEN hits. That's the key. That is not impressive. If Roy can surpass that with one blow, then Batman stands no chance against Roy, and if Roy's strongest punch couldn't faze Slade outside of his armor, then Batman is REALLY out of his league against Deathstroke.

I don't want to debate this because as I said I don't think batman can consistently hit with the force of an RPG and I don't believe the feats of other mirakuru users should be interchangeable, plus on top of that I believe Roy punching the bomb container is an outlier as well. Basically I don't want to debate who's feat is better when it involves a bunch of stuff I don't consider to be reflective of the characters consistent abilities in the first place.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@nickzambuto: To be fair you wouldn't exactly be hitting harder than a bazooka but he's hitting dang hard even if he did take multiple hits.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By renamed040924

@nickzambuto: To be fair you wouldn't exactly be hitting harder than a bazooka but he's hitting dang hard even if he did take multiple hits.

Yeah sure I'm not saying that Batman is weak. He's hitting hard. He's just not hitting anywhere near hard enough to beat a metahuman like Deathstroke.

Avatar image for waynewilsonslade
waynewilsonslade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Talon.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cobb wins, the slade wank is real.

waynewilsonslade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: He's faster, and probably stronger and more skilled than CW Deathstroke. I haven't watched a lot of Arrow but I'm guessing his healing factor is better too.

I could be wrong though.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waynewilsonslade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By waynewilsonslade

@lukehero: He's genetically modified, no? So is Deathstroke, but I really haven't seen anything that suggests strength above Cobb.

I really could be wrong though.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke takes the cake and eats it, too, but saves a piece for Talon.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By renamed040924

@waynewilsonslade said:

@lukehero: He's faster, and probably stronger and more skilled than CW Deathstroke. I haven't watched a lot of Arrow but I'm guessing his healing factor is better too.

I could be wrong though.

What exactly makes Cobb faster when Deathstroke is faster than the eye can see.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: He's genetically modified, no? So is Deathstroke, but I really haven't seen anything that suggests strength above Cobb.

I really could be wrong though.

No, you're wrong...I can't think of any striking or lifting feats that would make Cobb superior in strength to CW Deathstroke.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oboy.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

waynewilsonslade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: But are there any depicting vice-versa?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By renamed040924

@waynewilsonslade said:

@lukehero: But are there any depicting vice-versa?

Being equal or superior to the characters who can throw cop cars and rip apart a reinforced bomb blast container with their bare hands isn't enough? What about punching straight through a man's chest by accident and launching people 30 feet in the air with basic kicks?

And I'm still wondering why you think Cobb is faster than Deathstroke when Deathstroke is faster than the human eye can see? That is a level or two above the Bat Family and Talons.

waynewilsonslade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waynewilsonslade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh snap...nicka I already made this fight...

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I already linked this one in the recent one nicka.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mickey-mouse
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers