CV Most Powerful Hero Tourny Rd. 2 - Silver Surfer v. Martian Manhunter

• 59 results
EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Poll CV Most Powerful Hero Tourny Rd. 2 - Silver Surfer v. Martian Manhunter (76 votes)

Silver Surfer (1) 67%
Martian Manhunter (2) 33%

Round 2

READ

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/update-most-powerful-hero-battle-tournament-bracke-1601475/#11

Visit the above link for full tournament bracket and context on this battle, as well as links to all other battles.

Rules

- Both Characters are standard. Normal abilities are accessible.

- Victory by any means

- Pre-52 MMH

- No prep time

- They see each other

If you'd like to be tagged for future matches let me know.

@comicdude360@sophia89@greatcaesarsghost@dondave@those_eyes@aros001@juxtmako@jacthripper@nighthunder@uugieboogie@jmarshmallow@hulkman123@idude

• 
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#51 frozen  Moderator

@nighthunder: That's the same storyline in which Surfer is mind-controlled too IIRC.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sacredweapons said:

@nighthunder said:

@lvenger: Moondragon with the mind gem is at-least on MMH's level from what I've heard. Of course I don't have the sufficient knowledge on moondragon or MMH, however, considering they she was able to knock out Pro.X, I doubt MMH's first assault will be enough to put Surfer down.

She is not on MMH level but maybe substantially lower. We are talking about the guy who walked into hal jordan spectres mind with no effort than grabbed everyother member of the justice leauge and put them through a mental hell. And made the spirit of vengance feel ashamed.

Being on a high status or being on the justice league or even having a immense level of power does not grant resistance to telepathy. Moondragon regularly may not be on MMH's level, but with the mind gem she's atleast on par.

The high status and justice leauge part i can understand. But the fact that he mind controlled Spectre one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse is something. Spectre himself could probably take Galactus so im pretty sure someone who can walk into Spectre's mind uninvited can mind control the herald of Galactus.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By frozen  Moderator

J'onn wins.

I expect Surfer to win the poll based on popularity though.

Aenvus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@frozen said:

@nighthunder: That's the same storyline in which Surfer is mind-controlled too IIRC.

By who..?

@nighthunder said:

@sacredweapons said:

@nighthunder said:

@lvenger: Moondragon with the mind gem is at-least on MMH's level from what I've heard. Of course I don't have the sufficient knowledge on moondragon or MMH, however, considering they she was able to knock out Pro.X, I doubt MMH's first assault will be enough to put Surfer down.

She is not on MMH level but maybe substantially lower. We are talking about the guy who walked into hal jordan spectres mind with no effort than grabbed everyother member of the justice leauge and put them through a mental hell. And made the spirit of vengance feel ashamed.

Being on a high status or being on the justice league or even having a immense level of power does not grant resistance to telepathy. Moondragon regularly may not be on MMH's level, but with the mind gem she's atleast on par.

The high status and justice leauge part i can understand. But the fact that he mind controlled Spectre one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse is something. Spectre himself could probably take Galactus so im pretty sure someone who can walk into Spectre's mind uninvited can mind control the herald of Galactus.

Has spectre demonstrated telepathy resistance

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@nighthunder: In regards to the first one, Moondragon's TP works in a different way to J'onn's. If someone can question what Moondragon is asking them to do, then they can resist the effects of Moondragon's TP I believe. In contrast, MMH can flat out mind whammy anyone, even those who don't want to do what he says. And who are the beings in the second scan?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn

TopTierGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: what makes you think that telepathy works differently for these characters? That's pure conjecture

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger: what makes you think that telepathy works differently for these characters? That's pure conjecture

No it's not conjecture at all. Moondragon's telepathy has been EXPLICITLY stated on several occasions to only work on mind controlling her targets if they continue to agree with her suggestions. Once they break the illusion, she loses control over them. In contrast, MMH can mind control and mind wipe anyone he pleases, even if they don't want to be telepathically probed by him. He's done it countless times before and in any case more times than Moondragon has. Hence, this counts as evidence to me that MMH's TP could take Surfer down. Having said this, without TP, Surfer would win a majority.