• 116 results
Avatar image for hacker_the_slacker
Hacker_the_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Current Thor doesn't have the 60 second rule on him anymore so can he beat Magneto or no?

Battle to the death

Blood lust

They are at full power

Location in Afghanistan were there are not many metals.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

By Full-powered you mean RKT / Odin-Force Thor?

If so, Thor Stomps

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bigcimmerian

Thor is even without Mjolnir the strongest being on the planet, he wins.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SUNMAN

Thor wins, but lets not pretend Magneto doesn't make him work for it

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mr_Winchester

Without the Hammer Thor cannot fly, control weather and shoot lightning. So he is essentialy fighting with Super Strength and Durability?? I'm not too sure on Thor's can and cant's with the Hammer...

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By agent9149

@BigCimmerian said:

He can't fly, he can't shoot lightning, all he can do is wrestle with super strength, something other beings like hercules and hulk can do way better than him

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

If so, Thor Stomps

when one says full powered thor they mean current thor at his healthiest and readiness, unless stated otherwise we also use the current verision

i wanna say magneto but i really don't know

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Agent9149 said:

@BigCimmerian said:

He can't fly, he can't shoot lightning, all he can do is wrestle with super strength, something other beings like hercules and hulk can do way better than him

If so, Thor Stomps

when one says full powered thor they mean current thor at his healthiest and readiness, unless stated otherwise we also use the current verision

Umm he actually can fly, control weather and lightning even without hammer. He can fly in the same manner as Storm by manipoulating the winds around him. I have scans to show you if you want.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BigCimmerian:

I didn't know about the Thunder and lightning control, but I couldn't imagine him falling from the sky every time he threw his hammer.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By renamed040924

Exactly what can Magneto do to him? Not to disrespect the master of magnet but I really don't know.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SUNMAN

wait how did I miss Thor doesn't have his hammer in this fight. LOL Magneto totally wins this. Thor can't fly or use any of his special abilities without his hammer.

Magneto can just keep his distance.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By nefarious

THOR.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MagnificentStorm

@BigCimmerian said:

@Agent9149 said:

@BigCimmerian said:

If so, Thor Stomps

Umm he actually can fly, control weather and lightning even without hammer. He can fly in the same manner as Storm by manipoulating the winds around him. I have scans to show you if you want.

Yea he can but not at the extent with the hammer. The hammer is what makes him Thor with out it he's just that super strong guy who can kinda control the weather.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JonSmith

Thor. Even without Mjolnir, Thor can still project energy of sufficient levels to do some serious damage. Not sure if he requires Mjolnir to use his Gaia powers, since that is supposed to come from him. Same with his godblast. I think that solely comes through him, and he just directs that through Mjolnir. Mjolnir is just a tool. Thor is a god. He may rely on it more than he should, but that doesn't mean he needs it to beat a mere mutant.

Of course, my argument is very shakey, and reliant on ideas I'm by no means certain on. But with Thor's durability, I doubt Magneto will be hurting him. And if nothing else, Thor could just remind people why he's the God of Thunder with a thunderclap. Not a typical move for him (in fact I don't think he's ever used it), but with his strength, an argument could be made for it's effectiveness.

Avatar image for onedoesnotsimplywalkintomordor
OneDoesNotSimplyWalkIntoMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One does not simply win without Mjolnir.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bigcimmerian

@SUNMAN said:

wait how did I miss Thor doesn't have his hammer in this fight. LOL Magneto totally wins this. Thor can't fly or use any of his special abilities without his hammer.

HE CAN USE NEARLY EVERY SPECIAL ABILITY WITHOUT HIS HAMMER AND YES HE CAN FLY

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By greenteaforme

"Current Thor" loses to everyone. One optic blast put him down. knocked on his ass by Rachel Grey, knocked the hell out by Emma Frost physically, knocked out by Captain Mar-Vell...

Current Thor, as it stands, loses.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LordOfFate

@BigCimmerian said:

@Agent9149 said:

@BigCimmerian said:

If so, Thor Stomps

While I know he can hover without Mjolnir, I never know he could fly like Storm. Can you post those scan please sir.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SUNMAN

@BigCimmerian said:

@SUNMAN said:

sorry but Thor isn't taking down Mags without his hammer.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bigcimmerian

@SUNMAN said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@SUNMAN said:

What can Magneto do to him? Thor is durable enough to withstand Magneto's best attacks and then Thor can just blast him with lightning, or he can remove oxygen from his lungs, or he can godblast him

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SUNMAN said:

There is literally nothing Mags can do to even hurt Thor. Thor on the other hand...

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By whydama

Mags gathers some iron and wraps it around Thor's arms like a wristband. Then, he polarizes the Iron into same poles. Thor is quite strong, but is he strong enough to overcome one of the fundamental forces of physics?

So, its a Thor vs physics debate

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whydama said:

Thor is quite strong, but is he strong enough to overcome one of the fundamental forces of physics?

Yes.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Killemall

@BigCimmerian said:

He cannot fly, something Stan Lee specifically stated and there is a whole issue dealing with the same thing.

Other abilities (excluding godblast) should still work though.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SUNMAN

Look not taking anything away from Thor here. If you give him his hammer I'd give him the win, but this Magneto we are talking about. This isn't movie Magneto or cartoon Magneto, this is comic 616 team wrecker Magneto. I mean you guys are acting like this man is chop liver.

Thor is still dangerous without his hammer, but he is not nearly as deadly or versatile without mjolnir nor does he have the range and speed in terms of attacks he normally would with his hammer.

You know how much harder it would be for Thor to get through Magneto's shields without his hammer? Magneto has one of the most powerful energy shields/barriers on Marvel earth, he's definitely got the tactical advantage in this fight now.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigcimmerian

@SUNMAN said:

Look not taking anything away from Thor here. If you give him his hammer I'd give him the win, but this Magneto we are talking about. This isn't movie Magneto or cartoon Magneto, this is comic 616 team wrecker Magneto. I mean you guys are acting like this man is chop liver.

Thor is still dangerous without his hammer, but he is not nearly as deadly or versatile without mjolnir nor does he have the range and speed in terms of attacks he normally would with his hammer.

You know how much harder it would be for Thor to get through Magneto's shields without his hammer? Magneto has one of the most powerful energy shields/barriers on Marvel earth, he's definitely got the tactical advantage in this fight now.

You still didn't explain how Magneto can breath without oxygen.

Captain_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Captain_Picard
No Caption Provided

Objection! Magneto can in fact recycle his own supply of oxygen with the use of electromagnetism.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By xxxddd

@BigCimmerian said:

Thor can just remove oxygen from his lungs

When has thor removed oxygen from someone's lungs?

@BigCimmerian said:

Thor can just godblast him

The godblast is an inherent ability of Thor's, but he can only do it with mjolnir. Mjolnir channels Thor's life force.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bigcimmerian

@xxxddd said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Thor can just remove oxygen from his lungs

When has thor removed oxygen from someone's lungs?

@BigCimmerian said:

Thor can just godblast him

The godblast is an inherent ability of Thor's, but he can only do it with mjolnir. Mjolnir channels Thor's life force.

I've never seen Thor remove oxygen from somenone's lungs, but I've seen him remove oxygen from the air to extinguish fire. You are right that Mjolnir channels Thor's life force, but it only channels at specific target, without Mjolnir Thor can unleash godblast all around him.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheGodofThunder

It's freaking ridiculous people think Thor couldn't take magneto without the hammer. If that's the case, they should just do away with thor and make the mighty mjolnir for Marvel Now!. Thor still has weather control abilities without mjolnir and this has been stated several times over many years. He wouldn't even need the weather though if he is bloodlusted. He has cracked the armor of celestials and slammed mjolnir so hard that whole planets shook and mountain ranges crumbled. Well thats not the hammer giving him that strength. I'm pretty sure mags forcefeild isn't going to do much here.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By robertloucksjr

Thor without Mjolnir is Hercules with weather control, Gaia earth control, undirected God Blast, I still like Thor to take 8.5 /10.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SUNMAN

@BigCimmerian

said:

@SUNMAN said:

You still didn't explain how Magneto can breath without oxygen.

No Caption Provided

:)

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By acer51

@SUNMAN said:

I'd agree if there was more metal around but the OP said there wasn't much around.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SUNMAN

@acer51 said:

@SUNMAN said:

I'd agree if there was more metal around but the OP said there wasn't much around.

Is this comic Magneto or movie Magneto?

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By acer51

@SUNMAN said:

@acer51 said:

@SUNMAN said:

Is this comic Magneto or movie Magneto?

Op wasn't specific, so we'd assume comic Magneto.

He does have force fields, blasts and even flight he's got those things going for him without alot of metal.

But Thors punchs literally crumble valleys, I can show you scans if you want me too.

If he wasn't blood lusted it would be a better battle due to Thor being merciful and Jobbing.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LordOfFate

Magneto FTW

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pooty

@acer51:@robertloucksjr: @TheGodofThunder: @BigCimmerian: @venomoushatred1001: @SUNMAN:

Can take Thors hits
Can take Thors hits
Negates gravity. would leave thor helpless
Strong enough to repel herc

Can't mags reverse the flow of blood in thor's body or use Thor's helmet to crush his skull? What is weather going to do against Mags force field?

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@pooty: well he hurt the chaos king with a bolt of lightning. i'd say he'd do that.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pooty

@TheGodofThunder: If i remember correctly that didn't hurt the Chaos King. CK didn't scream or fall or anything( i think i could be remembering wrong. But magneto has tanked Thor's lightning before and his shields have tanked nukes.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@pooty: well dang. you have scans. You are swaying me to say this is a longer battle than I originally thought. Even if it didn't hurt CK, he still killed glory.

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ripcurl

Magneto deserves respect, but he definitely loses here.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pooty

@TheGodofThunder: No i don't have scans. I'm not even sure i'm remembering it right about Chaos King(i'm pretty sure tho). lol. he did kill Glory but Glory had no defenses like a shield. On the a previous pages i showed Mags taking hits from Mjolnir and She-hulk with no effect. He blasted herc away who is close to Thor in strength. The scans show Mags controlling peoples blood so they cant move. Mags can negate gravity. if you want scans of any of those things let me know.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheGodofThunder
No Caption Provided

@pooty: I think it at least tickled him, lol. Glory may not have sheilds, but I would put god/abstract being above mags. I hate to have to say this because it is stupid, but thor always holds back against mortals and she hulk isnt as strong as him anyways. Don't know what to say about herc though. Thor has survived many things that a human can't so not even sure if stopping blood flow would do anything and thor doesn't need to move to summon the storm. Not saying it wouldn't be an amazing and hard fought battle, but I just don't see a bloodlusted thor losing. Thor does have one major disadvantage though. He doesn't need mjolnir to use his jobbing powers either, lol.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Magethor

Thor needs a team.

Only way to make it fair.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pooty

@TheGodofThunder: I think it at least tickled him, lol

I can agree with that.

but I would put god/abstract being above mags

Glory has no feats and all god abstract beings are not created equal. One attack killed Glory. I don't think that attack would kill Odin or a Celestial. i really have no idea how strong Glory is

but thor always holds back against mortal. but I just don't see a bloodlusted thor losing

I know of 2 times Thor was blood lusted. In "Blood and Thunder" and against Maestro Hulk. Even blood lusted thor didn't use god blast or storms of 1,000 worlds or anti-matter against his foes. So I see no reason a blood lusted Thor would use those attacks against a mortal. Thor seems to reserve those attacks for Universal threats. Even if he wanted to i think Mags could distract him long enough so Thor couldn't pull them off.

Thor has survived many things that a human can't so not even sure if stopping blood flow would do anything

Very true but Thor still is a humanoid. He has to breathe, sleep and eat. he has been Ko'ed, killed and hurt before. so his body is based off of human physiology. His heart has to beat and his veins have to carry blood. magneto can stop all that. If Thor was powered by magic like Juggernaut is then I could see your point. But thor has the same weaknesses as a human just at a higher thresh hold.

Nevertheless, i understand your points. A Mjolnir-less Thor is still a threat.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@pooty:

Glory has no feats and all god abstract beings are not created equal. One attack killed Glory. I don't think that attack would kill Odin or a Celestial. i really have no idea how strong Glory is

I'm pretty sure most would agree that glory is above a mortal. I didn't get to read the issue but the one attack could be explained away because it was only a two issue mini/PIS.

I know of 2 times Thor was blood lusted. In "Blood and Thunder" and against Maestro Hulk. Even blood lusted thor didn't use god blast or storms of 1,000 worlds or anti-matter against his foes. So I see no reason a blood lusted Thor would use those attacks against a mortal. Thor seems to reserve those attacks for Universal threats. Even if he wanted to i think Mags could distract him long enough so Thor couldn't pull them off.

I'm not saying he's going to use a god blast or a storm of 1,000 worlds or anti-matter which he never uses anymore, but I do believe he'd use the lightning. The thing is both of them are bloodlusted. Because he is in this state I don't think mags would put his force field up immediately if at all. Thor has demonstrated speed enough to take a bloodlusted magneto (a magneto that isn't thinking clearly) down before he can put a force field up.

Very true but Thor still is a humanoid. He has to breathe, sleep and eat. he has been Ko'ed, killed and hurt before. so his body is based off of human physiology. His heart has to beat and his veins have to carry blood. magneto can stop all that. If Thor was powered by magic like Juggernaut is then I could see your point. But thor has the same weaknesses as a human just at a higher thresh hold.

Humanoid =/= human. Thor does not need to breathe since he has been shown in space without a helmet recently (see mighty thor #5 I believe). I'm almost positive he doesn't NEED to eat except a golden apple once in awhile to replenish his supposed immortality, even though he has died before, lol. He has been petrified by the gargoyle before and lived. So the idea that he has the same weaknesses as a human, but at a higher threshold is still a subject for debate.

Magneto is still a beast though. They should've had those two battle in AvX:versus instead.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pooty

@TheGodofThunder: You're right Thor can breathe in space now. I remember The avengers were on the oxygen side of the moon and he had to "fill his lungs with air" before he took off. Also Mags is very quick with his shield. He was able to stop Pulsar(in light form) from attacking him and we know light travels faster then lightning. So Mags reflexes are top notch. Thor with Mjolnir beats Mags as he has before. Without mjolnir, i'm not so sure.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bo88gdan

Magneto would win

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By acer51

@pooty said:

@acer51:@robertloucksjr: @TheGodofThunder: @BigCimmerian: @venomoushatred1001: @SUNMAN:

Can take Thors hits
Can take Thors hits

Can't mags reverse the flow of blood in thor's body or use Thor's helmet to crush his skull? What is weather going to do against Mags force field?

Thatweird version of Thor.

But you did prove he can knock Thor back witha trong blast, and he could negate gravity ut that wouldn't make Thor helpless.