Current Surfer vs Current Thanos. READ OP

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Omniscience

From the past Thanos has quite deliberately been put on a level beyond Surfer, even if it takes PIS to do this. Yes I am talking about Surfer being beat to death despite intangibility being part of his power set. But I suspect that if Current Surfer were to employ his full power and overkill pool of abitities, then the odds should be evened up.

Let's put this to the test.

Surfer has one hour prep.

Thanos before his most recent nerf in power.

Thanos has no knowledge of surfer coming.

Surfer is bloodlust and willing to use any and all his abilities, Thanos has regular morals.

Fight takes place in the Asteriod Belt.

Win by KO at least.

Can Surfer do it?

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FiMFTW

@Omniscience said:

So it's not current Thanos, then?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Killemall

His most recent incarnation before Bendis would be Thanos Imperative, really , really dont see what Surfer can do.

BTW, Thanos has normal morals :p that really, really doesnt help Surfer :p

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Omniscience

But have we seen surfer using his full abilities against Thanos? And he also has one hour prep, lest we forget.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Killemall

@Omniscience said:

But have we seen surfer using his full abilities against Thanos? And he also has one hour prep, lest we forget.

Surfer is not known for prep, but we have actually seen Thanos deal with most of the abilities Surfer has on disposal, including matter manipulation, super speed, telepathy. The only thing which could be argued is Surfer being able to somehow trap Thanos in his board, which might work but then Thanos has unbound teleportation hard to argue against it.

Also Thanos apart from superspeed (although he has enhanced reflexes, to what extent only god knows) has most of abilities Surfer has, but is packing much more firepower as well as tremendous durability to energy attack.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pooty

@Omniscience said:

What abilities does Surfer have that will be useful against Thanos? Even if he goes intangible, can he hurt Thanos? That may stop SS from getting killed but how does it help him beat Thanos?

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Omniscience

@Killemall: From what I gather, when Thanos and Galactus had to deal with The Hunger, Thanos fled the planet before it was destroyed. Galactus at base tanked it but Thanos sort of knew his limits. I don't underestimate Thanos' ability to endure energy based attacks but I do question his blunt force durability. This is why the fight is in the asteroid belt because Surfer would have planetoid sized play things to blow up on Thanos.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Omniscience

@pooty said:

@Omniscience said:

What abilities does Surfer have that will be useful against Thanos? Even if he goes intangible, can he hurt Thanos? That may stop SS from getting killed but how does it help him beat Thanos?

He could use the asteroid as giant land mines. He could attack Thanos in the astral plane. He could use Matter manipulation seeing as it will be a sneak attack, unless Thanks has cosmic awareness. There should be more than enough ways to make this interesting. Heck, he could even absorb energy with his Prep, go pink hulk surfer.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pooty

@Omniscience said:

@pooty said:

@Omniscience said:

He could use the asteroid as giant land mines. He could attack Thanos in the astral plane. He could use Matter manipulation seeing as it will be a sneak attack, unless Thanks has cosmic awareness. There should be more than enough ways to make this interesting. Heck, he could even absorb energy with his Prep, go pink hulk surfer.

SS has no prep feats so i don't see him doing the land mine thing. but asteroids can be destroyed with a blast. The astral plane is his best bet. but pitting yourself against a mind like thanos may back fire. I have never seen a person use matter manipulation on a person who is more powerful then themselves. Thanos also has matter manipulation. Thanos is an energy manipulator also on an even higher level. as said, SS doesn't have the power to hurt thanos. his best bet is astral plane and i'm not even sure SS can force him to go there.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomp

Void-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the past Thanos has quite deliberately been put on a level beyond Surfer, even if it takes PIS to do this. Yes I am talking about Surfer being beat to death despite intangibility being part of his power set. But I suspect that if Current Surfer were to employ his full power and overkill pool of abitities, then the odds should be evened up.

Let's put this to the test.

Surfer has one hour prep.

Thanos has no knowledge of surfer coming.

Surfer is bloodlust and willing to use any and all his abilities, Thanos has regular morals.

Fight takes place in the Asteriod Belt.

Win by KO at least.

Can Surfer do it?

No. Thanos wins.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos and morals lol.

Lejon