-no BFR 
-solomon grundy is at his most powerful version 
-fight is in grand canyon

#2 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9194 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite

#3 Posted by BossMan404 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Lawl.

#4 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy at his most powerful version, perhaps Grundy , he was beaten the entire JLA and morals as always will hinder Surfer.

#5 Edited by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy just defeated Alan Scott did he not? i think he can certainly beat Surfer.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm saying Grundy.

#7 Posted by cortadew (370 posts) - - Show Bio

how can Grundy beat surfer??? 

#8 Posted by cortadew (370 posts) - - Show Bio
@matchesmalone21 said:

Spite

this is not spite
#9 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@cortadew said:

how can Grundy beat surfer???

by repeatedly punching him in the face. At most powerful incarnation, he was stated to be twice as strong as Sa Superman.

#10 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9194 posts) - - Show Bio

@cortadew: Is a spite and then you ask,how Grundy can beat Surfer,you already know the result...

:You can lock this?

#11 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@cortadew: Is a spite and then you ask,how Grundy can beat Surfer,you already know the result...

:You can lock this?

Ok i am going to bite, how on earth is this spite?

#12 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9194 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Because Silver Surfer can destroy him easily

1) Matter control and manipulation,Surfer can rearrange matter to create other configurations and can even transmute elements.

2) Energy Beams, Surfer can channel beams of energy through his hands with sufficient destructive force to destroy planets

#13 Posted by XImpossibruX (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer.

Doesn't matter how strong Grundy is, Silver Surfer has speed and cosmic power. Turns him into a chicken, or blasts him.

#14 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

Wha?

#15 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

1) Matter control and manipulation,Surfer can rearrange matter to create other configurations and can even transmute elements.

A power he has never used in a fight, apart from once against Fantastic Four which is non-cannon. Also its entirely not in his character to use this.

2) Energy Beams, Surfer can channel beams of energy through his hands with sufficient destructive force to destroy planets

I honestly havent seen him use an energy beam to destroy a planet yet, i have seen him try to evolve being in a planet and when he couldnt control that the planet got destroyed. Again not even remotely in character from Silver Surfer.

I am very well versed with Silver Surfer but despite his versatility he doesnt use anything in a fight. The same reason Spiderman looked equally matched against him (LOL hey i didnt write that one), Hulk has had no problems fighting him, Thor was able to beat him (once during Blood and Thunder, normally they have just stalemated).

#16 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9194 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: This?

#17 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

Yes what about it, all he actually did was use Nebula's armor to trap her temporarily, he did not actually manipulate her entire body in Silver Surfer Volume 3, Issue 113.

Now Grundy doesnt have an armor, and i see no reason why Grundy couldnt simply break a trap he created for him.

#18 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@matchesmalone21 said:

As Alan Scott found out Grundy reforms him body as soon as it is slightly damaged
#19 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9194 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: @IZZR: what about the Black hole?

#20 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Killemall: @IZZR: what about the Black hole?

Again, if you notice during Annihilation: Silver Surfer 01 Silver Surfer only opens up the black hole thing (note, off panel) to save Air Walker from the annihilation as a last resort after realizing Seekers were able to absorb his powers not during the fight but as his last effort to escape the annihilation wave (also for some reason the planet was destroyed but the seekers werent). Also add to the fact that he has never, after this point, or before this, opened a black hole as of yet, i dont see why that would be considered in character either.

#21 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9194 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: The Op doesn't say anything in character....

#22 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

Its one of the battle forum rules, unless otherwise stated its most recent version, in character and morals on.

#23 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9194 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Hmm,okay. I givei to Grundy since is morals on,but it's boring read this type of OP..people should make more explicit what may or not, to avoid this kind of confusion (even if there is the battle forums rules)

#24 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Killemall: Hmm,okay. I givei to Grundy since is morals on,but it's boring read this type of OP..people should make more explicit what may or not, to avoid this kind of confusion (even if there is the battle forums rules)

Cant disagree with that :)

#25 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9194 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: :)

#26 Posted by BigCimmerian (8866 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer can turn him into flower, and then stomp him.

#27 Posted by Nefarious (22930 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy.

#28 Posted by Typhion (651 posts) - - Show Bio

Most powerful version is immune to virtually everything. Not sure even matter manipulation would affect him. I'm thinking it could be stalemate, Grundy couldn't tag surfer, but surfer has nothing in his arsenal to put down a chaos charged grundy.

#29 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

I have never seen him manipulate organic to inorganic, say living beings into non-living beings, have you?

also totally not in his character.

#30 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@matchesmalone21 said:

@Killemall: :)

Thing is, Grundy is an inanimate being he is not alive and cannot be killed by any means, Starheart who was literally annihilating all of DC Earth got pummeled by Grundy and he trying everything but Grundy reanimates himself instantly, and Alan Scott can munipulate reality so if he cant do it i think Surfer would find it even harder.
#31 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5683 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

@matchesmalone21 said:

A power he has never used in a fight, apart from once against Fantastic Four which is non-cannon. Also its entirely not in his character to use this.

I honestly havent seen him use an energy beam to destroy a planet yet, i have seen him try to evolve being in a planet and when he couldnt control that the planet got destroyed. Again not even remotely in character from Silver Surfer.

I am very well versed with Silver Surfer but despite his versatility he doesnt use anything in a fight. The same reason Spiderman looked equally matched against him (LOL hey i didnt write that one), Hulk has had no problems fighting him, Thor was able to beat him (once during Blood and Thunder, normally they have just stalemated).

In a recent issue of The Defenders SS disintegrated done of high Evolutionary's tiger men , he could do the same to Grundy. Strength wise he also grabbed a starship full of more of the High Evolutionary's men and THREW it into space. It's hyperbole but the writer suggested the ship being disabled would stay on that trajectory for YEARS. even bound to earth SS still beats Grundy.
#32 Posted by BigCimmerian (8866 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@BigCimmerian said:

I have never seen him manipulate organic to inorganic, say living beings into non-living beings, have you?

also totally not in his character.

Flower is organic and is living being.

#33 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

Flower is organic and is living being.

LOL ok you got me there, :p

But really not in character to do so.

#34 Edited by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

Grundy just defeated Alan Scott did he not?

:(

#35 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4833 posts) - - Show Bio

depending on the severity of a threat, Surfers morals and "in character" judgements are accordingly so. Was he not willing to destroy Thanos? If he perceived Grundy a big enough threat he would destroy him,. That being said, Surfer flies him thr ough the sun. end of story.....Surfer wins, Grundy loses

#36 Posted by cortadew (370 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

Its one of the battle forum rules, unless otherwise stated its most recent version, in character and morals on.

morals off
#37 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Grundy at his most powerful version, perhaps Grundy , he was beaten the entire JLA and morals as always will hinder Surfer.

The JLA don't posses powers like Silver Surfer.

#38 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

JSA do and he beat them too.
#39 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

Scans?

#40 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

Scans?

#41 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

How are morals going to change Silver Surfer's response? Didn't stop him from stomping all over Beta Ray Bill, or Nova. It didn't stop him from trying to blitz the crap out of Thanos. Didn't stop him form sucking the gamma radiation right out of the Hulk (after physically overpowering him might I add, and this was before his Annihilation upgrade), nor did it stop him from blowing up an entire planet while facing off against Morg with the other heralds. It didn't stop him from physically overpowering World Breaker Hulk, and beating the snot out of him, nor did it change the fact that he tanked a sucker punch from WBH and got right back up like nothing happened.

Plain and simply, I don't think the JSA would do much better against Surfer, so to me it's sort of a null and void point. And the only time Grundy took on the JLA was when he was in his smartest incarnation, and he didn't actually fight them, he just appeared on the cover in front of a bunch of beaten down JLA members in the Red Tornado story arc. Even then I think he got the crap beaten out of him by WW, and almost killed.

Not only that, but I think Cosmic Awareness will play more than a little bit of a role in Silver Surfer's win. I just don't think Grundy has it in him to beat Surfer's power set.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#42 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay said:

@Killemall said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Killemall: Hmm,okay. I givei to Grundy since is morals on,but it's boring read this type of OP.. people should make more explicit what may or not, to avoid this kind of confusion (even if there is the battle forums rules)

How are morals going to change Silver Surfer's response? Didn't stop him from stomping all over Beta Ray Bill, or Nova. It didn't stop him from trying to blitz the crap out of Thanos. Didn't stop him form sucking the gamma radiation right out of the Hulk (after physically overpowering him might I add, and this was before his Annihilation upgrade), nor did it stop him from blowing up an entire planet while facing off against Morg with the other heralds. It didn't stop him from physically overpowering World Breaker Hulk, and beating the snot out of him, nor did it change the fact that he tanked a sucker punch from WBH and got right back up like nothing happened.

Plain and simply, I don't think the JSA would do much better against Surfer, so to me it's sort of a null and void point. And the only time Grundy took on the JLA was when he was in his smartest incarnation, and he didn't actually fight them, he just appeared on the cover in front of a bunch of beaten down JLA members in the Red Tornado story arc. Even then I think he got the crap beaten out of him by WW, and almost killed.

Not only that, but I think Cosmic Awareness will play more than a little bit of a role in Silver Surfer's win. I just don't think Grundy has it in him to beat Surfer's power set.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Alan Scott with full Starheart harness is way more powerful than Surfer.
#43 Posted by Hyperlight (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know too much about solomon grundy but going off of there powers and abilities SS should win. He is strong enough... more durable... and more powerful all together. SG being able to put himself back together wont stop SS from tearing him apart again. but like some other people were saying... it depends on how much of a threat SS percieves SG to be

#44 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR:

As I recall, he didn't have full Starheart in that battle, and one of the Surfer's biggest powers, is Energy Absorption, which may prove to be more than a bit of a problem for someone who creates solid light constructs.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#45 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Yep.

I actually say that Grundy takes this.

#46 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#47 Posted by Mr_Explicit1 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

The Surfer is far to fast for Solomon Grundy!

#48 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Born on a Monday...buried after fighting silver surfer..this is close but I give the edge to the surfer

#49 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith said:

Born on a Monday...buried after fighting silver surfer..this is close but I give the edge to the surfer

lol this

#50 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

Scans?

Interesting, thanks for scans :)