Current Magneto vs Classic Captain Marvel

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Current Magneto (powers weakened as they are these days) vs Classic Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell, we're talking back before he died of cancer)

Battle takes place in an auto wrecking yard, starting at 40'. Win by any means. In character.

Who wins and why?

Current Magneto
Current Magneto

Old-School Mar-Vell
Old-School Mar-Vell

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I dunno, Marv probably wins 10/10 based on what I know of current Magneto, but then I think he'd take a solid majority over regular Magneto as well.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 owie  Moderator

@saren said:

I dunno, Marv probably wins 10/10 based on what I know of current Magneto, but then I think he'd take a solid majority over regular Magneto as well.

Really? The old-school 10-tonner Mar-vell? I'm curious, are you thinking his durability or speed or energy blasts would too much against standard Mags? I'd think standard Magneto would beat him relatively easily, between his shields and ability to just constantly pummel Mar-vell with high-velocity shrapnel while holding him in place with more metal. I don't think his durability was that great, excepting a few fights against Drax that seem a little outside his norm. Magneto could conceivably just pull the nega-bands right off him.

Current Magneto has been kind of creative with his powers. For instance he killed Arclight and Blockbuster by using some liquid metal stuff that he made flow in their noses and go into their brains. (IRRC...maybe their hearts...anyway same basic point.) Anyway it was that kind of thing that made me think he's got some options against Mar-vell at this power level.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Oh I thought this was SHAZAM/Captain Marvel. I was gonna call a stomp.