• 76 results
#1 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Current bullet catching, self healing Iron Fist vs. Classic Spiderman

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Brainiac1.0 (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman even if iron fist knows tai chi concentrated in his fist. Spiderman has web spider sense he would probably dogde before he even gets close. My opinion.

#3 Posted by Ziggy (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Spiderman because of his agility, reaction speed, combine with his spider sense will make it hard for Iron Fist to land a shot.

#4 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man completly outclasses Ironfist.

#5 Posted by The_Absolute (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to mention Spidey's 10-ton strength level, which a lot of people tend to forget. Sure Spidey's fast, agile and smart, but a well-placed hit at half his ful strength would kill anyone who doesn't have superhuman durability, invulnerability, etc.

#6 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

PhoenixSouvenir says:

"Not to mention Spidey's 10-ton strength level, which a lot of people tend to forget. Sure Spidey's fast, agile and smart, but a well-placed hit at half his ful strength would kill anyone who doesn't have superhuman durability, invulnerability, etc."

A 1-ton punch would kill anybody without durability. Can you imagine having 2000 lbs slam into your body in a focused area? He's too fast and too strong for Iron Fist. I can see him jumping around fist and launching impact webbing at Fist. Maybe even web up his hands or mouth.

#7 Posted by The_Absolute (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Kain Echnida says:

"PhoenixSouvenir says:
"Not to mention Spidey's 10-ton strength level, which a lot of people tend to forget. Sure Spidey's fast, agile and smart, but a well-placed hit at half his ful strength would kill anyone who doesn't have superhuman durability, invulnerability, etc."

A 1-ton punch would kill anybody without durability. Can you imagine having 2000 lbs slam into your body in a focused area? He's too fast and too strong for Iron Fist. I can see him jumping around fist and launching impact webbing at Fist. Maybe even web up his hands or mouth."

True enough.
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Spidey because he has the intellect and long range advantage.He's also more durable.

#9 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I'm going with Spidey because he has the intellect and long range advantage.He's also more durable."

He's faster as well. That's a factor that you can't just toss aside.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Kain Echnida says:

"Vance Astro says:
"I'm going with Spidey because he has the intellect and long range advantage.He's also more durable."
He's faster as well. That's a factor that you can't just toss aside."

I was going to say that but I wasn't sure.

#11 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"Vance Astro says:
I was going to say that but I wasn't sure."

Should've. Would've been a nice addition to the arguement.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Kain Echnida says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Vance Astro says:
I was going to say that but I wasn't sure."
Should've. Would've been a nice addition to the arguement."

Well nobody is really making a case for Iron Fist.

#13 Posted by The_Absolute (892 posts) - - Show Bio

There isn't any real a case to be made for him.
Post Edited:2008-04-24 00:31:02

#14 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Well nobody is really making a case for Iron Fist."

There's no case to be made for Iron Fist.

#15 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist has fought Spidey and done well in the past.

#16 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man could win this fight with his eyes closed lol.

#17 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Spider-Man could win this fight with his eyes closed lol."

Sad part is, you're right. LoL.

#18 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Kain Echnida says:

"Nobody says:
Sad part is, you're right. LoL."
Never get tired of hearing that.
#19 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"Nobody says:
Sad part is, you're right. LoL."
Never get tired of hearing that. "

I never gettired of hearing that either.

#20 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Kain Echnida says:

"Spider-Man completly outclasses Ironfist."

Spiderman for the win, but it wouldn't be as easy as other are stating. Ironfist has held his own against Spidey before, and now with his new abilities, Ironfist is no ones push over.

#21 Posted by Aphile (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@Renny:

I believe the fight can go either way , but I'm leaning towards Spidey for the majority.

Spidey can't afford to take a chi-hit from Iron-Fist and I-F cannot afford to take a punch from Spidey.

Spidey could use his webs at his disposal to ground Iron-Fist and not result to physical attacks

#22 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

OP states Classic Spider-Man...who jobs to everyone, including Iron Fist.

It may be PIS, but he broke the web...before the new chi tricks. Current IF whoops his butt.

#23 Posted by BringnIt (3777 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Danny would beat classic Spidey for a majority, most likely. Classic Spidey was too up and down.

#24 Posted by Aphile (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@henryarguelles5 said:

OP states Classic Spider-Man...who jobs to everyone, including Iron Fist.

It may be PIS, but he broke the web...before the new chi tricks. Current IF whoops his butt.

From what I've heard on Iron-Fist, the current one can now channel his body into super-human level (on a short period though) with his chi. A hit from him is very-very powerful and Spidey cannot afford one hit from it, but Danny K himself cannot afford one punch from Spidey either

#25 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, but if he gets hit by the Iron Fist he loses.

#26 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aphile: Agreed...so it comes down to who will get the first (and probably only) hit...and Iron Fist has the skills to get that done.

#27 Edited by ltbrd (552 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah but don't discount Spidey's training in martial arts as well. though Slott hasn't brought it up often, it has increased Spidey's ability to go toe to toe with more skill trained fighters as well as give him an edge when his spider sense was gone. Though his martial arts ability is nowhere near IF's level, the fact that he has some skill now (whereas before his fighting ability was pure instinct/experience and the use of his abilities) does helpl mitigate the skill advantage IF would traditionally have and give Spidey a better chance of landing the first strike. kind of interested to see if Slott ever has Spidey improve in this area a bit more, given his recent reminder of it during Ends of the Earth and the fact that in the latest issue of New Avengers he's in the kung fu capital of the world while helping to train Hope.

#28 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd back current Spiderman if the OP allowed it.

#29 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey has superior stats to iron fist he wins he outclasses iron fist

#30 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

but i made this thread also dude

#31 Posted by Cable_Extreme (6824 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Danny is fast enough to land a few hits on Spiderman. When he does, Spiderman will get destroyed just like Danny did to skaar or the helicarrier. His current durability is good enough to withstand a huge explosion at ground zero from stopping a train filled with tons of explosives in a single punch, he came out un-scaved. He should beat Spiderman now.

#32 Edited by bflynn316 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

DISCLAIMER: This is my first post so sorry if I totally goof. Anyway I would have agreed with most of you 5 years ago when this post was made, but currently I say its a good fight and IF could come up with several wins. Here's why

Speed
Iron Fist's speed has been amped up dramatically over the past few years. This is especially true when he uses his Chi to help his speed. He has been seen catching bullets, a feat spiderman had trouble with here.

Also, Spidey was planning to catch these bullets which had been following him, while IF was purely reacting to a sniper's gunshot. For these reasons I'd argue their speed is fairly comparable.

Strength

I'll agree, Spiderman can lift more weight than Iron Fist, and is technically stronger. However, using his fist of iron he has dramatically stronger striking strength, which is what matters in this fight, unless Spidey is going out of character and throwing cars. So I'd actually give this area to Iron Fist, as he'll be the one with the really strong hits (albeit Spiderman's punches are quite strong themselves.)

Skill
This is classic Spidey if I'm not mistaken so obviously no competition here. Even current is much less skilled than Iron Fist.

Range
Iron Fist recently has been using his Chi as a projectile attack, with some serious destructive capabilities. While I would not argue this beats Spiderman's webs, which are much more multi faceted, I would say that he is not out for the count if this fight becomes a range fight (which would be wildly out of character.)

Senses
Seems obvious, Spiderman's got the advantage due to his spidersense, right? Actually no, Iron Fist has all of his senses amped up to a level that rivals Daredevil's.

If you look at this mask, his eyes are covered, as they were for his entire DD stint during Civil War. He had to use his other senses to make up for the fact that he was blinded, a trick Iron FIst has actually been using since the '70s (his fight with Sabretooth). His other senses allow him to do cool things such as this.

While I certainly wouldn't give IF a 10/10 win, I would definitely say this fight is not as one sided as you seem to think.

#33 Posted by Shawnbaby (9313 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316: About the Bullet thing...it's important to note that The Bullets Spider-Man caught (he was catching 2 at the same time...one of which he got without difficulty) were adjusting their trajectory in flight. The bullets IF caught were on a typical straight line trajectory. What Spidey did was much harder.

#34 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316: About the Bullet thing...it's important to note that The Bullets Spider-Man caught (he was catching 2 at the same time...one of which he got without difficulty) were adjusting their trajectory in flight. The bullets IF caught were on a typical straight line trajectory. What Spidey did was much harder.

yea and also Danny can make his hand super durable where as bullets do go through spider-man as well. So Danny wouldn't have had to catch a bullet between his finger tips.

#35 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure what the OP means by classic but if he means teenage spider-man then there is nothing to debate. I do feel modern age spider-man can take iron fist from what I have seen.

#36 Posted by Shawnbaby (9313 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, if you're using Current Iron Fist...you have to use Current Spider-Man which means either Way of The Spider Peter or SpOck.

If it's Way of the Spider Peter...the skill gap is considerably lessened. Way of the Spider allowed Spider-Man to beat Shang Chi and Madame Web in H2H...without his Spider-Sense. Also, there's all the Horizon Tech Peter had.

If It's SpOck...Danny has the massive Skill advantage...but he's up against a Spider-Man that doesn't hold back. And Once again you have to account for all the tech that Otto brings to the table.

#37 Edited by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

I would ultimately lean towards Iron Fist is he was extremely serious. For one, he has the advantage in being the superiorly skilled fighter. Spider-Man isn't a slouch himself in regards to fighting skill after his Wat of the Spider training, but Iron Fist is just undeniably in a different league than Parker skill wise. I also think that Iron Fist Chi amping can compete with Spider-Man physically. He's even been able to move so fast that Spider-Man was unable to react, dodged lightning, dodged Iron Man charging at him. I'd say he's about equal with Pete speed wise while amping. The damage output he's throwing out while Chi amping (Blowing up trains, destroying temples with ground pounds. etc.) is also something I feel tips the fight in Fist's favor. Peter has tanked hits from class 80 guys like Rhino before, but Danny should be able to get in a solid amount of hits due to his speed and the damage he is throwing out will slow down Spider-Man eventually. Pete still holds the edge in lifting strength, but Iron Fist's damage output is more valuable in this fight in my opinion.

Overall, I think the combination of Iron Fist's top tier fighting skill, Chi enhanced physicals, and damage out put can let him run away with a 7/10 majority in this battle if the fight stays in a mid to close ranged fashion. If Peter can make this a ranged battle with his different types of webbing, ice pellets, freeze capsules, etc. than I'd go with him for the majority.

#38 Posted by Shawnbaby (9313 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Not sure what the OP means by classic but if he means teenage spider-man then there is nothing to debate. I do feel modern age spider-man can take iron fist from what I have seen.

I think by Classic he meant "No Other". That was my interpretation anyway.

#39 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I think by Classic he meant "No Other". That was my interpretation anyway.

Then I will take Peter.

I would ultimately lean towards Iron Fist is he was extremely serious. For one, he has the advantage in being the superiorly skilled fighter. Spider-Man isn't a slouch himself in regards to fighting skill after his Wat of the Spider training, but Iron Fist is just undeniably in a different league than Parker skill wise. I also think that Iron Fist Chi amping can compete with Spider-Man physically. He's even been able to move so fast that Spider-Man was unable to react, dodged lightning, dodged Iron Man charging at him. I'd say he's about equal with Pete while amping The damage output he's throwing out while Chi amping (Blowing up trains, destroying temples with ground pounds. etc.) is also something I feel tips the fight in Fist's favor. Peter has tanked hits from class 80 guys like Rhino before, but Danny should be able to get in a solid amount of hits due to his speed and the damage he is throwing out will slow down Spider-Man eventually. Pete still holds the edge in lifting strength, but Iron Fist's damage output is more valuable in this fight in my opinion.

Overall, I think the combination of Iron Fist's top tier fighting skill, Chi enhanced physicals, and damage out put can let him run away with a 7/10 majority in this battle.

Iron fist does have the advantage in skill but I think Peters spider-sense balances it out. When did Danny react to a attack that Peter couldn't? Spider-man has dodged lightning and he has also dodged iron mans repulser blasts before. I do agree Danny can take Peter out in a blow but I feel like Peter has the advantage with long range attacks and I don't see Danny shrugging off a punch from spider-man with ease.

#40 Edited by Shawnbaby (9313 posts) - - Show Bio

I would ultimately lean towards Iron Fist is he was extremely serious. For one, he has the advantage in being the superiorly skilled fighter. Spider-Man isn't a slouch himself in regards to fighting skill after his Wat of the Spider training, but Iron Fist is just undeniably in a different league than Parker skill wise. I also think that Iron Fist Chi amping can compete with Spider-Man physically. He's even been able to move so fast that Spider-Man was unable to react, dodged lightning, dodged Iron Man charging at him. I'd say he's about equal with Pete while amping The damage output he's throwing out while Chi amping (Blowing up trains, destroying temples with ground pounds. etc.) is also something I feel tips the fight in Fist's favor. Peter has tanked hits from class 80 guys like Rhino before, but Danny should be able to get in a solid amount of hits due to his speed and the damage he is throwing out will slow down Spider-Man eventually. Pete still holds the edge in lifting strength, but Iron Fist's damage output is more valuable in this fight in my opinion.

Overall, I think the combination of Iron Fist's top tier fighting skill, Chi enhanced physicals, and damage out put can let him run away with a 7/10 majority in this battle.

Your summary seems to suggest Spider-Man will engage Danny in Pure H2H. You didn't account for Webbing or any of the other tricks Peter has at his disposal.

#41 Posted by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

When did Danny react to a attack that Peter couldn't?

Gah, forgot to put the context of the moment there. I was referring to Thunderbolt's #137 when I Chi amped Iron Fist was able to fast a simulation of Spider-Man to react.

#42 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Gah, forgot to put the context of the moment there. I was referring to Thunderbolt's #137 when I Chi amped Iron Fist was able to fast a simulation of Spider-Man to react.

Oh. I think the simulation is a good showing that Danny can catch bullets, toss them back chi amped, however I wouldn't take much else from it. He also tossed caps shield into wolverines skull.

#43 Posted by Shawnbaby (9313 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Key word there being "simulation"

#44 Edited by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Your summary seems to suggest Spider-Man will engage Danny in Pure H2H. You didn't account for Webbing or any of the other tricks Peter has at his disposal.

I did account for webbing, but Iron Fist has some ranged capabilities with his Chi. Though they aren't as dead on effective as Spider-Man's webbing I'll give you that.

#45 Posted by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@jashro44:

Key word there being "simulation"

True.

#46 Posted by Shawnbaby (9313 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@wolverine08 said:

I did account for webbing, but Iron Fist has some ranged capabilities with his Chi. Though they aren't as dead on effective as Spider-Man's webbing I'll give you that.

and what about Freeze Capsules?

#47 Posted by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@shawnbaby said:

@wolverine08 said:

What are those exactly? I'm not completely educated on the equipment Spider-Man usually has.

#48 Posted by Shawnbaby (9313 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@wolverine08 said:

@shawnbaby said:

@wolverine08 said:

What are those exactly? I'm not completely educated on the equipment Spider-Man usually has.

Equivalent to Batman's Cryo Capsules.

#49 Edited by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@shawnbaby said:

@wolverine08 said:

I don't know if we are using that version of peter because he never had that gear a few years ago I would still assume he has way of the spider though.

#50 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@wolverine08 said:

@shawnbaby said:

@wolverine08 said:

During slots run Peter upgraded his equipment. He was carrying ice pellets, magnetic webbing (mostly used as a EMP type gear), acidic webbing, and voice activated web shooters IIRC.