fight

SentryVoid616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SentryVoid616

Any Rules? a straight fight, in character, I'd say Darkseid, but i'm not that up on them both. But i would love to read/watch this fight, apocolyptic!

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

I not familiar with DS, but Current Thanos is de-powered a little bit.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Killemall

Darkseid, he has better feats in the current version.

After all despite his lost he wrecked Green Lantern, and one shotted Superman with omega beam. Thanos hasnt shown anything, apart from telepathy.

So unless Darkseid is vulnerable to telepathy, and frankly Darkseid has shown no such signs, Darkseid should win pretty much every time.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Current Darksied should win

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

Darkseid, he has better feats in the current version.

After all despite his lost he wrecked Green Lantern, and one shotted Superman with omega beam. Thanos hasnt shown anything, apart from telepathy.

So unless Darkseid is vulnerable to telepathy, and frankly Darkseid has shown no such signs, Darkseid should win pretty much every time.

In opposite - Thanos wasn't defeated in this comic. And his old feats should still counts, until we will see that his energy projection-durability is lower. In opposite, Darkseid, even Pre-FP wasn't portraited as one who can take Thanos' telepathy and survive.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

In opposite - Thanos wasn't defeated in this comic.

He was lying on the ground, bleeding and was missing a tooth, thats as close to a loss as you get without actually being knocked out.

And his old feats should still counts, until we will see that his energy projection-durability is lower.

Well since he (OP) has clearly put it as current Thanos i assume he is among few who buys this as a retcon, as oppose to what Bendis and Tom Breevroot said, that there has been no retcon of anything despite the fact that we are seeing different version of hulk, different version of Nova, cancerverse is ok, starlord is alive and what not. If you take it as a new character none of the feats should apply.

Also Thor with power gem couldnt break his teeth, but Groot did. so yeh meh!

In opposite, Darkseid, even Pre-FP wasn't portraited as one who can take Thanos' telepathy and survive.

While Darkseid has never shown telepathy ability offensively in a fight, at least not that i know of, he has never been taken down via telepathy. We can agree to disagree, but unless its a street level i generally use telepathy as a win against only those who have gone down to telepathy. In comparison i wouldnt say Martian Manhunter or Despero could take down Thanos in TP despite the fact that he has never faced TP of that magnitude. But i think its just my thing, i wanna see a proof of either side.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By tomlikesfries

Darkseid stomps. This is Thanos in his current version:

No Caption Provided

He got beat up by Thing, Captain America, Giant Man, Hulk and Iron Fist, while he shouldn't even feel most of their punches.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Count Bleck

Thanos has been hit with one of the worst nerfs in the history of nerfs. I'm talking "Goes from arguably being able to take Odin on in a fight and hangs with a casual planet busting Mar-vell" to "Gets visibly hurt by captain friggin' America" and you want him to go up against a Darkseid who's utterly manhandled Supes and a Green Lantern? Allow me to post this.

God damn man, what did Thanos ever do to you?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Current darkseid wins. ONLY because Bendis Nerfed the shit out of Thanos, but you already knew that when you made the thread.

No Caption Provided
Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Count Bleck

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Current darkseid wins. ONLY because Bendis Nerfed the shit out of Thanos, but you already knew that when you made the thread.

No Caption Provided

Don't worry man, Starlin will retcon it into just being a simulacrum of Thanos and undo this catastrophe. Sooner or later, he'll make it happen.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Killemall

@Count Bleck said:

Don't worry man, Starlin will retcon it into just being a simulacrum of Thanos and undo this catastrophe. Sooner or later, he'll make it happen.

Starlin left marvel later 2011. He is no longer a part of Marvel writers. Starlin was about to sue Marvel for not giving him anything for using his character Thanos in the movie, while that has been sorted out, most people reasonably think one of the factors on nerfing out thanos could have been to get back at Starlin. After all it was his star character.

The series ruins what Starlin tried to create though, he has spent years potraying Thanos as an anti hero (after Infinity Gauntlet) and rectonned anything that portrays him as outright villain.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Count Bleck

@Killemall said:

@Count Bleck said:

Starlin left marvel later 2011. He is no longer a part of Marvel writers. Starlin was about to sue Marvel for not giving him anything for using his character Thanos in the movie, while that has been sorted out, most people reasonably think one of the factors on nerfing out thanos could have been to get back at Starlin. After all it was his star character.

The series ruins what Starlin tried to create though, he has spent years potraying Thanos as an anti hero (after Infinity Gauntlet) and rectonned anything that portrays him as outright villain.

Damn it...well, someone will fix this mess, right?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@Killemall: so they ruin one the best characters in the company to stick it to a writer? Way to go Marvel, F%^$'n idiots.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Killemall

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Killemall: so they ruin one the best characters in the company to stick it to a writer? Way to go Marvel, F%^$'n idiots.

Seems like it, they could have simply made this comics non-canon , after all its pretty much whacks the continuity anyways. But meh! who am i to complain.

@Count Bleck said:

Hopefully though i am not sure. Same thing happened to Molecule Man and Beyonder when they met Bendis. I am a huge Thanos fan and it sucks, but thats just the way it is man. We can all burn Bendis's effigy when we get time :p

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Count Bleck

@Killemall said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Seems like it, they could have simply made this comics non-canon , after all its pretty much whacks the continuity anyways. But meh! who am i to complain.

@Count Bleck said:

Hopefully though i am not sure. Same thing happened to Molecule Man and Beyonder when they met Bendis. I am a huge Thanos fan and it sucks, but thats just the way it is man. We can all burn Bendis's effigy when we get time :p

Bendis ruins damn near everything he touches. Feth him.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

In opposite - Thanos wasn't defeated in this comic.

He was lying on the ground, bleeding and was missing a tooth, thats as close to a loss as you get without actually being knocked out.

And his old feats should still counts, until we will see that his energy projection-durability is lower.

Well since he (OP) has clearly put it as current Thanos i assume he is among few who buys this as a retcon, as oppose to what Bendis and Tom Breevroot said, that there has been no retcon of anything despite the fact that we are seeing different version of hulk, different version of Nova, cancerverse is ok, starlord is alive and what not. If you take it as a new character none of the feats should apply.

Also Thor with power gem couldnt break his teeth, but Groot did. so yeh meh!

In opposite, Darkseid, even Pre-FP wasn't portraited as one who can take Thanos' telepathy and survive.

While Darkseid has never shown telepathy ability offensively in a fight, at least not that i know of, he has never been taken down via telepathy. We can agree to disagree, but unless its a street level i generally use telepathy as a win against only those who have gone down to telepathy. In comparison i wouldnt say Martian Manhunter or Despero could take down Thanos in TP despite the fact that he has never faced TP of that magnitude. But i think its just my thing, i wanna see a proof of either side.

1.I don't think he was lying to them in that moment, since he started to be afraid when Elders has shown. He took a lot of punches after being suprised by Iron Man's machine attack.
2.Out of panel depowering would be acceptable for this thread, but there is difference between retconning and depowering.
3.Wait, You belive that Martian > Thanos in TP? Martian isn't greater than Moondragon or Xavier.  I don't think that until DS will have any TP-resistance feats he can be placed with people who have feats like that (Thor, Surfer)
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TifaLockhart

New gods are telepathically resistant. J'Onn couldn't read Kanto's mind and it took the combined efforts of all the Martians to get the soldiers to flee. Mr. Miracle resisted Sleez, saying that Granny taught him to resist mind control less than Darkseid's.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dextersinister

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Those soldiers weren't even new gods, they where just the regular people that live on apokilips that have been conditioned to resist telepathy.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TifaLockhart

Apokoliptians are gods. They're led to believe that they have no powers, but they have potential.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By czarny_samael666
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:
New gods are telepathically resistant. J'Onn couldn't read Kanto's mind and it took the combined efforts of all the Martians to get the soldiers to flee. Mr. Miracle resisted Sleez, saying that Granny taught him to resist mind control less than Darkseid's.
And Orion was taken out by Maxima, J'ohn actually affected him with this telepathy, etc. We would need to see what happened more often.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TifaLockhart

Those are the only two examples you have, I'm betting. Also, it should be noted that the New gods could let Martians read what the New gods wanted them to read. All J'Onn said was that Orion had creative ways of dealing damage. He didn't attack, just read his mind.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By czarny_samael666
Those are the only two examples you have, I'm betting. Also, it should be noted that the New gods could let Martians read what the New gods wanted them to read. All J'Onn said was that Orion had creative ways of dealing damage. He didn't attack, just read his mind.
One thing: They aren't mine. There was bigger discussion about it few days ago.
I am not going to pretend that I am an expert about it. Yet it seems to be hard to judge how this really works.
Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dextersinister

Apokoliptians are gods. They're led to believe that they have no powers, but they have potential.

I thought death of the new gods confirmed there numbers where in the thousands at best and Apokilips is effectively a slave hub connected to conquered worlds.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By xxxddd

@Count Bleck said:

Imagine what he would do as a dc writer.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Count Bleck

@xxxddd said:

@Count Bleck said:

Imagine what he would do as a dc writer.

In a phrase "Superman jobs to Bane, and Darkseid gets his teeth knocked out by Batman."

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xxxddd

@Count Bleck:

He would have one punch from Robin knock a sundipped and bloodlusted Superman out.

I wouldn't drop my comic because I've learned to expect a handful of crap whenever his name is on the cover. Man, he's the reason I stopped reading Modern Thor.

Oh, and Matt Fraction is Bendis's long lost brother.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Count Bleck

@xxxddd said:

@Count Bleck:

He would have one punch from Robin knock a sundipped and bloodlusted Superman out.

I wouldn't drop my comic because I've learned to expect a handful of crap whenever his name is on the cover. Man, he's the reason I stopped reading Modern Thor.

And he'll take some minor, one off character nobody's cared about in ten years and make them psychopathic Jesus/Satan on crystal meth.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xxxddd

@Count Bleck: I know right.

Marvel has terrible writers.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Count Bleck

@xxxddd said:

@Count Bleck: I know right.

Marvel has terrible writers.

At least Marvel has Dan Abnett. That man turns anything he touches into pure gold.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By czarny_samael666
@xxxddd said:

@Count Bleck:

He is actually doing something completly opposite. According to his comics Odin is now Galactus level with possibly universal level feats.  He created some new supreme gods in Defenders and bring Serpent trying to put him above all other demons and gods.
xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xxxddd

@Count Bleck: Yeah, that's about it.

The way I see it, when Stan Lee stopped writing is when Marvel went down the sinkhole.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Count Bleck

@xxxddd :

DC isn't much if any better. It's why I've mostly switched over to IDW comics wise. Simon Furman and Dan Abnett are regular writers over there.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xxxddd

@Count Bleck: I enjoy John's run on JL but not on Batman. Wish Morrison would return as a regular Batman writer. Guy is a genius.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

He is actually doing something completly opposite. According to his comics Odin is now Galactus level with possibly universal level feats. He created some new supreme gods in Defenders and bring Serpent trying to put him above all other demons and gods.

Meh! not really, Galactus under Fraction pen nearly destroyed the multiverse in his fight with The Other and Scarier.

For lack of better terms, Fraction is just wanking on few Marvel top powerhouses.

Fraction's run of Iron Man was amazing though (havent read the defenders). Also Serprent i wouldnt be surprised, even in Fear Itself we had a whole assemblage of hyper-powered being including Shuma Gorath, Memphisto, Dormammu, Cyttorak and Nightmare among other complaining about what Serpent has done yet they made it clear they did not intend to face him head on. Thats as big of a hyperbolic boost as you can get.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Killemall

@Count Bleck said:

In a phrase "Superman jobs to Bane, and Darkseid gets his teeth knocked out by Batman."

You know Batman underMarc Guggenheimactually manage to beat Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman in a random encounter together?? So the bolded part isnt really far out of his reach.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Count Bleck

@Killemall said:

@Count Bleck said:

You know Batman underMarc Guggenheimactually manage to beat Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman in a random encounter together?? So the bolded part isnt really far out of his reach.

What in the actual Feth even!?!

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Killemall

@Count Bleck said:

Sorry didnt quite get what you meant. Would you mind putting it in simple words? Sorry =(

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Count Bleck

@Killemall said:

@Count Bleck said:

Sorry didnt quite get what you meant. Would you mind putting it in simple words? Sorry =(

Feth is a term coined by Dan Abnett to replace the F word in his books. Adding even is to further emphasize my complete disbelief. I've heard of Batwanking but that just took the cake.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Killemall

@Count Bleck said:

Feth is a term coined by Dan Abnett to replace the F word in his books. Adding even is to further emphasize my complete disbelief. I've heard of Batwanking but that just took the cake.

Meh! wanking is when people make up feats but hey that totally happened. Also i seem to have missed few people he actually fights Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman and the only one standing after the fight from JLA is well Martian Manhunter :p .

Here are the scans if you are interested.

Batman Confidential 53

Most specially note Wonder Woman scan, sure she can go toe to toe with Superman even when bloodlusted and not be floored, but a batkick to gut (in scan no 3) totally floored her (Second last scan, she is knocked out on the floor), and people think Superman is physically strongest in Justice League, * pfft *

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By whydama

Darkseid wins. Because he looks way cooler than the lastest version of Thanos. (The one who didnt kill the Cancerverse)

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MAZAHS117

I'm still confused on what exactly "current" Thanos is, but if we go by the abomination that is Avengers Assemble, he gets wrecked by Darkseid. Darkseid tore thru the Justice League with very little to moderate difficutly. Thanos did get worked-over, as Killemall has pointed out, by a giant tree (facepalm)

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By czarny_samael666
@whydama: @SHAZAM117
Thanos wasn't defeated by Avengers in that story.
Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Count Bleck

@czarny_samael666 said:

@whydama: @SHAZAM117: Thanos wasn't defeated by Avengers in that story.

Still, Thanos even flinching when hit by Captain friggin' America was total BS.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TifaLockhart

Groot has a natural 6 damage in HeroClix.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jobbernos

@WaveMotionCannon: nope pre forms for either darkseid and thanos and darkseid still stomps.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sethlol

Darkseid.