#1 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

battle of the most powerful of all demons.. who would win? 
 

all comments are welcome.. 
#2 Posted by Achilles. (3819 posts) - - Show Bio

i have no idea

#3 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

the mere sight of Chthulu can drive mortals insane.. 
 
the mere presence of Chthon almost killed Dr. Strange.. 
 
tough one.. XD

#4 Posted by SSGL1 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Chthon

#5 Edited by "Colossus" (4073 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016 said:

 the mere presence of Chthon almost killed Dr. Strange

dr strange also had to put up force fields in his presence
 
chthon wins
#6 Edited by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:

" @lord_oraculous016 said:

 the mere presence of Chthon almost killed Dr. Strange

dr strange also had to put up force fields in his presence  chthon wins "
 
Doctor Strange was only saved by his faith in what he calls "Something far subtler, and far more majestic than the Great Shadow".. without his strong faith, he is good as dead..
#7 Posted by "Colossus" (4073 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016 said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @lord_oraculous016 said:

 the mere presence of Chthon almost killed Dr. Strange

dr strange also had to put up force fields in his presence  chthon wins "
 
Doctor Strange was only  saved by his faith in what he calls "Something far subtler, and far more majestic than the Great Shadow".. without his strong faith, he is good as dead.. "
yep, and dr strange battled shuma gorath, while chthons only mere presence was killing him
#8 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

Chthon    
#9 Posted by SSGL1 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Chthon

#10 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Cthulhu wins.

#11 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm leaning towards Chthon.. 
 
why? 
 

  • he is probably the closest thing Marvel has to an equivalent of the primal Devil of some kind predating that of Judeo-Christian teachings.. 
  • he created the N'Garai who once ruled Earth until they were banished by the angel Lucifer before his fall from grace.. 
  • he corrupted Varuna, the ruler of the angel-like  Bird-Men of Akah Ma'at (creations of the Goddess Oshtur) and others of his race.. 
  • he created all the creatures of the night such as Werewolves, Vampires, Zombies and many more 
  • he is far more powerful the any other Hell-lords such as Mephisto, Satannish, Marduk Kurios and even Dormammu 
  • he is so powerful that he cannot freely get out of his realm for it would take such an immense Inter-dimensional rift to accumulate all his magical energies 
  • he almost killed Doctor Strange by his mere presence  
  • his mere presence on Earth threatens the entire Universe
  • it took all the combined powers of Oshtur, Gaea and Set to banish him once again and prevent him from corrupting the very fabric of magic itself 
  • he has been referred to as The Great Shadow that creeps behind the feet of God 
 
and many more feats i too lazy to state.. 
#12 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016 said:
"i'm leaning towards Chthon.. 
 
why? 
 
  • he is probably the closest thing Marvel has to an equivalent of the primal Devil of some kind predating that of Judeo-Christian teachings.. 
  • he created the N'Garai who once ruled Earth until they were banished by the angel Lucifer before his fall from grace.. 
  • he corrupted Varuna, the ruler of the angel-like  Bird-Men of Akah Ma'at (creations of the Goddess Oshtur) and others of his race.. 
  • he created all the creatures of the night such as Werewolves, Vampires, Zombies and many more 
  • he is far more powerful the any other Hell-lords such as Mephisto, Satannish, Marduk Kurios and even Dormammu 
  • he is so powerful that he cannot freely get out of his realm for it would take such an immense Inter-dimensional rift to accumulate all his magical energies 
  • he almost killed Doctor Strange by his mere presence  
  • his mere presence on Earth threatens the entire Universe
  • it took all the combined powers of Oshtur, Gaea and Set to banish him once again and prevent him from corrupting the very fabric of magic itself 
  • he has been referred to as The Great Shadow that creeps behind the feet of God 
 and many more feats i too lazy to state..  "
 
there is a Lucifer in marvel?

I thought he and set were banished by the Demogre?
#13 Edited by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer: Set and Chthon were unable to defeat the Demogorge before and that sent them packing into another dimension.. but now, the threat of the Demogorge is the least of Chthon's worries.. at some point, Chthon somehow bound some of Demogorge's power into a Darkhold page to ensure that any future Demogorge on Earth would be at his own behest.. 
 
Oshtur, Gaea and Set banished him once again during the Mystic Arcana storyline.. they did this to stop him from corrupting the very fabric of magic itself.. 

as for the Lucifer in Marvel, well that was never fully clarified.. but its probably referring to Varuna and the rest of the  Bird-Men of Akah Ma'at which are very much reminiscent of the tale of Lucifer and the biblical angels, the Marvel Tarot also states something like that..  
 
but here is Marvel's version of Lucifer, Prince of Darkness 

and these are his lieutenants Kazann, Olivier and Pazuzu..

their history is still shrouded in mystery..
#14 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016: The Lucifer you stated, is not Satan in the Marvel Universe nor father to Daimon Hellstorm. He's just a ghost rider foe.
 
This is Marvels Satan
 
#15 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: i've never said that he was Satan himself in Marvel.. Marduk Kurios is the father of Hellstorm and Satana.. all i said that there was a character named Lucifer in Marvel who banished the N'Garai before his fall from grace.. many have been referred to as Satan in Marvel such as Mephisto and Satannish.. but Chthon is the most powerful of them all and the  equivalent of the primal Devil of some kind predating that of Judeo-Christian teachings..
#16 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016: 
 
is there any acctual proof of him being more powerful than dormamu
#17 Edited by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer: Dormammu once invoked Chthon's demonic might and used the spell known as the Cauldron of Chthon when he attempted to plunge the Earth into permanent darkness.. plus Darmammu is the foe of Doctor Strange whom has bested him many times.. Chthon's presence alone nearly corrupted and killed Doctor Strange.. the only reason why he survived is because of his strong faith to what he calls "something far subtler and far more majestic than the Great Shadow.."
#18 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016 said:
"@Thor's hammmer: Dormammu once invoked Chthon's demonic might and used the spell known as the Cauldron of Chthon when he attempted to plunge the Earth into permanent darkness.. plus Darmammu is the foe of Doctor Strange whom has bested him many times.. Chthon's presence alone nearly corrupted and killed Doctor Strange.. the only reason why he survived is because of his strong faith to what he calls "something far subtler and far more majestic than the Great Shadow.." "

 
damn he's strong would his pressene have any affect on an asgardian or an olympian?
#19 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer: dude, when he once entered Quicksilver's body (note: it is just his essence for no mortal can ever contain his full essence) teleported and imprisoned the entire Asgrad into a interdimensional prison which made it that the entire state of Oklahoma literally erased from the map..   

   

 
 
XD
#20 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016: 
 
Damn someone should really edit the marvel power ranking because they have this guy below hell lords  
 
and I know he's more powerful than an asgardian or olympian but would jsut being near one affect them like could Thor or hercules be in his pressence?
#21 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer: don't know about that because he never really left his realm and venture to the Earth dimension for like what I've said,  it would take such an immense Inter-dimensional rift to accumulate all his magical energies.. plus her sister Gaea has erected special magical screens, reinforced over millennia by human sorcerers, which prevent him from traveling to Earth.. also, Oshtur who serves as his opposing power and her Vishanti are also set against Chthon, having protected the Earth dimension for eons from beings such as he, and have created the office of Sorcerer Supreme to help battle his threat.. 
 
but it was said that his very presence threatens the entire universe.. as Eternity himself feared that all of reality might have fallen before him if he was unhindered.. 
#22 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016: 
 
yeah he's definetly above a hell lord
#23 Edited by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer: Hell-Lords are Class II Demons, Chthon is a Class I.. that is the reason he has been referred to as the Demon among Demons.. 

 
also, Chthon has a special connection with the Scarlet Witch and "blessed"her with a fraction of his demonic might.. 

and we all know what the Scarlet Witch did during the House of M.. 

 
many have that Chthon has nothing to do with her feats during HOM, but who knows.. for the connection between them is very strong.. Chaos Magic is a simpler term to describe the Chthonic Magic created by Chthon.. and it was said that there is a voice inside Wanda's mind that is slowing eating away her sanity.. it is clearly Chthon is the culprit.. XD
#24 Posted by TheNooseIsLoose (1900 posts) - - Show Bio

Chthon.
 
Cthulhu isn't even the most powerful in the Cthulhu mythos. this should be against one of the Outer Gods like Azathoth.

#25 Posted by Soloman (126 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys realize that Chthon is kind of a rip off of C'thulhu? C'thulhu dreams make mortals go insane.

#26 Edited by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Soloman said:

" You guys realize that Chthon is kind of a rip off of C'thulhu? C'thulhu dreams make mortals go insane. "

i think you are referring to Shuma-Gorath.. Chthon is a original character from Marvel.. his name was derived from the Greek word Chthon which means "earth" or "earthly" but not the life giving soil which is Gaea, but rather the dark and cold earth of the grave and the underworld.. 
#27 Posted by Soloman (126 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016: Ah, excuse me. 
#28 Posted by Fortanono (4840 posts) - - Show Bio
@SSGL1 said:
" Chthon "
#29 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Soloman said:
" @lord_oraculous016: Ah, excuse me.  "
no problem buddy.. ^__^
#30 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2059 posts) - - Show Bio

Cthulu is not powerful enough to win, you need higher on the Lovecraft mythos.

#31 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince of Saiyans said:
" Cthulu is not powerful enough to win, you need higher on the Lovecraft mythos. "
yeah.. probably someone like Azathoth the blind Idiot God.. 
#32 Posted by BloodyNeptune (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea how old this is, but I just found it and have to throw this in.

Any points made for Chthon relating to the Judo-Christan god is moot-point. If we're going with the Lovecraft Mythos, God is a Lesser God of Earth, which is way below the level of power that the Cthulhu, a Great Old One, has. Creating species on Earth isn't much of a standing point either, as the Earth itself is barley a blip in the lifespan of the Great Old Ones.

So pretty much any points made about Chthon involving Earth of Lesser Gods aren't in his favor.

And to say that Azathoth would even fight Chthon is insane. Something that deals with Lesser Gods, having any sort of standing with the center of all infinity is mental.

#33 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7503 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea how old this is, but I just found it and have to throw this in.

Any points made for Chthon relating to the Judo-Christan god is moot-point. If we're going with the Lovecraft Mythos, God is a Lesser God of Earth, which is way below the level of power that the Cthulhu, a Great Old One, has. Creating species on Earth isn't much of a standing point either, as the Earth itself is barley a blip in the lifespan of the Great Old Ones.

So pretty much any points made about Chthon involving Earth of Lesser Gods aren't in his favor.

And to say that Azathoth would even fight Chthon is insane. Something that deals with Lesser Gods, having any sort of standing with the center of all infinity is mental.

whether or not Cthulhu ever had any significant amount of power, in his state resting beneath R'hley, he's weak enough that a boat to the face took him down

Chthonn at least has some feats

#34 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a little hard to quantify the Cthulhu Mythos, mostly because the entities largely don't have any feats and are supposed to be beyond the scope of human comprehension. I can't even think of a notable feat for Cthulhu...beyond inspiring cults and having 'star-spawn' in At the Mountains of Madness.

#35 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7503 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

It's a little hard to quantify the Cthulhu Mythos, mostly because the entities largely don't have any feats and are supposed to be beyond the scope of human comprehension. I can't even think of a notable feat for Cthulhu...beyond inspiring cults and having 'star-spawn' in At the Mountains of Madness.

Cthulhu was able to survive a steamboat to the face (though it did knock him out)