Cthulhu runs the Gauntlet

• 118 results
Nalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can the Maddening Elder God Cthulhu make it past these extraordinary foes?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round One: Naruto as the Nine Tailed Fox

Round Two: Great Ape Vegeta

Round Three: Bills/Beerus

Round 4:Odin (Marvel)

Round 5: Adult Franklin Richards

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears.

Nalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_caped_crusader: I know Cthulhu is powerful, but is he really strong enough to pull this off?

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nalam: Cthulhu's mere presence causes chaos and insanity.

Nalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_caped_crusader: I know, but can it affect beings like Odin, Bills, and Richards, who are also godlike beings?

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nalam: Yes. He is multiversal level in power which is beyond 4/5 of the characters in the gauntlet.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DarthAznable

Cthulu feats?

Nalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#9 frozen  Moderator

Cthulu is way too overwanked. No way he gets past Odin.

Nalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Beerus or Odin, and he's definitely not beating Franklin Richards either

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Beerus or Odin, and he's definitely not beating Franklin Richards either

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@frozen said:

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Frisky4

Stops at Beerus.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is 1 shotting taking nine tails and great ape vegeta. Beerus will take a while due to him just spamming planet busting blasts ineffectively at cthulu . Odin will lose he will last a while but ultimately lose. I really don't know if he could take franklin the fight could last a while i really don't know also it depends wether or not cthulu just drives all of them mad.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@notatreeabush said:

Nalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85: I think I have to agree with what you are saying. I think it all boils down to whether or not Cthulhu can drive Richards mad.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nalam: It does I know little of cthulu but ik even the soutpark one was a universal threat. The only reason beerus and odin are lasting a while is cthulu would just ignore them.

BetaRayz8317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin crushes him.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu or is it another version ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cthulhu is not really a powerhouse. You can't interact with it, and Cthulhu just seems to affect the psyche of those around him. Well, in the original mythos, anyway.

Nalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nalam
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stops at Franklin.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Cthulhu exists in a universe without Gods. Guys like Shuma Gorath or the Cancerverse are proxies to the great old ones in Marvel. Odin isn't going to go insane due to Cthulhu's otherworldly nature and big C doesn't have the feats to fight him.

Odin stomps.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin stomps.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cthuluu gets boats thrown at him, then he dies.

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cthuluu gets boats thrown at him, then he dies.

LOL

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@notatreeabush said:

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont think he is getting past odin or Franklin

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ValarMelkor

Cthulhu is no where close to being a multiversal power. Definitely stops at least at Beerus.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akronawol17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cthulhu is nothing but hype and speculation. He got injured from a friggin steam powered boat iirc, even Kurama could oneshot him.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shinjiro

@frozen said:

Cthulhu exists in a universe without Gods. Guys like Shuma Gorath or the Cancerverse are proxies to the great old ones in Marvel. Odin isn't going to go insane due to Cthulhu's otherworldly nature and big C doesn't have the feats to fight him.

Odin stomps.

When someone don't read lovecraft.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cthulhu is nothing but hype and speculation. He got injured from a friggin steam powered boat iirc, even Kurama could oneshot him.

This.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro said:

@risingbean said:
@frozen said:

Odin stomps.

LOL! THIS!

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nwname  Moderator

Stops at 1. He is waaaay too overwanked.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod:

@shinjiro said:
@risingbean said:
@frozen said:

Odin stomps.

In hindsight that bolded line would more aptly be "Cthulhu exists in a universe without opposing Gods." And even then it's probably not entirely accurate. It seems that even if the Elder Gods are "good" they are also uncaring thus of no consequence.

I do know the mythos push the line of reasoning that man is insignificant and nothing he does is of any cosmic consequence. Sooner or later the universe will swallow him without fanfare. That is the thrust of the works so far as I see.

Compare that to the Marvel U. Odin is one of the big dogs, defending mankind and the cosmos. Sure he isn't as involved as his son, Thor, but he gets his hands dirty at times. The point is that in the Marvel U, man isn't going to see Cthulhu rising from the water and think "Nothing can save us, we're doomed!" They'll pray that the Avengers, or Thor or the FF or somebody comes along and deals with the world ending threat of the week.

So we have Odin whose got some flipping high end cosmic feats, and Cthulhu, whose best feat is looking so frightening that he breaks the minds of some mortal men who still manage to put him down by ramming him with a ship. Sure it helped the stars were "not right" but what that means is that Cthulhu failed to really heed his alarm clock. If that occurs and Cthulhu hits the snooze button back in R' lyeh, Odin is capable of finishing the job.

Tell me, just what is Cthulhu going to do to Odin? What feats does he have to suggest he's going to get victory over the king of the Asgardians?

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shinjiro

@jwwprod:

@shinjiro said:
@risingbean said:
@frozen said:

Odin stomps.

In hindsight that bolded line would more aptly be "Cthulhu exists in a universe without opposing Gods." And even then it's probably not entirely accurate. It seems that even if the Elder Gods are "good" they are also uncaring thus of no consequence.

I do know the mythos push the line of reasoning that man is insignificant and nothing he does is of any cosmic consequence. Sooner or later the universe will swallow him without fanfare. That is the thrust of the works so far as I see.

Compare that to the Marvel U. Odin is one of the big dogs, defending mankind and the cosmos. Sure he isn't as involved as his son, Thor, but he gets his hands dirty at times. The point is that in the Marvel U, man isn't going to see Cthulhu rising from the water and think "Nothing can save us, we're doomed!" They'll pray that the Avengers, or Thor or the FF or somebody comes along and deals with the world ending threat of the week.

So we have Odin whose got some flipping high end cosmic feats, and Cthulhu, whose best feat is looking so frightening that he breaks the minds of some mortal men who still manage to put him down by ramming him with a ship. Sure it helped the stars were "not right" but what that means is that Cthulhu failed to really heed his alarm clock. If that occurs and Cthulhu hits the snooze button back in R' lyeh, Odin is capable of finishing the job.

Tell me, just what is Cthulhu going to do to Odin? What feats does he have to suggest he's going to get victory over the king of the Asgardians?

I'm not saying that Cthulhu can beat Odin. which in mi opinion he can't. But i'm saying that the line "Cthulhu exist in a universe without gods" is VERY wrong. in Lovecraft there are beings who can clears this gauntlet with ease.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro: Ah. Yeah, I worded that incorrectly.

I'm almost curious as to who you think could take Odin. I'll say this. If Azahoth is your answer, don't be so sure. His waking up will destroy the universe of the Lovecraft mythos. By no means is that a given autowin in a multiverse created by TOAA.

The Lovecraft champion(s) are going to need to have some big feats.

tgrey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an old post, but this info may help give some solid definition to Cthulhu:

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot/Cthulhu_Mythos_Respect_Thread_Thingamabob_of_Untold_Horror

The great old one has been confirmed to warp reality, snuff out stars, be indestructible at a molecular level, be nigh omniscient, and be able to create and unmake matter. It is also minimum 4th dimensional since it's existence predates the concept of time (it is impossible for a 3rd dimensional being to be vigintillions of years old since our universe and time as we know it has only existed for billions of years). Cthulhu is likely 5D or higher since other lovecraft beings that are 4D such as the hounds of Tindalos are much lesser beings. He is not beyond dimensions however, and can only physically be in one place at a time unlike stronger great old ones like Hastur who have multiple avatars. He does not have the nigh omnipotence of an outer god and he can be defeated if the cosmic forces are against him. If the stars are not right he cannot awaken and is essentially comatose. The Elder things and the Great Race of Yith were able to keep Cthulhu and his star spawn at bay on primordial Earth so it is possible to at least hinder Cthulhu's star spawn even when the stars are right, but Cthulhu himself did not seem to take the mortal races of Earth seriously and simply worked on his plans in Ryleh while his children battled them, and neither the Elders or the Yithians dared to seek out Cthulhu even though they had weapons able to unmake things at an atomic level so that says a lot.

Verdict:

Naruto and Vegeta have no chance.

Beerus maybe, he can unmake matter and destroy ghosts so perhaps he could end Cthulhu, but then again so could the Elders and Yithians and they failed to damage Cthulhu despite success against his Star Spawn.

Odin could end Cthulhu with the full Odin Force behind him. As for other Lovecraftian horrors Odin at full cosmic power would have no problems with any of the Great Old Ones, but even cosmic level power is very useless against the Outer Gods. Nyarlathotep is the weakest and he would be beyond Odin. One would need to transcend the concept of dimensions, the cosmos, and the multiverse itself to oppose the outer gods.

Franklin Richards would be able to deal with most of the outer gods. Shub Niggurath may stalemate him. The only things Frank would definitely not be able to stop would be Yog Sothoth, who is the embodiment of existence and is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient for as long as Azathoth is asleep, and Azathoth, who is equal to the One Above All. The concept of defeat does not apply to Azathoth and only Azathoth can end Yog Sothoth, although really they are one and the same, Yog is simply Azathoth's mind as it dreams.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jwwprod:

@shinjiro said:
@risingbean said:
@frozen said:

Odin stomps.

Old post, but... There are tons of opposing gods in Lovecraft verse. Nodens is a prime example.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro: Ah. Yeah, I worded that incorrectly.

I'm almost curious as to who you think could take Odin. I'll say this. If Azahoth is your answer, don't be so sure. His waking up will destroy the universe of the Lovecraft mythos. By no means is that a given autowin in a multiverse created by TOAA.

The Lovecraft champion(s) are going to need to have some big feats.

Another old comment, but... This argument is nonsense as Azathoth being in a multiverse not created by him completely defeats the purpose of Azathoth as a character.

It's like saying TOAA isn't an "auto win" in a multiverse created by Presence or Man of Miracles.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 higherpower  Moderator

Clears.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears.

This is normal Lovecraft Cthulhu. He's vague, featless, and not even all that high in his own cosmic hierarchy.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 higherpower  Moderator

@zetsumoto: In that case the pic of him is certainly wrong. Then he'd probably stop at 2 or 3.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: In that case the pic of him is certainly wrong. Then he'd probably stop at 2 or 3.

How's it wrong? There's no official cthulhu picture, it's just a random fan-art.