C'tan Nightbringer vs Pennywise

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Raestlin86

After reading some interesting stuff about Pennywise at these forums, I came up with an idea about an opponent for Penny.

Nightbringer is at his peak strength as he was during War in Heaven and Penny possesses his powers from books.

Battle starts from our Earth, but can extend to anywhere.

Victory by death (if possible).

Aza'gorod the Nightbringer
Aza'gorod the Nightbringer
Pennywise
Pennywise

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone with ideas about this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C'tan wins lol

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Mind to clarify? Always nice to hear why someone wins

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By KingOfAsh

Isn't Nightbringer solar system level? While that's impressive, IT with all its feats is universal at least.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raestlin86: You have to, literally, break reality to kill a C'tan as they are a integral part of reality. Granted, if Pennywise is like the Chaos Gods in that his very existence defies reality then he could easily beat them (Chaos Gods nom nom a C'tan in a fist fight). To put it in perspective, a race that has weaponry that can cause every sun in a galaxy to go supernova deleted the memory of the weapons they created to fight the C'tan because they were too terrifying to exist. Despite this, the Necrons (race in question) only managed to kill one of the C'tan and that left a curse on their entire race.

Glutted on the life force of the Necrontyr, the empowered C'tan were nigh unstoppable and unleashed forces beyond comprehension. Planets were razed, suns extinguished and whole systems devoured by black holes called into being by the reality warping powers of the star gods.

Granted, all I know about Pennywise I saw in IT, but isn't he some Lovecraftian type creature? Anyways, that is just the info I have on C'tan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raestlin86: Well, the nightbringer for one has eaten stars and i dont see pennywise doing that.

on top of that here are feats for the shards alone which are not even close to being as powerful a full C'tan

"Even in their reduced and wholly fettered state, C’tan shards are beings of near-unlimited power. They can manifest energy blasts, control the minds of lesser beings, manipulate the flow of time, and banish foes to alternate realities. Indeed, a C’tan shard’s abilities are limited by only two things, It’s imagination-which is immense- and glimmering memories of the being from which it was severed. Whilst no individual C’tan has full recall of the omnipotent being it once was, each caries the personality and hubris of that far vaster and more puissant being. Though a Shard has the power to reduce a tank to molten slag with but a gesture, it might simply not occur to it to do so, as its gestalt primogenitor would have tackled the situation through other means, such as by devolving the crew into primordial ooze, or deceiving them into attacking their own allies"

-Necron Codex

More is explained here as well on just how powerful they are even in their weakest form, and yet u have him at his most powerful.. lol

Slapping planets like their nothing, eating stars, and creating black holes.

" Planets were razed, suns extinguished and whole systems devoured by black holes called into being by the reality warping powers of the star gods."

-Necron Codex

Reality being destroyed by their presence alone..

"The natural world revolts at the C'tan shards presence, the very ground writhing and shaking as the physical laws holding reality together are undone."

-Necron Codex

Basically the nightbringer is death but on roll XD

The Nightbringer is death incarnate, a sadistic god with the power to unmake stars.

Weaned on a diet of slaughter, nothing else could satsify its hunger and the Nightbringer eagerly threw itself into war against the Old Ones, laying waste to entire regions of space in the name of its monstrous hunger.

The war against the Old Ones was a conflict the likes of which the galaxy had never seen before and has yet to bear again, with both forces having the power of creation at their fingertips. As the fighting dragged on, and teh colossal scale of destruction intensified, the Nightbringer grew increasingly detached from the cause it had supposedly been fighting fore, content merely to destroy and feed at will. The Nightbringer used its powers to reach into the minds of the young races and plant the seeds of their darkest fears, nurturing whole species whos entire existence was suffused with the horror of death and mortality.

It had become the personification of death in every species' racial memory, the terror of mortality its parting gift to the galaxy.

-Necron Codex

Anyway just an idea of how powerful he really is... ^^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: dang u u beat me again, at least i gave us some quotes for our side ^^ enjoy!

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Nah, I am not arguing for the Nightbringer, just posting info on him for people who don't know as info on the C'tan is very sparse. You posted way more info then I did, so props.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Ah! I totally forgot the Nightbringer imprinted the fear of death into every mortal creature save for Orks (Who fear nothing because they are WAAAGH incarnate) which is why the 'grimreaper' is the figure of mortality.

None the less, I am curious as to how strong Pennywise is as Lovecraftian (if he is indeed part of that universe) creatures are insane.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By KingOfAsh

@wut: IT isn't Lovecraftian, though very likely inspired by Lovecraft. Here's the last battle from IT.

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raestlin86

I do know how powerful C'tan were at the time of War in Heaven as I own the new Necron codex (tho i really dislike it that they are now basicly Tomb Kings in space), but my knowledge about Penny comes from the Movie and it has been a very long time since i saw it.

I came up with this fight after reading the topic about Penny vs Krueger and Penny seemed pretty impressive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raestlin86: Yeah, i aint doubting ya, just posting just in case, and yes i don't like the new cron codexes their bs and it makes me sad.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofash: God is a turtle? Stephen King, you are so cray cray.

Honestly, this is looking like a stalemate to me. IT's physical form can be destroyed but his true form is nigh-invulnerable. Nightbringer's physical form can be destroyed, but his true form (that of pure energy) is nigh-invulnerable.

They are both part of the very fabric of existence... Hm, I would say IT's true form is superior, but Nightbringer's physical form is superior.

Unless I missed something?

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Crypteks are pretty nice idea and it is good to have special Lords, but what Ward did to C'tans is just bs -.-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raestlin86: That's because nothing can stand in his way with his ultramarines lol

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wut

@raestlin86: I like some of the changes. The oldcrons were a little too much like Chaos for my liking.

"Souless machines, the pawns of the power of the Four Great Gods!"

I don't like the blood angel/necron brofist, but I do like the fact that they betrayed the C'tan after they were exhausted from battling the old ones. While I am not sure how I feel about the whole Shard thing; I do like that the Necrons have a more believable reason for why they went to sleep. Their fight with the C'tan weakened and shattered their empire making them no longer able to challenge the rising Eldar Empire rather then, "Well.. the C'tan want to take a nap so the galaxy can refill."

Newcrons have some decent lore writing. Not all of it is good, and I will be the first to admit that, but overall, I don't mind the changes. It has its pros and its cons just like the oldcrons had.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

One is a star devouring, solar system destroying black hole dropping, reality warping, galaxy decimating god of death whose mere shards were considered destabilizing for the balance of power across an entire galaxy.

The other is a giant spider/clown that starred in a book with a far too long and way too graphic sex scene between children and mostly dicks around with said children.

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, Nightbringer vs Celestial, match worth making?

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DeAnnunaki

Pennywise is only Demon Prince level at best, IMO.

That being said, he gets stomped by any of the C'tan.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, Nightbringer vs Celestial, match worth making?

That's a stomp in the other direction.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raestlin86: Not really no. Only the Chaos Gods (multiversal, borderline omniversal) beings can play at that level.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vrakmul

Of course, Warhammer 40,000 and Fantasy Battle officially have no canon as per GW policy. Any source is as valid as the other so you could totally find some fanfiction where the C'tan whallop on the Celestials and use that as a source. It'd still be as valid as anything else as GW is too lazy to manage it's own canon.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrakmul: Lol as long as it has GW somewhere on it, yep, it is all canon. Technically speaking, 40k ships crack continents and yet have less then a human punch in firepower.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@vrakmul: Lol as long as it has GW somewhere on it, yep, it is all canon. Technically speaking, 40k ships crack continents and yet have less then a human punch in firepower.

It's worse than that. *Everything* is valid. It's like the Lovecraft Mythos, but that has the excuse of being public domain at least. GW? GW's policy is "all interpretations are equally wrong." Which is a cop out for them not giving a damn while they crank out rulesets infected by the cancer of randomness for the sake of randomness and poorly balanced armies.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrakmul: If the codex/armybook is written by Kelly, you are going to have good time. Anyone else? Pray to god that it comes out okay. That said I do play Orc/ks (both table tops), so I have never had a super competitive attitude with it. (If you play orks you can't have a competitive attitude if you want to have fun.)

Their crappy canon policy pretty much means you have to wade through a lot of crap to get a general image of their powerlevel with regards to high and low end interpretation (60 joule lances for instance). But I take it over Star War's old canon policy any day of the week. Lucas knew less about his own creation then his fans did.

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be nice to know how much energy it did take to blast each of the C'tans into shards compared to Marvelverse.

How much does the powers of the Celestials differ between high and low ranking ones?

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be nice to know how much energy it did take to blast each of the C'tans into shards compared to Marvelverse.

How much does the powers of the Celestials differ between high and low ranking ones?

It was described in flowery terms so the answer is "we have no idea but apparently the Necrons, who could make a galaxy buster in the celestial orrery for artistic reasons, had to make a weapon even they thought was beyond the pale in power."

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wut

@lord_johnathan said:

It was described in flowery terms so the answer is "we have no idea but apparently the Necrons, who could make a galaxy buster in the celestial orrery for artistic reasons, had to make a weapon even they thought was beyond the pale in power."

No Caption Provided

WiH, especially C'tan stuff, is incredibly vague.

Ultimate-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deannunaki: @killerwasp: I think that Pennywise wins this because I don't see how Nightbringer can get pass through the Deadlight form

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading this thread. The physical clown loses the fight but if, for some odd reason, the true forms come out to play then it'll end in a stalemate. IT can't truly be destroyed and there's a theory, that I find highly probable, unlike his "brother" he will always exist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimate-man: did you even bother to read the thread or just naw? Because I have serious doubts you know who the nightbringer is

Ultimate-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I do and I can see that he doesn't stand a chance against Pennywise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimate-man: well read the thread again

Ultimate-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers