Team 1: Crossbones and Taskmaster

Team 2: Bane and Cassandra Cain 

Rules 

• No prep 
  • KO or Death 
  • Starting distance: 100 yards  
  • Standard Gear
#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12792 posts) - - Show Bio

I put Crossbones over Bane, and maybe Taskmaster slightly over Cassie........tis a good battle

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (8351 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 with standard gear, without gear team 2

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (44477 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what Morph thinks about Taskmaster vs Cassie. I'd treat his word on that outcome as law.

Starting distance in this environment means I can see Bane and Crossbones going either way. Unarmed Bane takes it in a very good fight, but with his weapons Brock has the edge he needs to give that match the potential to go either way.

Staff
#5 Posted by SlimJ87D (9970 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Well I'm not Morph, but honestly Taskmaster not knowing anything about her and haven't studied her will have trouble. Sounds about even since Cassie is crazy fast and skilled enough to give Batman difficulty.

#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she's any faster than he is. At least not to the point it will make any kind of difference. A man who didn't have problems following Spider-Man's movements in combat isn't going to have trouble with Cassie Cain, lest he's jobbing.

#7 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:Are you on a Spawn fix?

#8 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@Morpheus_:Are you on a Spawn fix?

Indeed.

#9 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:How far are you in?

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@Morpheus_:How far are you in?

About to start # 127.

#11 Posted by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane takes Crossbones! Not sure on Taskmaster vs Cassandra, since I never really followed either of those characters, but from what I know of them I think Taskmaster has the edge.

#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (44477 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBane2890: Just for my own amusement, how many wins do you think Bane would take against Crossbones out of 10?

Staff
#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: 11.

#14 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Alright, I'm convinced: You read everything. 

Anyway, I agree with k4tz about Crossbones and Bane, although I think weaponry could tip the scale toward Crossbones by a slight margin. Taskmaster and Cassandra, not really sure. Ordinarily, I would say Taskmaster if he operates competently, and I think that may still be a plausible enough outcome here. Not exactly sure though.
#15 Posted by stu (379 posts) - - Show Bio

With standard gear :team 1. Whitout it...could go both ways

#16 Edited by SlimJ87D (9970 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I don't think she's any faster than he is. At least not to the point it will make any kind of difference. A man who didn't have problems following Spider-Man's movements in combat isn't going to have trouble with Cassie Cain, lest he's jobbing.

True, they are both about peak human in speed. But from what I have seen her reflexes may be above his. But his gear allows him to fight long range and short range. I think in this case they are close to even.

Don't you think Spider-man has been written to be much more agile and faster in this modern age? Do you think a writer would write a similar outcome if they were to ever meet again?

#17 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

People say Cassandra Cain is peak human, but if you look at her feats she does things that are flat out impossible for a peak human to do.

#18 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: Their encounters aren't particularly old. And they have had at least four overall. I don't even take into account that Taskmaster won one of them, just the fact that he didn't have difficulty following Spidey's movements or read him, despite his superhuman traits. Whether the encounters would had been written differently since then is honestly not up to me to say. Every writer can come up with just about everything if they want to, and Spider-Man's speed and agility varies wildly. But it's not like Peter was portrayed as being slower or on par with Taskmaster, just not that much faster than Tony couldn't keep up.

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: I don't know much about it, but didn't Shiva pretty much own a (young) Drake on Velocity?

#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Morpheus_: I don't know much about it, but didn't Shiva pretty much own a (young) Drake on Velocity?

You mean when Tim got drugged and got super speed?

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp said:

You mean when Tim got drugged and got super speed?

Yes, exactly that. Could be totally worthless, but I haven't read it and thought it was worth a mention. Is it relevant?

#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: You have it backwards. Tim beat Shiva so badly, she would have died had he not helped her.

#23 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: Just the opposite. While on the drug, Tim beat her so badly that he accidentally killed Shiva and afterwards had to resuscitate her.
#24 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@ReVamp: Just the opposite. While on the drug, Tim beat her so badly that he accidentally killed Shiva and afterwards had to resuscitate her.

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp: You have it backwards. Tim beat Shiva so badly, she would have died had he not helped her.

Ah. My apologies. I remember vaguely someone drops a scan of her Keeping up with his attacks, must have been a temporary situation.

#25 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Beat me to it. 

@ReVamp: No harm done. Whoever used that as a feat was probably not thinking that through very well, because it really was a curbstomp.

#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Shiva ain't Deathstroke to be able to cope with superhumanly fast opponents, kid.

(just rubbing it in, since Gambler is around these parts again)

#27 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: Well, it was most probably used in a fight against a standard human and I just interpreted the feat.

I really don't know about the battle though, I'm thinking that Bane would take Crossbones out more times than TaskMaster would take Cassie out -- but I'm not sure that means Team 1 is going to win, though I'm leaning towards that stance.

#28 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp: Shiva ain't Deathstroke to be able to cope with superhumanly fast opponents, kid.

(just rubbing it in, since Gambler is around these parts again)

Kid? Oh well.

No, she isn't. Deathstroke still got his ass mandhandled by Grayson at the end of Renegade

Blasts music into ears and walks out.

#29 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: You're a clever bastard.

Now all we need is a team thread involving Gambit, Shiva, Lady Mastermind, Deathstroke, Cass and Emma.

#30 Posted by SlimJ87D (9970 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@SlimJ87D: Their encounters aren't particularly old. And they have had at least four overall. I don't even take into account that Taskmaster won one of them, just the fact that he didn't have difficulty following Spidey's movements or read him, despite his superhuman traits. Whether the encounters would had been written differently since then is honestly not up to me to say. Every writer can come up with just about everything if they want to, and Spider-Man's speed and agility varies wildly. But it's not like Peter was portrayed as being slower or on par with Taskmaster, just not that much faster than Tony couldn't keep up.

I think that since taskmaster has studied Spider-man quite a bit, he can already predict what Spider-man is going to do. Arbitrary example, but he could possibly just see Spider-man crouch against a wall in a pose and know that Spider-man throws a kick, punch and then uppercut from this position. Maybe he doesn't have the speed, agility and reflexes to match Spider-man but it's like he has enough knowledge for it to be considered a pre-cog against him.

I mentioned all this because he has never studied or seen anything Cassie can do. It'd be very dangerous for him to go H2H with her speed, reflexes and most importantly her fight intuition. While to her it would be like going up against someone as skilled as Batman which she has done fairly well against.

But then he has the many different kind of projectile weapons which can keep her at bay. His projectiles would be like a boxers jab to keep and control distance to only go in when he needs to or sees a good opening to strike her.

I guess I'm stuck at them being close to even again. Can't really figure out who would win.

#31 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Morpheus_: You're a clever bastard.

Now all we need is a team thread involving Gambit, Shiva, Lady Mastermind, Deathstroke, Cass and Emma.

So I've been told.

Gambit & Slade vs Cassie and Shiva or Cassie and Gambit vs Slade and Shiva. Emma and Lady M get to watch because they are too low class to participate in that kind of fight.

#32 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ You did NOT just call Emma low class.
#33 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking at this with the 100 yards apart. Crossbones should take out bane rather easily with his guns. Taskmaster should be able to defeat Ms. Cain.

Team 1 wins.

#34 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: In their first fight, he instantaneously showed the ability to copy Spider-Man and commented on the fact. Taskmaster is still fully capable of studying opponents on the fly. In some appearances it requires minutes, but in others he can master skills and styles within seconds. Likewise so, albeit slightly off topic, in his initial fight with Captain America I don't recall any sign of him having ever encountered him before, but he was still having him on the ropes despite also having to deal with Iron Man at the time. If memory serves right, the first time Taskmaster explicitly displayed mastery of Spider-Man's moves was when he encountered Scott Lang and Hawkeye. The problem some writers don't seem to be able to grasp is that Taskmaster isn't really about predicting what the opponent will do, he's about using styles and moves he mastered by studying others. The skills he has already incorporated in his arsenal are neither affected nor nullified by a potential inability to read and accurately predict an enemy, that is merely an additional bonus.

As for who would win, Cassandra has (as a hero, if nothing else) demonstrated a greater consistency in her performances that Taskmaster generally lacks. If the fight was on paper, I'm fairly certain that Taskmaster would somehow forget he doesn't need to read her and that would be the advantage she'd require to eventually win, but if both are at their highest level, it'd be a great fight.

#35 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

She should stick to preparing dinner for the Magneto wannabe.

#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

She should stick to preparing dinner for the Magneto wannabe.

#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: Top class silicone sounds more like it.

#38 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Nothing wrong with a little extra!

#39 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

If Tony can take Cassie out, I'm willing to bet that he could take out Bane with the help of Crossbones.

#40 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: A little is quite the understatement. Have you seen how she looked like before? LOL.

#41 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: lol yes, I read her origins. She was homely as hell.

#42 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: It's not that she was entirely unattractive, but she didn't really resemble the character she grew to became afterwards, at least physically.

#43 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

I put Crossbones over Bane, and maybe Taskmaster slightly over Cassie........tis a good battle

This

#44 Posted by SlimJ87D (9970 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@SlimJ87D: In their first fight, he instantaneously showed the ability to copy Spider-Man and commented on the fact. Taskmaster is still fully capable of studying opponents on the fly. In some appearances it requires minutes, but in others he can master skills and styles within seconds. Likewise so, albeit slightly off topic, in his initial fight with Captain America I don't recall any sign of him having ever encountered him before, but he was still having him on the ropes despite also having to deal with Iron Man at the time. If memory serves right, the first time Taskmaster explicitly displayed mastery of Spider-Man's moves was when he encountered Scott Lang and Hawkeye. The problem some writers don't seem to be able to grasp is that Taskmaster isn't really about predicting what the opponent will do, he's about using styles and moves he mastered by studying others. The skills he has already incorporated in his arsenal are neither affected nor nullified by a potential inability to read and accurately predict an enemy, that is merely an additional bonus.

As for who would win, Cassandra has (as a hero, if nothing else) demonstrated a greater consistency in her performances that Taskmaster generally lacks. If the fight was on paper, I'm fairly certain that Taskmaster would somehow forget he doesn't need to read her and that would be the advantage she'd require to eventually win, but if both are at their highest level, it'd be a great fight.

Thanks man, that was very thorough.

#45 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: Anytime.

#46 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

This could go either way in my opinion.

#47 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 but it is pretty close.

#48 Edited by k4tzm4n (44477 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: IF YOU'RE NOT MORPH THEN I DON'T CARE. HIS WORD AND HIS WORD ONLY WINS MY AFFECTION AND RESPECT.

I mean, yeah, that makes sense. Her speed is especially impressive and I'm sure he could have trouble (God forbid if that CIS kicks in), but his gear might also give him a required boost to help compensate for that difference.

Staff