Crono (Chrono Trigger) vs Cloud Strife (FF7)

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No prep 
All Magic and Materia masterd 
To the death

Most powerful weapons for both 
morals off 
fight takes place on Kai planet

VS

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Freefa11

Cloud completely destroys him. Omni-slash >>>>> Luminaire, plus combining Phoenix with Final Attack effectively gives Cloud something like 5 extra lives. That's not even bringing Knights of the Round into it. 

If we include Advent Children then it is quite clear Cloud also has super human strength, speed, leaping, endurance, and can dodge and parry bullets.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Freefa11 said:
" Cloud completely destroys him. Omni-slash >>>>> Luminaire, plus combining Phoenix with Final Attack effectively gives Cloud something like 5 extra lives. That's not even bringing Knights of the Round into it.   If we include Advent Children then it is quite clear Cloud also has super human strength, speed, leaping, endurance, and can dodge and parry bullets. "
I love Chrono Trigger, but yeah, Crono doesn't stand a chance.
Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Freefa11 said:
"Cloud completely destroys him. Omni-slash >>>>> Luminaire, plus combining Phoenix with Final Attack effectively gives Cloud something like 5 extra lives. That's not even bringing Knights of the Round into it.   If we include Advent Children then it is quite clear Cloud also has super human strength, speed, leaping, endurance, and can dodge and parry bullets. "

yeah i was thinking the same thing but me and my friend where debating on this tell me though all in all who do u think has more skill with a blade
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CAPiTA

Squall with full Junctions would've been a better match... 

...nvm that would've been a stomp in Squall's favor.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Freefa11
@slacker the hacker: There isn't really much way to tell how good Crono is with a sword, besides maybe inferring it from his techs, in which case, the best he gets is a 4 hit combo, IIRC. Otherwise, not much reason to assume he's any better than a normal, athletic person with access to magic and magic weapons. 

Cloud, on the other hand, we get to see in real time in the Advent Children movie, and he is clearly pretty skilled, again, able to parry bullets and combat multiple opponents of similar strength and speed at the same time.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Static Shock
@Freefa11 said:
" Cloud completely destroys him. Omni-slash >>>>> Luminaire, plus combining Phoenix with Final Attack effectively gives Cloud something like 5 extra lives. That's not even bringing Knights of the Round into it.   If we include Advent Children then it is quite clear Cloud also has super human strength, speed, leaping, endurance, and can dodge and parry bullets. "
This.
Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bare bones Crono would slap Cloud around all day as he has innate magic and abilities while Cloud has to equip materia. Also Crono has access to his abilities all the time while Cloud has to build up before his limit break is useful, but in this scenario Cloud would obviously win.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By OverLordArhas

Crono can go back in time and kill Cloud before he even tried to join SOLDIER.

At a fair fight, hard to gauge, Crono is fire type and Cloud could just junction Elemental and Fire Materia. in the other hand, Crono can battle 1 on 1 a time manipulator.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cloud would win in a fair fight. Dude killed Sephiroth. Twice.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gracetrack

@overlordarhas said:

At a fair fight, hard to gauge, Crono is fire type and Cloud could just junction Elemental and Fire Materia. in the other hand, Crono can battle 1 on 1 a time manipulator.

Umm, Crono is actually lightning type.

@picallo3798 said:

Bare bones Crono would slap Cloud around all day as he has innate magic and abilities while Cloud has to equip materia. Also Crono has access to his abilities all the time while Cloud has to build up before his limit break is useful, but in this scenario Cloud would obviously win.

I agree on all points.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By OverLordArhas

@omnicrono:

Thank you for correcting me.

I was thinking of Lucca's ability that time LOLZ

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloud wins in all categories.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gracetrack

@neongamewave said:

Cloud wins in all categories.

If Cloud didn't have access to his best materia, or if it was strictly a sword duel, I'd give it to Crono. Unfortunately, Cloud's best materia really tips the scales in his favor. Cloud is pretty gimped without materia.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Cloud's best limit break, "Omnislash," actually an item and/or materia that first needs to be equipped before he can use it?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloud