• 55 results
#1 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok alot of people in my elite vs. alien post believe the elite is stronger than a predator, i strongly disagree but lets c what u guys have to say.

caption

armed with plasma rifle plasma pistol and plasma grenades.
vs.

caption

Armed with wrist blades, spear, shrink net, shurikens, mask, stealth armour, plasma cannon and knife.

2 battle
1st: in a jungle similar to that in the first predator movie.
2nd: covenant ship, predator has a mapped out view of the ship on his wrist map radar thing, watever u want to call it.

who wins and why?

#2 Posted by ElusiveStorm (2740 posts) - - Show Bio

Pred has the overall advantage more-so in the first battle than the 2nd but still he takes both fights. The stealth armor is the main advantage in both scenerio's.

#3 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Pred. He's cloaked, and two or three shots from his cannon will put the Elite down for the count.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223789 posts) - - Show Bio
Predator should win here. Predator has the cloaking ability and he could take an Elite down with a few shots from the Shoulder Cannon
#5 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, a good question here would be: who would win hand-to-hand? And no energy shields or cloaking?

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223789 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Now, a good question here would be: who would win hand-to-hand? And no energy shields or cloaking?"
That is a Good Question. I would go with The Predator just because I am bias

lol
#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:
"Now, a good question here would be: who would win hand-to-hand? And no energy shields or cloaking?"
That is a Good Question. I would go with The Predator just because I am bias

lol
"
I agree. I, too, am bias :P
#8 Posted by Bio Guyver (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator FTW

#9 Posted by ElusiveStorm (2740 posts) - - Show Bio

Pred, he's known as the prefect hunter and even though used a wrist blade against an alien to finish it off, he could fend himself easily against an elite.

#10 Posted by Bio Guyver (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if the Elite was armed with some sort of tool, that perhaps he may have a chance.

#11 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio

ok then elite with energy sword vs pred with wrist blades.

#12 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Iron MK II said:
"ok then elite with energy sword vs pred with wrist blades.
"
In that scenario, the Elite would probably win, as the Energy Sword has greater range and killing efficiency than the Wrist Blades. While the Predator may be able to get through the energy shield of the Elite in a few hits (like Chief), the Energy Sword would do it's work before the Yautja could strike a killing blow.
#13 Posted by Officer Egan (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand where this idea comes from all too well, did a Predator themed Halo map called 2killapredator. Covenant swords are very similar to predator claws, and active camo is an invention of the elites. I'd give it to the Predators though, If they die they take the person who killed them out two with the nuke they wear on their wrists

#14 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

wait but elites have radar as well as cloaking built in there armor too and it doesnt run out plus they can dodge his shoulder cannon and give him a sticky to the face elites are very dangerous adversaries

#15 Posted by Officer Egan (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno in the old PC AVP game, I dreaded Predators with a fear that I never felt with Elites in Halo 2

#16 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio
supertrooper117 said:
"wait but elites have radar as well as cloaking built in there armor too and it doesnt run out plus they can dodge his shoulder cannon and give him a sticky to the face elites are very dangerous adversaries
"
predators cloak does not run out either, and predators also have radar.
#17 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio

o and the elites radar is more a motion detector, the predetors shows a virtual 3D picture of the surrounding enviroment including their opponent within. they can c exactly where their opponent is going and manouvre themselves around them.

#18 Posted by talia (362 posts) - - Show Bio

pred for the win here

#19 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator wins

#20 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I give this to the predator. Elites are Spartan strong but not Spartan fast [definetly faster than a human, probably on par with a predator]. Im not sure of their detection gear outside of the games. The predator would have to take the Elite out quick and at range. His shield would allow him to take a few hits from the plasma caster and the metalic weapons. If the Elite was given the chance to fing the Predators postion the Predator could be in trouble.

2. The Elite wins. Home advantage. He doesnt need to fight at all. He could use the ships sytems to kill him. He could pressurise areas, seal them off, create electric phantoms to confuse the Predators gear, vent the atmosphere sucking the Predator into space. It would possibly be much close quarters and the Elite would have a better chance. His plasma weapon will be devastating to a Predator [it melts through flesh and armour very easily, gives third degree burns and a dose of radiation] whilst having the advantage of his shield protecting him.

I do believe Elites to be physically superior to a Predator, if only slightly. In a cage fight my money would be on the Elite.

#21 Edited by Rozh (1 posts) - - Show Bio

YOU'RE ALL PRETTY $@&% STUPID. ELITES THAT HAVE THE RANK TO WIELD SWORDS ALSO HAVE ACTIVE CAMO. THEREFORE, BOTH SIDES HAVE ACTIVE CAMO.

Now, let's get down to the basics:
- I bet a few of ya' are thinking of the elite on easy mode. As stated by Bungie, Heroic difficulty was the reality of the war, therefore, Elites are a lot tougher than some may think.

- The average height of an Elite is 8'6;" the average height of Predators ranges from 7'2" to 8'8" tall. Given that the predator of the fight is at the median of around eight feet tall, the Elite obviously has a height and reach advantage here.

- From what I see in the movies, the Predator is strong given the fact that it can throw Xenomorphs (aliens)  decent distances. Also, the Elite can flip the Scorpion and Wraith Tank with ease, so I would guess that they are evenly matched.

- An elite's long legs prove its superior speed over the Predator.

-The Predator's heat spectrum eyesight can be offset by a number of factors while the Elite's standard eyesight doesn't lie (other than camo :P)

- Pred's gadgets have a range advantage over highly inaccurate plasma rifle/pistol.

- Elites borrow their technology from the Forerunner, an extremely advanced race. Therefore, their active camo would likely nullify the Predator's ability to see the Elite in the heat spectrum.

- If it wasn't for the Elite's shields, the Predator would have a quick victory with its numerous gadgets. However, this shield would give the Elite some compensation time. The Elite's energy sword would also be able to tear the killer net open.

- The Predator IMO has a better sense of stealth on most occasions.

SCENARIO 1: JUNGLE

Let's say both arrive on opposite shores on the island, aware of the other. They would likely hastily attempt to cautiously stay back, not charging in (they aren't aware of the other's capabilities, they just know the enemy is there). The Predator would take to the trees while the Elite would stay on the ground, circling the perimeter though careful to not make too much noise. Probably after a while, the Elite would site the Predator from afar from the shaking branches that the Predator was travelling on and/ or by his HUD radar. Since none of his weaponry has range, he would attempt to slowly make his way towards the Pred. At this point, he may step in a puddle and catch the attention of the Pred, who may see a faint silhouette though the Elite's active camo likely masks a majority of his radiating heat. No longer attempting to hide, the Predator attempts to blindfire his plasma caster a number of times, though the inability to lock on results in zero hits. The elite rolls, firing a volley of plasma from his rifle, possibly one or two hitting the Pred's armor. Since both have fired, their active camo has shut down. The Elite throws his first grenade, knocking the Pred off balance but doing no damage. Now running at the enemy, the Predator fires his Plasma Caster, though missing. He then launches his spear, hitting the Elite's neck dead on but barely even scuffing his shields. A shocked Predator slips behind a thick tree and waits while the Elite blindfires a dozen rifle shots. After a moment of silence, the Elite rolls out of his cover only to be snared by the Predator's net. Rapidly tightening on the Elite, he quickly reaches for his Energy hilt, activating the sword and with a dramatic display he shreds the net apart. The Predator, startled by this weapon, ascends once again to the trees and throws a shuriken, only to be deflected by the energy sword. The Elite leaps on a series of boulders followed by the branch of a tree. A chase ensues with the Predator turning around to fire his plasma caster twice, downing the Elite's Shield once. The Elite powerfully throws this last plasma grenade. The grenade bounces on a branch ahead of the Predator and explodes in midair, knocking a disoriented Predator to the ground. Nearly unconscious, the Predator activates his bomb. The Elite dives toward the Predator from fifty feet above the ground. He lands on the Predator and makes first contact by stabbing his sword into the Predator's chest. He quickly notices that the Predator's wrist mechanism is seemingly counting down and begins running away. The bomb detonates when the Elite as at the edge of its range. The explosion slams the Elite into a tree and the near lifeless body falls off the edge and falls fifteen feet down. Though not dead, internal trauma will kill him within the hour.

Work in Progress

#22 Posted by non-rush noodles (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iron MK II: so the problem is that the elite is way more underequipped than the predator. under those circumstances, yes of course the predator will win. he has cloaking and hand-to-hand weapons whereas the elite only has his rifle, pistol, and a few grenades. you want to make it even, give the predator wrist blades, cloaking, and his cannon, and give the elite an energy sword, cloaking and a plasma rifle. or take away cloaking and have them go at it, but dont give one side a substantially bigger arsenal to choose from. also, you need to give the elite his energy shield because thats one of the basic things that comes with an elite's armor.
#23 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator could get an ambush kill. 6/10 in a fire fight, the elite is going to take the victory thanks to recovery shield. hand to hand, predators are more skilled, but not as strong as elites. This could go either way, but if you add in an energy sword and wrist blades, that is a stomp in elite's favor.

#24 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

What everyone else said, the Predator takes this with his plasma cannons :D

#25 Posted by DarkStar22 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to a close range fight I would give it to the elite because the energy sword is an devastating at close range and would cut through the predators wrist blade no problem. But at long range the predator would win the thermal vision would give the elite away in a few seconds, according to the book Halo The Flood the elite's active camo gives away a large amount heat making it a giant target for the predator and also the predator's shoulder cannon is incredibly accurate and almost never misses and do to the fact elites charge their  enemies when they are they are injured he would be done in a few shots.

#26 Posted by TheLastRedeemer (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator absolutely OUTCLASSES the Elite here.  The battle was finished before it even started in the Predator's favor. WHY? 

Both have invisibility BUT the predator has HEAT VISION.

What does that mean? 

Elite's invis does not matter. 

Predator sees the Elite but the elite DOES NOT SEE the predator.  

Predator wins both 1 and 2. FLAWLESS VICTORY.

#27 Posted by Sangheilibias (1 posts) - - Show Bio

As my name implies I am biased with the Covenant Elites on this one.

As mentioned above their physical attributes are near equal, but the creator of the thread gave a huge advantage for the predators in the terms of gear.

From a point of view where a Sangheili Ultra is faced vs a Predator.

Let's say the ultra is equipped with an energy sword, regular plasma rifle, two plasma grenades, motion sensor(25metres) and cloaking. And the predator with his regular hunting garb.

Elite Ultra: The ultras are known for being great tacticians, strong fighters and only used for missions of great importance, their presence is almost a guarantee of success. The ultra is on heroic difficulty, which is "the way halo is meant to be played" .

First off, they have extremely strong shields which can sustain very heavy damage from opponents, they are very agile and will take cover once their shields are down, the predator can however spot them easily as the energy sword and plasma rifle are both very warm weapons, but that can work against the predator as he can confuse his sight by shooting enough hot plasma around him, making it hard to spot the real him. I assume the predator would find the elite first, but he wont be able to one hit KO him, meaning he will have to give away his location in order to kill the elite. Both of them possess long ranged weaponry, tho the plasma cannon is far more accurate than the elites plasma rifles, the elites themselves are seen firing with extreme accuracy.

Other than that I believe the elite would win, as the elite is probably faster than the predator, and his powerful shields will enable him to fire while being shot at, instead of the predator which would have to do a duck & shoot strategy in order to evade damage, the elite could exploit his ducking and pin him while getting within sword range for a certain kill.

If they were in a ship the elite could, as mentioned earlier, vent out the predator whatsoever.

If it was an elite minor/major (they're not allowed to wield energy swords) then it'd go to the predator, as their shields are considerably weaker, and the predators plasma cannon is awfully powerful, accurate and fires at a quick rate.

If it was an elite of rank above ultra (zealot, councilor, arbiter(arbiters are usually great fighters) general or honor guard) then the elite would again, win.

If it was any of the stealth ranks of the elites, the predator would have a certain win as the elite with fairly weak shields will try to get unspotted by the predators radar AND heat vision.

#28 Posted by Edamame (27936 posts) - - Show Bio

Covenant Elites, particularly the higher-ranked ones, are able to match most Spartans in battles. In the Halo books, Master Chief almost always stalemated the Elites (including the Brutes) that he encountered. His victories were mostly based upon ... luck.

I will have to do more research on the Predators before I state who the victor of this battle will be.

#29 Posted by Chevaliere (988 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#30 Posted by nick_hero22 (6726 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator wins

Physically superior with highly advanced technology better than what the Elite is packing

#31 Posted by Ferro Vida (34669 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22 said:

Predator wins

Physically superior with highly advanced technology better than what the Elite is packing

How do figure? What makes them so much more advanced?
#32 Posted by Zauberin (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a little torn, because people either say predator is way better, or they say Sangheili is way better. But then Sangheili also have classes, so it's like, which one? Plus Halo: Reach made Sangheili epic again, lethal killers, even the not Zealot ones are dangerous. Or maybe I just sucked at it. Also, predator fought alien (alien as in those big things with the tails and acid blood) before and did good, so maybe they might do good here. Sangheili do seem a great deal more intelligent than those other aliens, though.

#33 Posted by Mekboy (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

Predator wins

Wrong.

#34 Edited by nick_hero22 (6726 posts) - - Show Bio

The Predator's plasma caster was able to obilterate a decent size space ship with one shot and the wrist blades were able to effortlessly slash a large hole in a tank that had two inches of steel plating.

And also in terms of physical stats the Predator outclasses the Elite, here a link of physical feats.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/deathstroke-vs-predator/662595/?page=2

Let me know when a Elite is capable of caughting a subway train on foot, keep of with a speeding car, toss around a adult bison which can weigh over a ton like a rag doll, and send a truck through the air with a punch.

#35 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator.

#36 Posted by Madiris (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rozh:You got it wrong, the Predator will never not know the situation of a hunt. The fact is that Yautja (predators) are hunters by nature, its in their culture. If an Elite Arbiter ended up on an unknown island its because the Yautja put it their so it could be hunted. And an EXPERIENCED Yautja hunter would study the Elite. Learning about him, maybe bring some more Elites to see how they interact with or without one another. And the Predator would know the terrain and would use it to his advantage in anyway possible. He'll use psycology to mess with the Elites. ex; making calls for help to the Elites and the Elites end up walking into nothing or a trap, screams of pain or suffering to force the Elites to find their helpless comrades thus splitting up, and making the Elites feel that there are animals hunting and stalking them. That's how the Yautja work, and the wrist bracer (nuke/computer) is what generates the cloak, it generates electrical currents that allow it to bend light at will. But it can also be reversed, ex; absorbing the ENERGY from the ENERGY sword with the wrist blades. The energy sword is made of Hard Light, like the light bridges in Halo, and hard light has electrical ENERGY coursing through it, so if the Yautja hunter blocks an energy sword strike with the wrist blades it will be absorbed by the wrist bracer and could even be expelled back out of the wrist blades creating a electrical shockwave. But if the sword made contact with the armor of the hunter the energy would be slightly defelected but the hunter's armor would be damaged and the hunter would escape. Plus the Yautja masks have different visions in order to locate a target, so the Elites will never be truly able to hide.

So in short.... Predator FTW!!!!!!

#37 Posted by Madiris (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus in the 2nd battle scenario, Covie ship (Destroyer, Cruiser, Correvette, or Super Carrier), the Yautja would be going to destroy the ship. Not board it and hunt all the individual Covenant on board. That's just ridicules. The Yaujta would just destroy the Covenant ship in its way. Simple as that.

#38 Posted by Snockooz (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Well thanks to Reach we know that elites in any armor have twin energy Wrist Blades.

I wouldn't say the Predator has the advantage in either if these. Elite are trained from birth for combat and tactics in many ways like a spartan. The one problem with this is that it just Says Covenant Elite, you need to be more specific its am Ultra so I'll go by that. Ultras aren't Zealots or Generals but they are still very hard to kill. Having the best skill and equipment out of the lower ranks. In Reach and all the games they would have Midium powered weapon, a sword, and either Camo or Armorlock but I guess the Predator fans don't want this to be an accrete depiction of an Elite. However even without those abilities they still have a visor and motion tracker that can help them locate invisible targets. Because the Predators weapons and abilities run on some sort of energy pack that can run out the plasma pistols overcharged EMP would take out any possibilty of the Predator being a threat. Elite wins in both.

#39 Posted by Snockooz (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@madiris: They maybe able to destroy the Correvette but as for the others you stayed... Fat chance....

#40 Posted by Frocharocha (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

Booth are extremely strong. But people here already made good points. So i will add two points:

-If Predator decides to hunt, he have extremely good chances of winning this.

-If he resorts on physical strength. He's pretty much screwed. Elites can go top on top with Spartans(who who can lift up 300 tons). Elites are extremely agile and wouldn't bother on using plasma weaponry at close combat.

#41 Edited by Juiceboks (7755 posts) - - Show Bio

Booth are extremely strong. But people here already made good points. So i will add two points:

-If Predator decides to hunt, he have extremely good chances of winning this.

-If he resorts on physical strength. He's pretty much screwed. Elites can go top on top with Spartans(who who can lift up 300 tons). Elites are extremely agile and wouldn't bother on using plasma weaponry at close combat.

Since when can Spartans lift 300 tons? 0.o

#42 Posted by Snockooz (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: Elites can't lift 300ton at most they can lift 66 metric ton but that's still up for debate because most people say that's just a gameplay mechanic.

#43 Posted by Snockooz (8 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess as to what would happen in both battles.

Battle 1 Jungle:

Similar to Rozh but different.

Both enter the Jungle from opposite sides. Both know of the others presence however don't know of their weapons or abilities. Both run in. The Predator turns on his heat vision and Camo then quickly jumps into the trees to begin the hunt. The Elite keeps his plasma rifle ready and turns on his visor given the environment he is in. The Elite stays on the ground and quickly but stealthily begins the hunt. After an hour of searching they are both in the same area. The Predator quickly scans the area looking for any form of life, then spots a small speck of heat. The Predator moves swiftly to investigate it. The Elite, now standing next to a tree, is focused on making markers of where he has been. He hears a noise and looks at his motion tracker, he sees a red light with a shadow under it on the edge of he's tracker(this indicates that there is an unknown entity about 24 meters away and above the ground)and fades away. He quickly looks up toward the area the Tracker indicated with his Plasma rifle up. Leaves trickle down from the area. The Predator is now looking right at the heat source and changes his visor to better see the object. The Elite sees the eyes of the Creature glow bright Orange. Realizing that the creature is cloaked begins firing his plasma rifle. The Predator jumps away as the Plasma bolts rush past him. The Elite quickly runs, jumps, and climes up the tree to where the Predator once was. He peers around to find a trace of the Predator, finally he sees something that looks like a ghost or moving water in a human like shape jumping from tree to tree. The Elite is used to the look of active camouflage and gives chase. The Predator realizes the Elite is chasing him, turns around, and throws a shrink net at the Elite as it is in the air. The Elite without anyway to move out of the way of the object throws a Plasma grenade then tries ducking to evade the object but it opens into a net and raps around him and he falls to the ground. His plasma grenade lands on a branch in front of the predator and he is nearly caught in the blast. The predator deactivates his cloak and jumps down to the Elite. The net begins shrinking and the elites shields flicker. Realizing the net will slice him up, he activates his energy knuckle blades, cuts the net open, and roles out. The elite stands up and faces the Predator, the Elite is easily a foot taller. The Predator aims his Plasma Caster at the Elite and fires. The Elite jumps out of the way behind a tree, picks up his Rifle, jumps out of cover, and unleashes a volley of plasma fire at the Predator. The Predator activates his Camo And dodges away however one of the plasma bolts hit him and his Camo flickers, the Predator Roars in pain. He gets behind a tree and de cloaks to assess the damage. He was hit below his ribs the plasma is still burning through his flesh, he knows he can't heal himself here or fight with this much damage. He takes out his Combo stick and Smart disc and runs back out to the elite. He readies he's Combo stick, smart Disc, and Plasma Caster and fires/throws them that the elite. First is the Plasma which the elite is able to dodge, then the stick which hits him square in the chest luckily his shields were able to hold back the damage, and the the disk hits him in the face brakes through his shields and cuts off two of his mandibles. The Elite roars in agony, drops his Plasma Rifle, and clutches his face. The elite looks at the Predator and takes his hand off his face down below his waist. Two energy blades form from his hand plates. The Predator looks at the blades then begins to unhook tubes attached to his Helmet and takes off the helmet. Two twin blades slide out of his forearms armor. The Predator Roars and then the Elite Roars and they charge at each other.

The Elite throws the first blow trying to stab the Predator's face, he dodges and thrusts he's blade in to the Elites Chest Plate. The Blade penetrates the armor but doesn't go deep enough to do any damage. The Predator pulls it out thinking he had won and looks at the blade. There is no blood. The Elite takes the opportunity, slices across the Predator's chest, and Round house kicks him in to a tree. The Predator, now mortally wounded, looks up at the Victorious Hunter and then looks at his arm. He slides his finger across a data pad and punches a few buttons. Symbols appear on the 6 small screens, then parts of the symbols start disappearing, and it begins beeping louder and louder. Realizing it is a count down timer the Elite turns around and starts running as fast as he can through the trees. After about 6 seconds of running a large blue light forms behind him. The Elite spots a river flowing fast and jumps in. After a few seconds he reaches a water fall and falls down to the river below. The Elite looks up under the water and sees a massive flash of light and then trees around the river burn and fall apart. The water's temperature raises drastically so the Elite swims further down. After a few minutes the waters temperature lowers and he swims out of the river. He starts walking way from the area the blast effected. After an hour he reaches trees that aren't effected by the blast, lays against one, and passes out.

Elite wins.

There's no reason to put up the Second battle because it would be over way to fast. The Elite would just use the Ship and it's AI to kill the Predator.

#44 Posted by MuHMuHMaRz (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Two differnt brands of warriors up against each other. No matter what scenario you lay out the elites win, purely because of the elites superior technology. Lets strip the elites and predators of there weaponry and armor and put them in a dense jungle, the predator wins hands down wether it be 3v3 or 1v1 because the predator will fall back onto his training as stalking, studying, baiting and using traps. Thats what a hunter does. Predators are hunters and have spent generations hunting, A frontline or Advancing, Suppresing and flanking, Air support, Artillery support and holding strategic defencive positions have no meaning to them because they are not soldiers they're hunters, the Shanghelii on the other hand they've spent generations doing that. Big advantages go to the Shanghelii if theYaujta were to wage war against the Shanghelii, they can glass planets and nuclear weapons cant even put a scratch on most of there ship classes and out a matter of respect the Shanghelii would spare the yaujta race because of there excellent core skills as a warrior and will be deemed worthy of an alliance or more, why? When the covenant waged war with the humans the Hierachy Shanghelii deemed the humans as a worthy race and asked the prophets "why not indoctrinate this race into our ranks" Religiouse reasons denyd this pleed. This topic is unwillingly biased due to the fact that one has far superior technology than the other. Next time try put a hunter against a hunter and vice versa. This is as fare of an explanation i can give. Good topic on the other hand.

#45 Posted by Stupid_People (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like a breeding ground for less than 100 post-ers...

#46 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator.

#47 Posted by Frozen (10807 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough. I'd really want an Elite to win but I'm not too sure, it depends on the Elite in combat. I could definitely see Arbiter winning, I don't really think strength makes a difference here. Elites are able to physically throw around Spartan-II's and Spartan-III's in combat who are clearly superhuman with heavy armor, Predators are strong (moreso the comic incarnations) but I think not only are Elites probably stronger but also far more agile. I could definitely see Arbiter taking this, some may view Elites as canon-fodder but look who they're cannon-fodder to (Spartans). The weaponry of the covenant is much better than that of The Predator, the Covenant weapons are superior to UNSC weapons. I'll copy out and paste my original answer to the question:

Interesting match-up. I've felt like inputting my opinion on this, so now I will. It really does depend on the circumstances, one could argue that Elites are simply cannon-fodder, but is that fair? Elites are physically stronger and faster than Spartans, and arguably more durable. Now you're average Spartan can atleast life a few tons, so the Elite's strength is not to be underestimated here. While The Predator has shown to be much stronger than a human, the strength gap between a Spartan and a human is colossal. Both Predators and Elites are shown to be honorable warriors, I'd say the Elite edges The Predator physically, while The Predator is most likely the better fighter out of the two. Technology is a key factor here too, the Elite probably has the better close-range weapons and technology overall. Rank is a factor here, is it a standard Elite vs a standard Predator? Elites also have armor-abilities and it takes quite a bit of fire-power to take one down. The original Predator movie showed The Predator to be toying with the humans, and was subsequently killed. If it's the movie version of The Predator, the Elite will take it. But if it's the Comic-Book version, it's much closer.

#48 Posted by Frocharocha (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

Tough. I'd really want an Elite to win but I'm not too sure, it depends on the Elite in combat. I could definitely see Arbiter winning, I don't really think strength makes a difference here. Elites are able to physically throw around Spartan-II's and Spartan-III's in combat who are clearly superhuman with heavy armor, Predators are strong (moreso the comic incarnations) but I think not only are Elites probably stronger but also far more agile. I could definitely see Arbiter taking this, some may view Elites as canon-fodder but look who they're cannon-fodder to (Spartans). The weaponry of the covenant is much better than that of The Predator, the Covenant weapons are superior to UNSC weapons. I'll copy out and paste my original answer to the question:

Interesting match-up. I've felt like inputting my opinion on this, so now I will. It really does depend on the circumstances, one could argue that Elites are simply cannon-fodder, but is that fair? Elites are physically stronger and faster than Spartans, and arguably more durable. Now you're average Spartan can atleast life a few tons, so the Elite's strength is not to be underestimated here. While The Predator has shown to be much stronger than a human, the strength gap between a Spartan and a human is colossal. Both Predators and Elites are shown to be honorable warriors, I'd say the Elite edges The Predator physically, while The Predator is most likely the better fighter out of the two. Technology is a key factor here too, the Elite probably has the better close-range weapons and technology overall. Rank is a factor here, is it a standard Elite vs a standard Predator? Elites also have armor-abilities and it takes quite a bit of fire-power to take one down. The original Predator movie showed The Predator to be toying with the humans, and was subsequently killed. If it's the movie version of The Predator, the Elite will take it. But if it's the Comic-Book version, it's much closer.

Elites are way stronger in physical combat than predators. Whomever, Elites are just skilled soldiers with standart equipement, the predator have technology superiority but the Elite is also smart and skilled. An Elite Field Master or an Elite BOB in on par with a Predador. In Halo: Reach an Elite Field Master was the responsible for the deaths of dozens of spartans incluiding 4 members of Noble 6 team.

#49 Posted by Frozen (10807 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

Elites are way stronger in physical combat than predators. Whomever, Elites are just skilled soldiers with standart equipement, the predator have technology superiority but the Elite is also smart and skilled. An Elite Field Master or an Elite BOB in on par with a Predador. In Halo: Reach an Elite Field Master was the responsible for the deaths of dozens of spartans incluiding 4 members of Noble 6 team.

Comic-Book Predators are much stronger than their Movie-Counterparts, though the same may apply for Elites in comics (they still have good strength in the games). The Elite equipment is superior to Predator equipment, perhaps the equipment of an Elder-Predator may match that of an Elite - but Covenant weaponry is more advanced than Predator tech, not to mention it has more variety in weapons (Covenant weaponry is also more advanced than UNSC weaponry). The higher-rank Elites have better chances against Predators, so does Arbiter.

#50 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

The Elite should win easily.