#101 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Blackbolt was a skrull and on the moon when they fought so you could argue that a) they cannot mimic his powers exactly or b) he realised where he was fighting and knew that if he used his full power he could easily have destroyed the moon thereby destroying the Earth which wouldn't really help them at all :P

#102 Posted by Jameosaurus (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt was not fighting The Green Goliath we hav all come to know and love. This was not old Jade Jaw. This was World War Hulk. He had just spent months maybe years on a planet doing nothing but raging and battling the whole time,Every thing from Lava monsters, to pummelling the Silver Surfer. I mean he pulled Sakaar's planetary crust back together... He literally held a planet together that is Golden age Superman Strength. Yes Black Bolt is more powerful then the "The Hulk" period. But World War Hulk is an unstoppable wrecking machine only to be taken out by the joke that is Sentry. I think it is completely likely that Hulk whooped Black Bolt for the simple reason that Hulk had a lot to get off his chest and Black Bolt got the full force first attack = Big Green Beat Down. (Also the War Bound could of helped)

#103 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you those extreme, absolutely brainless hulk fanboys or are you a reasonable, intelligent fan?

#104 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Its possible but not likely. If Hulk got a hold of him b4 he used his voice, yes. but coming at him like he did in WWHulk, no.

#105 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

The WeatherMan says:

"Probably not. But his wife was there, so BB probably didn't want to scream, seeing as he cold have destroyed her along with a chunk of the moon, because the moon is so small. 1"
#106 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope...

#107 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"Nope..."
For the love of.....why the hell did you just bump this?
#108 Posted by capsvibranium (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read nearly the whole thread and it just seems to be a matter of opinion at this point:  you either believe that there is some sort of limit to world war hulk's power, or you don't.  i would agree, the writing was at the very least disappointing since we didn't get to see the battle.  but, at the same time, the comic book fan can't place their own boundaries on these things.  yes, we can call "foul" when there is a clear inconsistency, but the whole premise of this story arc was that the hulk was in a state of infinite rage, and therefore, had something of infinite power.  spider-man said it himself, black bolt was second in powerful beings to the sentry, and hulk fought the sentry to a standstill.  so by that, we can deduct the very reasonable possibility that hulk simply forced his way right through black bolt's voice with a hearty fist to the jaw.  i don't know, i'm just guessing.  but the marvel creators made black bolt that powerful.  they reserve the right to make the hulk that powerful as well. 

#109 Posted by AliceHatter (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeh I reckon if Black Bolt did unleash, he would open one big can of whoop-ass on Bruce Banner

#110 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

yes hulk would get mad and smash black bolt.

#112 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio
@ihatemymom:  
Did that not turn out to be a skrull? 
#113 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@ihatemymom: That is a Skrull, but thanks for playing.
#114 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

A friend of mine told me that skrulls are at least as strong as the originals.

#115 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@why so serious said:
" A friend of mine told me that skrulls are at least as strong as the originals. "
Some of them were proven not to be, and the Black Bolt skrull didn't use his powers the way the original Black Bolt did.
#116 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @why so serious said:
" A friend of mine told me that skrulls are at least as strong as the originals. "
Some of them were proven not to be, and the Black Bolt skrull didn't use his powers the way the original Black Bolt did. "
If the skull used BB powers correctly or not, is speculation - because we do not know.
#117 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tevnoba said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @why so serious said:
Some of them were proven not to be, and the Black Bolt skrull didn't use his powers the way the original Black Bolt did. "
If the skull used BB powers correctly or not, is speculation - because we do not know. "
Black Bolt has beaten Hulk twice by using his superior agility to get around him.
#118 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way Blackbolt could lose to the Hulk would be if he chose to slug it out with him

#119 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Except this is about WWH and he is a lot different than any Hulk BB has ever faced.

#120 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @why so serious said:
If the skull used BB powers correctly or not, is speculation - because we do not know. "
Black Bolt has beaten Hulk twice by using his superior agility to get around him. "
not world war hulk.  oh wait...... I forgot you don't know what that is.  ah...nvm
#121 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@why so serious said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @why so serious said:
Black Bolt has beaten Hulk twice by using his superior agility to get around him. "
not world war hulk.  oh wait...... I forgot you don't know what that is.  ah...nvm "
LOL are you f@cking serious? You saying I don't what I'm talking about? You? 

I brought it up because no matter how much stronger WWHulk is, Black Bolt didn't use his agility when they fought. He let loose with one whipser and then let his guard down. For Black Bolt to consider the Hulk as so little of a threat is either PIS or evidence that the skrull wasn't as prepared as the real thing would have been.
#122 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @why so serious said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @why so serious said:
not world war hulk.  oh wait...... I forgot you don't know what that is.  ah...nvm "
LOL are you f@cking serious? You saying I don't what I'm talking about? You?   I brought it up because no matter how much stronger WWHulk is, Black Bolt didn't use his agility when they fought. He let loose with one whipser and then let his guard down. For Black Bolt to consider the Hulk as so little of a threat is either PIS or evidence that the skrull wasn't as prepared as the real thing would have been. "
I'm thinking he just underestimated the Hulk. He was going by old Hulk rules and got caught with his pants down so to speak. I think it could have happened to the real thing, but really when all is said and done it was just a skrull so no one will take it as proof of anything. Which is actually how I think it should be actually.
#123 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lupine: But that's the thing: Black Bolt has fought the Hulk twice. Even if he did think it was just the old Hulk, he would have known that Banner wouldn't go down with one whisper.
#124 Posted by crabtree (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk wins

#125 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

it was a skrull so whats the point bring up the fight between wwh and black bolt/skrull? 
if black bolt screamed it would liquidise the hulk 
but wwh could kill him with one punch
its a quick draw
who strikes first

#126 Posted by DedmanWalkin (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't the Black Bolt in that battle a Skrull?

#127 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:

" @Lupine: But that's the thing: Black Bolt has fought the Hulk twice. Even if he did think it was just the old Hulk, he would have known that Banner wouldn't go down with one whisper. "

Black Bolt never fought World War Hulk. It was a Skrull, all along. That was verified in Secret Invasion: Inhumans.

@DedmanWalkin said:

" Wasn't the Black Bolt in that battle a Skrull? "

Indeed.
#128 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: I know, that's what I was trying too...

Forget it. This thread is way too annoying for me to spend so much time in it
#129 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

world war hulk is many many times stronger than the old hulk that black bolt beat.

#130 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

black bolt would beat any version of the hulk without PIS involved.

#131 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't matter that it was a Skrull, we were discussing could real Hulk beat real Blackbolt, I'm not sure how all this WWH talk got started, but that's really not the topic here folks.  World War Hulk was an example and one that was invalidated the moment it came up. Which is exactly what the person whom brought it up made pretty clear.

#132 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@glforthewin said:
" black bolt would beat any version of the hulk without PIS involved. "
#133 Edited by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Could the Hulk beat black bolt?   yes    now could he beat him 8 times out of 10 or something along that line?  debatable.
Just because you can beat someone once doesn't make you better being able to do it over and over again makes you  better.    Its what separates the pros from the amateurs, the greats from the mediocre : consistency

#134 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway it was a Skrull not the real Blackbolt

#135 Edited by Havoc@Heaven (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Black bolt has the advantage. What do you think is faster sound v.s. Physical motion? The answer is always sound. Black will always have the speed advantage and that's all he'll need to destroy the Hulk. In their past encounters Black Bolt had always best the hulk and he'll continue to do so. Plus the real black bolt had enough past experience to fight seriously. In a fair fight Black Bolt wins 10/10. In a fight where the Hulk manages to sneak up on him, Black Bolt 7/10, including the Sentry.
The thought of Black Bolt saying "Hello" will make most heroes in Marvel wet their pants. 
Black Bolt > Skrull 
Evident that the skrulls had to capture the real  Black Bolt and use him as a weapon.

P.S.
Did any of you find it weird that the Hulk had beaten the Skrull off panel. I mean even if the Hulk manages to get his hands on the skrull its still bad for the Hulk. Remember the skrull's voice was deadly enough to push the Hulk back. So it's screams of pain should do worse wouldn't it? 

#136 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Black Bolt is so far out of his league it isn't even funny. Who hasn't beaten Hulk? I mean, he lost to Iron Man (five times, all without the Extremis), Wolverine (twice), Spider-Man (via incapacitation), Captain America, etc.

#137 Posted by mathkor89 (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dreadnaught: keep in mind they were in space. its a disadvantage to black bolt and this time the hulk actually thought out how to beat him
#138 Edited by CosmicCommonSense (71 posts) - - Show Bio

its entirely circumstantial for instance if the hulk can manage to get in a punch even while being screamed at you know black bolt will be hurting and I don't know about anyone else but a dude cosmic screaming at me would seriously piss me off so I really don't know you have to think outside the panel for this one it could go either way

common sense has spoken

#139 Edited by SlimJ87D (9323 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, the Hulk can definitely defeat Black Bolt. his powers were more elaborated on, he's no longer just a physical force but emmitts gamma energy that he uses as a weapon. His thunderclap with gamma energy could probably outdo Black Bolts scream.

He took Red hulk out with a gamma emitted thunderclap that he probably didn't put much pressure in.

Look at this last scan, Hulk trades a blow with red she hulk and it causes a gamma sonic boom that blows up a planet. They did not punch the planet, they created a sonic boom that blew the planet up.

Just powering up he started Earthquakes due to his emission of his energy. Taking a step and releasing this energy caused the eastern seaboard to begin to crack.

If Hulk is not holding back he would probably easily beat Black Bolt.

I also want to note that the Hulk admitted to not even be trying in his fight with Sentry and a preview of his power was when he broke the Eastern seaboard and is confirmed later when he tells Doctor Strange that he was going to break the world of the dark dimension they were on and that he wasn't going to hold back like he did in his fight with Sentry.

#140 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Im guessing you dont know a lot on black bolt. BB has a lot of other abilities such as matter manipulation that will work on hulk to easily defeat him. BB also is also at gladiator's level of physicality so isnt getting beat in 1 punch and is very durable so he can take hulks punches. Not many people know this but BB is a great fighter who will be difficult for hulk to hit and is great at H2h. BB can also create force fields to protect himself or contain hulk if he chooses to do so. We also forget BB most powerful attack, his scream. BB scream has tore a hole in reality, thats beats a thunderclap so badly it should never be compared. If you really want WWH to go all out out on BB going all out, BB screams and hulk dies. the end

#141 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

Whispers from Black Bolts made Sentry tremble. I think his Skrull Clone in WWH was a jobber clone. The skrull make those on occasion, but they never explained where the jobber virus comes from, or how it gets into their clones, but somehow it does.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#142 Edited by Dredeuced (5313 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Whispers from Black Bolts made Sentry tremble. I think his Skrull Clone in WWH was a jobber clone. The skrull make those on occasion, but they never explained where the jobber virus comes from, or how it gets into their clones, but somehow it does.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Even still, WB Hulk's planet busting feat stands up, powerwise, to anything Black Bolt's ever done (unless there's some classic stuff I'm unaware of). Assuming Hulk's durability and regen are raised to equivalent level (as they always increase alongside his strength), I could see him tanking even normal Black Bolt and smashing him with a planet level attack. Not sure how WB would stand up to matter manipulation, though that's one of Black Bolt's more sketchy powers.

#143 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Even still, WB Hulk's planet busting feat stands up, powerwise, to anything Black Bolt's ever done (unless there's some classic. Assuming Hulk's durability and regen are raised to equivalent level (as they always increase alongside his strength), I could see him tanking even normal Black Bolt and smashing him with a planet level attack. Not sure how WB would stand up to matter manipulation, though that's one of Black Bolt's more sketchy powers.

I think he was warping space with his scream during a classic scan, but I can't seem to find that one.

He KO'd Glads with a whisper. He also stood his ground in a physical conflict with him.

He's gone toe to toe with Thor before, though lost.

He took on Namor and the Fantastic Four in a physical confrontation.

He KO'd the Hulk by messing with the ions in the environment and causing some lightning bolts to come down on him (again, no screaming needed).

There's some others out there too, but those are a few of his accomplishments over the years. If a whisper can KO Glads, I think a scream should do quite a bit. Or he could just scream and send the Hulk into space....

Seriously, Sentry was too scared to confront the guy, there's a reason for that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#144 Edited by SlimJ87D (9323 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@slimj87d: Im guessing you dont know a lot on black bolt. BB has a lot of other abilities such as matter manipulation that will work on hulk to easily defeat him. BB also is also at gladiator's level of physicality so isnt getting beat in 1 punch and is very durable so he can take hulks punches. Not many people know this but BB is a great fighter who will be difficult for hulk to hit and is great at H2h. BB can also create force fields to protect himself or contain hulk if he chooses to do so. We also forget BB most powerful attack, his scream. BB scream has tore a hole in reality, thats beats a thunderclap so badly it should never be compared. If you really want WWH to go all out out on BB going all out, BB screams and hulk dies. the end

Show me the scan where Black Bolt can survive a planet exploding.

This question is very simple. Can the Hulk beat Black Bolt at all? Of course he can.

1. The hulk has the strength to bust a planet.

2. The Hulk survived being catapult through a astroid 2 times the mass of Earth.

3. Black Bolt's sound shouldn't work in space as there is no atmosphere for the sound to travel through.

4. Where has Black Bolt transmuted someone as powerful as WBH into something else?

5. Is it even in his character to transmute a person into another object if so?

The OP asked if Hulk can even defeat Black Bolt. Hulk could defeat Black Bolt by busting the planet. Hulk can survive in space as he sat outside of his space ship during the prologue of WWH. Can Black Bolt survive a planet exploding? Hulk can.

#145 Posted by Dredeuced (5313 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@dredeuced said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Even still, WB Hulk's planet busting feat stands up, powerwise, to anything Black Bolt's ever done (unless there's some classic. Assuming Hulk's durability and regen are raised to equivalent level (as they always increase alongside his strength), I could see him tanking even normal Black Bolt and smashing him with a planet level attack. Not sure how WB would stand up to matter manipulation, though that's one of Black Bolt's more sketchy powers.

I think he was warping space with his scream during a classic scan, but I can't seem to find that one.

He KO'd Glads with a whisper. He also stood his ground in a physical conflict with him.

He KO'd the Hulk by messing with the ions in the environment and causing some lightning bolts to come down on him (again, no screaming needed).

There's some others out there too, but those are a few of his accomplishments over the years. If a whisper can KO Glads, I think a scream should do quite a bit. Or he could just scream and send the Hulk into space....

Seriously, Sentry was too scared to confront the guy, there's a reason for that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I'm not arguing that Black Bolt isn't incredibly powerful. Heck, he tore apart the fabric of reality when Reed was running experiments on his voice in a non-classic scan. My main point was that World Breaker Hulk should have the power and, presumably, the durability to tangle with him even when he screams.

#146 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@dredeuced said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I'm not arguing that Black Bolt isn't incredibly powerful. Heck, he tore apart the fabric of reality when Reed was running experiments on his voice in a non-classic scan. My main point was that World Breaker Hulk should have the power and, presumably, the durability to tangle with him even when he screams.

I'm not stating he couldn't win. I'm just saying that if the two were in their normal mindsets, the Worldbreaker (who was pretty mindless) would probably wound up blown into space by Black Bolts. He's smart enough to know how to win his battles, and has a good track record because of it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#147 Edited by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Hulk beat Black Bolt? Of course he could!

Would he take a majority? depends on the version of Hulk and if Black Bolt is fighting in character.

I think Boltagon (sp?) is under-rated, though.

#148 Edited by dondave (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#149 Posted by Clark_EL (2381 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Posted by tparks (4317 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it dumb that Hulk can beat Black Bolt? Yep. Do I love it? Yep.

I love that the Hulk has been made into a character that has unlimited rage and unlimited power. I hope it is pushed further. I want to see the Hulk pummel Galactus into submission!

Ok, so pummeling Galactus is a stretch. But I do like how Hulk is a character who can have a good match up with just about every character in the Marvel roster depending on his rage level. One day, he might lose to Wolverine, the next he is knocking out Black Bolt. I don't think it should happen on a regular basis. Most issues, his strength should be baseline or just above. When there is a huge Marvel event that drives Hulk crazy, it's cool to see him turn into a completely different Hulk.

I completely understand why people disagree though. Specially if your a big fan of a character that Hulk turns into a jobber.