• 114 results
#1 Edited by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr the God Butcher vs. the New-52 JLA.

JLA have one day prep, Gorr is at full power.

Could he do it?

-----------------------

For the rest of my battles, click here!

#2 Posted by Dratini1331 (6980 posts) - - Show Bio

Dunno, but I want to side on the 'Yes' part, considering n52 JL had trouble with Darkseid and is lacking the heavy hitting MMH, Hal's shields have taken a nerf, and Barry hasn't displayed super crazy God Speed yet AFAIK, though I haven't read as much as I would've liked of n52, and still can't get my hands on Marvel Now or the newest DC comics.

#3 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep

#4 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5157 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#5 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course.

#6 Edited by Wolverine08 (38622 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#7 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.

#8 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by darkbeam (2093 posts) - - Show Bio

No.Gorr can't solo

#10 Posted by DevilMayRaven (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol the main members of the Justice League together are sadly not as strong as most of the characters in the DC Universe

#11 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#12 Edited by czarny_samael666 (16959 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he can.

#13 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Cooldes (3925 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by thanosii (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol to who says no

#16 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by NeonPheonix (649 posts) - - Show Bio

They might be able to handle this, with the prep and there's seven of them, Superman, WW, Gl,

#18 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: @nerdork: @cooldes: @thanosii: Is he really that strong? Jesus.

Between tanking hits that leveled the adjacent planets and KOing three Thor's at once using star-sized attacks (by the looks of it) with his weapon - it comes down to 'what can the League do?' The character spent centuries of his time just tormenting an All-father Thor as he enslaved the pantheons across the universe to build his bomb. The All-Black the Necrosword is a pretty absurd weapon.

Although to be fair in regards to the beat-down he gave the Thor's - he did amp his weapon off the gods he slaughtered during the fight.

#19 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr is durable & by comparison of how he was handling multiple Thors he's at lest a strong as Thor. But he has no reaction speed or any counter to BFR. So with BFR JL should win 8/10.

#20 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16959 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr is durable & by comparison of how he was handling multiple Thors he's at lest a strong as Thor. But he has no ration speed or any counter to BFR. So with BFR JL should win 8/10.

To kill these gods he had to travel between planets and dimensions, I don't see how BFR can help them. And speed would be usefull is they would be able to strike him harder than young Thor (wormhole) or Old King Thor (strike someone so strong that he will fly at 30,000,00 FTL speed).

#21 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity said:

Gorr is durable & by comparison of how he was handling multiple Thors he's at lest a strong as Thor. But he has no ration speed or any counter to BFR. So with BFR JL should win 8/10.

To kill these gods he had to travel between planets and dimensions, I don't see how BFR can help them. And speed would be usefull is they would be able to strike him harder than young Thor (wormhole) or Old King Thor (strike someone so strong that he will fly at 30,000,00 FTL speed).

A combination of off screen & prep.

But I don't disagree on durability.

#22 Edited by patrat18 (8802 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii: Nobody who said yes explained why.

#23 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity said:

Gorr is durable & by comparison of how he was handling multiple Thors he's at lest a strong as Thor. But he has no reaction speed or any counter to BFR. So with BFR JL should win 8/10.

Gorr BFRed himself to avoid Young Thor cleaving his head off and spent centuries sending Beserker's into Asgard to torment an All-Father Thor - why will BFR work here at all when it's clear he could just return? It's clear he has access to interstellar space travel, teleportation and even his weapon created a wormhole to drown Present / Old Thor.

#24 Edited by czarny_samael666 (16959 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@mr_ingenuity said:

A combination of off screen & prep.

But I don't disagree on durability.

I am not sure if I understand it correctly...

@patrat18 said:

@thanosii: Nobody who said yes explained why.

isaac_clarke did.

Anyway:

Taking punch that put him into wormhole, killing god that was toying with black holes for fun (off panel), creating an army, from which each member was a worthy opponent for Thor, surviving shot that shoot him so fast that he moved light years in seconds (30,000,000 times FTL) and cracked the moon on which he landed, taking Old King Thor's shot that put all of them in star and making attack that was changing star and KOd three Thor's at once.

#25 Posted by MumblesOneTwo (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, 8/10 in favour to Gorr.

#26 Edited by patrat18 (8802 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: This is not a good matchup whatsoever we don't know how Gorr would react to sertain things like Phasing,heat vision that's hotter than the suns core, Aquaman or WW's weapons which could very well decapitate him, green lantern can make black holes if i remember correctly. Just because he beat 3 brutes with lightning does not mean he could beat 7 superheroes with different powers. We don't even know his weakness is, take Malekith for instance he is a very powerful elf but his weakness is iron.

#27 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: @isaac_clarke: From memory his ability to travel to kill Elder Gods and get into Asgard was done with prep. FTL travel is a given. Although I'm have a vague recollection of him escaping Young Thor so there are some instances I'm missing.

#28 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16959 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@czarny_samael666: This is not a good matchup whatsoever we don't know how Gorr would react to sertain things like Phasing,heat vision that's hotter than the suns core, Aquaman or WW's weapons which could very well decapitate him, green lantern can make black holes if i remember correctly. Just because he beat 3 brutes with lightning does not mean he could beat 7 superheroes with different powers. We don't even know his weakness is, take Malekith for instance he is a very powerful elf but his weakness is iron.

1.If he didn't show any weakness, You can't assume he has any.

2.King Thor after win throw this dark matter into black hole, yet he didn't try that with Gorr himself. It wouldn't kill him and he still was able to reach other dimensions.

3.Phasing? It is pretty useless IMO.

4.Superman's HV is as hot as star, Gorr wasn't hurt by star's heat at all.

5.Thor didn't kill him with axe that killed Celestials, what chance WW and Aquaman have?

#29 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

1.If he didn't show any weakness, You can't assume he has any.

2.King Thor after win throw this dark matter into black hole, yet he didn't try that with Gorr himself. It wouldn't kill him and he still was able to reach other dimensions.

3.Phasing? It is pretty useless IMO.

4.Superman's HV is as hot as star, Gorr wasn't hurt by star's heat at all.

5.Thor didn't kill him with axe that killed Celestials, what chance WW and Aquaman have?

At that time it didn't have that power

#30 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course.

#31 Posted by homicidalmaniac (6702 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: @isaac_clarke: From memory his ability to travel to kill Elder Gods and get into Asgard was done with prep. FTL travel is a given. Although I'm have a vague recollection of him escaping Young Thor so there are some instances I'm missing.

He needed prep to travel fourteen billion years into the past to find an Elder God to kill - that's not his normal method of travel.

Gorr refused to die and his weapon BFRed him out.

#33 Posted by darkbeam (2093 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: I just think that the combined strength of Superman,Wonder Woman,Flash,Aquaman,and Green Lantern can get it done.

#34 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: Well I applaud you on reversing my decision.

Gorr 7/10 ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

#35 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr butchers the JL

#36 Posted by homicidalmaniac (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkbeam: Gorr took on Three Thors at the same time(Young Thor,Current Thor,and King Thor)and Gorr won.Current Thor would beat N52 Superman in a 8/10 fight and Thor would stomp on Aquaman.And King Thor was on Skyfather level.

#37 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16959 posts) - - Show Bio

Prep or not - he escaped from his dying planet, just with power he had. I am not going to lie to You - I don't remember if it was shon or not how he traveled from there, but if he could reach all the places he reached (let alone Elder God, since we know what he used to do that), he has to have teleportation abilities.

#38 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7174 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by patrat18 (8802 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: He was still getting hurt by the axe. All you are doing is assuming that these powers will not affect him last time i checked Gorr has a heat phasing would be just fine

#40 Posted by patrat18 (8802 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkbeam: Gorr took on Three Thors at the same time(Young Thor,Current Thor,and King Thor)and Gorr won.Current Thor would beat N52 Superman in a 8/10 fight and Thor would stomp on Aquaman.And King Thor was on Skyfather level.

After seeing what Sentry did to him I highly doubt it.

#41 Posted by darkbeam (2093 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@homicidalmaniac said:

So New 52 Superman would tear his face in half and blast Thor with his death-powers for the KO? Oh wait. The fight between the Sentry and Thor is not an indication of what New 52 Superman would do in the same position because Superman doesn't have the Sentry's power set - he can't stop Mjolnir tosses mid air or bullrush opponents interstellar distances at speeds they have issues reacting to.

#43 Posted by patrat18 (8802 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@homicidalmaniac said:

So New 52 Superman would tear his face in half and blast Thor with his death-powers for the KO? Oh wait. The fight between the Sentry and Thor is not an indication of what New 52 Superman would do in the same position because Superman doesn't have the Sentry's power set - he can't stop Mjolnir tosses mid air or bullrush opponents interstellar distances at speeds they have issues reacting to.

How did you deduct that.

#44 Posted by homicidalmaniac (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Death Seed Sentry would beat N52 Superman too

#45 Posted by RetconCrisis (3340 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52, yes. Pre 52, no way. But because this is N52, yes, he can solo.

#46 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@isaac_clarke
said:

@patrat18 said:

@homicidalmaniac said:

How did you deduct that.

Because New 52 Superman hasn't done anything like that? You're making an assumption that he's going to make the list of a handful of characters that have stopped Mjolnir tosses mid air and the even shorter list (one person) that has bullrushed Thor interstellar distances fast enough to keep him off his game. If you have scans where New 52 Superman shows that kind of ability - they could have proven very useful in the last Thor vs New 52 Superman debate.

@patrat18: Death Seed Sentry would beat N52 Superman too

Effortlessly given his showing against Thor.

#47 Posted by patrat18 (8802 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: That is not the point i am trying to make he couldn't even call on his hammer. Superman has that speed, superman can hit Thor plenty of times before he even gets his hammer back.

#48 Posted by homicidalmaniac (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: I don't recall N52 Superman ever speed blitzing

#49 Posted by patrat18 (8802 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

He can, but as of late, the Team has shown some pretty impressive feats that can take him down... Especially Barry.