• 88 results
#51 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

On top of that, Cosmic Spiderman was no where near the Surfer's level of power. Silver Surfer wouldn't have had trouble with the flippin Tri Sentinel that couldn't even destroy Manhattan by himself. He lost his powers because he had to expend all of it to beat the Tri Sentinel.

He lost them due to the way the powers work ... not because he had to expand it ... the power was given to him to stop the tri-sentinel .. he stopped it so powers went bye bye.

It doesn't matter what Captain Universes powers are, the fact is Cosmic Spiderman struggled with characters that Superman would kill in a fraction of a second. Cosmic Spiderman had no feats that would suggest he can survive more then an instant in this fight.

Considering cosmic spiderman is infused w/ the Uni-power he IS captain universe while he has the power so I believe that it would matter a great deal on what his powers are ... sure spiderman didn't show feats but he is infused with captain universes powers thus becomes captain universe for a time.

Next time bring feats, but I know you won't be able to, I've read every appearance of this character and he's no where near Superman's level let alone Silver Surfer. The reason why people are voting for Superman is because he's the obvious winner, Cosmic Spidey didn't do anything to suggest otherwise.

I am not sure why you wrote this as I stated I had no feats but was making a statement on how the cosmic powers work and why I think spiderman wins. This thread might as well be written Captain Universe vs superman ... but alas it can't be due to the fact that amount of power granted is based on the will and creativity of the user.

I THINK spiderman would be able to beat superman considering he is a diluted Captain Universe. With that much power I just believe, but again must point out that I can't prove, cosmic spiderman curb stomps superman because I think he would be able to tap into at least 80% of Capt. Universes powers which is enough to beat superman IMO.

#52 Edited by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008:

He lost them due to the way the powers work ... not because he had to expand it ... the power was given to him to stop the tri-sentinel .. he stopped it so powers went bye bye.

Irrelevant, because he still had to use the full extent of his power to stop the Tri sentinel.

Considering cosmic spiderman is infused w/ the Uni-power he IS captain universe while he has the power so I believe that it would matter a great deal on what his powers are ... sure spiderman didn't show feats but he is infused with captain universes powers thus becomes captain universe for a time.

Right, then I guess Captain Universe must be weak also since Spidey still had to use his full power to stop the Tri Sentinel...

I am not sure why you wrote this as I stated I had no feats but was making a statement on how the cosmic powers work and why I think spiderman wins. This thread might as well be written Captain Universe vs superman ... but alas it can't be due to the fact that amount of power granted is based on the will and creativity of the user.

I THINK spiderman would be able to beat superman considering he is a diluted Captain Universe. With that much power I just believe, but again must point out that I can't prove, cosmic spiderman curb stomps superman because I think he would be able to tap into at least 80% of Capt. Universes powers which is enough to beat superman IMO.

Then what are you basing your argument off of? You make it sound like Cosmic Spiderman or even Captain Universe is some Silver Surfer level, you even stated earlier that Cosmic Spiderman was much more powerful than Silver Surfer which is BS, then you compared him to Cosmic Aunt May even though the Uni Power and PC are completely different. What exactly has Cosmic Spiderman or even Captain Universe done to warrant a win?

#53 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@sandiego008:

Irrelevant, because he still had to use the full extent of his power to stop the Tri sentinel.

Right, then I guess Captain Universe must be weak also since Spidey still had to use his full power to stop the Tri Sentinel...

Then what are you basing your argument off of? You make it sound like Cosmic Spiderman or even Captain Universe is some Silver Surfer level, you even stated earlier that Cosmic Spiderman was much more powerful than Silver Surfer which is BS, then you compared him to Cosmic Aunt May even though the Uni Power and PC are completely different. What exactly has Cosmic Spiderman or even Captain Universe done to warrant a win?

Sandiego tends have no idea what he is talking about.

#54 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: After doing some research I "think" I had my timeline wrongs ... cosmic spiderman might lose. Using the original Captain Universe or the current captain universe he would win against superman (I'm not sure what captain universe had control of spiderman original, depowered one ... or one that was saved by marvel heroes).

Current captain universe has powers of surfer, gladiator, spiderman, daredevil, hulk, invisible woman ... just to name some ... been so long I forgot about this crap.

Original was much much stronger ...

Also, you have to note spiderman was a 'weaker' version because captain universe only gives enough power to do the task it wants you to do. It has only given enough power for someone to prevent a plane crash before ... which certainly isn't enough to take out the tri-sentinals.

Another example of above .. he possessed a school teacher to take out school bullies ... yes .. it is true ... she wasn't given hulk powers but was given enough to win.

Again I want to stress you are given enough power to complete the task captain universe wants you to complete ... nothing more. Thus no big upgrades on spiderman.

When I posted I assumed superman was the problem that captain universe wanted to solve and Capt. universe would give him sufficient power to do so .. thus he would get major amped. I also assumed it was current Captain Universe which is isn't.

You can pretty much get any and every power set available when you become captain universe since you are literally this guys guardian .. thus the resemblance in look. (not directly related guardian but figuratively speaking).

@PikminMania said:

@Dex_Starr said:

Not nice. And IMO Captain Universe really isn't a cut / paste character ... heck he isn't even a person he is a force and is all over the darn board, but from what I've read but ... the force > superman IMO.

#55 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008: Spider-man was not Captain Universe. Now technically he was, but he was never as powerful as one. Sorry for being a grouch.

#56 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania said:

@sandiego008: Spider-man was not Captain Universe. Now technically he was, but he was never as powerful as one. Sorry for being a grouch.

He did not have full captain universes powers, I definitely agree, as he was only granted enough power to defeat the tri-sentinals, but like you said he was technically him just not at his full strength for sure. Thus, based on how confusing it is for me to follow him ... I actually think spiderman loses here assuming two circumstances. :

A) Captain universe doesn't consider superman the threat (or in the way of him completing his mission) so it wouldn't give spiderman the power to win. B) (This isn't something I really know but ... I'm not even sure if it can be proven .. ), Captain universes powers obviously has problems in the future as it had to take powers from gladiator and silver surfer to survive since it is from another universe ... was it on the decline when spiderman had it ???? I have no idea. If it was and depending on decline ... he might not be able to give spiderman enough power to win, otherwise I still think he wins.

#57 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008 said:

@PikminMania said:

He did not have full captain universes powers, I definitely agree, as he was only granted enough power to defeat the tri-sentinals, but like you said he was technically him just not at his full strength for sure. Thus, based on how confusing it is for me to follow him ... I actually think spiderman loses here assuming two circumstances. :

A) Captain universe doesn't consider superman the threat (or in the way of him completing his mission) so it wouldn't give spiderman the power to win. B) (This isn't something I really know but ... I'm not even sure if it can be proven .. ), Captain universes powers obviously has problems in the future as it had to take powers from gladiator and silver surfer to survive since it is from another universe ... was it on the decline when spiderman had it ???? I have no idea. If it was and depending on decline ... he might not be able to give spiderman enough power to win, otherwise I still think he wins.

I don't know what you mean by decline. I know how Spidey got the power, by taking part in another freak accident, which gave him the power to stalemate Magneto and lose to Quasar.

#58 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@sandiego008:

I think maybe there was just a misunderstanding, I'm not going to hold it against him because I make my fair share of mistakes as well.

#59 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania: Basically captain universe came from another universe ... he was badass ... he gave people powers to do things to save eternity/universe including spiderman ... later he we find out he has a virus and is losing his powers so he starts latching on to characters to heal himself ... thus gaining hulk, silver surfer, invisible woman, dare devil, etc. powers.

Point: I have no idea if his powers were declining when spiderman got them ... it was never mentioned but ... it would make sense.

#60 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Sups mega stomps

Agreed

#61 Posted by eagerbuttermilk (452 posts) - - Show Bio

superman

#62 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12174 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Petey still has 0% feats to compare to Clark's ....... Kent wins again ....

#63 Posted by cliffrice (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic awareness + the memories and skill of EVERY previous captain universe + Matter manipulation puts victory in the realm of possibility.

#64 Edited by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

Sue Storm with the uni power was more than a match for Gladiator in a meelee fight and she has the physicality of a normal woman. I do not see why Spider-man would have trouble going toe to toe with Superman considering Peter's physicality is beyond that of Sue's. Plus it's quite a safe bet Cosmic Spidey's energy attacks > Superman's energy attacks.

Agreed. Cosmic Spidey, ftw.

@cliffrice said:

Cosmic awareness + the memories and skill of EVERY previous captain universe + Matter manipulation puts victory in the realm of possibility.

I agree. Cosmic Spider-Man would rise to the level of his threat and defeat Superman.

#65 Posted by Hyperlight (5822 posts) - - Show Bio

if peter can utilize the uni power properly he could be superior in nearly every way.

#66 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (590 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey had all the power cosmic that put him near galactus how ever that was 1. a what if? comic and 2. he has less experience with that amount of power and wont kill... sups wins but its close

#67 Edited by Experio (15960 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark.

#68 Edited by Ferocious (1 posts) - - Show Bio

"Did You Know: With his cosmic powers, Spider-Man was the strongest super hero in the Marvel Universe!" That ends the Silver Surfer vs Spider-Man debate. Both are powerful, but Cosmic Spider-Man would completely and utterly dominate and destroy Super-Man. That is there in clear print to read. Also read that 'What If Cosmic Spider-Man Had Kept His Cosmic Powers?' comic book. He obliterated everyone, including Silver Surfer. But let's make believe that comic doesn't exist, read the 'Did You Know' on the back of the Cosmic Spider-Man card again --- straight from the words of Marvel.

You may not think it's a big deal how he handled Grey Hulk, however he did punch him so hard that Hulk flew into orbit and Spider-Man went up to rescue him. Superman is not one-punching any hulk into orbit. End of story. You can stand on your head and reply Superman all you like, that doesn't change the fact of just how powerful Cosmic Spider-Man was. You add those powers, with someone like Spider-Man who fights enemies much stronger than him all the time, and you get an unstoppable force as again, is clear by that "Did You Know" fact listed by Marvel on the back of that card pictured above.

#69 Posted by Bones309 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Problem Spidey has is he wasn't very skilled with the powers he had. He was just learning and adjusting to them when he lost them. He could just web Superman up and turn it into adamantium or something but likely Superman will win simply by being far more experienced with his powers.

#70 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Spidey.

#71 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4458 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by SlimJ87D (9911 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Spider-Man can win this if the task at hand is to defeat Superman. People don't understand how the powers work. They give you the power to perform the task at hand. If he is tasked to defeat Superman, then he can become amplified to levels far above Superman.

A normal human was given the power to wreck Juggernaut into acoma. Another normal human was given the power to confront beings who were giving Hulk, Thor and Hyperion trouble. In other words, a normal human with the Captain Universe powers could defeat Superman most likely.

#73 Posted by jashro44 (21614 posts) - - Show Bio

superman based on feats, spider-man based on potential.

@the_titan_lord: Yea... Right.

Pretty sure that was an amped superman.

#74 Edited by leonkarlen123 (4458 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

superman based on feats, spider-man based on potential.

@leonkarlen123 said:

@the_titan_lord: Yea... Right.

Pretty sure that was an amped superman.

Give me the best Cosmic Spidy showing

#75 Posted by jashro44 (21614 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by TheOneAboveAll987 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Im pretty sure spiderman could win this one, i think that his powers may be slightly better than them of superman in this case and being the 'strongest super hero in the marvel universe' must give him a good chance.

#77 Edited by leonkarlen123 (4458 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Potential? He is an lousy fighter imo, grey hulk is nothing to the real green hulk

#78 Posted by jashro44 (21614 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Potential? He is an lousy fighter imo, grey hulk is nothing to the real green hulk

I don't think you know what potential means. When I say spider-mans wins in potential I mean this:

@slimj87d said:

Cosmic Spider-Man can win this if the task at hand is to defeat Superman. People don't understand how the powers work. They give you the power to perform the task at hand. If he is tasked to defeat Superman, then he can become amplified to levels far above Superman.

A normal human was given the power to wreck Juggernaut into acoma. Another normal human was given the power to confront beings who were giving Hulk, Thor and Hyperion trouble. In other words, a normal human with the Captain Universe powers could defeat Superman most likely.

Peter never did show the feats to take superman.....He could win but there is no evidence with spider-man directly to prove that. So Clark wins due to better feats.

#79 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4458 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Ok sorry for the missunderstanding

#80 Posted by jashro44 (21614 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by Experio (15960 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark

#82 Edited by the_last_kryptonian (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

"Did You Know: With his cosmic powers, Spider-Man was the strongest super hero in the Marvel Universe!" That ends the Silver Surfer vs Spider-Man debate. Both are powerful, but Cosmic Spider-Man would completely and utterly dominate and destroy Super-Man. That is there in clear print to read. Also read that 'What If Cosmic Spider-Man Had Kept His Cosmic Powers?' comic book. He obliterated everyone, including Silver Surfer. But let's make believe that comic doesn't exist, read the 'Did You Know' on the back of the Cosmic Spider-Man card again --- straight from the words of Marvel.

You may not think it's a big deal how he handled Grey Hulk, however he did punch him so hard that Hulk flew into orbit and Spider-Man went up to rescue him. Superman is not one-punching any hulk into orbit. End of story. You can stand on your head and reply Superman all you like, that doesn't change the fact of just how powerful Cosmic Spider-Man was. You add those powers, with someone like Spider-Man who fights enemies much stronger than him all the time, and you get an unstoppable force as again, is clear by that "Did You Know" fact listed by Marvel on the back of that card pictured above.

I'm really surprised. Even though you posted that, people still don't think Spidey takes this.

I mean, what's Stopping Spidey from simply emitting Red Sun radiation from his body and going to town on Superman?

#83 Edited by BEYONDERGOD (818 posts) - - Show Bio

Godstomp for superman

#84 Edited by the_last_kryptonian (1524 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Posted by Redmonkeyssj4 (842 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_kryptonian: Never thought of that, so essentially SS, or any cosmic being with the power could do that. Or any Phoenix Force being.

#86 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

@redmonkeyssj4: Pretty much. Which is why claims of Superman beating Silver Surfer, or anyone with the power cosmic is inaccurate. I love Supes, don't get me wrong, but logic has to come into play. And logically, anyone with cosmic awareness would know his weakness and exploit it, via red sun generation.

#87 Edited by Nefelpitou (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Spider-man doesn't have the same level of feats as Superman does. Yes, he did punch the Grey Hulk into orbit, but he did struggle against opponents like the Tri-Sentinel and Dragon Man. Opponents that are nowhere near Superman's level. However, I don't think this is due to a lack of power. I think Peter Parker just didn't know how to use a cosmic power source properly. And that he wouldn't use such a source too much.

I've just finished reading the Cosmic Spiderman Saga and it is clear that Peter Parker struggled with having the Uni-Power. His Spider-Sense was giving him migraines and was going off 24/7. Even though he could fly, he preferred to sling webs. He almost gave up being Spider-man due to the extent of his powers (eg. that he could wish for things to happen and they would). He psychologically could not cope with having too much power,

That being said, the power that Peter Parker had access to was stated by Doctor Doom to be in excess of that of the Silver Surfer. Doom used a robot called T.E.S.S.- One to fight Spider-Man. The robot was destroyed by one of Spider-Man's energy blasts. Doom later stated that the robot absorbed some of the energy blast. Doom also said that, if he was able to harness that energy from the robot, it would result in "transcendence to a state of power greater than that which I once stole from the Silver Surfer." This kind of ties in with how Spider-Man was (at that time) the strongest hero in the Marvel Universe.

So power-wise, Cosmic Spider-Man seems to have more than enough to draw upon to be able to defeat Superman. What I'm not so sure of is if Peter Parker is capable of truly using that much energy effectively enough to beat Superman. Unless Pete is able to overcome his psychological limitations, I can't see him beating Superman.

#88 Posted by 106me (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Spider-Man should theoretically cream Superman. However, due to feats, Superman wins.