• 88 results
#1 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cosmic Spider-Man can hold his own but not sure of the victor.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont think Cosmic Spider Man wins here... unless there is some evidence that he can travel near light speed and has 900 million tons level strength
#4 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

No way. He may have been stronger than the Grey Hulk (which wasn't that hard) but still no where near Superman's level.

#5 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

He does have other powers besides the strenght and speed.  I'll check if he has light speed.

#6 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"He does have other powers besides the strenght and speed.  I'll check if he has light speed."

He does and they are great but it doesn't put the weilder on herald levels and they would need to be on the Surfer's level to take out Supes.
#7 Posted by New Venom (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Spider-man can win.I Mean Seeing villains beat both of them they make it seem so easy!

#8 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
New Venom said:
"I think Spider-man can win.I Mean Seeing villains beat both of them they make it seem so easy!"

thats was an un fanboyish answer...........thumbs up ^^
#9 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"He does have other powers besides the strenght and speed.  I'll check if he has light speed."

He does and they are great but it doesn't put the weilder on herald levels and they would need to be on the Surfer's level to take out Supes."
I think he is more powerful than a Harold, here are his powers in the Spider-Man handbook:

• Flight (Near Lightspeed)
  • Near Infinite Strength
  • Alteration of Molecular Structures
  • Invulnerability
  • Blasts of Cosmic Energy
  • Telescopic Vision

It also says that when Spider-Man was endowed with these abilities he was the most powerful man in the Universe.

#10 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Alpha said:
"Mr. Wilson said:

He does and they are great but it doesn't put the weilder on herald levels and they would need to be on the Surfer's level to take out Supes."
I think he is more powerful than a Harold, here are his powers in the Spider-Man handbook:

• Near Infinite Strength
  • Invulnerability
  • Telescopic Vision

It also says that when Spider-Man was endowed with these abilities he was the most powerful man in the Universe.

"
Didn't Gladiator beat someone endowed witht he power?
#11 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Alpha said:
"Mr. Wilson said:

• Near Infinite Strength
  • Invulnerability
  • Telescopic Vision

"
Didn't Gladiator beat someone endowed witht he power?"

Doesn't matter, Spider-man was the most powerful person at the moment..

I'm not entirely sure if Gladiator did or not.
#12 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Alpha said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Alpha said:
"Mr. Wilson said:

• Near Infinite Strength
  • Invulnerability
  • Telescopic Vision

"

I'm not entirely sure if Gladiator did or not."
I will check. If it's true, Spiderman being the most powerful or not (which I doubt since the Hulk had the power once as well, as did the Invisible  Woman) his power wouldn't be that much greater that the one beaten by Gladiator. And Gladiator would stand a chnace against Superman (this is the census here on the vine).
#13 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Alpha said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Alpha said:
"Mr. Wilson said:

• Near Infinite Strength
  • Invulnerability
  • Telescopic Vision

"

I'm not entirely sure if Gladiator did or not."
I will check. If it's true, Spiderman being the most powerful or not (which I doubt since the Hulk had the power once as well, as did the Invisible  Woman) his power wouldn't be that much greater that the one beaten by Gladiator. And Gladiator would stand a chnace against Superman (this is the census here on the vine)."
Well then my handbook must be lying..... not.  Go pick it up at a comic shop if you don't believe me.
#14 Posted by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio

Sue Storm with the uni power was more than a match for Gladiator in a meelee fight and she has the physicality of a normal woman. I do not see why Spider-man would have trouble going toe to toe with Superman considering Peter's physicality is beyond that of Sue's. Plus it's quite a safe bet Cosmic Spidey's energy attacks > Superman's energy attacks.

#15 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#16 Posted by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if he had molecular control and I think the power of cosmic grants cosmic awareness right? Then this fight is very similar to SS vs Superman which most agree SS > Superman.

#17 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4580 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPERMAN CANT LOSE... FANBOYS WONT ALLOW IT..

SUPERMAN CAN PICK UP ISLANDS OF KRYPTONITE(even tho thats one of his only weaknesses)
SUPERMAN CAN MOVE PLANETS
SUPERMAN IS BETTER THAN The ONE_ABOVE_ALL

#18 Posted by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One said:
" SUPERMAN CANT LOSE... FANBOYS WONT ALLOW IT..  SUPERMAN CAN PICK UP ISLANDS OF KRYPTONITE(even tho thats one of his only weaknesses) SUPERMAN CAN MOVE PLANETS SUPERMAN IS BETTER THAN The ONE_ABOVE_ALL   "
Better than the one above all? Dude you're just being a SuperTroll Yung, and I'm not trying to insult you either.
#19 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman will take this, Cosmic Spidey is cool and powerful but then again so is The Man of Steel...

#20 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One said:
" SUPERMAN CANT LOSE... FANBOYS WONT ALLOW IT..  SUPERMAN CAN PICK UP ISLANDS OF KRYPTONITE(even tho thats one of his only weaknesses) SUPERMAN CAN MOVE PLANETS SUPERMAN IS BETTER THAN The ONE_ABOVE_ALL   "
I can't help but feel that you may have something against Superman.
#21 Posted by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio
@MKF30 said:
"

Superman will take this, Cosmic Spidey is cool and powerful but then again so is The Man of Steel...

"
I read this from Captain Universe:

Powers

Captain Universe's powers and power levels vary from partner to partner, presumably to meet the demands of the job at hand. The Uni-Power also enhances the powers and abilities of a host who already has such powers and abilities. Powers that remain relatively constant include:

• Uni-Vision: a sort of cosmic consciousness. Captain Universe can sense things on a subatomic level or at great distances. This power can also force someone to tell the truth.
  • Matter/Energy Manipulation: Captain Universe can divert an energy flow in a different direction or convert it into a different type of energy. Diverting the flow of gravitons, for example, allows flight. Captain Universe can also change matter at the atomic level, for instance, to transmute one substance into another or to change an object's shape.
  • The costume (or the Uni-Power itself) protects against extremes in temperature.

So lets say Spider-man had cosmic awareness that would mean he wold know Superman's two biggest weaknesses. Kryptonite and Red Sun radiation. If he forced both on Superman at the same time and with his strength and powers would Superman still come out victorious? And how?
#22 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, there's also the counter case....Superman you think would give him that chance and not do something before that? Supes is very, very fast you know lol Besides, not saying Superman would own him but Superman has defeated and fought people far more powerful then him before. Just saying.

#23 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4580 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: Not really... supes is ok... Fanboys jus ruined him for me thats all 

@SlimJ87D:  i was being sarcastic
#24 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One said:
" @Decoy Elite: Not really... supes is ok... Fanboys jus ruined him for me thats all 

@SlimJ87D:  i was being sarcastic "
You're mad about the Spiderman vs Superman thread? I saw you posting similar stuff their.
#25 Posted by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One said:
" @Decoy Elite: Not really... supes is ok... Fanboys jus ruined him for me thats all 

@SlimJ87D:  i was being sarcastic "
Oh. I thought you were serious. But yeah I agree that a lot of people (many that aren't here of course) are hardcore Superman fanboys that vote for him even if he was against the one above all.
#26 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

TTOA is a bit much for anyone except The Presence lol ^

#27 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4580 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: Not mad... jus annoyed... with battles... im weird/stupid that i get annoyed with something... and i have to be a smart-ass every time i see something... annoying.
 Any battle created where the user who created it... has no plans of seeing a actual battle is annoying... if u post a battle where the winner is obvious... then that battle is a stupid post... IMO... or battles where its clearly not allowed to be debatable is stupid...
 Spider-Man vs Superman... common... why dont u put Logan vs Galactus... its clearly not even a battle...
i would have accepted Spider-Man vs Superman if...

people would accept the idea of Kryptonite being used... as a weapon…. Or as way to actually beat The Great Superman…. Problem is…. Superman cant be beaten…. Its pretty annoying for me…. If he cant lose then why post a “battle” if its clearly not a battle if one fighter cannot be defeated…. Imo….. its jus annoying is all….

Back in the day….. superman was jus a strong guy that could fly…. Then he got heat vision…. Then Super breath…. Then Everything got elevated to a GOD status…… he can travel threw micro seconds…. He can move planets…… and now….. he has super intelligence….. its jus gotten annoying for me….. that’s all

#28 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One: Well, that's more a writer thing. Superman has been buffed up and pushed down plenty of times. He's gone from where the mere sight of Kryptonite defeats him to the point where he can easily resist it and everywhere in between. Overall at this point in time he can face off against someone using Kryptonite, as seen when he faces Villains  who use Kryptonite. Depends on the writer basically.
#29 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4580 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: I kno it depends on the writer thats why i find superman battles annoying... some people only read superman stories where hes Ultra powerful...
 and since Superman has been buffed up... and watered down... so many times then its basically... IMO... a unpredictable fight... depending on what superman they are talking about... Sentry can beat him... since Sentry can hear a butterfly in Africa flap its wings... and if u read Moon Knight Vengeance.... u can clearly see that Sentry is as powerful as a Watered down Superman... but fanboys dont see that... they jus see Moving Planets Superman... and Lifting Kryptonite Island Superman... 

once a tiny peace could destroy him... but then he can survive a battle with a robot with a Kryptonite Heart…… same one that can shoot Kryptonite beams…… its jus annoying for me….. Superman cant be beat… so Again Why post a if not even planning to see a actual battle…. Whats the point?..... With comments like….. Kryptonite and a Red Sun Beam… wont be enough to be Superman(which are his only weaknesses)… Then whats the POINT?

even if they Put Sentry Vs Superman….. Galactus Vs Superman….. its always…. Oh Superman is WAY MORE Powerful…. So again Whats the Point?

#30 Posted by Goenitz (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#31 Posted by UnionJax (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man'd win!

He already, basically, won when it was just him.

Spider-Man wins, Superman loses!

#32 Posted by HolySerpent (12428 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman stomps

#33 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@UnionJax said:

Spider-Man'd win!

He already, basically, won when it was just him.

Spider-Man wins, Superman loses!

You mean that crossover? Didn't Spider-Man only stand a chance because of a plot devise?
#34 Posted by UnionJax (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: No, don't think so, at least.

Wasn't Spider-Man just strong enough to fend off Superman.

Also, i think he was driven by MJ, you know?

#35 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@UnionJax said:

Superman is colossally stronger than Spider-Man. There's no way he should be able to take him on at all without a plot devise. 
#36 Posted by UnionJax (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Love'll do crazy things to a man!

#37 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@Yung ANcient One said:

@SlimJ87D: i was being sarcastic "
Oh. I thought you were serious. But yeah I agree that a lot of people (many that aren't here of course) are hardcore Superman fanboys that vote for him even if he was against the one above all.

Recently people have been giving Spider-man a win no matter what and hating on Superman.

#38 Posted by jashro44 (19118 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
@UnionJax said:

Superman is colossally stronger than Spider-Man. There's no way he should be able to take him on at all without a plot devise. 
Spider-man had a suit that emitted red sun radiation and superman wasn't trying to fight.

I uploaded those scans in the spider-man respect thread. 

http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/29-1443/spider-man-respect-thread/92-19878/?page=8
#39 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44: Alright, thanks for the info. 
#40 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman takes this one.

#41 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#42 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@MKF30 said:
"

"
I read this from Captain Universe:

Powers

Captain Universe's powers and power levels vary from partner to partner, presumably to meet the demands of the job at hand. The Uni-Power also enhances the powers and abilities of a host who already has such powers and abilities. Powers that remain relatively constant include:

• Uni-Vision: a sort of cosmic consciousness. Captain Universe can sense things on a subatomic level or at great distances. This power can also force someone to tell the truth.
  • Matter/Energy Manipulation: Captain Universe can divert an energy flow in a different direction or convert it into a different type of energy. Diverting the flow of gravitons, for example, allows flight. Captain Universe can also change matter at the atomic level, for instance, to transmute one substance into another or to change an object's shape.
  • The costume (or the Uni-Power itself) protects against extremes in temperature.
So lets say Spider-man had cosmic awareness that would mean he wold know Superman's two biggest weaknesses. Kryptonite and Red Sun radiation. If he forced both on Superman at the same time and with his strength and powers would Superman still come out victorious? And how?

With what I bolded above ... he can basically ground superman and make him slow ... no way a slow grounded superman is winning ... lets get real here.

#43 Posted by MrDirector786 (43370 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#44 Posted by HolySerpent (12428 posts) - - Show Bio

Sups mega stomps

#45 Posted by termiteone4ever (6985 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider man not winning here

#46 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008 said:

So lets see, the guy who had to use all of his energy to stop the Tri Sentinel, the same sentinel that had to destroy a reactor just to destroy Manhattan, is going to beat Superman?

I...don't think so...

#47 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Wilson said:

Alpha said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"He does have other powers besides the strenght and speed. I'll check if he has light speed."

Do you mean this HAROLD?

#48 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@sandiego008 said:

So lets see, the guy who had to use all of his energy to stop the Tri Sentinel, the same sentinel that had to destroy a reactor just to destroy Manhattan, is going to beat Superman?

I...don't think so...

Cosmic (Aunt May, Spiderman, etc.) can EASILY become stronger than Silver Surfer ... and the power tends to give them the power they need to prevent a crisis, in this case the crisis would be supeman I guess. Cosmic Spiderman is well beyond Silver surfer in power ...

Also, power is based on Will ... and spiderman is a very very determined fighter ... he would own superman in this fight ... I actually think it is a spite against superman even though many are voting for him. But this is one of those threads where cosmic spiderman doesn't have enough feats for me to prove my point ... as his goal was to beat the tri - sentinel ... then he lost his powers so he doesn't have enough showings like superman so I can see why people believe superman to be the victor.

Based on what Captain Universes Powers are ... and the fact that the powers granted are nearly limitless strength, energy blasts, molecular control, and almost every other power one could want/need I believe cosmic Spiderman curb stomps.

#49 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008 said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@sandiego008 said:

I...don't think so...

Cosmic (Aunt May, Spiderman, etc.) can EASILY become stronger than Silver Surfer ... and the power tends to give them the power they need to prevent a crisis, in this case the crisis would be supeman I guess. Cosmic Spiderman is well beyond Silver surfer in power ...

Also, power is based on Will ... and spiderman is a very very determined fighter ... he would own superman in this fight ... I actually think it is a spite against superman even though many are voting for him. But this is one of those threads where cosmic spiderman doesn't have enough feats for me to prove my point ... as his goal was to beat the tri - sentinel ... then he lost his powers so he doesn't have enough showings like superman so I can see why people believe superman to be the victor.

Based on what Captain Universes Powers are ... and the fact that the powers granted are nearly limitless strength, energy blasts, molecular control, and almost every other power one could want/need I believe cosmic Spiderman curb stomps.

Cosmic Aunt May was powered by the Power Cosmic, Cosmic Spiderman wasn't, You're talking about 2 entirely different sources of power

On top of that, Cosmic Spiderman was no where near the Surfer's level of power. Silver Surfer wouldn't have had trouble with the flippin Tri Sentinel that couldn't even destroy Manhattan by himself. He lost his powers because he had to expend all of it to beat the Tri Sentinel.

It doesn't matter what Captain Universes powers are, the fact is Cosmic Spiderman struggled with characters that Superman would kill in a fraction of a second. Cosmic Spiderman had no feats that would suggest he can survive more then an instant in this fight.

Next time bring feats, but I know you won't be able to, I've read every appearance of this character and he's no where near Superman's level let alone Silver Surfer. The reason why people are voting for Superman is because he's the obvious winner, Cosmic Spidey didn't do anything to suggest otherwise.

#50 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure Superman is going to be quaking in feat =/