Cosmic entities vs. Supernatural beings

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb283632dba9
deactivated-5bb283632dba9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

• Which do you think will win doesn't necessarily have to be from any particular universe any one you want such as marvel's cosmics or dc cosmics. Also supernatural beings such as Ghost Rider, Spawn, Hellboy, Malebolgia, Violator, Mephisto, Satan, Lucifer Morningstar etc. Cosmics to me are space oriented such as cosmic energy, blackholes, stars, galaxies, time. Cosmic beings tend to be able to bend space and time. Supernatural beings are magical, mystic, demonic, ghostly, angelic, godly etc. To me supernatural have the upperhand because they have extremely powerful realtiy warping powers and are unpredictable and immortal. Though the cosmics show more of a purpose for the universe to exist and are more important so they cant die either because they are embodiments. Overall which do you like better and is more powerful, I think supernatural is in my opinion.
  •  

Cosmic beings examples:
- Parallax 
- Galactus 
- Living Tribunal 
- Beyonder 
- Anti-Monitor 
- Phoenix Force 
- Death 
- In-betweener 

Supernatural beings examples: 
- Mephisto 
- Satan 
- Lucifer Morningstar 
- Spectre 
- Malebolgia  
- Violator 
- Hellboy 
- Spawn 
- Ghost Rider 
-Vengeance 
- Man of Miracles  
- Etrigan 
- The Presence 
- Blackheart 
- Michael Demiurgos 

Cosmic powers: 
 Reality and time bending powers 
 Immortality due the fact of purpose 
 Cosmic energy manipulation 
 Universal manipulation  
 Dark matter and energy manipulation

Supernatural powers: 
Hellfire  
Divinity/Omnipotence
Illusion casting 
Hypnosis 
Telepathy 
Telekinesis 
Possession 
Shape-shifting 
Immortality   
Magic/Mystical 
Darkness manipulation  
Soul absorption

ssstarquin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ssstarquin

the presence??? solos dont u think.. if the one above all is included in cosmic entities..then its a draw..

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BMEZY

i think this is a little one sided... add in TOAA and eternity/infinity/oblivion/chaos king and then you might be working with someting
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By glforthewin

michael+lucifer= the presence. so thats essentially two of the presence. oh boy.

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Amazingoctus

I'm not gonna lie. I didn't read it. And then I saw "cosmic/supernatural beings examples" Are the characters listed the ones we are working with?
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wise Son
@Amazingoctus: I'm assuming since the OP listed then as examples they are just that,  examples. I think we're talking the whole spectrum of forces here,
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad

Are they really mutually exclusive?

Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Warcry80

Supernatural beings in a Stomp!
recordkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By recordkeeper
@Warcry80 said:

got that backwards, Cosmics Stomp this without dubt
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

If you are talking about the examples then Supernatural's win since they have the Presence and MoM. 
@recordkeeper: Well i was going to say that myself but, if I remember correctly Livivng Tribunal used magic agains Dr. Strange, before so that could qualify him as both cosmic and mystical, I always tought that the more powerfull beings like TOAA, Presence, MoM can't really qualify as Cosmic or Mystic since they, like the Living Tribunal, can probably use both.

Thepowercosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thepowercosmic

Even some   Supernatural being's have cosmic awareness  

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By m0ntyb0y

Michael Demiurgos could pretty much "unmake" anything he wanted to...but he always held back because of his noble character

the Presence placed in Michael "the fire that builds and breaks", the power to create and uncreate...Michael had "infinite power"  

Lucifer had the ability to shape/manipulate anything to his will...he had "infinite will"

Michael + Lucifer would be unstoppable IMO, especially in bloodlusted mode 

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Killemall

Well there is Presence on one side, beyonder on the other.. and unless this is pre-recton beyonder its Presence could pretty much solo everyone in a murderstromp..  
If its pre-recton beyonder with full powered LT they might have a chance against Presence in a solo batter.. else as stated everyone else is just finished! 

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Killemall
@m0ntyb0y: I get your point man, but still havent DC always treated Presence as pretty much the be and and end all.. yes Michael + Lucifer are super powerful but so are Living Tribunal and Beyonder. I still, personally think the presence of THE PRESENCE (hehe sound funny doesnt it) makes all the difference in the world man.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Killemall: just pointing out that Lucifer and Michael are pretty much omnipotent 

Lucifer can observe the births and deaths of entire multiverses in the blink of an eye

I know a lot of people on this site have a love affair with pre-retcon Beyonder, but I just don't think he's as epic as Lucy and Mike
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Boobster

How is Presence or Man of Miracle supernatural ?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Killemall
@m0ntyb0y: " I know a lot of people on this site have a love affair with pre-retcon Beyonder" well i am one of them.. well i am not saying i have a love affair per se coz that would be creepy given he has by far the most ridiculous looking outfit ever. but the reason ppl regard him so highly was because he was stated to be above the combination of eternity, death, infinity, in-betweener, memphisto and The living tribunal put together despite the fact that he had used most of his powers creating a drink that could kill death.  

He then even converted a guy into lady death, which is a little sex transplant i think, but well u know what i mean.. 
 and i agree with u on Lucifer and Michael :) and u seem to agree with me that Presence would be able to counter their combined strength if not best the.  

So do we have an agreement?? :p 
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@recordkeeper said:
@Warcry80 said:
got that backwards, Cosmics Stomp this without dubt
you've got it backwardly backwards
if we discount the superme beings aka lt presence lucifer micheal the supernatural beings stomp
nebulas gave LT a hard time lol
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Killemall:  
yeah, 
another reason it's hard to compare Lucifer/Michael with Beyonder is because they're DC (Vertigo) and Marvel 
but Vertigo has 7 entities called "The Endless" (Death, Destiny, Dream, Destruction, Despair, Desire, Delirium), and Lucifer and Michael are above them... 
Lucifer and Michael answer only to the Presence, so yeah it's a tough call but I'm biased 
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Knightly1
@m0ntyb0y: @Killemall
Lucifer and Michael equal the Presensce in that, with the use of both of their powers, they are able to create and destroy anything they see(excluding other omnipotents, like MoM or the Presensce.) However, I'm not entirely sure they can be equal to them in all aspects, such as omnipresent and omniscient. A case can be made that, when combined they are truly omnipotent, they aren't inherently omnipotent. And, in all honesty, they don't really answer to the Presensce, he's just above them. However, he pretty much allowed them to do whatever they wanted because he planned on leaving creation anyways, which is why he gave Lucifer his own realm to rule over. Michael just happened to be the loyal child.

And, to the OP, many of the supernatural being you put up are cosmic entities as well. 
But, the supernatural team wins due to MoM, Presensce, Lucifer, and Michael. If you took out MoM and Presensce, this would either be stalemate or win for the cosmic team, as putting down Michael and Lucifer would be difficult, if not impossible.
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends on the specific characteristics of the beings in question. A lot of supernatural beings have random weaknesses that negate their overall effectiveness which are often based in the mythological lore that was in their background, while cosmic beings do not, for the most part, have any legitimate weakness.  

In general, I think cosmic beings are more powerful and can menace reality and the existence of the universe, while supernatural beings mainly warp reality and are bigger threats to street level teams. Just pointing out that cosmic beings can exhibit all of the powers listed in the Supernatural Powers section - hence there are Soul and Mind Gems among the Infinity Gauntlet, almost all of the comic beings exhibit telepathy and empathy on a much higher scale than any supernatural being, and they can do better than cast illusions - many cosmic beings are capable of creating life or the semblance of life out of nothing. 

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Killemall
@OblivionKnight@m0ntyb0y: Looks like its hard to pick aye!! regardless the universe wherever they fight is surely doomed. 
Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellboy <3

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Raw_Material

Cosmic Entities would stomp. The seven cosmic entities of the emotional spectrum will definitely find their host to possess and cause a lot of mayhem, Galatcus could jus swallow all of the supernaturals, and so on. There have been more events that occurred in which cosmic entities caused greater cataclysms throughout the universe in which they either succeed with ease or failed but not without disaster (The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall).

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@m0ntyb0y said:

Michael Demiurgos could pretty much "unmake" anything he wanted to...but he always held back because of his noble character

the Presence placed in Michael "the fire that builds and breaks", the power to create and uncreate...Michael had "infinite power"

Lucifer had the ability to shape/manipulate anything to his will...he had "infinite will"

But they would be killed by pre-retcon Beyonder.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Presence solo's. Man of Miracles solos.

Avatar image for lordshepherd123
LORDSHEPHERD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Presence solos

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@rhysdurden: You are quoting 6 year old post posted by a user who hasn't been active for more than 7 months. Not to mention that you bumped another mismatch. Don't do that.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

Man of Miracles solos, he is true omnipotent being.

Presence and rest get rekt by Living Tribunal, who gets rekt by MoM.

Avatar image for lordshepherd123
LORDSHEPHERD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0ntyb0y said:

But they would be killed by pre-retcon Beyonder.

Lucifer+Michael is just another Presence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: oh ok...sorry, I won't do it again, I promise.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@rhysdurden: Don't be sorry. Just don't bump non active threads that are mismatches. It's against the rules.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanandRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic entities are supernatural beings since they govern and possess the mystical power of chaos by existing as forces of reality.

Example, new gods are pretty much abstract conceptual ideas as space based deities. The endless a advanced levels of the new gods and the lovecraft versions are even the godfathers of cosmic space gods from both versions in a sense.

BatmanandRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic entities are supernatural beings since they govern and possess the mystical power of chaos by existing as forces of reality.

Example, celestials are pretty much abstract conceptual ideas as space based deities. The endless a advanced levels of the new gods and the lovecraft versions are even the godfathers of cosmic space gods from both versions in a sense.

BatmanandRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BatmanandRobin

Example, celestials are pretty much abstract conceptual ideas as space based deities. The endless are advanced levels of the advanced versions of them and the loversions patheon versions are even the more advanced godfathers of cosmic space gods from both versions in a sense.

GodGate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanandrobin: Bruh, chill.... we got your point like 3 times already lol.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 takenstew22  Moderator

There are too many factors, but mostly high-end supernatural beings are placed higher.

zgtfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By zgtfreak

Vertigo gang blinks everyone. Lol at the idea of Beyonder Vs. the Presence or his angels.