#1 Edited by Vance Astro (91050 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#2 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 wins. Quicksilver: "Hey Val, lend me Dragonfang for a second, literally." The End... of Team 1!

#3 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Black Bolt, Invisible Woman, and Quicksilver? They have enough versatility to cause huge damage on their own.

#4 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1. I don't see how they take out Quasar.

#5 Posted by Greendevil (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

Quasar SOLO!

#6 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, Quicksilver throws Dragonfang at Quasar's head at near-light speed FTW!

#7 Posted by Greendevil (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

lol with BFR ON, i just dont see anybody posing a threat to Quasar!

#8 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathsHead2 said:

Nah, Quicksilver throws Dragonfang at Quasar's head at near-light speed FTW!

Quasar is pretty fast in his own right. Nanosecond reaction time in Thanos Imperative. But this is Classic Quasar so I can't vouch for him there.

#9 Posted by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 due to Quasar

#10 Posted by Owie (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: When you say classic Quasar, are you talking Project Pegasus era, or more like early 90s solo title era?

Either way, I think he can put up a shield around his folks before Quicksilver attacks.

In terms of energy/long distance attacks, Quasar, Storm, Darkstar, Vision, and Gargoyle have a versatile, wide range of attacks. Darkstar could, for instance, put all of team 2 in a black cone, from which they would have a difficult time attacking team 1. Gargoyle can weaken the members of team 2 using his biomystical bolts so his own teammates can take them out more easily. Darkstar can also teleport herself and others, which is always handy.

On team 2, Blackbolt, Invisible Woman, Hawkeye, and Dagger have long distance attacks. Dagger could probably weaken Darkstar's cone, but I don't think she could completely negate it. She could provide a parallel tactic to Gargoyle's and weaken the members of team 1 if she gets in any hits, but I think Quasar can intercede before any of her light knives hit their targets. Since morals are on, Blackbolt's voice blast can't be used to go for scorched earth, but he has other energy projection/manipulation abilities which would be very effective. Sue won't going around killing everyone with brain-forcefields due to morals as well. Her shields can protect them, although I'm not 100% on their durability against attacks like Gargoyle's, which is mystical, or against the power of someone like Quasar. And of course her team can't attack if her shields are up, while I think Quasar's team could probably attack out through his energy shields.

In terms of physical attacks, Nighthawk is not super effective in my mind. Gargoyle is OK at H2H but not great. But Sabra, Sasquatch, and Vision are all very capable. Team 2 has a bit more variety and depth in Black Bolt, Hawkeye, Valkyrie, Colossus, Giant Man, and Quicksilver. I think any H2H (if it came to that) would whittle down to Sabra, Sasquatch, and Vision vs Black Bolt, Valkyrie, Colossus, Giant Man, and Quicksilver. I think Sasquatch can beat Colossus, and Valkyrie would beat Sabra. Vision would probably lose to Black Bolt, and Giant Man and Quicksilver could help their teammates clean up; Sasquatch would eventually go down.

But, I doubt it would come to H2H, or at least not much. I think Quasar's energy manipulation would be superior to Black Bolt's, and with the help of Storm using wind (blowing people around, and rendering Hawkeye's arrows ineffective) and lightning attacks, and with Darkstar providing confusion and Gargoyle weakening their enemies, I think Team 1 wins from a distance. Classic Quasar is not as adept a combatant as Blackbolt, in terms of strategic thinking etc., but I think he can still do what he needs to do to give his team the win.

#11 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 because of Quasar

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Owie said:

@Vance Astro: When you say classic Quasar, are you talking Project Pegasus era, or more like early 90s solo title era?

Either way, I think he can put up a shield around his folks before Quicksilver attacks.

In terms of energy/long distance attacks, Quasar, Storm, Darkstar, Vision, and Gargoyle have a versatile, wide range of attacks. Darkstar could, for instance, put all of team 2 in a black cone, from which they would have a difficult time attacking team 1. Gargoyle can weaken the members of team 2 using his biomystical bolts so his own teammates can take them out more easily. Darkstar can also teleport herself and others, which is always handy.

On team 2, Blackbolt, Invisible Woman, Hawkeye, and Dagger have long distance attacks. Dagger could probably weaken Darkstar's cone, but I don't think she could completely negate it. She could provide a parallel tactic to Gargoyle's and weaken the members of team 1 if she gets in any hits, but I think Quasar can intercede before any of her light knives hit their targets. Since morals are on, Blackbolt's voice blast can't be used to go for scorched earth, but he has other energy projection/manipulation abilities which would be very effective. Sue won't going around killing everyone with brain-forcefields due to morals as well. Her shields can protect them, although I'm not 100% on their durability against attacks like Gargoyle's, which is mystical, or against the power of someone like Quasar. And of course her team can't attack if her shields are up, while I think Quasar's team could probably attack out through his energy shields.

In terms of physical attacks, Nighthawk is not super effective in my mind. Gargoyle is OK at H2H but not great. But Sabra, Sasquatch, and Vision are all very capable. Team 2 has a bit more variety and depth in Black Bolt, Hawkeye, Valkyrie, Colossus, Giant Man, and Quicksilver. I think any H2H (if it came to that) would whittle down to Sabra, Sasquatch, and Vision vs Black Bolt, Valkyrie, Colossus, Giant Man, and Quicksilver. I think Sasquatch can beat Colossus, and Valkyrie would beat Sabra. Vision would probably lose to Black Bolt, and Giant Man and Quicksilver could help their teammates clean up; Sasquatch would eventually go down.

But, I doubt it would come to H2H, or at least not much. I think Quasar's energy manipulation would be superior to Black Bolt's, and with the help of Storm using wind (blowing people around, and rendering Hawkeye's arrows ineffective) and lightning attacks, and with Darkstar providing confusion and Gargoyle weakening their enemies, I think Team 1 wins from a distance. Classic Quasar is not as adept a combatant as Blackbolt, in terms of strategic thinking etc., but I think he can still do what he needs to do to give his team the win.

90's solo title era.Also thanks for your analysis.
Moderator Online
#13 Posted by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone happen to know whether Sue can effect within one of Quasars force fields?

Personally think that's a deciding factor here.

#14 Posted by toby5678910 (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt in a roman coliseum with morals isnt gonna do much good lawl.