Constantine vs. Dr. Strange(Old & Current Versions)

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vaeternus

Ok, so battle is on Earth.

Two Rounds:

First Round is New 52 and current Marvel versions of both:

Rules-

-Both have one hour prep

-Both know the other is powerful with magic, but that is all really

-Takes place on Earth

-All feats from recent events concerning both characters apply

-All powers from both apply

-Winner is due to K.O. or death

-Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Round 2:

-Pre N52 Constantine/Old Con

-Old Dr. Strange

-Since older strange is vastly more powerful then current, Con has access to House of Mystery here if he wishes

-Little to no prep for either

-Random encounter

-Fight to KO who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Xaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Dr. Strange.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Care to explain?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@vaeternus: I figure it'd be a close battle, but the two have such different ways of using magic that I think it would come down to who's better at counter-magic, and I think that would be Dr. Strange.

lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lord_galactus

oh my god the universe would be destroyed...theyd have to make another universe just to fight in.

I need to do research to go in on this.

I know dr strange can destroy whole universes without being in it.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vaeternus

@squares said:

@vaeternus: I figure it'd be a close battle, but the two have such different ways of using magic that I think it would come down to who's better at counter-magic, and I think that would be Dr. Strange.

I see, I definitely think the oldschool version would be an issue for con. Current versions though, I'm not so sure. Con has done some crazy stuff of late lol.

@lord_galactus said:

oh my god the universe would be destroyed...theyd have to make another universe just to fight in.

I need to do research to go in on this.

I know dr strange can destroy whole universes without being in it.

It's one reason Con has access to the House of Mystery here, he pretty much can go to heaven, hell and anywhere there lol. Think he'd do something crazy with that?

lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lord_galactus

@vaeternus: I remember in thunderbolts hell is highly unstable and strange had a hard time containing it..so idk

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShenKuei

Yeah two completely different style of magic. Hard to say who would win.

Thing is, New 52 Constantine is really limited in feats. I don't think he's beaten anyone on Strange's level yet.

"Old" versions is a more interesting fight but I would have to back Strange in that one. One big edge Constantine usually had was that he knew more about magic than his opponents, I think Strange actually trumps him in that area. Strange definitely wins in the raw power area as well. But could John trick him somehow? Maybe. Highly conditional fight.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vaeternus

@vaeternus: I remember in thunderbolts hell is highly unstable and strange had a hard time containing it..so idk

Yeah I hear ya, I know John died then came back lol. Crazy stuff.

@shenkuei said:

Yeah two completely different style of magic. Hard to say who would win.

Thing is, New 52 Constantine is really limited in feats. I don't think he's beaten anyone on Strange's level yet.

"Old" versions is a more interesting fight but I would have to back Strange in that one. One big edge Constantine usually had was that he knew more about magic than his opponents, I think Strange actually trumps him in that area. Strange definitely wins in the raw power area as well. But could John trick him somehow? Maybe. Highly conditional fight.

Blight is pretty impressive, but to be fair he did have help...I don't think Strange would win vs. Blight either given his origin and power. He's more or less pure eternal darkness form, that bonds to a host. For more recent feats, and he can do a lot with the House of M in DCU, in MU the House of M was too much for Dr. Strange which I find interesting.

But thanks for posting. I do agree two entirely different kinds of magic, it can be said that classic stranges is more powerful however, Cons magic more tricky and cunning then Stranges.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShenKuei

@vaeternus: Wait are you comparing the House of Mystery to the House of M event in Marvel, or is there a House of Mystery in Marvel that I don't know about?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei: I'm sure there different, but yeah the HOM in Marvel and in DCU House of Mystery.

I remember reading that Stranges powers didn't work in there or its was too much for him something like that.

lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: in house of M he wasn't sorcerer supreme so his power levels were weaker.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_galactus:

I see, so I guess that could be equal to Con not having access to the House of Mystery. He's less powerful without access to it.

lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lord_galactus
No Caption Provided

Doctor strange has a demon inside him I believe the demon is ZOM,he conjured it to fight world war hulk.

Now given that John Constantine has power OVERDEMONS and can summon very powerful ones like Belial the eldest child of Trigon, Iwould say John can summon these Demons and use them against Strange causing him extreme pain and discomfort possibly weakening him since one of them is inside of him as is.

No Caption Provided

I am going to leave this last one here,I don't want to use this actually just am trying to poke fun at people who say speed blitz all the time. all in all,I pick John BECAUSE yes doctor strange can destroy a universe but John wouldn't allow him to do that because john handles what he needs to with his magic,he doesn't use it to play GOD like Dr strange does even though he can.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Tough call since current Strange just got a big power up and hasn't shown off abilities yet.

lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swamp thing is universal,I guess you can say hes taken down a universal character before.

I got a lot of John stuff now..so if anyone wants to go,we can go lol

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha i like that constantine is getting popular

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vaeternus

@demonknights: Yep, want to get his name out there again lol. I can't wait for the TV show lol they can do a lot with that.

@lord_galactus: nice scans, cool stuff. lol yeah swamp thing is a powerhouse, apparently in one arch he was destroyed...then regenerated on another planet. That's just nuts...lol gotta love how Con is always one step ahead of everyone lol.

lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lord_galactus

@vaeternus: @demonknights: I am going to be honest.

I didn't know who he was until I saw that movie that had nearly nothing to do with him actually now that I read the comics but the movie was cool for it's time and I started looking into him in the comics.

I hope the show is good. but yeah I mainly am taking part in JC posts because his comics are epic.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_red_viper  Moderator

Why bump this?

Strange wins both rounds unless John can manipulate him somehow. The HoM doesn't help him in round 2 either because as far as I know, he didn't have it Pre-52.