• 115 results
#1 Edited by Nefarious (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Movie Predator from AVP. 
Conan has his long sword, a knife, and a shield. These weapons are enchanted. 
Predator has his wrist blades, a knife, and his Combi-Stick. 
Also, Pred can't use Camouflage in this match. 
No Prep-Time.
Bloodlust on.    
A Fight to the Death.  
Both warriors begin 55 feet apart. 
Who will be victorious?

VS 

#2 Posted by GoldenStar66 (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan.

#3 Posted by Bucketz (827 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan.

#4 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

predator in reality 

in a cross-over, conan via plot armour or PIS

#5 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Regular dudes kill predators. Conan Stomps. 
Now Conan O'brien Vs Predator would be hairy!

#6 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone: you might be able to use that "A>B, B>C, so A>C" logic for the movie predators...but one of the better comic book predators would sodomize Conan, figuratively of course
#7 Posted by Mighty Max (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator.

Unless Conan is bullet proof (I've never really read any Conan stuff), he loses.
"Don't bring a knife to a gun fight" and what not..... 55 feet will allow for a lot of shots before Conan could even get a swing in.
@turoksonofstone said:

Regular dudes kill predators. Conan Stomps. Now Conan O'brien Vs Predator would be hairy!
Conan O'Brien would trash Predator! He'd turn into the Flaming C and erase him from existence..... Even Andy would destroy him! :P
#8 Posted by MrBigBalls (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan

#9 Posted by RisingBean (3814 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the predator looks better on paper. But if you include intangibles, Conan has a better chance then alot of the "prey" these guys hunt.

#10 Edited by BigCimmerian (8018 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan for the win, I even think that they have nearly the same strength and speed level.

#11 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6232 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan guts a demon before breakfast. Then downs a tankard of ale ... then guts more demons before his noontime meal. Kills a dragon in the afternoon, and decapitates a sorceror all before falling down to bed, drunk and surrounded by naked bar wenches. 
Predator is going down.
#12 Posted by Scarbearer (726 posts) - - Show Bio

Given his track record of killing preternaturally powerful creatures, I think Conan's got this.

#13 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan takes this

#14 Posted by BigCimmerian (8018 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII: hahahaha yeah you're right
#15 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

No named Predator gets one shotted.
#16 Posted by stormphoenix (923 posts) - - Show Bio

well i would think predator more faster um he's been hunting before conan was born, also you said he has wrist blades, spear guns, and his Combi-Stick and all conan has is a short sword, a knife, and an axe?.......Predator.
#17 Edited by BigCimmerian (8018 posts) - - Show Bio

Main difference between Conan and other people is that conan fight with natural instinct, combine that with his strength speed and agility and predator is going down, he would decapitate him without thinking. Which strength level is predator? Conan is peak human but in his time peak humans were much stronger than they are today so he is most likely stronger than Captain America.

#18 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio
@stormphoenix
Thats doesn't stop them from losing to far less like a cop, a grizzly bear, and etc.
#19 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio
@BigCimmerian
Predators have superhuman strength.
#20 Posted by Fetts (4448 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Conan.

#21 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
@m0ntyb0y: In all fairness though, comic Conan was also a lot more formidable than movie Conan. He was much quicker and more intelligent.
#22 Posted by BigCimmerian (8018 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22: I know that, but are they stronger than Conan? Conan also has superhuman strength compared to modern humans.
#23 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone said:
Regular dudes kill predators. Conan Stomps. Now Conan O'brien Vs Predator would be hairy!

#24 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan

#25 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@BigCimmerian: I would say a comic book predator is probably faster and stronger than comic book conan  
of course, in this case I'm comparing high showings for both sides

Predator toying with bull bison (~1 ton) 
Predator pacing speeding car

#26 Posted by Outside_85 (8565 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator.

#27 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (678 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan of course!...didnt anyone pay attention to the first movie? Dutch was just Conan with a haircut and a m16 with grenade launcher.

#28 Edited by BigCimmerian (8018 posts) - - Show Bio
@FortressoftheMoon: Movie Conan is nothing like Conan from novels and comics, novel and comic Conan is much faster smarter and is more agile. Arnold was slave for many years while Conan from comics and novels was leader of rebel slaves when he was 16 years old.
#29 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: I know comic Conan is better than movie Conan. i was making a joke. I have read the books and the movie is nowhere near on par with the Novels. I have never read a comic of Conan but have read the books and I can't watch any of the Conan movies with a straight face again. But then again I can never take a Predator seriously neither especially Batman vs Predator III.  

Its just the battle setting did very much resemble the end battle fight to the first predator movie?

#30 Posted by SlimJ87D (9603 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious: Can you give Conan a shield? The predator has a spear gun that Conan won't know what it is before it's too late. 
#31 Posted by Nefarious (19546 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D: Sure. 
#32 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@cyberninja said:
@turoksonofstone said:

lol.
#33 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio
@BigCimmerian
Predators are strong enough to toss a human several feet with one arm, manhandle aliens, run through a brick wall, and destory a helicopter by punching it.
#34 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator gets one shotted.
#35 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Conan.
#36 Posted by BigCimmerian (8018 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

predator wins because 

1) physically, a comic book predator is much stronger and faster than comic book Conan
predators can leap 40 ft and are excellent climbers so it would be really easy for the predator to outmaneuver Conan in a forest

2) in the OP, the predator has a spear gun...the predator can just shoot Conan from afar. The predator basically has a sniper rifle!
I dunno why anyone would say that in this situation Conan would one shot the predator...the predator would one shot Conan with the speargun!

3) Conan ain't invincible, in battle he's often bonked on the head from behind with a mace and then taken captive (of course no one ever splits Conan's skull from behind with a sword because he can't die in his own series) 

THUS  
with spear gun, predator 10/10...in this case Conan has no chance especially if they start 55 ft apart
without spear gun, a lower ranked predator might lose in melee (there are predator "noobs" out there), but a higher ranked predator would still win even in melee

#38 Posted by Nefarious (19546 posts) - - Show Bio
@m0ntyb0y: He still has a shield to protect himself from the gun's fire.
#39 Edited by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Predator is out for a straight kill, Conan is dead.  If the Predator wants a bit of a challenge, he tosses away the spear gun, pops the claws and roars, Conan charges ... 

Violent onslaught.

The Predator is one tough sob, but Conan tears out one of the Predator's mandibles, stabs him in the eye with it, grabs a weapon and impales the Predator through the heart, then concedes this was one of his best opponents.

#40 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious: yeah, but the alloy used to make predator weapons slices through pretty much anything
the incredible sharpness and strength of predator metal is just a part of predator lore, think adamantium or something like that...in one comic, it sliced through modern tank armour like butter 

Conan's tech level is Middle Ages, his shield is pretty much useless
and even if his shield were, let's say, enchanted and could stop predator spear tips, the predator could keep to the trees and snipe him in the back 
I'm not saying Conan would get stomped in all situations, but he'd get stomped in the situation provided by the OP
#41 Posted by Nefarious (19546 posts) - - Show Bio
@m0ntyb0y: Ohhh, so Predator's weapons are like made out of an adamantium-like metal alloy. And also, true, that the shield is ancient. What can I do to make this not be a stomp?
#42 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious: yeah I ain't making that up
in Predator 2, the metal in a spear tip couldn't be found on the periodic table 
and in the lore it's constantly mentioned how "near indestructible yet light" it is

to make it not a stomp IMO
Conan's shield and weapons are enchanted (can't be pierced, broken, etc.) 
no spear gun for predator (no ranged weapons)
predator is not a veteran or elder (elders have close to a thousand years of combat experience)

OR of course you could just specify that it's a movie predator
in which case i think Conan would probably win in melee...if the Yakuza guy could kill a predator, Conan could do it without dying
#43 Posted by progenitor (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen a Predator get mauled by a mother grizzly bear.  Conan takes it.
#44 Posted by Nefarious (19546 posts) - - Show Bio
@m0ntyb0y: Those are some good tips. So, if the metal is not on the periodic table. Then, is there an alien periodic table?
#45 Posted by Nefarious (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I changed up the OP a bit.

#46 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious: hehe, well it was just to show how the metal was stronger than anything known to man 

#47 Posted by Nefarious (19546 posts) - - Show Bio
@m0ntyb0y: That's amazing, considering that the technology is more advanced than any human imagination can figure out.But, of course, it is alien tech, afterall. What is going on in the scan?
#48 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio
@m0ntyb0y
Regardless of all that the Predator still gets beat by inferior opponents on a consistent basis, Like I said before a No Named Predator equals a Cannon Fodder just look that their track record.
#49 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor
True
#50 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

if little soldiers can beat Predators then surely CONAN THE BARBARIAN  will smite this fool