Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigcimmerian

- Conan from dark horse comics

- Current Nightwing

- No morals and no prep, Conan is armed with sword and Nightwing has his escrimas, battle take place in forest during night

VS

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Nightwing. With no morals, he'll be too agile for Conan.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By XLR87T3

Well, Nightwing might pull it off as long as he stays out of reach of his blade. They're both pretty skilled, though Conan looks alot stronger. Nightwing will probably knock him out before Conan kills Nightwing.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Conan has this.  

A common misconception is thinking Conan to be slow. A large part of his career was spent as a thief & rogue. He is quite dexterous, extremely quick and highly skilled with that broadsword of his ...
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By nightwing91

Where does the battle take place?

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By whacknasty

I'm inclined to say Conan. I think he would have a decisive strength advantage, and on more than one occasion he has been compared to a panther (or some other large cat...) with his speed/agility...

But yeah, battle location could play a huge part...

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bigcimmerian

@nightwing91 said:

Where does the battle take place?

Battle take place in forest.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nightwing91

Since it's a in a forest, the edge goes to Nightwing. He's an acrobat so despite Conan's slight strength advantage his ability to use his surroundings will play a huge factor., and he's capable of rebounding his escrima sticks, he'll take Conan in this this.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By karrob

im with Conan...No morals or prep is his arena

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By nefarious

Conan.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RisingBean

Conan for the win.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nefarious said:
Conan.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@nightwing91 said:

Since it's a in a forest, the edge goes to Nightwing. He's an acrobat so despite Conan's slight strength advantage his ability to use his surroundings will play a huge factor., and he's capable of rebounding his escrima sticks, he'll take Conan in this this.

The forest setting actually works against his acrobatics. What's he going to do? Climb a tree and swing from branch to branch and, in this way, beat Conan? A fight is not won on acrobatic skill regardless. And Conan scales walls and sneaks into fortresses, dungeons, castles etc. etc. as a matter of course. He's fast, he's stronger, extremely skilled (considered the greatest swordsman in Hyboria... and he fights to kill.

Conan kills dragons and demons that are superhuman in every regard.

Nightwing is way outclassed here IMO.

blds_bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By blds_bane

Conan

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nightwing91

@Super_SoldierXII: No,, you'rre misintrpretating what I'm sayingg. the forrest leads nighttwing to thee movement advanttage, also in a forresst a sword woulld not be the most effective weapon to be utiilized.

Graysson is argueeably justt as skilled, using just a batarang and having jusst been shot he managed to disarm Ra's al ghul's sword from him. Strength connan would have an adventage but not by a wide margin, Grayson has hurt Blockbusterr,Grodd,twin metas from azraels solo seriees who weere super human and wildebeast among others.

And for the OP, what time are they battling day or night and how dense is tthe forreest.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RisingBean
@nightwing91:  Swords not effective in a forest? Ranged weapons would be less so. Conan doesn't have to take home run swings, he can thrust and the like. 

Conan can soak escrima shots. Dick can't soak the sword damage.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By whacknasty

@nightwing91: Thats a nice feat for Grayson, disarming Ras. Has he ever used nerve strikes on a character who would be as thickly muscled as Conan? I'm assuming he can use them, just not sure if the body type of the foe would matter or not...

Oh, and does anyone know if Conan's usual sword is a two handed claymore type (I've seen that a few times I think...), or just a one handed sword? Might make a difference as well if the jungle is really dense

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nightwing91

@RisingBean: Minsinterpreating what I said depending on the density of the Forrest(which we don't know) the swords effectiveness could be hampered. He has to hit Grayson, who's dodged faster then Conan, and the Escrima have managed to harm more durable then Conan.

@whacknasty: It is a good feat especially since he was shot earlier in the issue. And yes he does have knowledge of nerve strikes.

No Caption Provided
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By whacknasty

@nightwing91: Cool, nice scan. Thank you.

He did take a shot in the gut for that though (which would probably do a bit more damage coming from someone in Conan's strength class) ...lol. But I think that can be attributed to the gunshot. : )

Yeah, I agree he should know and use nerve strikes due to his training. Has he used them on someone with Conan's build? Or would that not matter? I think I've seen a really muscular character not be easily effected by them just because of the muscle density (not sure if that was just for the plot or not though...lol)...

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nightwing91

@whacknasty: It can, he was slowing down cause of the wound, the disarming feat and the battle they had in Nightwing 153 I believe shows he's capable of easily battling a swordsman of Ra's caliber, and Ra's has had centuries of practice.

He' does know he attempted to utilized one in Batman 690, in his battle with Lyle Blanco(which didn't work as Blanco, was a metahuman surviving gas, a nerve strike, and chemical shots) So yes he can use nerve strikes.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By whacknasty

@nightwing91: Ok. Hmm... This is becoming a much closer match it seems...lol

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nightwing91

@whacknasty: Yeah i won't even mention him dodging sword strikes from Azrael, Ra's, Deathstroke and countless unnamed ninjas he can do the same to conan. And his knowledge of nerve strikes would effect Conan as as far as I know he's not super durable to the point nerve strikes would prove ineffective.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RisingBean
@nightwing91

Good scan. I think we have to assume the forest is not so dense as to totally hamper the fight. And while it is true Dick can probably better utilize his escrima in more confined areas, the impact  of them will also be lessened. Nerve strikes would be Dick's best bet, but Conan has fought through much worse.  As per the scan, Conan is much stronger and probably just as skillful as Ra's. He shoulder be harder to disarm. Furthermore, Conan getting his hands on Dick probably ends the fight. 

Not saying Dick can't win. I just think that a guy who is stronger, faster, agile enough, has more mental fortitude then he can use in a lifetime, is as skilled in the arts of war, and has deadlier equipment wins more then not.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bigcimmerian

@nightwing91 said:

@Super_SoldierXII: No,, you'rre misintrpretating what I'm sayingg. the forrest leads nighttwing to thee movement advanttage, also in a forresst a sword woulld not be the most effective weapon to be utiilized.

Graysson is argueeably justt as skilled, using just a batarang and having jusst been shot he managed to disarm Ra's al ghul's sword from him. Strength connan would have an adventage but not by a wide margin, Grayson has hurt Blockbusterr,Grodd,twin metas from azraels solo seriees who weere super human and wildebeast among others.

And for the OP, what time are they battling day or night and how dense is tthe forreest.

Battle is during night, I think that the time could be in Nightwing's favor because of his night vision equipment, but Conan has peak human senses and is great tracker.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Killemall

@Illuminatus said:

Nightwing. With no morals, he'll be too agile for Conan.

I have to agree with this, Conan most likely is physically more powerful but Nightwing is more agile .. its like depowered hulk vs Spiderman, and spiderman tends to get the better off hulk (unless he goes savage)

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nightwing91

@RisingBean: That scan is inaccurate to gauge Dick's scan as he had previously been shot. I mean I agree Conan is stronger, but not by a large margin as Dick is fairly strong himself. Having beaten Blockbuster in a physical confrontation, taken down a wildebeast, and several other super strong villains. Also I'm not sure how Conan will deal with nerve strikes, has there ever been a situation where he's had to face them? If not I assume he'll be as effected as any other healthy extremely buff Human would. And that is if he gets his hands on Dick, who's a better fighter overall and Dick doesn't hit him with a nerve strike to take Conan down. Also, what's conan's best speed feat? You mentioned he's stronger I don't think he would be faster then Grayson at all.

@BigCimmerian: Well then at night I believe this moves the fight even more in Dick's favor, as you said he has nightvision lenses as well as his suit, which when hit by light darkens for stealth, he should be much harder to see in the scenario.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigcimmerian

@nightwing91 said:

@RisingBean: That scan is inaccurate to gauge Dick's scan as he had previously been shot. I mean I agree Conan is stronger, but not by a large margin as Dick is fairly strong himself. Having beaten Blockbuster in a physical confrontation, taken down a wildebeast, and several other super strong villains. Also I'm not sure how Conan will deal with nerve strikes, has there ever been a situation where he's had to face them? If not I assume he'll be as effected as any other healthy extremely buff Human would. And that is if he gets his hands on Dick, who's a better fighter overall and Dick doesn't hit him with a nerve strike to take Conan down. Also, what's conan's best speed feat? You mentioned he's stronger I don't think he would be faster then Grayson at all.

@BigCimmerian: Well then at night I believe this moves the fight even more in Dick's favor, as you said he has nightvision lenses as well as his suit, which when hit by light darkens for stealth, he should be much harder to see in the scenario.

Speed feat, but I'm sure he has better feats than this. His reaction speed is also great, in one comic he dodged the attack of the crocodile pretty easily and then managed to break the spine of the animal, this happened in water. Howard also compared his speed and the agility with the panther.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nightwing91

@BigCimmerian: I'm assuming that's one of the greyhounds ancestors, which that puts him probably at 30 miles per hour or so, and considering the sand. They would be running fairly slower,especially with the jump he needed to actually catch it. As for the crocidile they typically move at 25 mph top speed, do you have a scan of it?

Dick's speed pt1
Dick's speed pt1
Dick's speed pt2
Dick's speed pt2
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bigcimmerian

@nightwing91 said:

@BigCimmerian: I'm assuming that's one of the greyhounds ancestors, which that puts him probably at 30 miles per hour or so, and considering the sand. They would be running fairly slower,especially with the jump he needed to actually catch it. As for the crocidile they typically move at 25 mph top speed, do you have a scan of it?

Dick's speed pt1
Dick's speed pt1
Dick's speed pt2
Dick's speed pt2

Sorry I don't have scan of crocodile, it is black and white comic from the old savage sword of conan series.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nightwing91

@BigCimmerian: Impressive, but Dick has did the same against stronger and faster(Grodd, and his soldiers)

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RisingBean

A few of Conan's speed feats that I can think off of the top of my head include, his fighting a giant spider in the Tower of the Elephant, Catching up to the Frost Giants daughter, though that is probably more due to endurance, and the reflex feat when he killed Nabonidus in "Rogues in the House". Nabonidus was about to pull a lever that would release a poison or some such and Conan picked up a stool, throwing it so hard he killed the guy. If I go back and re-read the Howard short stories I am sure I could pull out a few more.  

To my knowledge Conan has not been hit with nerve strikes, but he has taken blows that would kill anybody lesser and fights on. Depending if you go real world (where such strikes actually come with the loss of useage in the limb) or comicy, where will power overcomes nearly anything, he can probably deal with it. I do think those are Dick's best bet, assuming that he can get past the sword.  

The fact it is night gives Dick better odds, and while I don't think I would bet money on a fight this close, I know anybody watching would come away a winner.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By whacknasty

@BigCimmerian: Nice Conan scans!

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fetts

Conan can take this.

GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GoldenStar66

CONAN is more experienced than Dicky.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nightwing91

@RisingBean: I'm just putting up a debate as I feel this ones to even to just fall down. How big was the giant spider? As Dick as Robin battled one in Teen Titans in nothing but his green underwear and pixie boots. As for the blows, Grayson's taken a savage beating from people with a substantial degree of super strength( Donna Troy, Gorilla Grodd, BlockBuster)

And I say he can make it past the sword, as I've said he's dodged sword strikes from Ra's, Azrael, Deathstroke. And nerve strikes have worked on the likes of spider-man they'll incapacitate Conan.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RisingBean
@nightwing91

IIRC the spider was about the size of a German Shepard.. It's been awhile since I looked at the DH comics, and longer still since I read the short stories themselves.   

One last thing I will note, is that Dick seems to survive on more PIS then our Barb. Without that if Grodd got his hands on Dick, he would have been torn apart.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nightwing91

@RisingBean: Well it's more he uses his acrobatics to avoid direct hits. when he battled the giant spider brother blod sicced on him. and each time he's battled grodd and blockbuster he avoids most major hits and usually just gets severral blows.

And when he battlled grodd, he's had help frrom flash, outsiders or titanss. My point was he did battle with grodd, who was overall much stronger,faster and more durable then the ape in the scan.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By XLR87T3

@RisingBean said:

@nightwing91: Good scan. I think we have to assume the forest is not so dense as to totally hamper the fight. And while it is true Dick can probably better utilize his escrima in more confined areas, the impact of them will also be lessened. Nerve strikes would be Dick's best bet, but Conan has fought through much worse. As per the scan, Conan is much stronger and probably just as skillful as Ra's. He shoulder be harder to disarm. Furthermore, Conan getting his hands on Dick probably ends the fight. Not saying Dick can't win. I just think that a guy who is stronger, faster, agile enough, has more mental fortitude then he can use in a lifetime, is as skilled in the arts of war, and has deadlier equipment wins more then not.

Yeah, don't let him get his hands on that Dick, you know, cuz that'll be the end of it. giggity giggity

ShadowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ShadowKing

CONAN GOT THIS.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers