Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2 said:

@risingbean said:

@cadencev2: You took my example and not only ran with it, you hopped skipped and jumped, too. Kudos.

I miss playin warhammer 40K Table Top :(

Me too :(

I spent deployments of months at a time putting together, customising with green stuff and magnets, and painting to a great standard my entire 6000 Points of Chaos Marines. Then I spend months painting and basing over 200 Imperial Guard.

Now all sold. All gone..... WHAT WAS I THINKING!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@thetruebarryallen said:

@shawnbaby said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

Would anyone here be able to answer my earlier question? What's the big difference between N52 Bane & The Old version of Bane?

New 52 Venom is more potent.

So he's still essentially got the same combat skills as his old form correct? If so I'd be able to provide more of an argument for the Bane side of things ^_^

His first appearance in new 52 was impressive. He stomped Batman, but Bats jobbed in that encounter, Bane was defeated by Batwoman several weeks ago.

Who had prep and a plot device specially made to take him down.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@cadencev2 said:

@risingbean said:

@cadencev2: You took my example and not only ran with it, you hopped skipped and jumped, too. Kudos.

I spent deployments of months at a time putting together, customising with green stuff and magnets, and painting to a great standard my entire 6000 Points of Chaos Marines. Then I spend months painting and basing over 200 Imperial Guard.

I had about a 3000 point Necron army...lost the majority of that in a house fire. I currently have a whole bunch of boxes of a Daemonhunters army...but all the guys i played with went and got themselves wives and kids and such

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: True but the material also matters. The rock conan could be lifting looks like the same material they used to make the houses seen in that second scan (top panel). I doubt conan is a 5 tonner like bane.

I myself consider it a 1 maybe 2 max ton feat.

Then he isn't as strong as bane.

@jashro44: I already told you that I know all of Bats speed feats, he's my favorite comic book character, his best speed feat I think is the one when he switched poisoned cups with the guy that wanted to kill him, I suppose you know what I'm talking about. The fact is that during Conan's time there were no bullets, so arrows are the fastest thing that he dodged, but he managed to evade bullets in WHAT IF stories.

Has Conan matched the feat with the cups or shown anything comparable? And even if we ignore batmans bullet timing feats for a second, has conan even moved faster then the human eye like batman has? Has he had fights so fast that people didn't even see the fights in question?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2 said:

@shawnbaby said:

@cadencev2 said:

@risingbean said:

I had about a 3000 point Necron army...lost the majority of that in a house fire. I currently have a whole bunch of boxes of a Daemonhunters army...but all the guys i played with went and got themselves wives and kids and such

My wife was nice to let me play for a time with other men who had wives >_> Women.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: True but the material also matters. The rock conan could be lifting looks like the same material they used to make the houses seen in that second scan (top panel). I doubt conan is a 5 tonner like bane.

Im not saying he is as strong, Im saying how weak sauce the Boulder Feat looks when Conan has a feat just like it (little less) with no Venom. :)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: There is the light house feat as well which is more impressive anyways.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: LOL Wrong thread and wrongs feats. :)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Conan with no Venom can free fall onto a solid wood cart from a good 500 feet drop just fine.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: Which isn't a strength feat.

Not at all. You showed a Jumping feat, I showed a free fall feat. :) My point is the strength Bane used to jump is not one shotting the durability of that free fall.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@cadencev2 said:

@shawnbaby said:

@cadencev2 said:

@risingbean said:

My wife was nice to let me play for a time with other men who had wives >_> Women.

One of my buddies wives was fine for it...until she realized that "Playing 40k with the boys" actually meant "You won't see me for 16 hours"

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By entropy_aegis

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Conan with no Venom can free fall onto a solid wood cart from a good 500 feet drop just fine.

Elasti girl of the Doom Patrol(the one who can grow dozens and hundreds of feet tall) picked up venom less Bane from the ground and tossed him as far as possible,Bane was unhurt.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

Elasti girl of the Doom Patrol(the one who can grow dozens and hundreds of feet tall) picked up venom less Bane from the ground and tossed him as far as possible,Bane was unhurt.

Thats fine. My point was Conan can tank a Bane Punch. can Bane tank a Razor Sharpen Heavy Sword Swing from Conan's strength?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Not at all. You showed a Jumping feat, I showed a free fall feat. :) My point is the strength Bane used to jump is not one shotting the durability of that free fall.

A punch from Bane is going to stagger conan and leave him open for another, and many more punches. Not to mention Banes fighting style focuses around grapples and submission holds anyways.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@cadencev2 said:

Thats fine. My point was Conan can tank a Bane Punch. can Bane tank a Razor Sharpen Heavy Sword Swing from Conan's strength?

He can just dodge it though.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

One of my buddies wives was fine for it...until she realized that "Playing 40k with the boys" actually meant "You won't see me for 16 hours"

And thats why I had to stop :( Now I get to stay home and ignore my wife reading books or being online, but at least Im home. Hmph.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By bigcimmerian

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@jashro44 said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@jashro44: I already told you that I know all of Bats speed feats, he's my favorite comic book character, his best speed feat I think is the one when he switched poisoned cups with the guy that wanted to kill him, I suppose you know what I'm talking about. The fact is that during Conan's time there were no bullets, so arrows are the fastest thing that he dodged, but he managed to evade bullets in WHAT IF stories.

Has Conan matched the feat with the cups or shown anything comparable? And even if we ignore batmans bullet timing feats for a second, has conan even moved faster then the human eye like batman has? Has he had fights so fast that people didn't even see the fights in question?

Yes, he has, I'll try to find scans, but he has sliced heads of 2 men at the same time before they could move, this happened on atleast 2 ocassions.

@cadencev2 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@cadencev2 said:

He can just dodge it though.

lol, he won't dodge Conan's sword. Not when he's 6'8 and 350 lbs. Conan tanked mace hit straight to the head and continued with fight. He was shot with multiple arrows in his chest and he just pulled them out and continued to fight. If you've seen what Batman went through in Court of Owls labyrinth, that's nothing compared to what Conan has endured. He killed giant ape, who was 10 feet high, and the ape was tossing boulders bigger than Bane's at Conan.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane pretty easily

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By bigcimmerian
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RisingBean

@alexander505 said:

Bane pretty easily

How?

I almost wouldn't bother with this one, Big C. In the two or so other threads I have seen him in, he blindly follows the DC guy.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By jashro44

@bigcimmerian: there is a difference between moving faster then human eyes can follow and cutting heads off people before they can move.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian said:

Yeah. Lemme know when conan can lift two tons.

I think the point is not strength. Who cares you can lift 2 tons, I mean Conan can and has lifted 2-3 ton Boulder as well.

The case is Conan who is the best Swordsman in the world has a Sword vs Bane who has his flesh and blood hands.

Who is going to win? Its not that hard to use common sense.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@bigcimmerian: there is a difference between moving faster then human eyes can follow and cutting heads off people before they can move.

No Caption Provided

Is this fast enough for this battle? If Conan doesn't have sword in this battle then I'd agree that Bane would win.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

No Caption Provided

Is this fast enough for this battle? If Conan doesn't have sword in this battle then I'd agree that Bane would win.

dat ass

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm leaning towards Bane, but Conan's competence with a blade makes it difficult to commit.

Anybody have some feats featuring Bane vs. accomplished sword wielders? I think that would be more relevant than random strength and speed feats for this battle.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: No. I find batman completely disappearing in front of human eyes to be more impressive.

I'm leaning towards Bane, but Conan's competence with a blade makes it difficult to commit.

Anybody have some feats featuring Bane vs. accomplished sword wielders? I think that would be more relevant than random strength and speed feats for this battle.

pre 52 bane was able to dodge sword strikes from ubu. All though Bane has limited showings in the new 52.

TwoGunGunnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TwoGunGunnar

Conan. He's a killer. A death machine. He's killed demons, countless armed and trained warriors, survived crucifixion (not even Jesus could do that), and killed the best fighters and swordsmen in the world. He's shrugged off blasphemous sorceries through sheer will alone, and bedded so many women it boggles the mind.

"But FEATS!!!!"

Oh shut up. For every Bane-did-this-"feat" I can name a Conan-"feat" that Bane hasn't done...it's a meaningless and subjective (look it up) comparison, at least in this specific case. Like, has Bane ever killed 2 Frost Giants after sustaining severe head trauma in an exhuasting battle AND after having run for miles through the Arctic Wasteland? No, he hasn't. He hasn't even killed one Frost Giant whle fully prepared and rested - pathetic. Neither has Batman, or Wolverine for that matter. Conan killed TWO of 'em. Easily.

Bane's a costumed, 'roided up criminal in tights. Conan's a barbaric killer and the pinnacle of a heritage of thousands of years of brutal war in the most violent and unforgiving environment possible.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conan. He's a killer. A death machine. He's killed demons, countless armed and trained warriors, survived crucifixion (not even Jesus could do that), and killed the best fighters and swordsmen in the world. He's shrugged off blasphemous sorceries through sheer will alone, and bedded so many women it boggles the mind.

"But FEATS!!!!"

Oh shut up. For every Bane-did-this-"feat" I can name a Conan-"feat" that Bane hasn't done...it's a meaningless and subjective (look it up) comparison, at least in this specific case. Like, has Bane ever killed 2 Frost Giants after sustaining severe head trauma in an exhuasting battle AND after having run for miles through the Arctic Wasteland? No, he hasn't. He hasn't even killed one Frost Giant whle fully prepared and rested - pathetic. Neither has Batman, or Wolverine for that matter. Conan has.

Bane's a costumed, 'roided up criminal in tights. Conan's a barbaric killer and the pinnacle of a heritage of thousands of years of brutal war in the most violent and unforgiving environment possible.

this 1,000 x ^

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@jashro44: in Conan the Formidable he lifted a boulder bigger than his body

Yeah. Lemme know when conan can lift two tons.

You want a scandump of Conan lifting large rocks?

(http://books.google.com/books?id=BplMthCoZ80C&pg=PA132&lpg=PA132&dq=Conan+the+formidable+boulder&source=bl&ots=wUHJ87QT8_&sig=dv_0iWH-fI9pjsY7ZU5W2hfccRs&hl=en&sa=X&ei=F4UWUue1McfD2QX4-IHoBA&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Conan%20the%20formidable%20boulder&f=false for one)

never gets old!

@joygirl said:

@risingbean: Your logic is flawed, since attacks of opportunity can not be made by a flat-footed opponent. However, it is irrelevent -- Conan will get initiative, Bane will block the first few attacks with his arms, badly wounding them. Bane will then get Conan in a grapple, squeezing him around the chest. Conan then bites down onto his already-wounded forearms, tearing out thick strips of flesh and causing Bane to let him go. Conan then tumbles forward, recovering his sword, and whirls around with one single, decisive, beheading strike. And that, boys and girls, is Bane vs. Conan.

I fear that description might be to perfect

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@jashro44 said:

@bigcimmerian said:

well, when he was 50+ and surprised

"

With his back to the wall he faced the closing ring for a flashing instant, then leaped into the thick of them. He was no defensive fighter; even in the teeth of overwhelming odds he always carried the war to the enemy. Any other man would have already died there, and Conan himself did not hope to survive, but he did ferociously wish to inflict as much damage as he could before he fell. His barbaric soul was ablaze, and the chants of old heroes were singing in his ears.

As he sprang from the wall his ax dropped an outlaw with a severed shoulder, and the terrible back-hand return crushed the skull of another. Swords whined venomously about him, but death passed him by breathless margins. The Cimmerian moved in, a blur of blinding speed. He was like a tiger among baboons as he leaped, side-stepped and spun, offering an ever-moving target, while his ax wove a shining wheel of death about him."

in his prime

"

In an instant he was the center of a hurricane of stabbing spears and lashing clubs. But he moved in a blinding blur of steel. Spears bent on his armor or swished empty air, and his sword sang its death-song. The fighting-madness of his race was upon him, and with a red mist of unreasoning fury wavering before his blazing eyes, he cleft skulls, smashed breasts, severed limbs, ripped out entrails, and littered the deck like a shambles with a ghastly harvest of brains and blood.

also, he defeated a super-fast giant spider when he was 15 or so

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@jashro44 said:

A punch from Bane is going to stagger conan and leave him open for another, and many more punches. Not to mention Banes fighting style focuses around grapples and submission holds anyways.

And Conan beats giant apes on fairly a regular basis

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@twogungunnar said:

"But FEATS!!!!"

Oh shut up. For every Bane-did-this-"feat" I can name a Conan-"feat" that Bane hasn't done...it's a meaningless and subjective (look it up) comparison, at least in this specific case. Like, has Bane ever killed 2 Frost Giants after sustaining severe head trauma in an exhuasting battle AND after having run for miles through the Arctic Wasteland? No, he hasn't. He hasn't even killed one Frost Giant whle fully prepared and rested - pathetic. Neither has Batman, or Wolverine for that matter. Conan has.

this 1,000 x ^

I fully agree

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: what issue is that from

What exactly? Scan when he punched that man's head off was from King Conan Hour of the Dragon #2, and scans when he sliced these 2 men is from Conan Phantoms of the Black Coast #3.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@bigcimmerian: No. I find batman completely disappearing in front of human eyes to be more impressive.

@dwrathborne said:

pre 52 bane was able to dodge sword strikes from ubu. All though Bane has limited showings in the new 52.

No Caption Provided

Here we go. He attacked faster than the human eye could follow.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: how is conan hour of the dragon? any good? i havent been picking them up... i just picked up conan the barbarian 18 or 19 the new issue this week and really wasnt happy with it, i thought it had poor art and coloring and even the story was dull what about the mini though?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By jashro44
krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one is hard for me to call. But If I have to pick then majority for Bane, but I can see Conan winning at times and giving him trouble.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: how is conan hour of the dragon? any good? i havent been picking them up... i just picked up conan the barbarian 18 or 19 the new issue this week and really wasnt happy with it, i thought it had poor art and coloring and even the story was dull what about the mini though?

Hour of the Dragon is one of the best Conan's comic book in years, but it's just my opinion. I agree, Conan the Barbarian is really bad, he is potrayed as some weak teenager suffering from anorexia.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By jackbensley777
jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: would you suggest me picking it up in tpb or just buy the single issues

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bane would win this pretty easy. He is also more durable than an average human so Conan wont slice of his arm because of his big muscles and hard skin protecting him.

He would just throw Conan into a wall and then curbstomp him.

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123 Yours is the dumbest comment I've ever encountered on these forums. Bane would get beaten bloody by fiction's greatest warrior, Conan of Cimmeria.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Loading Video...

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this could be Conan O'brien the real life comic and he'd still win because he's fighting Bane. Losing is kinda what Bane does. Even if he were to get the upper hand he'd find a way to knock himself out. Bane is an appropriate name for him, because he's his own worst enemy.