• 91 results
#1 Edited by jackbensley777 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan the Barbarian vs Bane

Conan has a sword (This is Roy Thomas's Conan)

New 52 Bane

Fight takes place atop a ziggurat

#2 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan decaps Bane.

#3 Posted by entropy_aegis (13567 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan slices him into pieces.

#5 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@carter_esque said:

Conan slices off Bane's arm after his failed attempt to grab Conan's head and then decaps him.

Fixed.

#6 Posted by Pokergeist (22302 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Bane... you will be remembered.

#8 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (857 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. Lemme know when conan can lift two tons.

#9 Posted by Mezmero (856 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like we need a setting for the fight. Also I want to hear some cases for adaptive environmental fighting skills. From what I know Conan has fought on solid ground, forests, deserts, and even on the decks of ships. Bane certainly globe trots in his line of work as well so I think a specific locale would make it easier to discern a clear winner.

#10 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan

#11 Posted by Pokergeist (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. Lemme know when conan can lift two tons.

I think the point is not strength. Who cares you can lift 2 tons, I mean Conan can and has lifted 2-3 ton Boulder as well.

The case is Conan who is the best Swordsman in the world has a Sword vs Bane who has his flesh and blood hands.

Who is going to win? Its not that hard to use common sense.

#12 Edited by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by desmond006 (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Banes a beast but Im not seeing how he avoid getting sliced, so conan wins. wish this battle had more info.

#14 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 bane stomped batman, has strength which makes him over a 5 tonner by a decent margin, and was stated to faster then batman (who is faster then Conan), not seeing how Conan wins.

#15 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

New 52 bane stomped batman, has strength which makes him over a 5 tonner by a decent margin, and was stated to faster then batman (who is faster then Conan), not seeing how Conan wins.

I doubt that Bats is faster than Conan.

#16 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan wins

#17 Edited by RetconCrisis (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan has a sword... Bane has fists... sword, fists.... sword, fists... yep, Conan wins.

#18 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: post speed feats for Conan and we can go feat for feat.

#19 Edited by Pokergeist (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I like to see a scan of New 52 Bane being faster than current Batman.... which in itself no a terrible big deal as Current Batman has nothing close to half the Speed Feats of Pre 52.

#20 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I know all of Batman speed feats, Conan has dodged and caught arrows mulitple times and outran wild beasts, sliced heads of 2 men at the same time before they could react etc. I didn't say Conan is faster, I think that their speed is aroung the same level. Yes, Bane is faster and stronger than Conan, but Conan has sword and he always fights with his instinct. Bane will be decapitated if he comes near Conan.

#21 Edited by Joygirl (15325 posts) - - Show Bio

I've debated against Conan before and I'm convinced that he wins.

#22 Posted by RisingBean (2834 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane and Conan face off. Bane wins initiative b/c Jashro says he is faster then Batman who is faster then Conan. As Conan got confused by that ABC logic, he goes second. Bane moves in and throws a massive punch sure to kill the Barbarian. But wait! An unarmed attack against an armed foe triggers an attack of opportunity! This AOO takes place before the initial attack! Conan swings, he hits, he kills Bane! What an upset! Oh my!

In a serious tone? Conan is pretty much peak human (on the same sliding scale in superhuman that Batman rides.) and a beast to boot. He has faced worse then Bane and I doubt he even gets too excited during the fight. I'd give Conan 8/10 based on the fact he is better equipped.

#23 Posted by Joygirl (15325 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Your logic is flawed, since attacks of opportunity can not be made by a flat-footed opponent. However, it is irrelevent -- Conan will get initiative, Bane will block the first few attacks with his arms, badly wounding them. Bane will then get Conan in a grapple, squeezing him around the chest. Conan then bites down onto his already-wounded forearms, tearing out thick strips of flesh and causing Bane to let him go. Conan then tumbles forward, recovering his sword, and whirls around with one single, decisive, beheading strike. And that, boys and girls, is Bane vs. Conan.

#24 Edited by Pokergeist (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Conan and Bane Rolls off. Conans 5 Initiative to Banes 6 Initiative.

Bane Wins! He move first and strikes, but wait Conan gets a counter attack at a 5+ for having a weapon against a unarmed foe, add to that the +1 to rolls for instinct! Conan must make a 4+ to get the Hit!

Conan Makes it! Now Conan must roll a 2+ for having a Sword to wound a unarmored character!

Conan is on fire!

Bane must make 8+ or higher for having no armor or weapon to counter!

OHHHHH Bane is headless! Conan WINS!

CONAN WINS, CONAN WINS!

Its good to be king!

#25 Edited by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I like to see a scan of New 52 Bane being faster than current Batman.... which in itself no a terrible big deal as Current Batman has nothing close to half the Speed Feats of Pre 52.

1. DC confirmed batmans continuity pre flashpoint is the same as it is post flashpoint. You don't like it, take it up with DC.
  2. You want a speed feat in the new 52 of batman moving faster then human eyes here:

Now show me Conan matching this feat.

Batman stating Bane is quicker then him.

I know all of Batman speed feats, Conan has dodged and caught arrows mulitple times

Catching and dodging arrows isn't a feat that makes one equal to batman. Batman has dodged bullets after they are fired and has deflected bullets.

Deflecting gun fire.
Dodging a sniper bullet after it is fired.

and outran wild beasts,

Moves so fast these guys don't even realize they are disarmed. I would say this one ups out running wild beasts

sliced heads of 2 men at the same time before they could react etc.

I think the above feat also is better then this one (he managed to disarm 3 guys before they realized what happened). Then there is this feat where batman has a fight so fast the one guy watching thinks batman killed the guy by staring at him.

Right to left.

I didn't say Conan is faster, I think that their speed is aroung the same level. Yes, Bane is faster and stronger than Conan, but Conan has sword and he always fights with his instinct. Bane will be decapitated if he comes near Conan.

I honestly think batmans speed feats are noticeably better then Conans. Batman couldn't even keep up with Bane so I really don't see why Conan would.

#26 Edited by Pokergeist (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@jashro44 said:

1. DC confirmed batmans continuity pre flashpoint is the same as it is post flashpoint. You don't like it, take it up with DC.

Well it makes zero sense, but then it is DC, so I guess I will buy it. I know Frank Miller said Earth 31 Batman did fight and beat up Mcfarlans Spawn in the Crossover, while Mcfarlan said it never happen.

Shoulder Shrug. Who do I believe!? Either way it makes zero sense lol.

I mean how can the same feats apply if they never happened LOL. However I cannot argue with the non nonsensical policy statements.

#27 Edited by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@jashro44 said:

Well it makes zero sense, but then it is DC, so I guess I will buy it. I know Frank Miller said Earth 31 Batman did fight and beat up Mcfarlans Spawn in the Crossover, while Mcfarlan said it never happen.

Shoulder Shrug. Who do I believe!? Either way it makes zero sense lol.

I mean how can the same feats apply if they never happened LOL. However I cannot argue with the non nonsensical policy statements.

Yea the current DC universe is really f**ked up continuity wise. Its best to not think about it. I mean batmans apparently only been batman for 5 years yet everything pre flashpoint happened to him and he has like 4 robins? Makes no sense but its just whatever.

#28 Posted by RisingBean (2834 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: You took my example and not only ran with it, you hopped skipped and jumped, too. Kudos.

@joygirl: You know what, Conan has the Combat Reflexes feat which allows him to make Aoo's while flat footed. You didn't know? :P So even if Bane gets initiative, Conan still gets the first hit.

#29 Posted by Pokergeist (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: You took my example and not only ran with it, you hopped skipped and jumped, too. Kudos.

I miss playin warhammer 40K Table Top :(

#30 Edited by Pokergeist (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane strength.

Conan The Barbarion Strength!

Is Bane really stronger by feats than Conan!?

I think now it is more of a stomp as Bane best advantage, Strength, is no longer a g\huge Vantage.

#31 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Not really sure how Banes strength isn't a huge advantage. The statue head conan lifted would be hollow inside (as the insides would be carved out) where as the boulder bane would have lifted would be solid. Not to mention Bane was able to to leap a light house which would require more strength then the boulder feat. Batman even appeared as a shadow from where bane was standing.

#32 Edited by jackbensley777 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: you dont hollow out rocks in sculpting

#33 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackbensley777: Hollow out was probably the wrong word. The point is the rock probably lost some mass because some of it was carved off.

#34 Posted by Pokergeist (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: Not really sure how Banes strength isn't a huge advantage. The statue head conan lifted would be hollow inside (as the insides would be carved out) where as the boulder bane would have lifted would be solid. Not to mention Bane was able to to leap a light house which would require more strength then the boulder feat. Batman even appeared as a shadow from where bane was standing.

Many Stone Statues from Barbarians Clans, Aztek, Greek, Roman, and Midevil times were Solid. The very picture shows where the neck is that it was solid.

@jashro44 said:

@jackbensley777: Hollow out was probably the wrong word. The point is the rock probably lost some mass because some of it was carved off.

Ahhh better answer.

#35 Edited by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: True but the material also matters. The rock conan could be lifting looks like the same material they used to make the houses seen in that second scan (top panel). I doubt conan is a 5 tonner like bane.

#36 Posted by Pokergeist (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: True but the material also matters. The rock conan could be lifting looks like the same material they used to make the houses seen in that second scan (top panel). I doubt conan is a 5 tonner like bane.

I myself consider it a 1 maybe 2 max ton feat.

#37 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering, is there some sort of HUGE difference between New 52 Bane & Old Bane in terms of durability & pain tolerance?

#38 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I already told you that I know all of Bats speed feats, he's my favorite comic book character, his best speed feat I think is the one when he switched poisoned cups with the guy that wanted to kill him, I suppose you know what I'm talking about. The fact is that during Conan's time there were no bullets, so arrows are the fastest thing that he dodged, but he managed to evade bullets in WHAT IF stories.

#39 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: And Conan was 17 when he lifted that boulder. Imagine how much his strength improved when he was in his mid 20s lol.

#40 Posted by Shawnbaby (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: And Conan was 17 when he lifted that boulder. Imagine how much his strength improved when he was in his mid 20s lol.

What we might "imagine" Conan's Strength to be in his prime is immaterial. Back it up with Feats.

#41 Posted by RisingBean (2834 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean said:

I was never into Warhammer. D&D, Shadowrun and Rifts all once upon a time. Now Pathfinder.

On topic. I still think Conan crushes Bane, drives him off and listens to his girlfriend lament.

#42 Edited by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

What we might "imagine" Conan's Strength to be in his prime is immaterial. Back it up with Feats.

So you want to tell me that his strength didn't improve when he got in him prime years? I have plenty of his feats.

http://www.comicvine.com/conan/4005-2438/forums/conan-the-barbarian-respect-thread-682827/

Here is his respect thread that I made.

#43 Posted by Shawnbaby (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean said:

Me too :(

#44 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

Would anyone here be able to answer my earlier question? What's the big difference between N52 Bane & The Old version of Bane?

#45 Posted by Shawnbaby (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

Would anyone here be able to answer my earlier question? What's the big difference between N52 Bane & The Old version of Bane?

New 52 Venom is more potent.

#46 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

Current venom is makes him stronger, faster and more intelligent, nothing special.

#47 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen said:

So he's still essentially got the same combat skills as his old form correct? If so I'd be able to provide more of an argument for the Bane side of things ^_^

#48 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

So he's still essentially got the same combat skills as his old form correct? If so I'd be able to provide more of an argument for the Bane side of things ^_^

His first appearance in new 52 was impressive. He stomped Batman, but Bats jobbed in that encounter, Bane was defeated by Batwoman several weeks ago.

#49 Posted by Shawnbaby (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

He still hasn't shown the same combat ability...at least not while he's on Venom.

#50 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen said:

@shawnbaby said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

He still hasn't shown the same combat ability...at least not while he's on Venom.

Oh alright, nevermind then. I'm pretty sure Old Bane would be able to go toe to toe with Conan on an even ground, even if Conan has his sword.

@thetruebarryallen said:

@shawnbaby said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

His first appearance in new 52 was impressive. He stomped Batman, but Bats jobbed in that encounter, Bane was defeated by Batwoman several weeks ago.

Well that's a shame :|