Conan The Barbarian Vs. Captain America

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Acheron

Surprised to see that this hasn't been made yet!

Anyways......

Conan
Conan

VS.

Captain America
Captain America

Scenario:

Battle takes place in a Roman Colosseum. The two are told to fight each other until on wins (either by KO or kill). Conan has the sword that he had at the end of the Hand Of Nergal story arc (Dark Horse). Cap has his shield.

Which of these two warriors, soldiers, and heroes will prevail? Both are (arguably) the best a man can be without being superhuman. Both are proficient in many ways of fighting, and both are very strong/durable/agile/fast.

Don't write off either of the characters, and please, for the love of all that is sweet and holy, DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A FLAMEWAR. That means no insults, please.

Anyways.......

IT'S SHOWTIME!!!!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Cap is a master of modern combat with unheard of strength and speed for the level he is supposed to be on.Conan doesn't have a chance.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Captain America would beat Conan in a decent fight... it would be something interesting to watch though...
Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Acheron
Vance Astro said:
"Cap is a master of modern combat with unheard of strength and speed for the level he is supposed to be on.Conan doesn't have a chance."
Not a chance? Ouch :I

To be fair, being a master of modern combat might not matter as much, since Conan lives in a completely different world. He might know different types of combat than Cap does.

Have you read the Dark Horse Conan series? Conan does many things that I'd consider to be peak human. He's very strong and can keep on fighting despite the fact that he's been slashed/stabbed, etc. He's very agile, and is a master of almost every weapon (except for the bow, he seems to hate that thing that some reason).
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Cap is a master of modern combat with unheard of strength and speed for the level he is supposed to be on.Conan doesn't have a chance."

To be fair, being a master of modern combat might not matter as much, since Conan lives in a completely different world. He might know different types of combat than Cap does.

Have you read the Dark Horse Conan series? Conan does many things that I'd consider to be peak human. He's very strong and can keep on fighting despite the fact that he's been slashed/stabbed, etc. He's very agile, and is a master of almost every weapon (except for the bow, he seems to hate that thing that some reason)."
Oh..it totally matters.
Conan fights people with primitive magic,weaponry,and combat skills.Captain America has experience with fighting super-villains,hordes of men armed with advanced tech weaponry and automatic weapons.He is a expert weapons wielder and has alot more options with his shield.He's also a tactical genius.

I have read some Conan and for the most part he is a power house.He destroys wave after wave of enemies even beasts and animals with claws and fangs and all that.I now where is agility is but Cap has ridiculous agility feats and he's not even a master acrobat like someone like Daredevil,Spider-Man,or Gambit.
Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Acheron
Vance Astro said:
"Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:

Have you read the Dark Horse Conan series? Conan does many things that I'd consider to be peak human. He's very strong and can keep on fighting despite the fact that he's been slashed/stabbed, etc. He's very agile, and is a master of almost every weapon (except for the bow, he seems to hate that thing that some reason)."
Oh..it totally matters.
Conan fights people with primitive magic,weaponry,and combat skills.Captain America has experience with fighting super-villains,hordes of men armed with advanced tech weaponry and automatic weapons.He is a expert weapons wielder and has alot more options with his shield.He's also a tactical genius.

I have read some Conan and for the most part he is a power house.He destroys wave after wave of enemies even beasts and animals with claws and fangs and all that.I now where is agility is but Cap has ridiculous agility feats and he's not even a master acrobat like someone like Daredevil,Spider-Man,or Gambit.
"
Okay, I can agree with the fighting styles comment, since a large majority of Conan's fights are with unskilled opponents. But, he has fought some powerful adversaries in that department, namely Janissa, who was a professional assassin who learned how to fight by being raped for years by demons until she could kill them all for a straight month.

Tactical genius is definitely true, but Conan is smart as well (though, mostly with schemes. His plans for stealing the jewel in Daughters Of Minora were genius).

I'm not saying he wins, but I think he COULD, or, at least, put up a good fight.

I'll get some scans in order for some of his more impressive moments.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:

Oh..it totally matters.

"
Okay, I can agree with the fighting styles comment, since a large majority of Conan's fights are with unskilled opponents. But, he has fought some powerful adversaries in that department, namely Janissa, who was a professional assassin who learned how to fight by being raped for years by demons until she could kill them all for a straight month.

Tactical genius is definitely true, but Conan is smart as well (though, mostly with schemes. His plans for stealing the jewel in Daughters Of Minora were genius).

I'm not saying he wins, but I think he COULD, or, at least, put up a good fight.

I'll get some scans in order for some of his more impressive moments."
Cap decked Thanos,Cap went hand to hand with Gamora(He lost but it's the principle)Gamora blows Janissa out of the water.
I know Conan is smart but I think Cap's intellect and fighting skill were forged in big battles..wars and such and he has so much experience with being a leader and creating tactical decisions.
I think I am underestimating Conan a little.I wouldn't say he has no chance.This could be a really good fight but I don't see him winning.
Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Acheron
Vance Astro said:
"Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:

Oh..it totally matters.

"

Cap decked Thanos,Cap went hand to hand with Gamora(He lost but it's the principle)Gamora blows Janissa out of the water.
I know Conan is smart but I think Cap's intellect and fighting skill were forged in big battles..wars and such and he has so much experience with being a leader and creating tactical decisions.
I think I am underestimating Conan a little.I wouldn't say he has no chance.This could be a really good fight but I don't see him winning.
"
Didn't Thanos take that on purpose and then KO'd Cap with a backhand? I got nothing for Gamora though.

Conan is also a leader (he's a king, lol), and he is incredibly battle savvy.....he was born on a battlefield and whatnot. I think it would be a good fight, dunno who would win (think it could go either way, maybe a slight majority for Cap).

Anyway, here's some scans of Conan kicking ass:

Conan freaks out an army of of attacking warriors so much that they flee out of fear (while under mental attack from a sorceror-shows some good focus as well as general battle savviness)

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

Conan Vs. The Midnight God (Conan is very, very angry since this essentially caused the death of his unborn child. He about forty-five in these scans. He figures out where it's weak spot is from some ramblings of ghosts of long-gone gods, and pretty much rips out it's brains, God of War style)

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

Anyways, some pretty good scans, I think (or maybe I just wanted to post Conan). I could post some showcasing strength or accuracy or whatever.
Kid Anarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Kid Anarchy

we're talking Bucky right?
Cap. ftw

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Acheron
Kid Anarchy said:
"

Cap. ftw

"
Either. I was actually thinking of Steve.
Kid Anarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Kid Anarchy
Acheron said:
"Kid Anarchy said:
"

Cap. ftw

"
Either. I was actually thinking of Steve.
"

oh...either way Conan's gunna lose
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Braise

Haha, believe it or not, I was totally going to pair these two up two weeks ago. Didn't do it because I thought it was a stupid choice. Your Conan comics present quite a good argument however. Hmm.. I choose Conan.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Andferne

Cap all the way, he made a impressive career taking down Super powered beings.Fighting and beating Conan would not be the hardest thing he has had to do or face.

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Acheron

Bump.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:

Oh..it totally matters.

"

"
Didn't Thanos take that on purpose and then KO'd Cap with a backhand? I got nothing for Gamora though.

Conan is also a leader (he's a king, lol), and he is incredibly battle savvy.....he was born on a battlefield and whatnot. I think it would be a good fight, dunno who would win (think it could go either way, maybe a slight majority for Cap).

Anyway, here's some scans of Conan kicking ass:

Conan freaks out an army of of attacking warriors so much that they flee out of fear (while under mental attack from a sorceror-shows some good focus as well as general battle savviness)
Nice scans but I don't see anything Cap couldn't have done if he was a murderer.Thanos never Ko'd Cap..he just broke his shield.I'm not saying Cap could have beaten him either..I am just saying he got a hit off on him at a point where most couldn't.
Conan leads an army...Cap has led armies and teams of superheroes..accurately creating strategies using all of their strengths and powers.
Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Acheron
Vance Astro said:
"Nice scans but I don't see anything Cap couldn't have done if he was a murderer.Thanos never Ko'd Cap..he just broke his shield.I'm not saying Cap could have beaten him either..I am just saying he got a hit off on him at a point where most couldn't.
Conan leads an army...Cap has led armies and teams of superheroes..accurately creating strategies using all of their strengths and powers."
Oh okay. I thought you were talking about this:

caption
caption

Eh, alright, I can agree with the strategy points.

If they ever did another crossover of this type I'd like to see the two fight. I never read that one What If?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Conan did fight Wolverine in a crossover.

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Acheron

I heard that in that one they both beat eachother once.

Have you read it? Was it good? :/

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Acheron said:
"I heard that in that one they both beat eachother once.

Have you read it? Was it good? :/"
Someone mentioned it in the Wolverine vs. Conan thread.I never read it and judging by when it was written I doubt it was well written.
Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Acheron
Vance Astro said:
"Acheron said:
"I heard that in that one they both beat eachother once.

Have you read it? Was it good? :/"
Someone mentioned it in the Wolverine vs. Conan thread.I never read it and judging by when it was written I doubt it was well written."
Yeah, I can't imagine it being very good. The What If? where Conan fought Cap was probably better, I would imagine.
Avatar image for fallenangel5991
fallenangel5991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fallenangel5991

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By nightwing91
@fallenangel5991: did you really need to bump 2 different threads of the same battle?
fallenangel5991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By fallenangel5991

yep.

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Achilles.

Conan

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By PowerHerc

Both are very cool, and completey bad-ass fighters, but Captain America wins. 
MrJackAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrJackAss
@Vance Astro said:
" Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:

Oh..it totally matters.

Conana fights people with superb combat skill. Red Sonja for example. Conan is also a master strategist himself, being a king and a commander of armies before. He has shown lifting objects well above what a human can, and has taken down beasts the size of buildings and Gods, some that you might consider to be Ares level in Marvel. He is known as one of the best swordsman in all of comics. Sure, Conan may not be as well adversed in H2H, but seeing as he has his sword it doesn't matter how skilled Cap is in the H2H department, as Conan is most surely just as skilled with his sword. I'm not saying Conan wins, although I' m thinking I'm going to give him the edge, but even if he does lose, it is not by much, and Cap will know he just had the fight of his life. 

Mr.J
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Stars and Stripes!

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By kheranlord12
@Vance Astro said:
" Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:

Oh..it totally matters.

"

"
well said
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By karrob

Cap

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By termiteone4ever

Conan Got this as much as i like cap  
THis man is a classic.

fallenangel5991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fallenangel5991
@termiteone4ever said:
"

Conan Got this as much as i like cap  
THis man is a classic.

"

Classic as in he comes, he punches you in the face, he grabs your drink, and than he takes your woman?
mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By mrtrickster

conan wins

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lagoon_boy
Captain America.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By spidey 15

Cap after a good fight. 
=]

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By the darknessss

conan pips this imo,very very close to me.
blds_bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By blds_bane

Cap will try to talk conan into opening up a weakness. oh wait Conan started this fight by breaking caps jaw with the shield. the best cap ever had

Runekingftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conan did hit a charging dinosaur so hard with his sword it slammed into a rock and dashed it's brains ... That's a lot of strength cap is gonna have to over come

Conan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Conan4ever

I own the comic where Conan travels into the future. He is thrown into modern prison, bends the bars and escapes, creates a gang and robs banks. Captain America shows up to stop him. Captain America got his ass handed to him. Conan spared his life.

czk-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

both are exceptionally skilled,similarily strong,agile, so in the end its shield vs sword,since sword is better weapon than shield,conan wins majority

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By krauser99

@vance_astro said:

Acheron said:

"Vance Astro said:
"Acheron said:
"Vance Astro said:
Oh..it totally matters.
Conan fights people with primitive magic,weaponry,and combat skills.Captain America has experience with fighting super-villains,hordes of men armed with advanced tech weaponry and automatic weapons.He is a expert weapons wielder and has alot more options with his shield.He's also a tactical genius.
I have read some Conan and for the most part he is a power house.He destroys wave after wave of enemies even beasts and animals with claws and fangs and all that.I now where is agility is but Cap has ridiculous agility feats and he's not even a master acrobat like someone like Daredevil,Spider-Man,or Gambit."

I know Conan is smart but I think Cap's intellect and fighting skill were forged in big battles..wars and such and he has so much experience with being a leader and creating tactical decisions.I think I am underestimating Conan a little.I wouldn't say he has no chance.This could be a really good fight but I don't see him winning.

Are you confusing Cap vs Moondragon? Cap fought Moondragon and lost in HTH but at the time Cap SSS was "killing" him. Cap also lost to Mantis but again circumstances as she got him in a move off panel and it is implied it was a sneak attack. The other Mantis that he lost to in The Crossing but that was not the real Mantis as in Avengers Forever, it was revealed to be a shape shifter the space phantom. Unless this is a more recent fight with Gamora vs Cap? I know Gamora recently fought Winter Soldier.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By krauser99
@runekingftw said:

Conan did hit a charging dinosaur so hard with his sword it slammed into a rock and dashed it's brains ... That's a lot of strength cap is gonna have to over come

Cap is super soldier strong... brings down a huge statue, shield through tank, and holds back a roaring runaway car.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap in a good fight.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CONAN! ARRGHHH NAH NAHHRHIGHH

Loading Video...

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By xtreme1

Cap is more skilled and wins after a tough fight.

comedian12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a crossover was made and Conan got him and nearly cut Cap's arm off. I'll check for scans.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a crossover was made and Conan got him and nearly cut Cap's arm off. I'll check for scans.

Yes, he actually defeated Cap, but he spared his life.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conan wins.

Fanboys won't accept it.

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers