#1 Edited by TheBournePoster (741 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is wearing his classic yellow outfit. This is current Wolverine.

Commander Shepard is a soldier, and has all relevant upgrades (hard shields, skin-weave, ect.) He is wearing default N7 armor. His loadout consists of an M-76 Revenant, M-9 Tempest, Black Widow sniper rifle, N7 piranha, and the M-77 Paladin. All powers are maxed out. They are fighting here.

Tell me if I forgot any details.

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (41338 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine has no healing factor?

#3 Edited by TheBournePoster (741 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: On second thought, that would be a brutal stomp. Let's give him his healing factor.

#4 Edited by TheBournePoster (741 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#5 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

Shepard wins, I think he has the right firepower here to beat Logan and I fail to see how Logan will close up to him.

#6 Posted by MonsterStomp (17148 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know Shepard well enough to comment. Lets just hope he has the reaction to counter Wolverine's offensive speed.

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (41338 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Logan smell him out?

#8 Edited by Saren (25631 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, what? Logan should stomp most of the time. No armor in the Mass Effect universe, no matter how modded out it is, is capable of standing up to adamantium claws, and kinetic shields won't do anything either since they only block objects moving above a certain velocity. Logan's not stabbing and slashing faster than a speeding bullet. Gunplay isn't going to bother Wolverine either. Shepard's only shot is the Soldier class's Cryo Ammo since it could incapacitate Logan temporarily at least. Nothing else is going to stop him.

Logan's also quite a bit stronger, faster and more skilled. That can't hurt.

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37757 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:

Logan's also quite a bit stronger, faster and more skilled. That can't hurt.

But he forgot some of his skill. :P....

f*ck Cornell

#10 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: He has shown great reaction speed and also more during his Adrenaline Rush state he's able to dodge bullets while firing at the same time.

#11 Edited by MonsterStomp (17148 posts) - - Show Bio

@ddecourt: Well Wolverine has surprised Spider-Man and even Quicksilver with how fast he actually is.

#12 Edited by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Yes, I'm sure. The thing with this fight is that Shepard could keep Logan at bay with his firepower, his future high-tech weaponry isn't exactly something that Logan can take without punishment, though I don't see Logan going down easy.

#13 Posted by Hyperlight (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

shepard has the skill set to keep the fight at a distance.. but Shepard has much more to lose if he slips up

#14 Edited by dondave (36681 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#15 Posted by TheBournePoster (741 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: What? No, not at all. Shepard will have plenty of chances to keep Wolverine at bay, with the stopping power of his sniper rifle and his concussive shot. Speed wise, his adrenaline rush will even that out and let him dodge and get his shots in. As you said, cryo bullets could work, and I think probably will.

#16 Posted by ntb101 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine

#17 Posted by Dextersinister (6026 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give this to Shepherd, he will have either cyro or pyro ammo active and either one would incapacitate Logan.

Although I'm always wary about translating gameplay into actual combat.

#18 Posted by Saren (25631 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter: You realize this is Wolverine we're talking about, right? The stopping power of the Black Widow or the Concussive Shot is nothing he hasn't shrugged off a hundred times. Shepard has never done anything during his Adrenaline Rush that Logan hasn't bettered.

#19 Posted by TheBournePoster (741 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: They aren't going to hurt him, just slow him down.

#20 Edited by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are giving Wolvie too much credit, Sheppard's weaponry is pretty powerful and so diverse and able to do some serious punishment, even to Logan, Logan is really gonna have a tough time here and even if he closes in, Shepard has shown to quick on his feet able to dodge multiple attacks.

#21 Posted by Saren (25631 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: They aren't going to hurt him, just slow him down.

Slow him down long enough for what? Shepard to realize that he's facing someone conventional weaponry can't put a dent in, or at least a dent that won't be gone four seconds later, and then suddenly switch to Cryo Ammo since that's the only shot at even surviving Shepard's got in this matchup? Literally every single showing for Shepard featuring Cryo Ammo is a gameplay mechanic. 90% of the Commander's combat tactical ability comes down to subjective gameplay experience and gameplay mechanics. Logan's dodged people far more accurate than Shepard has ever been, he's stealthier by quite a bit and a lot more likely to get the drop on Shepard than vice versa, he's got more experience, he's really holding every single advantage possible in this matchup while all Shepard has got is the off-chance he might figure out he's got to use Cryo Ammo.

@ddecourt said:

I think people are giving Wolvie too much credit, Sheppard's weaponry is pretty powerful and so diverse and able to do some serious punishment, even to Logan, Logan is really gonna have a tough time here and even if he closes in, Shepard has shown to quick on his feet able to dodge multiple attacks.

None of Shepard's weapons are capable of inflicting any kind of lasting punishment to Logan, and up close it'll take Wolverine roughly three seconds to disembowel the commander. Going toe-to-toe with people like Kai Leng is a far cry from going toe-to-toe with people like Wolverine.

#22 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. @citizenbane actually arguing for Wolverine in a debate. Now, I've seen it all. Lol.

#23 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Soldier Sheperd gets massacred.

#24 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9114 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins the majority.

#25 Posted by XiiX (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

Shepard uses persuade and makes Wolverine a war asset.

#26 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

Shepard uses persuade and makes Wolverine a war asset.

Nice save.

#27 Edited by RetconCrisis (3751 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. @citizenbane actually arguing for Wolverine in a debate. Now, I've seen it all. Lol.

While having a Mass Effect user icon... yep.