#2  Edited By Jokergeist
RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@Jokergeist: Anyone considered an Angel in Comics is allowed.

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@Jokergeist: Also who do you think wins the battle?

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jokergeist

@RoyHarperBLOW:

Comicbook characters shall always reign over theological characters.

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided
Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sideslash

Lucifer Morningstar and Michael Demiurgos.

I rest my case.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MasterJohn

Michael the Archangel > Lucifer Morningstar.

St. Michael cast Satan and all evil (meaning all evil in comic books as well) into the pit of fire. That's big enough to garuntee him a win.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By whydama

Theological angels seem to draw power from God. So, I don't know how this will go down.

They are also pure Spirit, comics generally don't go into that realm as whatever that can be shown in a comic is material/physical or at most it deals with the mind.

Having said that I used to own Bible Comics where individual books of the Bible were explained in comic form. Those were my first comics.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kingkronos

@whydama said:

Theological angels seem to draw power from God. So, I don't know how this will go down.

They are also pure Spirit, comics generally don't go into that realm as whatever that can be shown in a comic is material/physical or at most it deals with the mind.

Having said that I used to own Bible Comics where individual books of the Bible were explained in comic form. Those were my first comics.

Not really. The 5th dimensional imps for example are not physical beings. Neither are the abstracts.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SirMethos

@MasterJohn said:

St. Michael cast Satan and all evil (meaning all evil in comic books as well) into the pit of fire. That's big enough to garuntee him a win.

Not true.

First of all, there is evil on earth as we speak, so either he didn't cast all evil into the pit, or evil came back later on. Second of all, that happened quite some time ago, and evil in comic books was created within the last 100 years. He has never encountered "all evil in comic books."

That said, none of the theological angels have anything to their name that can, even remotely, measure up to Lucifer Morningstar and Michael Demiurgos. Lucifer having Unlimited 'manipulation' power, while Michael has literally unlimited energy, being the force of Creation in that duo(michael provides the raw materials, lucifer shapes and molds it). Together, they are literally omnipotent.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By whydama

@kingkronos said:

@whydama said:

Not really. The 5th dimensional imps for example are not physical beings. Neither are the abstracts.

How did PR Beyonder shut down the Abstracts? He said something like abstracts get their power from living beings. But whatever, they are not spirits

Caionsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Caionsouza

Theological Angels stomps

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kingkronos

@whydama said:

@kingkronos said:

@whydama said:

How did PR Beyonder shut down the Abstracts? He said something like abstracts get their power from living beings. But whatever, they are not spirits

Because he's not a physical being either. He's the totality of a world much bigger than the marvel multi-verse.

>Abstracts get their power from living beings.

And spirits are not living beings?

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Frocharocha

Theological angels; The simplest of the angels were said to destroy the entire Earth with absolutely no use of their power at all. I can't imagine what Seraphims can do.

DC: Angels like Lucifier are way above normal angels. So that kinda isn't fair, but i can imagine the theological angels aren't going to be defeated with a single blow.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SirMethos

@Frocharocha: When, exactly, have the theological angels been "said to destroy the entire earth" ? As far as I know, the earth still exists, even in the christian mythology.

And for anyone saying that the theological angels win: Can you actually provide any feats, to prove that they are superior to the angels from DC ?

So far the only feat that has been provided, is one for the archangel Michael. And that one didn't prove that they are anywhere near the DC angels.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Frocharocha

@SirMethos said:

@Frocharocha: When, exactly, have the theological angels been "said to destroy the entire earth" ? As far as I know, the earth still exists, even in the christian mythology.

And for anyone saying that the theological angels win: Can you actually provide any feats, to prove that they are superior to the angels from DC ?

So far the only feat that has been provided, is one for the archangel Michael. And that one didn't prove that they are anywhere near the DC angels.

It's only stated in the bible that the simplest of the angels could destroy earth. Other than that, no reference is made from their powers. But is pretty obvious that they are omniscient and omnipresent. So basically;

-Time travel.

-Reality warping.

So on.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SirMethos

@Frocharocha: There is absolutely nothing, to indicate that they are, as you claim, "omnipresent and omnipotent". God, yes. The angels, not so much.

Also, can you at least say where in the bible it is stated "that the simplest of the angels could destroy earth" ?

kuartus4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kuartus4

Angels are not omnipresent or omniscient. Also the bible never says anything about the simplest angels destroying earth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theological Angels win

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@Jokergeist: @Sideslash: @SirMethos: @kuartus4: Hope everyone knows for the Theological Angels they have ALL The Archangels form all 3 abrahamic religions right?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dondave

Comicbook Angels ftw

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@dondave: Reasons?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dondave

@RoyHarperBLOW: Michael and Lucifer

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Marksman

@MasterJohn said:

Michael Demiurgos and Lucifer Morningstar are multiversal level beings.

Also, in the Vertigo Universe, Michael Demiurgos is Michael the Archangel.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

This is quite unfair. Most of the comicbook angels are based on theological angels then amped to give them more badassery. This is spite in the comicbook versions' favour.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pooty

@MasterJohn said:

Incorrect. That has not happened yet. Satan was already cast out of heaven but not thrown into the pit of fire yet. So as of now, it is not a feat. Even if it was a feat, Satan has no feats that puts him anywhere near comic book angels. Satan controlled the weather in the book of Job but that is about it.

@SirMethos: Second of all, that happened quite some time ago

It hasn't happened yet. That is a vision of the future.

That said, none of the theological angels have anything to their name that can, even remotely, measure up to Lucifer Morningstar and Michael Demiurgos

very true.

@Frocharocha: Theological angels; The simplest of the angels were said to destroy the entire Earth with absolutely no use of their power at all

That was NEVER said in the Bible. If you are using another reference please say what it is. I love those stories even if they are not in the bible.

But is pretty obvious that they are omniscient and omnipresent.

That is false also. Jesus, himself ,states that neither he nor the angels knows when God will return so they are not omniscient.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pooty

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@Jokergeist: @Sideslash: @SirMethos: @kuartus4: Hope everyone knows for the Theological Angels they have ALL The Archangels form all 3 abrahamic religions right?

What are the 3 abrahamic religions you are referring too? And what are their feats and power level?

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By agent9149

I remember the priest saying that all an angel has to do is think it and it will be done.

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@Agent9149: Islam, Judaism, and Christianity.

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theological angels gets stomped.

While they are basically featless, there are also no implications about them to suggest they are above a single Comicbook Angel.

Inb4 lock.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By whydama

@kingkronos:

That depends on who you ask. There is fallen angels who live in Hell, so they must be dead. Then, there are things in the Abyss that demons fear. Maybe they are demons, or fallen angels or the like which are neither alive nor dead. Then, Nephilim are all dead. Holy Angels are alive. But, they may not be beings since they are spirits. It all gets very murky and people dont have a solid idea

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kingkronos

@whydama said:

@kingkronos:

That depends on who you ask. There is fallen angels who live in Hell, so they must be dead. Then, there are things in the Abyss that demons fear. Maybe they are demons, or fallen angels or the like which are neither alive nor dead. Then, Nephilim are all dead. Holy Angels are alive. But, they may not be beings since they are spirits. It all gets very murky and people dont have a solid idea

I didn't really get what you were saying. At one point you say holy angels are alive, and the next you say they not beings. I also can't understand how you got to the conclusion that spirits are not living entities.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By Vrakmul

Judaism made a emphatic point of not ascribing much of anything to angels so that they wouldn't detract from Yahweh. This purposeful lack of feats earns them naught but defeat here.

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By Vrakmul

Okaaayyy...

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By theONEtaichou

lol @RoyHarperBLOW... so much reading. head hurts I do get your point though.

Theological Angels win... but in the specifications of this battle they lose. The OP says no God... but angels if they came out can only do the will of God, so if they came to fight it should mean God has sent them out to fight so how do they lose?

It's like a blue lantern, you just cannot have a fight between a blue lantern and say superman and say no Green Lantern! So if the theological angels are here to fight it must mean they have been sent here by God to fight and therefore they win...

(from my Biblical understanding of angels)