Khonshu be praised! Moon Knight is our latest Character of the Month, so that means we're giving him a whole lot of love on the homepage. We'll have several features about the anti-hero, but every week we'll test his abilities as a combatant, too. Last week, Marc Spector bested Green Arrow, and this week, he's facing off against Ra's al Ghul. Will he be victorious yet again or will Batman's villain take him down? You have until Friday to think this one through, Viners. But before picking a winner, please be sure to read all of the rules below!
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either team).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 15 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
- Moon Knight has his current gear. No vehicles, obviously.
- Ra's al Ghul is pre-52, in his prime, and has a sword of his choice.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- A Viner Argument for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future battle suggestions in the comments below or via Twitter! Want to continue celebrating Moon Knight? We've posted his Best Covers, he'll be the topic of tomorrow's Question of the Week, and his Best Battles will be posted on Friday.