Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Guardians of the Galaxy vs. X-Force

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Guardians of the Galaxy vs. X-Force (298 votes)

Guardians of the Galaxy 54%
X-Force 40%
Too close to call 6%

It's time for another team fight, Viners. This week, we have one of the incarnations of X-Force taking on the latest version of the Guardians of the Galaxy (well, minus Angela and Iron Man). Both are highly formidable teams and obviously bringing very different advantages to the table. Are you going to side with the raw might of The Guardians of the Galaxy or the deadly efficient X-Force? Even if you have a clear winner in mind, the objective here is just to have fun thinking about the fight and let it play out in your head. Get that creativity flowing -- we aim to amuse you, Viners.

We know not everyone will be knowledgeable on both rosters, so please keep in mind you have ALL WEEK to vote. Seriously, the poll is open until Friday morning (ET), so there's no need to vote right away if you're not totally sure on who you should side with. Go ahead and conduct your own research or read the arguments that'll be made for both sides (or at least we hope both sides get some love). If you do know both sides well enough, feel free to let us know who you think should win and why. Impress us enough and you just may earn the Viner Argument of the Week spot in Friday's update (post must be free of scans). You can't put that accomplishment on your resume, but it's still a pretty damn satisfying award.

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • Characters have standard gear.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • In case the picture didn't make it clear enough, below is the roster for both sides.
  • X-Force: Wolverine, X-23, Warpath, Archangel, Domino
  • GotG: Peter Quill, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Drax, Groot
  • Knockout, incapacitation, or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 20 feet apart and visible. There's a lot of cover between them (a variety of idle vehicles, bus stops, dumpster bins, benches, etc.). The entire city region is on limits (rooftops, inside buildings, alleyways, sewers, etc.).
  • It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!

Again, it would be extra cool if you could get your elaboration on as well. If you vote for a side, be sure to tell us why! Oh, and do try to remember this is just a conversation about fictional characters fighting, so keep things informative and not personal.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the CV staff.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in this thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

• 
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cadencev2 The only problem I have with that is Groot(at least in the past) has shown to be no slouch in physical strength as well. Doing things like holding up buildings one-handed and trading hits with Thanos(albeit somewhat weakened) on the reg. To be one shotted as easily as that is..underwhelming to say the least.

Sorry disagree. Angela STOMPED the whole team. And if she is suppose to be the same character from spawn verse, then more so with her feats.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: To be fair Groot can make himself so large that decapitation is an impossibilty

Zane_Horn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zane_Horn

@dondave: what is groots resistance to poison like because no matter how big he gets archangels poison is his poison so... yeah

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: In what way is Angela (the MU version) a 100 tonner?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pokergeist

@dondave said:

Look at her feats against Groot, Gamora, and Drax. She overpowers them all.

Angela in Marvel takes on entire Giant Rock Monster race.

Her Newer Marvel version took on the entire Guardians roster of Star lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket Racoon.

If your going to try to convince me she is weaker than thise King Kong size Rock Monsters, 80 ton Gamora or 50 toner Drax, I will disagree.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoG

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks said:

Domino's luck makes her headshot RR and Peter. With enough luck her bullets will go through Star-Lord shield.

Archangel, Warpath, Wolverine and X-23 take the three others.

Warpath takes Gamora

Archangel takes Groot

X-23 and Wolvi takes Drax

Domino's powers aren't anywhere near that powerful also Warpath does not take Gamora in anyway.

If i remember correctly, in X-Force, she shoot in the air and the bullet came down right on someone head. Why is that possible considering your opinion toward her power? She can easily headshot someone with that kind of luck.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

@cheesesticks said:

Domino's luck makes her headshot RR and Peter. With enough luck her bullets will go through Star-Lord shield.

Archangel, Warpath, Wolverine and X-23 take the three others.

Warpath takes Gamora

Archangel takes Groot

X-23 and Wolvi takes Drax

Domino's powers aren't anywhere near that powerful also Warpath does not take Gamora in anyway.

If i remember correctly, in X-Force, she shoot in the air and the bullet came down right on someone head. Why is that possible considering your opinion toward her power? She can easily headshot someone with that kind of luck.

Because it isn't reality warping, she cant do it at will.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CheeseSticks

@jonny_anonymous said:

She dodge bullets like it's nothing because of her power. Someone shoot her at point blank and the gun misfire. Her power is pretty powerful. Headshooting someone is far from reality warping.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@juiceboks said:

@k4tzm4n My mistake, haven't actually voted yet so I'm basing that solely off of the comments.

Ah, understood. Well, your vote seems pretty clear, so what're you waiting for? ;)

Personally, I feel as though Drax and Groot are being overestimated by some (considering the most recent run), but I'm avoiding providing expanded thoughts until Friday.

they aren't being overestimated, Bendis just doesn't know anything about the characters

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

She dodge bullets like it's nothing because of her power. Someone shoot her at point blank and the gun misfire. Her power is pretty powerful. Headshooting someone is far from reality warping.

What and you don't think pepole have tried to shoot Star Lord and the daughter of Thanos before?

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I'm going with Guardians of the Galaxy on this one.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@juiceboks said:

@k4tzm4n My mistake, haven't actually voted yet so I'm basing that solely off of the comments.

Ah, understood. Well, your vote seems pretty clear, so what're you waiting for? ;)

Personally, I feel as though Drax and Groot are being overestimated by some (considering the most recent run), but I'm avoiding providing expanded thoughts until Friday.

they aren't being overestimated, Bendis just doesn't know anything about the characters

We're literally using the latest roster, so to just ignore Bendis' run would be... well, a flawed way to view this fight.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#64 frozen  Moderator

Bendis is garbage.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By butters911

@copete said:

I think Uncanny X-Force (Wolverine, Fantomex, Psylocke, Deadpool and Archangel or Nightcrawler) would have been a far more interesting battle.

That's my favorite incarnation of X-force

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

This match-up is really interesting. Reading other people's arguments has made me really question who would win. My initial reaction was that X-Force would take this one but now I'm not so sure. I have read a lot more X-Force stuff than Guardians so I can't claim expertise on Groot or Drax's power levels. I may sit out the vote on this one or go with too close to call.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CheeseSticks

@cheesesticks said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

What and you don't think pepole have tried to shoot Star Lord and the daughter of Thanos before?

Not with the power of luck. She defeated Lady Deathstrike because of it. Maybe if i show you scans you'll see that her power if pretty powerful.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@k4tzm4n said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@juiceboks said:

We're literally using the latest roster, so to just ignore Bendis' run would be... well, a flawed way to view this fight.

But Bendis really is bad at writing the characters. For example Gamora, elite assassin of the Mad Titan Thanos, whos killed more pepole than there are on earth and has went toe to toe with Ronan the Accuser and she gets her ass beat by a no-name bounty hunter?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By dondave

@dondave said:

Her Newer Marvel version took on the entire Guardians roster of Star lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket Racoon.

If your going to try to convince me she is weaker than thise King Kong size Rock Monsters, 80 ton Gamora or 50 toner Drax, I will disagree.

She didn't over power Groot, she cut him with her sword, it's not exactly a strength feat.

Even if she's stronger than Gamora it's not at such level that you can jump from 80 to 100 tonnes. At best they're in the same league considering she didn't one shot Gamora and actually had to work for her victory,

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: yes it does. Thanos is a Galactic level threat! could any of X-force take out a Galactic level threat?? no They could barely take out Apocalypse or even Archangel and that left them decimated! The Guardians have taken out Thanos, The Phalanx and by extension Ultron (may I remind you what happened when Wolverine decided to take on Ultron)..they even beat back a cancer Universe of undying versions of themselves (and other heroes) and one of their own who is also a cosmic level threat!

also for every one else out there who doubts Gamora, Drax and Groot they have Regenerative capabilities that are on par and in some cases out class those of X-force.

x-force is a covert little group that works best when no one knows they're coming. The Guardians are hardened by what 3 or 4 galactic wide wars and a number of minor incursions to boot. They work best in no win situations and going up against the Likes of X-force, mutants who have been fighting every day of their lives, is exactly the sort of fight that they are known for coming out on top.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

I wish there were a way to force people to only be able to vote for the actual teams being set against each other. The description is very clearly Yost's X-Force vs. Bendis's Guardians, so taking into account the characters outside of their titles, or characters not explicitly listed on the roster in the OP, defeats the purpose (in my mind) of a vote.

I'm probably a bit biased but the mere notion of Wolverine & X-23 -- the best at what they do -- combined with Domino's luck does make me lean further in the X-Force's favor.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Guardians.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dewds, can any of X-Force even hurt Drax? I mean, he's supposed to be at least a little under Thanos's might

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mattydeNero
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dondave said:

I completely agree with you on Angela's strength level and skill. I don't think this brings down the skill of the Guardians in any way whatsoever. This just reinforces that Angela is the same character that she was from Image who could duke it out with the top characters in the Spawn Universe and can now put a beat down on powerful Marvel characters.

But, I do have to say, that Rocket's weapons could absolutely hurt her. The writing was pretty poor in this fight. He has weapons that have proven to be more powerful then the combined powers of Adam Warlock and Phyla-Vell put together. He is also not stupid enough to take a shot that could possibly hit one of his teammates like he did here. I'm not saying Angela shouldn't have been able to dodge, but Rocket shouldn't have been that dumb to shoot in the first place. He's been claimed by Starlord to be the most brilliant strategist he's ever met. Starlord has met Cap, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Thanos, etc... Also, Tony Stark has admitted that his tech is at least a generation behind what he's seen from the Guardians, and Rocket has embarrassed Stark several times by showing how primitive his Earth based tech is compared to the rest of the universe.

Groot could also probably put up a better fight then he did here if it was one on one and Groot was written in character. This was kind of bad writing having him not be more of a force in the fight. A lot of the new Guardians is pretty terrible writing though if you were a fan of the old series by DnA. Groot has the strength and durability to trade blows with Thanos.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clemj: his power has fluxed over the year but I think currently it's significantly lower than Thanos

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Killemall

@jashro44 said:

Drax was amped here. I recall @killemall actually mentioning before that even though Drax can kill thanos he wouldn't be able to defeat wolverine according to the guy that wrote that scene (hopefully he can correct me if I am wrong). Drax has a connection with thanos when he is near drax gets amped I believe.

Absolutely.

I cant seem to track down the unofficial questioning where Keith Giffen said about Wolverine, if anyone can help me out here.

But Drax having a glow, which is clearly shown on panel, was explained during Annihilation saga.

No Caption Provided

What Drax did to Thanos is not something he can replicate against anyone else, nor can anyone other than Drax could replicate the said feat against Thanos.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#80  Edited By GraniteSoldier

People do realize Angela's not in this fight and from the description it sounds like Bendis Guardians and Yost X-Force, meaning feats only from those two runs. Not the entire existence of these characters. So Wolverine showings or Gamora showings or whomever outside those runs, from the sounds of the rules, aren't used for consideration. Am I the only one who read that or am I insane?

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#81  Edited By Mezmero

@jashro44 said:

Drax was amped here. I recall @killemall actually mentioning before that even though Drax can kill thanos he wouldn't be able to defeat wolverine according to the guy that wrote that scene (hopefully he can correct me if I am wrong). Drax has a connection with thanos when he is near drax gets amped I believe.

Absolutely.

I cant seem to track down the unofficial questioning where Keith Giffen said about Wolverine, if anyone can help me out here.

But Drax having a glow, which is clearly shown on panel, was explained during Annihilation saga.

No Caption Provided

What Drax did to Thanos is not something he can replicate against anyone else, nor can anyone other than Drax could replicate the said feat against Thanos.

True that Drax can't conjure this kind of strength at will against just anyone but the implications of potential strength are still in play. Kronos created Drax not only to kill Thanos but also to be able to overpower things that would impede him from killing Thanos, for example someone attempting to take his life. I think X-Force should be more afraid of his will to survive than his actual skill. I suppose that kind of strength would depend if Thanos is still alive somewhere during this scenario since it's in character.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Wolfrazer

So somewhat off topic, but who the **** thought that luck was a good idea for a power??....Why?

jaybake724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jaybake724

I would never bet against Gamora. Always go withsome who will do whatever it takes to win.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think the biggest wild-cards on the Guardians side would be Rocket's weaponry (what does he usually carry with him for regular missions and such) Groot and Drax maybe. I say a maybe for Drax because from some of the scans and other talks about him Drax's power goes up only when he's fighting Thanos and he's not usually crazy strong all the time. Not to say that Quill and Gamora aren't threats but I don't think/know enough about them where I think they'll be big enough threats to the X-Force members.

Domino's luck ability is definitely the biggest wild card the Guardians are gonna have to deal with as Domino has shown she can use it consciously as well as subconsciously. Domino could force Peter's or Rocket's weapons to misfire, taking out any other member of the Guardians. Warpath's strength ranges anywhere between i think 70-90 and he's a pretty good hand-to-hand fighter especially with his vibranium knives. X-23 should be agile enough to keep whoever she's fight on the edge and I think her healing factor is better than Logan's so she can take some punishment. Archangel's no slouch either. Thanks to X-Force, he's not just some guy with feathery wings anymore. He's an actual threat, especially as Archangel. Warren's used his wings to literally slice people in half and his toxin is pretty effective. They're also durable enough to withstand a fire blast from Pyro. No needed explanation for Logan since that's been done already before.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By M3th

"Too close to call" I dunno wHo would win but by God, I'd love to see it Happen.

June'sVeryOwn

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Rainja

Im going with X-Force here, The Guardians are gonna put up extreme resistance but i have faith that the murderous X-Force can take anything the guardians dish out and retaliate. Wolverine and X-23 are gonna bring stealth here. I know Rockett Racoon and starlord are good tacticians but so is wolverine and x-23. I sat after a long hard battle X-Force wins

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@tparks The Guardians of the Galaxy are getting their respects on this week's Comicvine Battle article. Figured you'd be interested in their fight against the X-Force :P

Hey, it's me. I had to change my SN because of some identity theft issues, long story. Anyways, I'm definitely going to be diving into this one. Thanks for calling me out.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By adamTRMM

@doombot890 said:

@wolverine08: yes it does. Thanos is a Galactic level threat! could any of X-force take out a Galactic level threat?? no They could barely take out Apocalypse or even Archangel and that left them decimated! The Guardians have taken out Thanos, The Phalanx and by extension Ultron (may I remind you what happened when Wolverine decided to take on Ultron)..they even beat back a cancer Universe of undying versions of themselves (and other heroes) and one of their own who is also a cosmic level threat!

also for every one else out there who doubts Gamora, Drax and Groot they have Regenerative capabilities that are on par and in some cases out class those of X-force.

x-force is a covert little group that works best when no one knows they're coming. The Guardians are hardened by what 3 or 4 galactic wide wars and a number of minor incursions to boot. They work best in no win situations and going up against the Likes of X-force, mutants who have been fighting every day of their lives, is exactly the sort of fight that they are known for coming out on top.

Thanos was taken out by Drax which is pretty much a plot device, how do you think current Drax vs. I don't know, Gladiator would look like. Pretty obvious.

Ultron pwned them and it was also a plot device (which wasn't even among the Guardians) he was taken out by, plus Adam Warlock and Captain Universe who aren't here.

X-Force never fought Apocalypse (especially not in this line-up), they fought Stryfe and he was stomping them hard, to be fair he would stomp Guardians as well.. And Archangel they fought took out AOA Phoenix Jean, he is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>GOTG.

You really think these guys outclass Wolverine's and X-23's HF? Really?

This is true, X-Force is not a bunch of powerhouses and neither are Guardians, otherwise why would Quill decide before his apparent death that they are actually useless and Annihilators should take their place instead?

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think many people here actually realize what some of the guardians are capable of, especially Groot.

@tparks Get in here!

He goes by @oy_the_billy_bumbler now.

His old email was hacked or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@i_like_swords said:

I don't think many people here actually realize what some of the guardians are capable of, especially Groot.

@tparks Get in here!

Ohhh damn I didn't even know that. Cool

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91  Edited By OldManJoe

It seems to I like this fight is a mismatch. X-Force should be fighting something closer to a street level team. And GotG should be fighting a team with a little more raw power.

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's why The Guardians absolutely destroy X-Factor. This is a no contest in my honest opinion. Several of the Guardians could solo all of X-Factor without even breaking a sweat.

X-Factor is full of a bunch of Street Level characters to just above Street Level. Sure, they pack a little extra in healing factors and probability manipulation. They can stomp most of Earth based street level teams with ease. They aren't taking on Earth based heroes in this though. The Guardians are characters that were busy saving the universe every day while the Earth based heroes were in the middle of a "Civil War" over a law that was, in the grand scheme of things, very insignificant.

Take Tony Stark for example. Tony Stark joined the Guardians, because he wanted to see what more was out there. Tony Stark has arguably the best tech on Earth. Tony Stark has admitted that he is at least a generation behind what the rest of the universe has to offer in tech. The Guardians have some of the best tech in their weaponry, which puts them even further ahead of even the Iron Man Armors. Rocket Raccoon repeatedly embarrassed Tony and made fun of how primitive the Iron Man armor was in comparison to even the simplest of what Rocket could do with his weaponry, which brings me to Rocket Raccoon.

Rocket Raccoon could blow the entire team away with one shot. There is no debating that. Going back to DnA's great run that established the Guardians, they spent a lot of time trying to keep the Cancerverse from overtaking the 616 universe. In one such occasion, they were battling the Universal Church of Truth. The UCT was trying to bring the Cancerverse into the universe to help resurrect their savior (Thanos). Anyways, they brought a massive Cancerverse creature through the portal. Adam Warlock and Phyla-Vel tried to push the creature back through the portal. Their combined powers were too weak to perform the task. That's why the Guardians have a genius strategist/weapons specialist in Rocket Raccoon. Rocket's grenade packed enough punch to hurt the creature and push it back through the portal. His grenade packed more punch then the combined power of Adam Warlock and Phyla-Vel, who are high tier cosmic level beings.

Staying on Rocket, he is also a master strategist. He was engineered on halfworld to have a genius intelligence for strategy and tactics by the humans who left him to protect the loonies. He also trained to become the sole protector of the loonies on halfworld, which is why he is so dangerous today. Starlord has traveled the entire universe. He has encountered people like Captain America, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, and even Thanos. Starlord has claimed that Rocket Raccoon has the best tactical mind out of everyone he has ever met in the entire universe.

Rocket was the brains behind dropping the babel spire when Ultron and the Phalanx conquered Hala, the homeworld of the Kree. Rocket came up with a plan to have Groot and Mantis take out all of the forces within the babel spire. This is a good time to talk about how easily Groot could destroy X-factor with ease by explaining his powers.

To topple the Babel spire, Groot rooted himself in the structure of the tower. Groot grew so he was as large as the Babel Spire. That's how big he can get when he wants too. That's the Empire State Building size, if not bigger. Groot also gained the ability from Mantis through her pyrokinesis to let Groot manipulate his sap at a molecular level so he can become flammable at will. In case you didn't know, Groot is fireproof, which is one of the first powers he demonstrated way back when he was a villain and has demonstrated recently in his mini-series with Rocket Raccoon. Anyways, Groot burnt down the entire babel spire, and regrew himself from a sprig. This was the decisive move that toppled Ultron.

Groot's size manipulation through growth give him an excellent healing factor. I would argue it is much faster then both Wolverine and X-23's. It is getting better by the day too. If you have been a long time Guardians fan like myself, then you would know that Groot used to be able to talk normally. Now he is only able to say, "I am Groot!". That's not because of him being dumb like most people think. It's because his species wood grows more and more durable as they age. Groot is actually a genius at Reed Richard levels. Maximus explained this to the Guardians, and this was later proven when Rocket traveled to Planet X. Anyways, Groot has become so durable that he has tanked shots from Thanos on two separate occasions and has been left without any damage. Even if Groot is damaged, he can instantly regrow his damaged limbs.

Groot's age has also given him immense strength. I would put his strength quite a bit above a base line savage Hulk. There is plenty of proof to back this up too. Groot has hit Thanos with enough force to make his body fold in half from pain. Groot, more recently was the member picked between both the Avengers and Guardians to put the beat down on Thanos. This roster included the Hulk. Groot puts a pretty impressive beating on the Mad Titan that Hulk has never been able to do to the same effect. Another of Groot's strength feats is killing the Monster of Badoon. The Monster of Badoon has fought the Thing, and beat Grimm in their fight. Groot, however not only beats the Monster of Badoon, he hits him so hard it knocks his head clean off. The Thing is well above a 100 tonner, and Groot hit with strength much higher then the Thing ever could.

Groot could also use his Dendrokinesis for a very easy win. Groot has the power to absorb, and control anything made of wood. He has the power to build a net of trees that is strong enough to carry a village through space, without killing the people in the village from the effects of space, and all the way to his home planet on Planet X. Groot can turn any piece of wood on the battlefield into a living weapon. Groot can also drop sheds of himself, that are basically small dupes of himself. He can create an army of mini-Groots to fight for him. This is one of the reasons why Groot is arguably immortal also. In Groot's current age, he has the power to instantly change his size at will. He can grow from a sprig, to a ten story giant in the matter of seconds. If Groot is destroyed, one of his sheds can grow and get back in the fight.

Another member of the Guardians with a healing factor that is even better then Wolverine and X-23's when combined with her natural durability is Gamora. Gamora has survived the burning of the sun and healed from it. She has intentionally submerged herself in burning lava and acid so she could kill her opponent by dragging him with her. She came out of the lava and acid with absolutely zero damage to her body.

Gamora is more then just a healer though. She was trained by Thanos to master more martial arts styles then even Batman. Batman may have mastered every fighting style on Earth, but he is limited to Earth based fighting styles (unless I'm mistaken and Batman knows some Alien styles too). Gamora has earned her title as the deadliest women in the galaxy. She has fought Ronan the Accuser to a stalemate. Ronan the Accuser has stopped characters as strong as Black Bolt in his tracks and has absorbed Black Bolts power with no damage, but he still had trouble with Gamora. Gamora could easily destroy all of X-factor on her own with her enhanced physicals, healing factor, and far superior skills (sorry Wolverine).

The other mean and green member of the Guardians is Drax. While he is not quite what he used to be as a cosmic level threat, he still is more then enough to dominate X-Factor level characters. Drax is easily a 50 tonner, and is said to have a healing factor. To be honest, I don't know if he has a healing factor, because he has never taken any damage. Drax has gone up against an entire army of Annihilus forces when he was abandoned on a planet overrun with the opposing army. Drax was able to fight his way through an entire horde of the Annihilation Wave before making his way to Annihilus ship, where he kills Thanos.

Last but not least on the Guardians is Starlord. Starlord, while not without his own share of impressive feats, is not always the one dealing the huge blows like the rest of his team can. Starlord instead uses his expert leadership to put his team in the right place to win. Included in Starlord's victories by leadership and/or strategy include, the Annihilation Wave, the Phalanx Conquest, and Thanos outwitted on three separate occasions. Starlord always looks like he is flying by the seat of his pants, but he excels at this. He also always has a hidden agenda unknown to anyone but himself. He keeps himself three steps ahead of even the genius that is Thanos at all times. He's proven this time and time again. Batman better watch out, because Starlord is moving in on the title of Prep-Master. If three wins over Thanos because of prep doesn't earn him that title, it definitely puts him as a pretty close contender.

So one of the best leaders in the universe is taking a squad of characters that tackle cosmic level Universe ending threats on a monthly basis to take on a team of Earth based characters that are just above street level at best? Ya, I'll take the Guardians in a 10/10 no contest win here.

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus said:

@i_like_swords said:

@tparks Get in here!

Ya, I had some identity theft issues with the email that was attached to my comicvine account. Eveything's cool now, but I like the name Oy better. lol

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@pr0metheus said:

@i_like_swords said:

@tparks Get in here!

Ya, I had some identity theft issues with the email that was attached to my comicvine account. Eveything's cool now, but I like the name Oy better. lol

Oy_The_Willy_Lover

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#95  Edited By boschePG

are there two threads with the XForce -GoTG?

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@i_like_swords said:

@pr0metheus said:

@i_like_swords said:

@tparks Get in here!

That's crazy. Imagine stealing a comic vine account. That's just so pointless.....

nigravirum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so if you matched them up one by one against their respective sides I would see it being:

Wolverine vs. Gamora

X-23 vs. Drax

Warpath vs. Star-Lord

Archangel vs. Rocket Raccoon

Domino vs. Groot

To me, when you place these guys matched up that way, the following wins:

Wolverine beats Gamora (i'm sorry... I usually dont like when Wolverine wins because I'm not a big fan of the group that thinks he ALWAYS wins, but lets face it... he'd take her eventually probably).

Drax beats X-23 (He would beat her pretty easily honestly.... he's not an easy opponent to take down)

Star-Lord beats Warpath (Warpath is good and all, but no way Warpath could break through any of Star-Lord's defenses)

Archangel beast Rocket Raccoon (Archangel has the upper hand with his slight healing factor)

Groot beats Domino (cmon... is that even a question?)

So then this fight becomes Wolverine/Archangel vs. Drax/Star-Lord/Groot.... Wolverine is the key here! Archangel I have to admit probably won't last very long in this fight, but Wolvy.... he has a tendency to never go down! But could Wolverine take down Groot AND Star-Lord AND Drax... I'm not that confident in his ability! So my vote goes for Guardians of the Galaxyto win this match up here. But it wouldnt be an easy fight... just saying.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@nigravirum1: Question: Wouldn't Warpath match with Drax (two big dudes with knives) and Domino/X-23 with RR/Star-Lord? Meanwhile, the flier with big blades would go after the biggest enemy? I mean, Wolverine vs. Gamora makes sense, but I don't think the rrest are "respective" sides.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A raccoon can be trapped by putting a ball of aluminum foil inside a cage with a small hole that the raccoon can grab through. A tree, walking or otherwise, can be beaten by a lit match. And Domino's power is to be lucky. Luckier than her opponents.

X-Force takes this one for free.