This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (35235 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Faora vs. Thor (Movie Versions) (521 votes)

Faora 44%
Thor 51%
Too close to call 4%

Thor has a brand new movie out and Faora's heading to blu-ray this week, so having them engage in a brutal slugfest only seems natural. What would happen if these two powerful characters went head-to-head? Will the DC villain's speed and viciousness overwhelm Marvel's Avenger? Or, will Thor's durability and versatility eventually earn him the win against Superman's foe?

We understand not everyone will enter this one being knowledgeable on both characters, so please keep in mind you have all week to vote. Conduct your own research by checking out the movies or read the detailed arguments which will hopefully be made for both sides. Or, if you do know both characters well, let us know who you think will win and why. Impress us enough (post must be free of videos and scans) and you just may earn the Viner Argument of the Week. You can't put that on your resume, but it's still pretty darn satisfying award.

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • Characters are standard versions and have standard gear (Faora is not adjusted to Earth's conditions).
  • Knockout, incapacitation or death all count as elimination.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 25 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire city region is on limits. Seeing as this battle has the potential to go great distances, assume we're talking about a massive city.
  • It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!

Again, it would be extra cool if you could get your elaboration on as well. If you vote for a character, be sure to tell us why!

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• My extended thoughts on the match.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

#1 Posted by darkbeam (2567 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Faora can speed blitz movie Thor.

#2 Edited by theONEtaichou (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

Truthfully... Faora Ul takes it without a sweat.

Not only is she far faster than Thor, especially combat speed, compareably strong (stronger I would say) and a much better H2H CQC by far but Thor2 actually debunked Thor's best strike feat (cracking the ice ground fighting Frost giants in Thor1) further downgrading Thor imho.

Thor2 proved Thor has no chance fighting against MOS Kryptonians.

Faora Ul 10/10 if she is being nice.

good day

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (46038 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh Katz, don't really know how you expected to get anything other than "SPEEDBLITZZZZZZZZZZZ!"

Not trying to be a downer, but I don't really see an interesting debate coming from this.

#4 Edited by SlimJ87D (11031 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only is she far faster than Thor, especially combat speed, compareably strong (stronger I would say) and a much better H2H CQC by far but Thor2 actually debunked Thor's best strike feat (cracking the ice ground fighting Frost giants in Thor1) further downgrading Thor imho.

Thor2 proved Thor has no sense fighting MOS Kryptonians.

good day

I don't understand or see how Thor 2 showed the debunking of the ice ground striking feat.

#5 Edited by k4tzm4n (35235 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Eh Katz, don't really know how you expected to get anything other than "SPEEDBLITZZZZZZZZZZZ!"

Not trying to be a downer, but I don't really see an interesting debate coming from this.

We've watched Thor endure beatings (from Hulk, Iron Man at boosted levels, Kurse and more), so I don't see why someone can't present the argument he'd last long enough to utilize one of the many powers movie mjlolnir offers (a few which deal radial damage and not direct, therefor nullifying the fact he'd need to tag her directly). It wouldn't be an easy victory -- not by any means and he'd absolutely get smacked around -- but to reduce this to just "lol speedblitz" is a vast simplification of what could be a fairly entertaining battle. Again, this isn't me casting a vote for Thor, but I do believe a reasonable case can be made for either.

Staff Online
#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (46038 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08 said:

We've watched Thor endure beatings (from Hulk, Kurse and more), so I don't see why someone can't present the argument he'd last long enough to utilize one of the many powers movie mjlolnir offers. It wouldn't be an easy victory -- not by any means and he'd absolutely get smacked around -- but to reduce this to just "lol speedblitz" is a vast simplification of what could be a fairly entertaining battle.

I agree, but most Marvel vs DC debates where the DC character is extremely fast tends to be reduced to "lol speedblitz". Eh, I'm hoping for a good discussion though.

#7 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19196 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora wipes the floor with him.

Speed advantages not withstanding, her H2H feats were very well done, she was precise and fluid, demonstrating the ability to attack, block and counter attack.

\

Thor on the other hand is pretty much just a brawler.

Moreover, I see no advantages for Thor in durability either. She was clearly being affected by sensory overload prior to the missile striking her. She probably passed out via the brightness or the loudness of the explosion, rather than the force - which is further supported given the fact that she isn't bruised, bloodied or scratched in any way shape or form.

Thor's durability showings are just as inconsistent.

#8 Edited by k4tzm4n (35235 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08 said:

We've watched Thor endure beatings (from Hulk, Kurse and more), so I don't see why someone can't present the argument he'd last long enough to utilize one of the many powers movie mjlolnir offers. It wouldn't be an easy victory -- not by any means and he'd absolutely get smacked around -- but to reduce this to just "lol speedblitz" is a vast simplification of what could be a fairly entertaining battle.

I agree, but most Marvel vs DC debates where the DC character is extremely fast tends to be reduced to "lol speedblitz". Eh, I'm hoping for a good discussion though.

Well, then go ahead and prove otherwise. Why don't you go ahead and show why this isn't just "lol speedblitz" and has the potential to be fun?

Staff Online
#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (46038 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08 said:

Well, then go ahead and prove otherwise. Why don't you go ahead and show why this isn't just "lol speedblitz" and has the potential to be fun?

Going to go watch Thor: The Dark World in a few hours. I'll put in my input on this after that.

#10 Posted by The Stegman (26670 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning toward Faora, when MOS comes on DVD tomorrow I'll rewatch it (and Thor) and then come back with a detailed response.

#11 Posted by theONEtaichou (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: let me explain...

In T1: Thor strikes the ice ground, causes an earthquake and the entire plane cracks and gets destroyed while the Warriors run towards the teleportation spot. Many viners have used that feat as the incredible strike force that Thor can output. Many viners also seem to forget that 1:it's just ice 2:the ice ground is a small thickness evidenced by the ice creature running underneath the Warriors when it fell. That one scene has been used in many threads here and in other various websites (granted this doesn't concern CV) that Thor has 'compareable' force output to MOS Kryptonians.

In T2: in the beginning of the film he strikes the ground... did you see earthquakes, caverns opening up?? Nothing happened... cracking/breaking ice <<<<<< ground breaking.... ergo

good day

#12 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora

#13 Edited by k4tzm4n (35235 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:
@theonetaichou said:

good day

I don't understand or see how Thor 2 showed the debunking of the ice ground striking feat.

I imagine they're saying that because Thor smashed the ground in the sequel and the attack wasn't as powerful, but the context between the two scenarios are quite different -- or at least I believe so. In Thor 2, it didn't seem at all like he was trying to generate the same amount of force. So yeah, I'd have to agree that him smashing the ground and it not having the same impact as the first film does't negate the feat.

Staff Online
#14 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (21317 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora. Thor may be able to face the other stats, but her speed is far superior than him.

#15 Edited by AllStarSuperman (23291 posts) - - Show Bio
@the_stegman said:

I'm leaning toward Faora, when MOS comes on DVD tomorrow I'll rewatch it (and Thor) and then come back with a detailed response.

exactly what I was gonna say

What I have come up with:

Brains:

Faora is Moral-less. She will go straight for a fight. She doesn't care about property damage. Thor is a warrior and a king. He will probably try to talk to her first. He will also not use property in a fight. Faora definitely takes this in brains/morals.

Fighting Skills:

Faora has similar power levels to Superman and has Kryptonian military training. She was owning Superman for the most part. Thor probably has training from being a warrior, but he tends to brawl. He somewhat impressively took out some SHIELD agents, but that doesn't give him an edge. Also Thor was being fought by Ironman, and it's kinda a given that Faora could own Ironman.

Striking Power/Strength:

The Kryptonians in Man of Steel could shatter buildings and create shock waves. Faora isn't necessarily top dog Kryptonian in this department though. Faora has however thrown Superman out of an IHOP all the way to a bank several blocks away. Superman even dented up the vault door on impacted. Thor has some striking feats like smashing the ground, batting away the Hulk, and blocking a punch from Hulk. I call this round a tie.

Durability:

Faora has advanced alien armor which has taken hits from Superman. Zod's suit is the same as hers. It took 8 punches in the face and got dragged through the ground using superspeed, then Superman charged him into a gas station to break the face mask open. Its highly unlikely the whole sensory/power overload will happen. Thor's armor isn't as durable, as he has been stabbed by Loki. He himself isn't as durable as he has been hurt from Iron Man and Loki's punches. Lets not forget that it took him several hits to break out of a shield caged built for the Hulk. It was implied that the fall would kill him. Faora has durability near Superman's level and he was able to fall from a height greater then Thor's fall, bust through a mountain top and get up just fine. Also Thor decided to jump out of the way of airplane guns. Faora tanked a bigger planes, bigger guns. Faora definitely has more durability.

Speed:

Faora has super speed, she speedblitzed Superman and the military. Thor hasn't used any sort of super speed in his fights. Faora gets this in a stomp.

Weapons:

Faora has a knife. She can easily stab him. Thor has Mjolner. Mjolner has destroyed the planet Jotenheim and Bifrost bridge. Thor gets this round.

Misc. Powers:

Faora can jump high. Thor has shown the power to shoot really powerful lightning. Thor wins this round as well.

Overall:

Thor will by no means be dominated or murderstomped, but Faora wins. He will get some good hits in, but Faora can dodge, tank, and counter what he dishes out. She will use cars and buildings to smash up Thor. She is way more likely to go for the killing move. She will definitely stab him if she gets the chance and she will definitely get the chance.

Random Stuff That's Not Going To Happen In The Fight:

1. Thor will not get the chance to use a lightning strike.
  2. Its highly unlikely the whole sensory/power overload will happen to Faora.
  3. Thor will not place the hammer on her chest like he did with Loki.
#16 Posted by Malonius (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir makes up for Thor's speed deficit. Thor wins.

#17 Posted by k4tzm4n (35235 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08 said:

Going to go watch Thor: The Dark World in a few hours. I'll put in my input on this after that.

Cool. If you think it's unfair, so be it, but at least you'll have more details for Thor before weighing in.

Staff Online
#18 Posted by Ostyo (10503 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora got beat by a Fighter Jet...

That being said...Thor's feats don't compare.

#19 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19196 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I think the feats were pretty similar. He jumped and smahes in the 2nd one. I don't think he jumped in the first one.

It may not negate the first feat, but its also gives us more inconsistencies. Just like his durability showings.

#20 Posted by SlimJ87D (11031 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say that Thor stands a pretty good chance against Faora. This isn't a stomp like everyone else thinks. She likes to talk and bloat, that's part of her character. She's not used to the Earths atmosphere.

The moment she chokes or holds Thor to mock him he could hit her with a magic lightning strike from just pointing his hammer. If this destroys her helmet, I'm sure she would be staggered and Thor can hit her with his strongest strike.

#21 Posted by Dernman (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (46038 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08 said:

Cool. If you think it's unfair, so be it, but at least you'll have more details for Thor before weighing in.

Thanks man. Appreciate all the effort you put into these battles.

#23 Posted by CephalicCarnage (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would take this rather simply. She has no special defense against magic just like any other Kryptonian and Mjolnir of course is magical. Plus, if Faora is not adjusted to Earth's conditions she does not have control over her powers. Thor could just use some Mjolnir lightning and she'd be done extra crispy.

#24 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19196 posts) - - Show Bio

@cephaliccarnage said:

Thor would take this rather simply. She has no special defense against magic just like any other Kryptonian and Mjolnir of course is magical. Plus, if Faora is not adjusted to Earth's conditions she does not have control over her powers. Thor could just use some Mjolnir lightning and she'd be done extra crispy.

Kryptonians aren't weak to magic. This is a movie, not comics. (also they aren't weak to magic in comics either, they just aren't immune to it like they are other things)

Moreover, Ironman absorbed Thor's lightning, implying it can't all be magic.

#25 Edited by TommytheHitman (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

We haven't really seen Thor use punches that can shatter buildings like the Kryptonians did in Man of Steel. Faora has the same abilities as Superman and will have received training in Kryptonian Hand to Hand. However she didn't really show off the skills in the movie.

Armor: Faora has advanced alien armor which has been shown to take beatings from Superman who later in the film smashed through an advanced Kryptonian World Breaker using his fist while fighting against the Gravity. Thor's armor doesn't appear to be that strong though since he's been shown to have been stabbed multiple times by Loki.

Weapons: Faora has a dagger. Thor has Mjolner. Thor takes this.

Powers: All that Thor has shown powerwise is Strength and the ability to generate Lightning. He doesn't seem to be invulnerable since he's been hurt by the likes of Iron Man and Loki. Faora is Kryptonian and while she hasn't shown the ability to use heat vision there's not much reason for why she wouldn't be able to. She has shown the ability to leap tall buildings in single bounds. Survive missiles, gunfire and grenades. She has super speed which she showed while fighting the military and Superman. Thor hasn't been shown fighting people with superspeed which means this could be a major disadvantage for him. And of course Faora has super strength. She's shown the ability to effortlessly hurl Superman from a small diner to a bank vault several streets away. However there is one thing Faora may not be able to stand against. Thor's hammer. Mjolner has been shown destroying the entire planet of Jotenheim and eventually destroying the Bifrost. It's unknown how many hits Faora would be able to take from this as she was shown being knocked unconscious by a missile. However she was shown struggling from her super hearing which might mean the sound of the explosion knocked her unconscious.

Overall I have to say Faora wins this 8 out of 10 times.

Awesome pick btw @k4tzm4n

#26 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19196 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by CephalicCarnage (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Kryptonians aren't actually weak to it, but as you said they are not immune to it, where as normal punches and what not would hardly do a thing to them. That's what I'm implying by that.

As with Iron Man absorbing Thor's lightning, well metal conducts electricity so it supercharged him whether it's magic or not it was still electricity.

#28 Posted by TommytheHitman (3565 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Wardemon32 (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused as to how this is tied? Yea he can take a lot of damage as shown in 'The Dark World' when he was getting his face pounded in to the point where the ground was shaking, but I don't see him getting many hits on her. He might get some hits with Mjolnir but Hulk and Iron-Man was able to tank those hits. Surely Faora can do the same. And he isn't tagging her with his actual speed because he's too slow.

@fallschirmjager

Do you actually make these gifs haha. If you do can you tell me how to do them?

#30 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19196 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: I didn't make them. Just found them!

Awesome huh? I have several. I can PM them to you if you want and you can save them.

#31 Edited by ClawFist (362 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahah, this is awesome! Faora was my favorite thing to come out of Man of Steel. It can be difficult to say, Faora has the speed, and power to give Thor a run for his money. I think Faora would get more hits, but not only can Thor take it, I think when his hammer really hits, that's the beginning of the end there. Ultimately I have to give it to Thor. Sorry Faora ;_;

And if you want me to elaborate, I don't mean it would take one hit from Mjolnir to defeat Faora, but that hammer is a very powerful device. I think it would definitely be the difference in this battle, especially with it's power over the weather and lightning. Honestly, if that suit of her's is damaged, the fight is done, and that Hammer has the capability to do so.

#32 Posted by TommytheHitman (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how people on these Battles tend to research the characters before voting...

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (36229 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold up, when did Thor destroy an entire planet?

#34 Edited by simple_man815 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor just takes her away from yellow sun, and beat the hell out of her.

#35 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19196 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold up, when did Thor destroy an entire planet?

He didn't.

#36 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (12704 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor will just take her away from yellow sun, and beat the hell out of her.

YOu must be a Goku fan, cus only Goku fans make that argument. And how exactly does Thor know about the yellow sun, hmmmmm?

#37 Posted by greenlucario (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonetaichou:

You do realize an ice shelf like in Thor 1 is more brittle than earth right? I'm just saying it doesn't prove anything that we didn't see the ground breaking, plus there's no way to tell if the hits were of equal power.

#38 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (575 posts) - - Show Bio

i think i should watch Thor 2 before making any decision.

But so far im thinking that thor was able to fight Hulk... well... That fight didnt have any conclusion.... and he was just holding him off...
So far i think Faora.
But then again... ill watch Thor 2 and then decide

#39 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (12704 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora is a mean b!+ch

#40 Posted by SlimJ87D (11031 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: let me explain...

In T1: Thor strikes the ice ground, causes an earthquake and the entire plane cracks and gets destroyed while the Warriors run towards the teleportation spot. Many viners have used that feat as the incredible strike force that Thor can output. Many viners also seem to forget that 1:it's just ice 2:the ice ground is a small thickness evidenced by the ice creature running underneath the Warriors when it fell. That one scene has been used in many threads here and in other various websites (granted this doesn't concern CV) that Thor has 'compareable' force output to MOS Kryptonians.

In T2: in the beginning of the film he strikes the ground... did you see earthquakes, caverns opening up?? Nothing happened... cracking/breaking ice <<<<<< ground breaking.... ergo

good day

How do you know Thor was holding back or not on the strikes in Thor 2? Generally, he was always around his allies, innocent people and homes. When he was fighting the ice giants, it was his enemy's territory and he was surrounded by enemies.

T1: Surrounded by enemies only in enemies territory

T2: Mostly surrounded by allies, not in enemy territory but rather around civilians structures, etc and civilians are around.

These are the factors I see being ignored and not addresses in your assessment.

#41 Edited by Wardemon32 (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

Sure, thanks bro, I really apppreciate it haha

@clawfist

Their armour isn't easily damaged. One thing I'd like to point out but I'm kind of keen to the idea is Superman v. Mjolnir. Let's suppose that Superman hits are weaker than Mjolnir, when we saw Superman actually pissed off it took him several hits for him to damage the suit to the point the mask comes off.

His suit obviously took a whole bunch of damage but I'll just focus on the face mask. Superman punched him 8 times in the face and then dragged his face through the ground while they seem to be going near the speed of sound. Then they charge into the gas tank and it blows up.

...the mask isn't even fully damaged YET. Zod has to take the mask off.

When Faora mask gets damaged he tackles her, possibly going over the speed of sound like he usually goes, and drives her face straight into the floor.

#42 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19196 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenlucario said:

@theonetaichou:

You do realize an ice shelf like in Thor 1 is more brittle than earth right? I'm just saying it doesn't prove anything that we didn't see the ground breaking, plus there's no way to tell if the hits were of equal power.

The Kryptonians were shattering the earth, the buildings...pretty much everything they came in contact with. They pretty much are tearing the roads up left and right.

Even if Thor's ice shattering feat wasn't being contested with his lack of ground shattering, the Kryptonians were hitting with just as much force.

#43 Posted by SlimJ87D (11031 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@slimj87d said:
@theonetaichou said:

good day

I imagine they're saying that because Thor smashed the ground in the sequel and the attack wasn't as powerful, but the context between the two scenarios are quite different -- or at least I believe so. In Thor 2, it didn't seem at all like he was trying to generate the same amount of force. So yeah, I'd have to agree that him smashing the ground and it not having the same impact as the first film does't negate the feat.

I responded.

#44 Edited by Shallbecomeabattoo (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora.

I LOVE movie Thor, he is my favorite MCU character, but he gets his ass handed to him. It won't be easy for Faora, but she will take this. I also have to add that, IF she would be used to earths atmosphere (like Kal-El and Zod at the end of the movie), this would end 10/10 for her. Thor would have no chance in hell.

The fight will start with Thor underestimating her, because she is a small woman (He has respect for Sif, but all in all is a very old fashioned guy) and that would give Faora a frikking headstart.

Speed, strength and fighting ability are all on Faoras side.

The speed she shows when decimating the soldiers is much greater than anything Thor has shown, apart from Bifrost or Mjolnir travel. On the ground, she will fight circles around him and I mean that literally, not figuratively.

Her strength, when throwing Supes, punching him and throwing stuff, is also much higher than anything movie Thor shows. Sure, he punched Hulk and knocked a car away in Avengers, but to be honest? In the movies Thor is a 20 tonner at best. When he knocks the car away with his hammer, the car makes a few spins and comes crashing down like ten yards away from him and he used Mjolnir todo that. Sure, he did destroy that ice cliff in Thor 1, but its only ice and it wasn't that thick. Faora on the other hand is clearly more of a 50-80 tonner in the movie, the way she jumps out of pure muscle strength and how she pancakes cars like paper.

Fighting skills. Thor is a good fighter, but relies to much on hitting with Mjolnir and standart brawling. At best he fights like someone out of an old Errol Flynn movie. Faora, however, has kryptonian military training for close quarter combat. So she uses premeditated technic against her opponent. Combined with her superior speed and strength, its lights out for Thor.

What Thor has on his side is Mjolnir, but I am not sure if that would be enough to put her down. Heat Vision, which is shown to be able to cut a skyscraper in half, didn't put her down, so lightning won't do it either.

The place where the fight takes place also favors Faora, since she will use cars and everything to throw at Thor. She also will have no qualms about causing destruction, which Thor will try to avoid.

If he can get lucky and destroys her helmet by accident (he wouldn't be smart enough to deduct the importance of it very quick) he could win this, but thats his only chance. And, no, Faora has no weakness to magic that we know of, since this is the movie universe and not the comics, so that won't help Thor either. We even could go that far and say that actual magic doesn't exist in the MCU, since the Asgardians are clearly higher developed aliens and not magical beings, but thats beside the point.

So, all in all, Faora takes this 8 out of 10.

Hey k4tzm4n! Great battle! Please (!!!) do MoS Zod in full power mode, or Supes against movie Hulk next!

#45 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19196 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: Those masks have tanked small arms fire, Superman's heat visioin, a grenade launcher and 30mm depleted urnaium shells that the A-10s fire.

They are not that easy to break.

Thor's lightning hasn't been all that powerful, as Ironman absorbed it. His best feat was slightly burning Malekith and destroying Chi'tauri fodder.

#46 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised Thor is winning, when he would get his ass kicked by Faora.

#47 Posted by SNascimento (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora.

Thor doesn't even come close.

#48 Posted by ClawFist (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32:

Oh I'm not saying the instance Mjolnir hits her armor it's done. I just think Thor has the durability to take her hits, and that the enchanted power behind Mjolnir has the power to eventually destroy her armor. When you talk about Superman strength vs magical strength, you're talking about two very different attacks. Her armor withstood Superman attacks, yeah that's huge, but we have no idea the level of strength Superman was really using. Zod removed his armor by flexing xD but again, I just think that Mjolnir's enchanted power and electricity would get the job done to damage or short circuit her suit in some way before the fights over.

#49 Edited by MuyJingo (2270 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this is interesting.

The advantage Faora has over Superman is she is actually trained how to fight. While Thor perhaps has some training, it doesn't seem to be in a martial art as such, going by the fact we have never seen him fight in such a way, instead preferring to charge right in and use his size and strength advantage. As far as Speed goes, Thor is clearly and induspitably outmatched. Thor had no speed feat on film that even remotely matched what Faora did without even trying.

Then there is strength, which is a bit harder to determine. I don't exactly recall what Faora or Thor did to show strength. Faora can throw cars, tankers and such I assume with ease, judging by strength feats of other Kryptonians on film. Thor...was able to stand up against the Hulk, which is extremely impressive. Without further evidence to put one ahead of the other, I would think them equal in strength, or at least one is significantly stronger than the other.

The same goes for durability. They both got smashed through various walls and pounded into things without so much as a scratch. Faora took a missile blase to the dome and was fine. I think that beats anything Thor has been trhough durability wise, but still I would put them at more or less equal.

People tend to argue that a Kryptonian should be vulnerable to Thor's Hammer because it is magical, but I don't think that is established in the film version. The MCU doesn't seem to have too much magic yet, but rather advanced technology that appears as magic. While still a formidable weapon, based purely on what we have seen it do, I don't know that it would be enough to stop Faora. All I've seen it do on film is generate lightning..and it is unknown what effect that would have on her. It may well stun her, but I don't think Thor would get the chance to stand and twirl around and generate it in the first place.

So then it becomes a question of Kryptonian weapons against Thor's Hammer. I don't know if Faora's blade, or even one of the rifles they use would be able to hurt Thor. Loki managed to stab Thor and it wasn't implied the blade he used was magical, so I'm going to say Thor is vulnerable.

I don't recall if he was shot in the Avengers, but if he was I don't think it affected him. On the other hand Ironman was able to knock him back pretty easily with his pulse weapons. That alone gives a good indication of where Thor stands in this fight. Measily Ironman gave him trouble.

At the least, I would say that a hit from the hammer would send Faora flying but not injure her too much, while a rifle shot would send Thor flying...not as much, and injure him even less. I'm assuming the blade would be ineffective.

Faora has one further advantage, in that she can jump very very high, very very fast. She was not shown flying. Thor can't exactly fly either, at least not without the aid of his hammer. I think Faora could dodge hammer blows easily and pummel Thor, and Thor would not be able to really react. On the other hand, a single blow from the hammer to her helmet would make her vulnerable and overwhelemed by increased senses.

I think since Faora has the speed and training advantage, and assuming they are equal in strength and durability, she will take this 7 times out of 10. The speed, as fast as she is, it's too much of an advantage. Thor wouldn't be able to hit her most of the time, while she would strike with extreme speed and precision, essentially controlling the fight. Those other 3 times are due to lucky shots and her being overwhelemed by her new senses. If she has already mastered her new senses, then she wins 9/10 times. Either way, she wins, and while there is a more complex argument to be made, it really does come down to the speed.

Winner: Faora

tl;dr:

lol, speedblitz.

#50 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19196 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

it becomes a question of Kryptonian weapons against Thor's Hammer. I don't know if Faora's blade, or even one of the rifles they use would be able to hurt Thor. I don't recall if he was shot in the Avengers, but if he was I don't think it affected him. On the other hand Ironman was able to knock him back pretty easily with his pulse weapons.

I don't think she is allowed to have a gun on her with standard equipment. Those guns were pretty powerful too, they dispatched Kryptonians on the ship who had been exposed to Earth's atmosphere, the guns hurt Superman a few different times too.

But remember...Loki stabbed Thor in the gut in Avengers. Loki has no strength feats either, so ...yeah