This week, we're pitting two incredibly deadly characters against one another and, no matter who's left standing in the end, we're pretty confident the clash would be all kinds of epic. Elektra Natchios or Oroku Saki? That's what we're asking you this week and we're very curious to see who you all think would win in this one. Will you side with the dangerous ninja assassin or the fearsome leader of the Foot Clan? Or, will you be torn down the middle and declare this one too close to call?
We understand not everyone's knowledgeable on both characters, so please keep in mind you have all week to vote. Seriously, this poll's open until Friday morning (ET), so there's no need to rush. Go ahead and conduct your own research or just read through the detailed arguments which will hopefully be made for both sides. Or, if you do know both characters well enough, jump in right now and let us know who you think should win and why. Impress us enough and you just may earn the Viner Argument of the Week (post must be free of scans). You can't put that on your resume, but it's still a pretty darn satisfying award.
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character.
- Characters are standard versions and have standard gear (latest IDW version of Shredder).
- Knockout, incapacitation or death all count as elimination.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 25 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire city region is on limits.
- It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!
Again, it would be extra cool if you could get your elaboration on as well. If you vote for a character, be sure to tell us why! Oh, and do try to remember this is just a conversation about fictional characters fighting, so keep things informative and not personal.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- My extended thoughts on the match.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.