• 152 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) 10 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Bloodshot vs. Daredevil (238 votes)

Bloodshot 57%
Daredevil 37%
Too close to call 6%

Since Halloween is this week, we're placing Valiant's scariest guy, Bloodshot, against the man without fear, Daredevil (we're topical like that). Will Bloodshot's toughness allow him to take down the skilled Marvel hero? Or, will Murdock's talents overcome the soldier's physical advantages? We understand not everyone will enter this article knowledgeable on both formidable dudes, so please try your best to research both of them before casting your vote. If you don't feel like conducting your own research, keep an eye on the debate in here and be sure to read the arguments presented for both sides! And, if you do know about either very well, go ahead and drop a knowledge bomb on everyone. Bring your A-game and you just may be picked for the Viner Argument of the Week.

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • Characters are standard versions.
  • Characters have standard gear.
  • Knockout, incapacitation or death all count as elimination.
  • They're re fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 25 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire city region is on limits.
  • It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• My extended thoughts on the match.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

#1 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12171 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good....first ;]

#2 Posted by Lvenger (19851 posts) - - Show Bio

The Valiant fanboys will be glad you're using a Valiant character on here. Now to find out more about Bloodshot...

#3 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

From what little I know about each character I gotta say Bloodshot

#4 Edited by MichaelSacal (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodshot

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (42171 posts) - - Show Bio

Need to read up on Bloodshot.

#6 Edited by TommytheHitman (3192 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Daredevil will know to kill Bloodshot. Which probably means Bloodshot wins. However Daredevil will win the voting session due to popularity.

#7 Posted by bladewolf (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodshot by a LANDSLIDE. Sure, Daredevil has quick reflexes and his radar sense would alert him to Bloodshot's movements, but that's not enough. Bloodshot can take MASSIVE amounts of punishment and remain standing, so even trying to incapacitate him isn't likely to work. Bloodshot carries an arsenal with him most times and, no matter how good Matt is, he can't survive under hails of fire from machine guns, grenades, and perhaps even a rocket launcher. Even if he gets close, Bloodshot is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant and his nanites will mean that only very, VERY powerful blows can slow him down.

#8 Posted by jashro44 (21598 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I figured bloodshot would wreck, but then I remembered daredevil knows pressure points which can kill. I guess he can put bloodshot down. Hard to say what affect pressure points will have on bloodshot.....

#9 Edited by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladewolf: Just FYI I don't consider a rocket launcher standard gear for Bloodshot. I'm thinking pistols, knives, a few better firearms and 1 grenade.

@tommythehitman said:

I don't think Daredevil will know to kill Bloodshot. Which probably means Bloodshot wins. However Daredevil will win the voting session due to popularity.

He's absolutely capable of incapacitating him. It's just up for debate whether he could accomplish that for a majority.

Staff
#10 Edited by CheeseSticks (2466 posts) - - Show Bio

How can Daredevil even hurt Bloodshot? Isn't that a stomp in Bloodshoot favor?

#11 Edited by i_like_swords (14283 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't been on in a long time but I saw this and thought I'd drop a post.

Bloodshot wins for the sole reason that he can and would use his sonic screech. He's used it before when he's become incapacitated, and seeing as that's Daredevil best chance of winning this fight, he's kind of screwed. Once he susses out Bloodshots healing factor and dances around him for a while, he'll go for the tie up. From there I see Bloodshot blowing Daredevils ear drums out, snapping the billy club cords, and ending Matt's life with a fatal stab in the chest. Or neck.. whatever you prefer.

#12 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you something new.

#13 Posted by bizarrosplace (12 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW, great fight this week. I had to vote for Bloodshot. He is like Wolverine, Cap, and the Punisher in one person. This is not the person DD wants any part of. I think DD would give him a great fight but he will tire and bleed.

#14 Edited by jashro44 (21598 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodshot by a LANDSLIDE. Sure, Daredevil has quick reflexes and his radar sense would alert him to Bloodshot's movements, but that's not enough. Bloodshot can take MASSIVE amounts of punishment and remain standing, so even trying to incapacitate him isn't likely to work. Bloodshot carries an arsenal with him most times and, no matter how good Matt is, he can't survive under hails of fire from machine guns, grenades, and perhaps even a rocket launcher. Even if he gets close, Bloodshot is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant and his nanites will mean that only very, VERY powerful blows can slow him down.

Daredevil doesn't need powerful blows. He has finesse. And in some cases a precise blow can be worlds more effective then just a powerful punch.

In the above scans daredevil uses a pressure point to make Mr.Hyde stop breathing. Any evidence that bloodshot can remain conscious without air? Daredevil knows other pressure points which can kill as well. I don't believe bloodshot is going to tag daredevil in character.

#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

How can Daredevil even hurt Bloodshot? Isn't that a stomp in Bloodshoot favor?

Having a healing factor doesn't render someone immune to pain and immune from incapacitation. Not by a long shot. Bloodshot may have physicals on his side, but Daredevil has a huge edge in agility, reflexes, and skill. It boils down to which one you happen to value more and think will serve as a greater factor.

Staff
#16 Edited by dondave (37345 posts) - - Show Bio

If they decide to get into close combat, it's not implausible that Bloodshot can catch a punch from Daredevil and from there rip off his arm.

#17 Edited by munkieKONG (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody up there said Bloodshot is like a combination of Captain America, Wolverine, and the Punisher. That's probably the best description I can think of.

When I first read this I thought "Well Daredevil can dodge gunfire and he's infinitely more agile than Bloodshot so that's about that."

While those things are true… That just gives Daredevil a way not to lose, but not really a way to win. If he wants to go for the win, he's going to have to sacrifice his defensive tactics. He'll have to stop moving around enough to accurately throw a club, or even worse, approach Bloodshot which will drastically reduce his ability to dodge incoming gunfire.

But Daredevil's quicker and knows pressure points etc…. 1) Are we even sure that pressure points would work on Bloodshot? 2) It doesn't matter how many blows you land on someone if your blows are more or less inconsequential. Eventually Daredevil will get tagged. And it will snowball. The best chance for Daredevil injuring Bloodshot is to try and break bones, etc, because that actually takes Bloodshot some time to regrow, but hell, we've seen him stab someone through the face with the jagged bones sticking out of his forearm so that could even be a dangerous move.

It's not so much that Bloodshot could just flat out take Daredevil down, but I think if Daredevil tries to go for the win…. which he has to based on the scenario… he will have to sacrifice his survival to take his shot. That will leave him open enough for Bloodshot to connect and win.

#18 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't know much of anything about Bloodshot, but after reading up on him he sounds like Murdocks worst nightmare

#19 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: You need to give some information that it would likely happen. You can't just assume anything in a battle to the death. Daredevil will fight til he dies. Bullseye beat him to death in public. If there was any prep, DD would most likely research his tactics and emotions as he did to Bullseye to send the man that killed him into a spiraling madness.

#20 Posted by i_like_swords (14283 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody up there said Bloodshot is like a combination of Captain America, Wolverine, and the Punisher. That's probably the best description I can think of.

..not really. Only thing he has in common with Punisher is that he uses guns. Only thing he has in common with Wolverine is that he heals (with nanites, not naturally). And the only thing he really has in common with Cap is similar-ish stats and a military background (but everyone here has a military background, along with a lot of other characters).

#21 Posted by Black_Thought (3 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight is almost unfair. Sure, Daredevil has his agility, superhuman senses and reflexes to rely on but Bloodshot actually has powers. He can heal rapidly and even camouflage himself to look like others. But the biggest advantage is his sonic screech. And we all know Daredevil does not like loud sounds...

#22 Edited by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

Just so everyone knows, Bloodshot has used his sonic scream a grand total of once in his appearances. It's not exactly a common attack.

Staff
#23 Posted by Rick_Grayson (776 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know anything about Bloodshot other than what I've read from his page, would be interested to see some feats for his screech, seems like the perfect weapon against Daredevil if it's strong enough

#25 Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact still remains that he has something like that in his arsenal and can use it...

Of course, but I don't want people to have the impression that's his go-to attack or anything when the polar opposite is true.

Staff
#26 Posted by Black_Thought (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Just so everyone knows, Bloodshot has used his sonic scream a grand total of once in his appearances. It's not exactly a common attack.

The fact still remains that he has something like that in his arsenal and can use it...

#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised no one has yet to address how the location can play a role.

Staff
#28 Posted by longbowhunter (7077 posts) - - Show Bio

My first instinct was Bloodshot. He's an unstoppable soldier for cryin' out loud. But Daredevil has been around forever and is skilled at defeating an array of opponents. This would probably be similar to when he fought Nuke in the pages of Born Again. But I don't know. I voted to close to call.

#29 Edited by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

My first instinct was Bloodshot. He's an unstoppable soldier for cryin' out loud. But Daredevil has been around forever and is skilled at defeating an array of opponents. This would probably be similar to when he fought Nuke in the pages of Born Again. But I don't know. I voted to close to call.

That fight crossed my mind when thinking about this match :D

Staff
#30 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

At first I figured bloodshot would wreck, but then I remembered daredevil knows pressure points which can kill. I guess he can put bloodshot down. Hard to say what affect pressure points will have on bloodshot.....

Hoe does Pressure Points work on Synthetic Robot like body?

#31 Edited by i_like_swords (14283 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Just once? I could of sworn I read it being used a second time. Maybe I'm delusional lol. Still.. I think if he was in a situation where it was the last card in his deck he'd probably pull it out.

#32 Posted by nickxfrye (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I hate to do this because DD is probably my favorite Marvel character but based on my research I gotta give this one to Bloodshot. Although Bloodshot's meta-morphing abilities will be rendered moot due to DD's blindness his sonic screech could be the undoing of the Man Without Fear. It appears as though DD is the superior hand-to-hand combatant but Bloodshot's nanite healing will be a major factor (hehe, get it? Healing factor?); he can take a lot more damage than DD and still stay in the fight.

Bloodshot will last long enough against DD's attacks to figure out that one sonic screech will take him out.

#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

It didn't work on Nuke.

(not that you asked, but it's worth noting Nuke's far more durable than Bloodshot)

Staff
#34 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by dondave (37345 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

He also used it in his fight with Harada and a Harbinger and against his former Handler and some bodyguards when they dismembered him

#36 Edited by longbowhunter (7077 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Right on man. I usually don't vote or comment on these things. Never feel I have much new input on the matter. But this is a very interesting throwdown. I'm curious to see what the results will be.

#37 Edited by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@k4tzm4n said:

He also used it in his fight with Harada and a Harbinger

No he didn't. That was a "synaptic disruption surge," designed to disable psionic abilities.

Staff
#38 Edited by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

@k4tzm4n: Right on man. I usually don't vote or comment on these things. Never feel I have much new input on the matter. But this is a very interesting throwdown. I'm curious to see what the results will be.

I'm surprised by the results. I can understand someone thinking Bloodshot wins, but thinking powers alone = autowin -- especially against someone with infinitely better skill and mobility feats -- isn't giving the fight proper justice. I think no matter who wins, it's going to be a long and awesome fight. Also, thanks.

Staff
#39 Edited by dondave (37345 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@dondave said:

@k4tzm4n said:

No he didn't. That was a "synaptic disruption surge," designed to disable psionic abilities.

It shorts out the person brain not only psionics. It worked on ordinary human as well, killed them in fact.

#40 Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@dondave said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Really, it worked on ordinary human as well, killed them in fact

You're referring to the fight in HARBINGER WARS #2, yes? The one where his Harada protocol takes over?

Staff
#41 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

@jashro44 said:

It didn't work on Nuke.

(not that you asked, but it's worth noting Nuke's far more durable than Bloodshot)

Pressure points also failed on wolverine IIRC becuase his healing factor.

I am convince Pressure Points will not work.

#42 Posted by dondave (37345 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@dondave said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@dondave said:

@k4tzm4n said:

You're referring to the fight in HARBINGER WARS #2, yes? The one where his Harada protocol takes over?

No, I'm referring to to the scene from Bloodshot #10 where the fight is also seen but it says that the Synaptic Burst affect the targets brain, I guess the writers had different views when they wrote the scenes. To be honest it doesn't really matter because he used it again in Bloodshot #12 to kill his handler and guards when they dismembered him.

#43 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

Some Blood Shot Info.From a past Tournament Thread. @jwalser3 scans.

BloodShot

So this nano killing machine is pretty rad. Here is some information on his abilities.

With enhanced senses, cloaking, hacking, and disrupters, I'd say he's a pretty dangerous foe.

Shape Shifting and Cloaking. Daredevil could detect him, but would he know the difference if Blood shot change body types?

Then he just have to..

Or render himself invisible.Could throw DD off. "Hey Citizen, where did this guy go?" Blam.

@dondave The Sonic Screech and Synaptic Burst?

Has a healing factor as well. Various healing factor feats.

Scans may be backwards.....

And don't give me that "Well a head shot will end it!" he has been clearly shot in the head before and was fine.

That should have K.O'ed him.

DD is in a major uphill battle.

#45 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

At first encounter, Bloodshot would use his nanites to access the nearest computer and use the internet to search comicvine.com and immediately learn everything about Daredevil. Daredevil would be thinking "who is this dude and what in the world is a Valiant Universe? This is beneath me." Bloodshot would then use his nanites to control all electronic devices in the area sending out any and all signals to disrupt Daredevil's radar sense, possibly causing Daredevil pain and limited to no mobility. Bloodshot would then shoot him multiple times, approach and stab him, then to be sure, he may beat him with his own billy club. I think Daredevil's biggest mistake here would be serious underestimation of a very powerful threat.

#46 Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@dondave said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@dondave said:

@k4tzm4n said:

No, I'm referring to to the scene from Bloodshot #10 where the fight is also seen but it says that the Synaptic Burst affect the targets brain, I guess the writers had different views when they wrote the scenes. To be honest it doesn't really matter because he used it again in Bloodshot #12 to kill his handler and guards when they dismembered him.

#12 was a synaptic burst, not a sonic scream.

I can't seem to find my copy of BLOODSHOT #10, but Duane co-wrote HW #2 with Dysart.

Bloodshot has a lot of options at his disposal, there's no denying that. But the sonic scream? It's not something I see as a big factor because it's not really a common tactic for him. Can it be attributed for a win or two? Sure, but personally, I don't see that as the game changer here.

Staff
#47 Posted by Wolverine08 (42171 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine vs Daredevil!

I wouldn't use that scan if I were you. For one, Garth Ennis admitted that he was lowballing and trying to make Wolverine look like a clown in that story. Secondly, it's inconsistent and goes against Wolverine's consistent history of going unfazed by nerve strikes. Wouldn't use scans from that story to try prove a point at all really.......

#48 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: " but would he know the difference if Blood shot change body types?"

They begin visible in an unpopulated area, so I wouldn't consider it a factor here.

Staff
#50 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: @dondave: From what I discovered, he has used Synaptic Burst Twice and Sonic Scream once.

Either way it seems in character to use one or the other for a win.