Comic Vine Battle of the Week Results: Faora vs. Thor (Movie Versions)

• 167 results
McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

voters screwed up this time

DarkKnightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For the next battle, I suggest Jamie Madrox against Riot. Self cloners!

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#104  Edited By queenfrost_

As I said originally, Thor 100% was going to win. And not because Thor would actually defeat Faora, but because he has a new movie out, is immensely more popular and is a man.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

Avatar image for eagerbuttermilk
eagerbuttermilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By lantian1

What proof is there that physical force on Earth will put Thor down?

Every time he has been injured it's by weapons not from our realm

Even Kurse emitted some other power than physical force. Evidenced when he grabs Asgardians and we have no idea what the properties of a rock in Svartafheim are.

It took an enraged Hulk just to give him a nose bleed

Only one thing has managed to knock him out and even then only for a short time

Nheritor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Nheritor

@cadencev2: I dont need to be impressed to know that Faora would win this fight.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianxeno929:

You do realize the simple logical flaw behind your reasoning right? Ill explain it to you...Faora's whole body is clearly moving at super speeds, yet her arms are the only part of her body that can't? Again.....c'mon.

Exactly how do you hit a golf ball hard, but not fast and vice versa?? That makes no sense.

No......sonic booms are created by the shockwave of something moving beyond the speed of sound.....it's science....why is this so hard for you people to understand? Look up the definition if you have to

Thats a right lie, there was no speed shown in that fight.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Pokergeist

@nheritor said:

@cadencev2: I dont need to be impressed to know that Faora would win this fight.

Then your bias. I go by evidence and feats rather than blind fanboyism of, "OMG she moves so fast, she must be lightpseed like the comics!" crap.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it. Thor wins and people are all "POPULARITY CONTEST!!!!" but put Batman against her and people would be all "PREPTIME122MARTIALARTSBBQ!!!!111!"

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nheritor: yeah is only fast when he uses is hammer , but one thing i like about him is that he usually hang with light speed characters like silver surfer, superman, sentry and ego the living planet. and one other thing i like about him his is reaction time. damn Thor is skilled in using is reaction time, that is why he casn fight light speed characters with ease. according to Wikipedia, thor flies at supersonic speed on earth, but on space he goes faster than light. he can hang with the flash also.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By RisingBean

@risingbean said:

Ok. I'll play devil's advocate.

1. Area of attack. Thor can use Mjolnir to create tornadoes and quasi magical lightning that should do some damage.

2. Thor can fly, Faora cannot. Mobility can be a game changer if Thor takes the high ground and uses ranged attacks.

3. Pain and durability. Thor got manhanded by Kurse and all he had to show for it were some abrasions. No damage of any lasting value.

4. Superman was green. Thor hasn't shown us his Kung Fu but it is shown that he knows his way around a fight. He has experience and that should count for something.

5. Faora has an exploit. She was taken down with conventional weapons after her mask broke. Do you seriously think Thor couldn't break it if he connects?

6. While outclassed in speed, Thor was fast enough to block blaster bolts fired at him. If he can tank Faora to some degree he has a chance to either hit her or simply to bring down an area effect on himself.

Some things to think about.

1. AoE is pointless in 1v1. Tornadoes? Not going to do anything. Lightning? Barely burned Malekith.
  2. 99% of Thor's flying is used for travel.
  3. Thor has been stabbed and bloodied by Loki and Hulk. Faora has never been scratched.
  4. He's not a scrub but he's hardly a martial arts master.
  5. That mask was broken by SUPERMAN. It had tanked small arms fire, 40mm grenades, 30mm depleted uranium rounds and a mess of various other explosions. Zod's mask was punched like a dozen times, smashed through buildings and an explosion. Moreover, Thor doesn't know about this weakness like Superman does. The amount of hits required and the specific knowledge of the weakness means Thor isn't going to break it, and its questionable if he can.
  6. Thor has pretty much never displayed combat intelligence. Despite the fact that he can fly, he slugs it out with Hulk - despite the fact that they ultimately win by flying Hulk off the hellicarrier. Despite being able to fly, he never attempts to gain higher ground on Kurse and attack him at range.

1.Area of effect is not pointless at all. Faora is faster then Thor. The more area he blasts the more likely he hits her. Tornadoes could do something. She doesn't fly. Neither did the Destroyer. Thor didn't play around that fight and he smashed it. Malekith was a low showing. Dramatic effect and all that.

2. Thor flew when he destroyed the Destroyer. If Thor is in it to win it he may take one of Faora's strengths and negate it. It all depends on his headspace and timing.

3. Loki has Asgardian tech. I'm betting they have uber sharp stuff. Weapons of war and all that. Thor promptly forgot about that stab and went back to kicking ass. And the Hulk who casually one shotted a Leviathan gave Thor a bloody nose. No more.

4. We can agree here. He isn't a martial arts master, though he is a good warrior. He hasn't needed Jujitsu or Karate. He is a Godlike being with a quasi mystical hammer. He has shown to kick ass 90% of the time.

5. Ok. So Thor hitting with his hammer is no place near Superman? I call B.S. here. Faora isn't going to want to get hit and Thor could break her mask. It's not even something he'll do on purpose. If she gets hit there is a chance her mask will break and then she is in trouble.

6. Thor really hasn't needed to plan. He's pretty straightforward. As per the Hulk, he 1. didn't seem to take the fight too serious until blood was drawn and he called on Mjolnir, and 2. He was in an enclosed area where to go all out would kill everybody on board the Helicarrier. Also I wouldn't hold the Kurse fight against Thor. His mother was dead. He was not thinking clearly nor do I think he expected Kurse to be so strong.

Another thing to consider with Kurse. Like Loki after he met the Hulk, Thor had a few abrasions. No lasting damage. No need to rest up and regain Hp. Just a bit of cosmetic damage.

I'm not going so far as to say Thor takes a majority. I could see it going for Faora. But on the first page we had a lot of whiners who downplayed Thor. I just thought it could be closer then some let on.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

why is there only one picture of faora but like four of thor? lol sigh comicvine, sigh

ThreadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ThreadPool

Dang it, guys. Let's all be reasonable here. Even if you don't think Faora would win, (and I said toss up, leaning towards Thor because of Mjolnir and Faora's atmospheric weakness) to say that she wasn't impressive is to be in total denial. Imagine Thor doing the stuff she does.

The speed, the ferocity. She stood toe to toe with Superman. That's all that needs to be said.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#117  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@perfect_10 said:

why is there only one picture of faora but like four of thor? lol sigh comicvine, sigh

Probably because, you know, he won the poll. Does that really matter, especially when the core of the article itself is saying why I believe she should win? I'd like to believe that's far more respectful than, "oh look, here's just one more picture of her standing around." Also, I did consider it, but she didn't have her helmet activated and I didn't want to cause confusion over her status in the battle.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

Then I can use travel speed as combat speed in comic battles according to that logic. But I already til the other guy I saw something I had misse that was mostly off camera

Hulk hitting a golfball v quicksilver hitting one is my answer to that.

Earlier I mentioned that it didn't show till superman got nicked back, it not impossible to say the force of her strike sent him flying at supersonic speeds, but I already conceded the speed thing

And I'm not sure which fight, the hulk vs thor? I meant just the two first punches and the jet toss.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lb70145 said:

Holy... alright then. This is really awesome! Thanks

@k4tzm4n

for the selection.

I will try to contribute more to these battles. It was quite fun coming up with a scenario.

Thanks for the great post.

Happy to hear that.

HybridComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I must say, many people are overhyping Faora while underplaying Thor. Many of the viners here assume a punch from Faora would send Thor flying but I disagree, even if her punches are at blinding speeds. The only opponent to really send Thor "flying" is Kurse, who was arguably the most physically strong character seen in the MCU at this time as he was powered by what appeared to be a small amount of the Aether (Power Gem). That being said this fight has the potential to go both ways but after seeing Thor: The Dark World & rewatching Man of Steel I came to a rather obvious conclusion. The winner in this fight would be Thor. Here's how I break it down....Thor beats Faora stats wise, minus speed which is obviously important, especially when it comes to strength, durability, experience, & energy projection. Faora has the edge in only speed when you break it down & analyse each character.

STRENGTH: Kryptonians are strong, but Thor was able to physically able to match The Hulk & even crush Iron Man's armor with his bare hands (shown to be extremely durable as shown in Iron Man 2 & presumably more durable than MKIII in Iron Man which could take tank fire, various rounds of bullets, going through buildings, Ivan Vanko's whips, etc. without causing "major" damage). Faora did have the strength to cause shockwaves with her punches while also sending a fellow Kryptonian (Superman) flying a great distance without showing much strain. She also moved very fast with what appeared to be a heavy protective suit. It could be assumed their strength is comparable to each other but on a strength scale of 1 (normal human) -10 (Kurse) It's safe to say Thor is an easy 8.5 while Faora an 7-8.

SPEED: Faora rules this category when it comes to transportation speed, but not fully when it comes to reflexes. Reflexes in combat tie in greatly when it comes to experience, which is a more likely playing field for this battle. Faora moved to her opponent fast but didn't engage in combat with the same speed, if she did it would look like a fight from Dragon Ball Z. Thor was able to anticipate & block energy blasts from Chitauri weapons & also catch mjolnir moving at supersonic (maybe faster) speeds with no harm to himself showing he is fully capable of going against high speed moving targets. The speed at which Faora fought was no faster than the speed Asgardians fought at in Thor: The Dark World or Frost Giants fought with in Thor. I'd say moving speed Faora wins but combat speed/reflexes they're essentially even.

DURABILITY: This category is heavily on Thor's side. If you haven't seen Thor: The Dark World, the thrashing Thor received from Kurse is all the evidence you need to understand essentially nothing can bring him down. Thor also took many hits from Malekith using the Aether fully against Thor, which is very impressive considering the destructive power stated the Aether has. Faora, even though able to take punches from Superman was KOed by fighter jet weapons which is obviously not as powerful as an attack from mjolnir which we could all assume she would get hit with in this battle. Also when it comes to environmental conditions Faora is not able to cope, which is a weakness Thor doesn't have. Thor wins this category

EXPERIENCE: Thor takes this cake & eats it too, he has been fighting for at least 1,000 years against a variety of enemies in the 9 Realms. Also, from what has been shown, he fights armies not just a handful of people. He is given credit for "bringing peace" to the 9 Realms, showing how efficient he is in combat in varying environments against opponents in their home terrain. Faora has military training but no experience even comparable to Thor's experience, especially in unfamiliar locations against enemies unlike herself (Krypton didn't go to other planets while she was there) shown by her cockiness against humans & Superman. Thor takes experience.

FIGHTING SKILL: Arguably the most important thing in a fight, they are practically even when you think about it. Thor (as said in the last category) has much more experience, allowing him to match opponents such as Loki (able to best Captain America in a fight), various warriors across the 9 Realms, & beat many S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to the point Agent Coulson says, "You made my men, some of the most highly trained professionals in the world look like a bunch of minimum-wage mall cops. In my experience, it takes someone who's received similar training to do what you did to them." Faora though, is a highly trained combatant on Krypton....which is a debatable claim. Here's why, Zod (who would be considered the best combatant on Krypton as he was born for it, and the highest military official) lost in hand-to-hand combat to Jor-El. Jor-El never should have military training, especially on par with Zod, as he was born to be a scientist & before the Kryptonian Civil War Krypton had no conflicts recorded (at least for hundreds of years). Superman, who had never been in a fight, also did incredibly well against Zod & Faora making me question if her beating so many humans & putting a pounding on Supes was her combat skills or just a combination of strength & speed. That being said, Kryptonian training in combat doesn't seem as impressive as training on Asgard, thus I give fighting skill to Thor.

ENERGY PROJECTION: Thor wields mjolnir, able to manipulate weather & also project/summon lightning which is arguably magic (in Avengers it gives Thor his armor). Faora has heat vision but most likely it wouldn't hurt Thor in a major way as his durability has shown him capable of taking blasts & enter a tornado of the Aether, considered the most destructive force in the universe. Between the incredibly dangerous natural disasters Thor can conjure with mjolnir Thor takes this category.

ThreadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ThreadPool

Wait a sec. When have we actually seen Thor exhibit anything besides a brawler's approach to a fight? These crazy-powerful characters, Superman, Thor and the Hulk are brawlers at heart. To a point, that's a weakness. There's that intersection where power and skill meet and it doesn't matter how much skill you have. You will be overwhelmed. It appears that Faora is right at that point. That's why it's a close call. Her skill would probably overtaken by the sheer power and durability.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@hybridcomics: While I don't exactly agree with you, it is very nice to see such an elaborate post in favor of Thor which sticks to the facts instead of making things personal and degrading others. Bravo.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

@k4tzm4n Yes I have a suggestion for battle of the week. A master escape artist against a stretchy character, both of whom are geniuses (and Misters) - Mr Fantastic vs. Mr Miracle. It would give us a chance to ponder a few other options than who can speed blitz faster or the usual stuff about dodging bullets. Could Mr. Fantastic put Mister Miracle in a hold that he could not get out of?

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razzatazz: Not trying to be a downer..But don't Mister Miracle carry a mother box?Or has control over the source.. I'm not sure..

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I thought the two winning arguments were very good, makes a change from the usual fan boy "xxx stomps" riposte. I am still veering towards Faora, just because in the films, the kryptonians seems far faster than Thor and physically stronger, but as people have pointed out Thor took a lot of punishment without any lasting damage, whereas Faora was ko'd at one point when her mask broke.

Anyway, that battle is done so no point in dwelling on it. Can we have Batman v Spiderman next, because I really, really think Batman can take it, although 90% of viners think otherwise..!

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Faora should've won.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I will be that guy and say **** MoS, and the fans that over hype it. Thor won and rightly so imo. All these crying kids over Thor win, Miles should have beaten Terry, Ultimate Cap should have beaten Deathstroke. Glad to see at least Thor beat Faora.

So its only okay when you and people you agree with cry and lament. Noted.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Popularity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Common sense.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Geez, some people are acting like Thor winning is some heinous crime. Its not a big deal.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#130 TifaLockhart  Online
The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol. People are really worked up about this.

JeredMcCorkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

So Thor won the vote by a decent margin, but you spent most of your commentary explaining why that shouldn't have happened. If you thought the result should have been so obviously in Fiora's favor, that it required you to take an exceptional amount to explain why Thor shouldn't have won, why would you pit the two against each other in the first place?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jeredmccorkle said:

So Thor won the vote by a decent margin, but you spent most of your commentary explaining why that shouldn't have happened. If you thought the result should have been so obviously in Fiora's favor, that it required you to take an exceptional amount to explain why Thor shouldn't have won, why would you pit the two against each other in the first place?

No, I spend the middle of the article saying why I think it would go differently. Just because I sometimes have a winner in mind when creating these matches doesn't mean they're not fun to think about, a close/debatable fight, and, most obvious of all, that everyone would share my opinion.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this reaction when Thor could literally win this match up with a twirl of his hammer. She can' t fly, absolutely no ranged ability, she has nowhere near the same level of striking power / durability showings - but shes faster than Thor and was the only Kryptonian who applied super speed in the film - yet happily allowed everything that wasn't Clark to strike her.

Rage away

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@isaac_clarke:

Actually Zod and Superman used their speed at the end of the movie.

Any feats from Thor suggesting he has more striking power? And durability? I'm pretty sure she's more durable but feats?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By isaac_clarke

@wardemon32: Flying around smashing into each other or holding onto each other as they fly fast is hardly utilising their speed to the same extent Faora was when she's oneshot speed punting three soldiers or demolishing Clark in hand to hand. That is assuming you aren't trying to say Clark and Zods fists are breaking the sound barrier hitting one another

Because his single swings have leveled the adjacent forest's trees in a ahockwave, up-rooted the ground / shattered the glass from the library some distance away and his lighting strike leveled miles of Jotenheim. Beats the hell out of Faora's strikes damaging a Ihop Clark Bullrushed them into or causing minor damage to the road smashing Clark into it. Her durability consist of being KOed by a rocket - Thor's face tanking the destruction of the Rainbow Bridge, energy blasts the vaporize Frost Giants, his own lightning, Kurses beating that has him being smashed into solid rock creating a crater without harm and an enraged Hulk's fist - which given the striking power displayed later in the film beats the tar anything Faora tanked for hits.

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all honesty, this isn't even a fair fight. DC characters are overpowered out the @$$. But Thor would definitely last quite a bit against her, he took a beating from both Hulk and the Kursed guy and if his lightening truly is magic-based...doesn't that count as a weakness? Isn't Supes supposed to be weak against magic? Or I guess that doesn't count since this is movie and not comic. I

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I think Zod would have stood a better chance.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I thought faora was gonna win, this is lame.

SoftMachineOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it. Thor wins and people are all "POPULARITY CONTEST!!!!" but put Batman against her and people would be all "PREPTIME122MARTIALARTSBBQ!!!!111!"

Well movie Batman lose to movie judge dredd.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#143  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It was obvious Thor was going to win this, his fans should be twinned with the Raindrops.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By DarkDay

@colanicole said:

I hate the fact Thor fans voted for him despite knowing he would get humiliated but are no where to be seen now.

Thor was slapped by Jane Foster in Thor 2, and yet he took quite a beating from the Kurse

Thor's durability is so.. inconsistent(?

I'd point out that he wasn't exactly injured by the slap. If anything he was just sort of surprised by it and then didn't even pay it any more attention beyond not expecting it as a greeting.

Nheritor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Haha...to be a fanboy i would need to be impressed, and i never said that. But Faora is clearly faster than Thor lightspeed or not. and im not bias i like thor but i just dont think he would win this fight.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nheritor said:

@cadencev2: Haha...to be a fanboy i would need to be impressed, and i never said that. But Faora is clearly faster than Thor lightspeed or not. and im not bias i like thor but i just dont think he would win this fight.

Fair enough.

PabloGdeAnda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To all the people saying the punches were strong enough to make a sonic boom but weren't fast:
LEARN SOME PHYSICS.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my best friend's mother makes $86/hour on the computer. She has been out of work for 8 months but last month her pay check was $17238 just working on the computer for a few hours. he said =======>> W­W­W.J­O­B­S­2­5.C­O­M

No Caption Provided

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

THORRR!