Comic Vine Battle of the Week RESULTS: Colossus vs. X-O Manowar

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I still think the whole Aric is an idiot was way overplayed. He has feats of cunning, actually.

I also think his durability is underplayed. He took on an entire alien army and the armor never took a scratch, Aric just passed out after fighting all day and taking repeated hits.

The armor also has an AI than can help him in combat.

I voted could go either way.

bloodmoon_lvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well looks like popularly play roll in colossus winning.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: hey bro this is totally a suggestion but what would you say to

Psylocke (with limited TP/TK) vs someone like Cassandra Cain (or something like that)

because Psylocke is a relatively unknown character and it would be a good chance for the Vine in general to get a reading on her powers.

I thought Psylocke was like the 3rd most powerful telepath in the MU

@k4tzm4n said:
@wasmiley said:

Sam and Dean Winchester vs. Stefan and Damon Salvatore. It's not really comic book characters, but it would still be a good one.

Vampire Diaries?!

BANNED.

But really, sorry, I try to keep it limited to comic book characters. Perhaps you could make that in Off-Topic?

Not that I really want to see this match up, but it is a possible match up in a round about way. You want to keep it with comic book characters, well DC has put out multiple volumes of that Supernatural as well as a new run of that Banned one (VD). So you could do it.... if you had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for some reason.

I dont know about Sam and Dean (sounds like Supernatural or something but they have a Vampire Diaries comic out now

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@degraaf: ha ha ha no Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Moondragon, Thanos, Prof X, Sentry, Loki, Meggan (i think), Rachel Grey, Cable (when he had his powers), X-man and a few others have higher TP feats than she currently has (also you'll not that i said to limit her TK and TP because her other stats are only street level)

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well looks like popularly play roll in colossus winning.

ya know what no... that is wrong and unfair @k4tzm4n already explained this on the first page and he was nice about it... the fact is that X-O doesnt have the feats to beat Colossus and if he does i didnt see you posting them.

Mellow_Hype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mellow_Hype

Damien Wayne vs Hit-girl

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

oh crap!!!!! I was viner argument of the week for Aric!!!! awesome! (even though my argument was foe the loser lol)

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kidman560

oh crap!!!!! I was viner argument of the week for Aric!!!! awesome! (even though my argument was foe the loser lol)

dont sell yourself short... i think you did an excellent job and it definitely felt like you knew what you were talking about. keep it up man!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5982335fb56d9
deactivated-5982335fb56d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X_O wins

corpsecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about something like, Quantum and Woody vs Havok and Cyclops? Or do you think Havok and Cyclops would win because people are more familiar with the scope of their powers?

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

What?! No!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, one of my favorite Xmen. Glad to see Colossus get the victory

HashbrownsCV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By HashbrownsCV

Damien Wayne vs Hit-girl

That does sound like a good match-up. A bit Battle Royale or Hunger Games-ish.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

While the arguments are always enjoyable to read on these threads, I just can't bring myself to respect an outcome like this. The few who have actually read both characters, not just "researched" them for the sake of this thread, would overwhelmingly pick X-O as the victor here.

Avatar image for mister_sensational
Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope with the litany of comic based movies coming out this year we can get another scenario like the movie Black Widow vs. TV Green Arrow or movie Faora vs. movie Thor ones. @k4tzm4n one that I've always felt you should do is Selene from the Underworld series vs. movie Blade. Or maybe one of them vs. Adam Frankenstein from the I, Frankenstein film.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#75 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I hope with the litany of comic based movies coming out this year we can get another scenario like the movie Black Widow vs. TV Green Arrow or movie Faora vs. movie Thor ones. @k4tzm4n one that I've always felt you should do is Selene from the Underworld series vs. movie Blade. Or maybe one of them vs. Adam Frankenstein from the I, Frankenstein film.

I'll definitely continue to use movie and TV characters. Can't say I'll be seeing I, Frankenstein anytime soon, though...

While the arguments are always enjoyable to read on these threads, I just can't bring myself to respect an outcome like this. The few who have actually read both characters, not just "researched" them for the sake of this thread, would overwhelmingly pick X-O as the victor here.

Can't help but disagree. As someone who has "actually read both characters" I think it's perfectly fine to believe Colossus can take the edge. I know I'm not crazy, either, since fellow Colossus/X-O fan @god_spawn agress.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: ha ha ha no Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Moondragon, Thanos, Prof X, Sentry, Loki, Meggan (i think), Rachel Grey, Cable (when he had his powers), X-man and a few others have higher TP feats than she currently has (also you'll not that i said to limit her TK and TP because her other stats are only street level)

This is what im referencing. also Jean Grey is dead, Emma Frost no longer has TP, Prof X is dead, Sentry is dead, Cable's powers have been taxed (as you have stated he HAD his powers) that still leaves quite a few on your list though but does your list take into account Psylocke after she use the life seed or whatever in X-Force again Angel to heighten her powers?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/comic-book-preview-1988/exclusive-preview-uncanny-x-force-17-1531080/

No Caption Provided

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: and that's just the writer being dumb but also picture if you will Sentry was dead, Jean was Dead, I think Prof X was dead, I mean a bunch of people were dead and you seem to have missed that I said to limit to her TP/T K

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: and that's just the writer being dumb but also picture if you will Sentry was dead, Jean was Dead, I think Prof X was dead, I mean a bunch of people were dead and you seem to have missed that I said to limit to her TP/T K

not was . IS DEAD. No i got that you said limited but i was curious about whether or not you meant limited like she is limited or that you would cut her powers back to make it a fair fight in which case i would think you could find a better match up