Comic Vine Battle of the Week RESULTS: Batman/Katana vs TMNT (Animated Versions!)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Batman and Katana from Beware the Batman or the Heroes in a Half Shell from Nick's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? The community has had the entire week to think about this brawl and, now that all of the votes are in, a clear winner has been determined. There's just no denying Bruce Wayne and Tatsu Yamashiro's talent, but in the end, the Comic Vine community thinks the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will win this encounter.

No Caption Provided

The Comic Vine community is pretty confident in their choice, too. The Ninja Turtles received 63% of the votes, while team Beware the Batman earned 32%. 5% believe this one is just too close to call. Key arguments which were made in the mutants' favor were obviously focused on their numbers advantage, capabilities as fighters as they've faced a variety of challenges, and teamwork. However, it's worth noting that the group usually doesn't have exceptional teamwork right off the bat (so not an intentional pun, I swear) and, keep in mind, they are still quite young. They'll work together eventually, but cohesive teamwork right when things get ugly doesn't seem too probable.

While Batman's skill wasn't too impressive early on in the show, it's worth noting his skill has seen a large improvement (e.g. wrecking Silver Monkey, facing Lady Shiva). His gear should also play a large role. His weaponry is varied and he was even able to temporarily restrain Metamorpho, a character with super-human strength, after all. So if he gets one of those grappling lines on one of the Turtles, that would definitely count as an incapacitation. Meanwhile, Katana's more than proven she can hold her own against multiple threats at once. She may not have feats up to par with Leonardo and the others, but she's not going to be a cake walk for anyone, either. Even if this team does lose in the end, they're going to definitely give the Turtles one heck of a fight. But that's just the thoughts of one Comic Vine writer playing devil's advocate, so let's go ahead and see what other people have to say abut this one.

No Caption Provided

Viner Argument of the Week for TMNT is by EvilPenguin543

"Batman and Katana. Why? Because he's Batman!

Just kidding. I think Team TMNT takes this one. They have years of experience fighting together and training as a team, whereas Batman and Katana have only been working as a team for a little while. Also, the Beware the Batman version of Batman isn't as skilled as other versions of him, so the four turtles could take him out, though it would be difficult.

Katana has the skills to be a threat to the turtles, as she has infiltrated the League of Assassins and had some training with them. If it came to a sword vs. sword fight, Leo could easily beat Katana. Leo basically grew up with a sword(s) in his hands. Leo has been shown to have the skill level to defeat Karai, someone who is stronger than Katana.

The landscape is one more familiar to the Turtles than Batman/Katana. Batman usually operates in a city with few people around, and even then he tends to drive his Batmobile (which is not available to him here) and fight in the streets. The Turtles are used to running (and skateboarding) on rooftops and know how to utilize that to their advantage.

Team TMNT wins this fight, though Batman and Katana will be no pushovers."

Sumalee Montano, the voice of Katana on Beware the Batman

"I love TMNT. I grew up watching them. That being said, Batman and Katana would totally win. Two experienced, hardened pros vs. squabbling teenagers? Remember, Katana infiltrated and evaded the League of Assassins, by herself. Her sword is one of the most powerful weapons on the planet (Hello? It steals people's souls). Plus Batman's utility belt dispenses pizza...."

Erik Burnham, TMNT: NEW ANIMATED ADVENTURES writer

"Normally, I'd give Batman a lot more credit -- but this Dark Knight, while certainly someone to be wary of, is new to the game. The TMNT, while a bit goofy, can lose their pupils and get down to business as a team. Four young and more than competent ninjas, I'd say, have the edge over a Bat at the early end of his career."

If you took time to vote or post in the debate, please reward yourself with a pat on the back or a cookie of your choice -- you've earned it. Now, this is usually where there's a teaser for next week's battle, but -- brace yourself -- there won't be one due to the holidays. But fear not, there will be a poll next week. For what, though? Well, you'll just have to check back on Monday to find out!

Who do you side with and why, Viners? Get your elaboration on below!
Who do you side with and why, Viners? Get your elaboration on below!

Previous 'Comic Vine Battle of the Week' results

Want to suggest a Battle of the Week? Feel free to comment below or send it to Gregg via Twitter. Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be Marvel or DC only, but it must be comic related!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I wish I had a belt that dispensed pizza

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I think a team battle would be good. Like Teen Titans and one of the younger Marvel teams. Or JL and Avengers, that kinda thing.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Couldn't really get any good research done since I've been busy this week, going to be free the next two weeks so I hope the battles of the week are great :D

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hadn't watched much of this batman, but he is batman so i am surprised he lost.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HushoftheWind

I envision this fight as if it was turtles vs Karai and Shredder, and as seen in the show the turtles arent ready for Shredder just yet. But i can understand why people voted for tmnt, hell i voted for the tmnt b/c on merit of it being a better show lol.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

new teen titans vs New warriors (original team, plus whatever recruits after that make the numbers even)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@dstick88 said:

I hadn't watched much of this batman, but he is batman so i am surprised he lost.

Here,have my coockie,you awesome man.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@jonny_anonymous: Me too, that was pretty funny. Funny avatar pic by the way, I like it. lol

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: Thanks, I just wish I could condense this in ti an avatar

No Caption Provided

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#11  Edited By iceslick

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah, that would be pretty hard to fit in there. I noticed that picture is a cool nod to that Spider-Man cover, sweet! I got catch on Judge Dredd someday though. I really loved that movie that came out recently.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: Yea I at the caption at the bottom left. Yea Dredd was a great film.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By patrat18

Where are all the "Batman always wins" comments.

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TMNT

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The argument of the week nails it. There's really not much reason to beware a version of Batman that gets beat up by the most humdrum of street toughs and yet is somehow able to hold his own against a squad of LoA ninjas. The heroes in a half shell have better feats among the TV universes. Half the time Bruce gets saved by Alfred, Katana, or by pure luck. TMNT have taken down insanely powered baddies as a team and the BtB team just don't have the chemistry just yet.

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won the argument of the week?! I would like to thank the Comic Vine crew for putting this all together, and I'd like to thank my dad for being the one who introduced me to comics.

If this were the Batman: The Animated Series Batman and Robin fighting the turtles, Batman and Robin would win. This Batman just isn't experienced enough.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Meh, I disagree.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I totally forgot that once the Turtles lose their pupils, it's all serious business after that. Six pupil-less badasses in a fight would definitely be something amazing to witness

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#21  Edited By pingclang

So glad the Turtles won.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#22 k4tzm4n  Moderator
ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turtles

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Now I got another idea for a battle; Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins vs The Shredder and the Foot Clan.

mannthias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mannthias

i think we need a team battle of the younger teams like the new avergers (might be making that up can not remember) vs the teen titans or young justice or even some of the x men (not all of them way too many duh) or something like this

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15