• 117 results
#51 Edited by MuyJingo (1922 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Batman is so toned down and unimpressive that pretty much *any* movie hero would beat him. Even Elektra or The Punisher. Dredd takes this 9/10.

#52 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this comes down to a stealth approach. Dredd's strength is in his arsenal and accuracy. Hes proved hes a highly skilled crackshot with an impressive array of ammo. At a distance it will be tough for Nolan Batman to take him out before Dredd uses his futuristic grenades.Dredd was noisy as hell in his jangling boots and squeaky loud leather pants. I know it it sounds funny but all Nolan Batman could find him 50 feet away and be able to track Dredd to find the best opportunity to get the jump on him. Once there he needs to get within 10 feet and I believe he has the edge in close combat based on his fights with the League of Shadow members. Bats also seems to have the edge in durability and prep. While this may be a random encounter I believe Nolan Bats is better prepared to take on a guy like Dredd than the Law vs Bats. Batman is a billionaire ninja, and has faced a lot of skilled gunmen, dont forget he took out a whole swat team. These guys are not as versatile and hardened as Dredd but I doubt movie Dredd has seen anything like Batman. Close call but the stealth and hand to hand takes the slight edge over brutal efficiency.

#53 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

well.........since I'm a scrapper myself, and I know more about fighting then I should, I'm gonna have to go against Batman on this one. My biggest grievance I have about Nolan's Batman is he did not do the fight scenes well enough. In fact. They sucked donkey dick. They worked in Batman Begins because he had the camera so close up you really couldn't see what was happening and it was furious because of it. The fight in the train was okay, but still. No person in their right mind is going to throw as many hooks as Batman does in the films. Not against as many people either. He looked dogged down and slow also. They could have sped it up ever so slightly to give the appearance that he was as fast moving as Batman should be. The fight he has with Bane, the 1st and 2nd one are horrible. Strength only goes so far in a fight. It's all about speed, timing, and where you place your punches. When Batman fought Bane in the movie, I wondered "For a guy who knows so much martial arts, why is he not going for the pressure points, like Batman does in the comics." I'll whoop Banes ass, and then I'll whoop Batmans ass too. I'm going with Dredd on this one. Anyone want to debate, I'm game for it too.

#54 Posted by Sundipped_Superman (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd would murder Bats, murder him to death.

#55 Posted by ravisher (694 posts) - - Show Bio

dredd got this one

#56 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

well.........since I'm a scrapper myself, and I know more about fighting then I should, I'm gonna have to go against Batman on this one. My biggest grievance I have about Nolan's Batman is he did not do the fight scenes well enough. In fact. They sucked donkey dick. They worked in Batman Begins because he had the camera so close up you really couldn't see what was happening and it was furious because of it. The fight in the train was okay, but still. No person in their right mind is going to throw as many hooks as Batman does in the films. Not against as many people either. He looked dogged down and slow also. They could have sped it up ever so slightly to give the appearance that he was as fast moving as Batman should be. The fight he has with Bane, the 1st and 2nd one are horrible. Strength only goes so far in a fight. It's all about speed, timing, and where you place your punches. When Batman fought Bane in the movie, I wondered "For a guy who knows so much martial arts, why is he not going for the pressure points, like Batman does in the comics." I'll whoop Banes ass, and then I'll whoop Batmans ass too. I'm going with Dredd on this one. Anyone want to debate, I'm game for it too.

LMOA

#57 Posted by ChillinVillain (169 posts) - - Show Bio

The location and distance is completely in Batman's favor.

Also, even tho Bats won't kill he's willing to break bones to incapacitate.

Stealth takedown ends this.

#58 Posted by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, the more I think about who would win, the more I want a Batman Tournament with all the live action Batmen fighting. Maybe we can have it for Batman's 75th anniversary.

#59 Edited by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

I'm not kidding either. I'm not just a comic geek like the rest of us, I'm a film freak. Went to school for multi-media so I critique movies like I bitch about comics. Batman Begins left me in awe when I saw it at the theater, but that was just becuase it was an awsome movie, but the Dark Knight had me at a cross-roads. I love the movie. LOVE IT, but the fight scenes are crap. The opening scene in the garage had me cringing. I fight a lot. I've fought a lot. I know how to street fight, I know how to box, and I know enough martial arts to not use it on the street because I'm not Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris, so I'll get my ass beat if I try and use it. I'm old enough that if I do end in a fight, and I do being in Chicago, that I finish them as quick as I can. The movie Batman can't fight for shit. Catwoman fights better. Bane is even worse.

#60 Posted by BattheMan008 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats always wins.

#61 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats always wins.

Spoken like a die hard fan who cannot make a real argument.

#62 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman I think.

#63 Edited by eternalnature (364 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a friendly reminder.

Standard gear in Batman begins.

#64 Posted by Avilon (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Mentality

Dread is a trained killer, Batman will not kill anyone this leaves Batman incapacitation or knock out. (As shown in their movies)

-edge Dread; Batman has to knock out his opponent or incapacitate while Dread just has to kill.

Weapons/Gear

Dread: Electronic gun which fires: AP(armor piercing), HER (high explosive rounds), IR (incendiary rounds), and electronic stun rounds. He also uses a variety of stun, gas, and fragmentation grenades. Dread's armor has a heads up display which feature NVG, camera, and on board computer system, his armors bullet resistance is questionable (he was shot through a wall with an AP round which almost killed him) does seem to be bulk and a bit cumbersome based on the design.

Batman: bataranges; stun, smoke, gas, and explosive grenades; an EMP in his belt; grappling hook; wrist mounted hooks (shown to break a katana into pieces); this is from BB, DK, and DKR. Batman's armor is a full body suit which allows for a high degree of movement articulation, stealth (camouflage at night), no noise profile, is made up off Kevlar and titanium plates (it can stop gun fire exception straight shot probably 7.62 fire proof when batman was doused with gasoline and the suit was relatively intact save the cape, and weakness took penetrating objects between the titanium plates)

-edge Batman: Dreads main weapons could kill Batman but relies on electronics Batman counters this with his emp in the belt before dread could use his weapons (save the grenades). This gives the edge to Batman because of a greater range of usage, they directly counter Dreads, and allow him to utilize the terrain advantage Dread cannot because his HUD is electronic and would be knocked out by the emp.

Tactics/Experience/Fighting skills

Dread: From what we know of Dread he has been on the force for years, has dealt with crazy homicidal killer psychos for years, has patrolled Megablock city for years (which is the size of the entire EAST COAST). He has shown some adaptability in tactics be able to outsmart drug lords and their featless minions, he also been able to out smart his own (corrupt) judges and beat them (it should be noted however that he would have lost to the last judge had the judge not entered into a pointless monolog about his criminal reasons only to be shot by Dreads partner. Overall Dread shows a cowboy lone ranger like mentality towards his opponents with aggressiveness at the forefront, not stupid aggressiveness but one could say at times a bit reckless.

Batman: He does not posses the years of police experience Dread does , however he has more to show for experience (mainly three movies). He has beaten the physically superior Bane in h2h (he did fight dirty by disabling the pain killers to his face however all is fair in love and war, and it shows Batman's ability to adapt to his opponents once he finds out their weakness). Batman put the fear int organized crime in Gotham by beating their cronies and featless thugs, He has beaten multiple highly trained ninja mercenaries from the League of Shadows at the same time, multiple featless thugs at the same time, multiple trained mercenaries at the same time (which have shown the ability to beat highly trained U.S. black ops and SF all be it when they ambush them), Batman has taken out two Gotham SWAT teams, he beat Ras' Al Guel a highly trained mercenary, He beat the Joker who is as crazy as hell with some physical feats to boot (he did kill some nameless thugs in h2h, and has shown some proficiency in h2h against Batman all though not at his level. Batman is considered by most to be a tactical genius and have unmatched deductive reasoning skills, tactical efficiency of using his gear to his advantage and disable his opponent's advantage, he has also shown the ability to adapt to his surroundings and use it to his advantage.

-edge Batman: Batman gets the edge because his gear allows him to disable the advantages of his opponents (Dreads gun and HUD). Batman has shown a greater ability to adapt to his opponents and utilize his surrounds (Dreads upfront cowboy mentality is going to be at a disadvantage for him). He also shown great stealth and has a beater showing of h2h feats then Dread. Lets be honest people Dread has only one movie to show for an in the movie he did not use much h2h. Batman has defeat arguably harder opponents in h2h, Bane, Ra's, Trained league ninjas, trained mercenaries, and not to mention thugs.Batman primarily relies on h2h to deal with his opponents. Dread has beaten crack head thugs and his own highly trained corrupt judges (and he would have lost to the last one of not for a really obvious plot device).

Physicals

Dread: a highly trained cop and looks to be in pretty good shape, can take a bullet and still kick butt, not to mention killer instincts with his gun.

Batman: He has shown the ability to recover from a broken back stronger then before, was trained by the league of shadows to beat multiple opponents in physical combat, has shown the ability to hang toe to toe with his physical beater Bane, Looks to be in great shape. This is Batman in his prime!

-edge goes to Batman: He deals with his enemies mostly in h2h combat, this is batman in his prime, and he has a stronger showing of physical feats then Dread's limited one move and mostly shooting in that movie.

Verdict

Batman wins this though utilization of his gear which takes away Dreads one advantage that probably would have won him the fight (Batman knocks out his gun and HUD with an EMP). Batman has a higher showing of physical and h2h feats which would seam to suggest that he would beat Dread in a close encounter. Dreads cowboy like mentality might get him into trouble but I think his years of experience on the force would keep him from doing something stupid or unwise. Batman is a master of surprise, his instincts are superb and his utilization of strategy and train will win this one for the Batman. Take in mind this is Batman in his prime none of that oh I miss Rachel and make stupid decisions crap. It will probably be a good fight but i think the Dark night takes this one!

#65 Posted by DarqKnight (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Batman would win easily. Movie Batman, not so much. Dredd wins.

#66 Posted by ARMIV2 (8800 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing all of these different sides debated has made me realize one thing.

I really need to see Dredd.

#67 Edited by Justthatkid (4636 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Batman would take this, but movie Bat-thug? No chance in hell. Executed!

exactly what I was about to post.

#69 Posted by Vaen (19 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is movie Batman then technically the events of Gotham Knight count (set in the same universe, although animated), where he defeats Deadshot and Killer Croc. Note that the OP stated this takes place with Batman in prime condition, so everybody on here that's talking about busted ass Batman 10 years after the events of The Dark Knight obviously didn't bother to read everything thoroughly. That said, the Deadshot fight matters because Bruce survived being attacked by a far superior marksman in a well-lit subway tunnel at a shorter distance than described by the OP with zero cover. Yet he still vanishes and then ambushes Deadshot from behind before taking him out. Then there's the fight with Croc, an individual with vastly superior physical strength whose teeth were laced with Crane's fear toxin when he engaged Batman and despite Bruce receiving a particularly nasty bite from him still manages to come out victorious, even while being under the toxin's effects.

Everybody always seems to think Batman requires some absurd amount of prep time as well in order to win, which isn't true in the least. One large capacity round like that incendiary one (which would hit a car given the vast amounts of cover provided by the OP), and you know what he's going to do? Even if he doesn't just completely disrupt the gun with a remote EMP (which was certainly small enough to fit into a utility belt in TDKR), he's just going to remotely call the Tumbler and/or Bat and go forward from there. This assumes he hasn't already vanished into thin air and bat-darted Dredd in the neck yet given it's night time, with cover, at 50 yards which is half a football field and he's the goddamn Batman. Seriously shaking my head that people think Judge Dredd could take Bruce Wayne, even if it's just the movie version.

#71 Posted by Jaydarocknrolla (90 posts) - - Show Bio

movie dredd. how about movie wolverine vs movie hellboy?

#72 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaen said:

If this is movie Batman then technically the events of Gotham Knight count (set in the same universe, although animated), where he defeats Deadshot

and

Killer Croc. Note that the OP stated this takes place with Batman in prime condition, so everybody on here that's talking about busted ass Batman 10 years after the events of The Dark Knight obviously didn't bother to read everything thoroughly. That said, the Deadshot fight matters because Bruce survived being attacked by a far superior marksman in a well-lit subway tunnel at a shorter distance than described by the OP with

zero

cover. Yet he still vanishes and then ambushes Deadshot from behind before taking him out. Then there's the fight with Croc, an individual with vastly superior physical strength whose teeth were laced with Crane's fear toxin when he engaged Batman and despite Bruce receiving a particularly nasty bite from him still manages to come out victorious, even while being under the toxin's effects.

Everybody always seems to think Batman requires some absurd amount of prep time as well in order to win, which isn't true in the least. One large capacity round like that incendiary one (which would hit a car given the vast amounts of cover provided by the OP), and you know what he's going to do? Even if he doesn't just completely disrupt the gun with a remote EMP (which was certainly small enough to fit into a utility belt in TDKR), he's just going to remotely call the Tumbler and/or Bat and go forward from there. This assumes he hasn't already vanished into thin air and bat-darted Dredd in the neck yet given it's night time, with cover, at 50 yards which is half a football field and he's the goddamn Batman. Seriously shaking my head that people think Judge Dredd could take Bruce Wayne, even if it's just the movie version.

You do realize the Animated movies were completely non canon with the release of Dark Knight Rising? Also it was many short stories, some of those stories completely contradicted the movie events.

C'mon people.

#73 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

Got to give this win to Dread. Other then hand to hand combat dread has every advantage. I would say this would be almost an easy win for dread, almost.

#74 Posted by BWANASIMBA (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@avilon: Was that an emp in his belt? I know it knocked out the lights but would it be able to disable Dredd's gun as well? Make it completely unable to fire? I am asking because if it can then it would turn the fight to Batman's advantage because that advanced firearm is what gives Dredd the win in my mind.

@vaen said:

If this is movie Batman then technically the events of Gotham Knight count (set in the same universe, although animated), where he defeats Deadshot

and

Killer Croc. Note that the OP stated this takes place with Batman in prime condition, so everybody on here that's talking about busted ass Batman 10 years after the events of The Dark Knight obviously didn't bother to read everything thoroughly. That said, the Deadshot fight matters because Bruce survived being attacked by a far superior marksman in a well-lit subway tunnel at a shorter distance than described by the OP with

zero

cover. Yet he still vanishes and then ambushes Deadshot from behind before taking him out. Then there's the fight with Croc, an individual with vastly superior physical strength whose teeth were laced with Crane's fear toxin when he engaged Batman and despite Bruce receiving a particularly nasty bite from him still manages to come out victorious, even while being under the toxin's effects.

Crap, I forgot about Gotham Knights. Is it truly canon? It was never referenced later and some of its stories contradicted the movies (such as the bullet-proof force field episode, Field Test). Batman deflecting a bullet in midair that was going to hit Lt. Gordon was insane. However, the stealth feat isn't as good as you make it out to be. When Deadshot was walking towards the spot on the train where Batman had fallen, Bats had ample time to swing/ climb behind him, the train provided cover both with its size and its noise. That said, although Gotham Knights Deadshot is a superior marksman to Dredd, he is not as fierce, has no h2h combat skill and his arsenal is nowhere near as good as Dredd's. Bats also displayed less strategy in engaging Deadshot in that he charged towards him and got shot multiple times because of it, with at least one of the round piercing his body armor. If he does that to Dredd one of Dredd's more powerful rounds (such as explosive, incendiary, or armor piercing) will kill him. He simply could have ducked and weaved across the train, climbing around and through side cars to get to him, which he did to sneak up on Deadshot.

#75 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Sometine I wish you labeled what Gear they have, this debate is mostly on whats standard gear for them. There is gear like the Back Up device and EMP gun that is never shown but one time in a single movie.

Is that standard in your opinion for Batman here?

#76 Edited by Vaen (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotham Knight was canon and takes place between Begins and The Dark Knight. The small arms deflecting force field was explained in as much the bullet deflected off of Bruce and hit somebody else so he told Lucius while he's willing to put his own life on the line he won't risk anybody else's so he discontinues its use. As for the Deadshot train fight, we'll just leave it at the 50 yard range at night behind cover already gives Bruce the advantage over Dredd, especially with the bat device from Begins for extra cover if need be.

#77 Posted by Avilon (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@bwanasimba: In DKR Batman uses an EMP twice once with a gun when he is riding the batcycle the other time is when he is in the sewers fighting Bane. In the sewer fight the EMP is on his belt. We can also surmise that since it is batman and the nature of the EMP it is a weaponized one (there are veriing degrees of EMPs). So unless Dread's gun is shielded against EMP's (I am talking military grade shielded on the level of a tank or specially designed Air Force One) then the EMP will fry dreads equipment. (There is no evidence in the movies to suggest that dreads equipment is shielded on that level, or any level for that matter, so going on the fact that its a weaponized EMP it will knock out the gun.I agree if the EMP knocks out the gun that is probably one of thee main deciding factors in this fight. Also the EMP on the BELT should be considered stranded sense it is on Batman's DNR suit and the DNR suit is the one Batman will probably be using (because this is the suit developed and upgraded over time from batman's crime fighting experience, we see him upgrade his suits through out the trilogy. In the DK he switches from the BB suit to a different suit because he felt to incumbered by the armor so they added in titanium plates to give him better movement articulation. So because Batman is in his prime he is going to be used his most developed suit which logically will be the DKR suit and sense the EMP is on the belt of that suit it is standard on that suit.)

#78 Edited by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Dredd has a Hand to hand Combat scene!

@darkwingdan: Yea TDKR Batman was Weak, Dredd was more BAtman, than Batman was batman.

@_cerberus_: that does cross a line BAtman Cant Cross

@dadarkknight36310: Dredd had a fight with out his gun, Twice, and he has a Med Kit with him.

@thorboy: Totally no Retirement for dredd

@_cerberus_: But it's Movie Batman, and he Retires twice in the DKR, so, I'm with Dredd on this, he wont give up

@cadencev2: Agreed

#79 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

That's an interesting question, because Batmans Begins Batman would take Dredd in my opinion, but TDKR Batman was a whining, pathetic wimp, and he'd lose by a margin if that was the case. I need clarification.

#80 Posted by Avilon (118 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Right you are I missed that first time round. Thanks.

#82 Posted by Jayc1324 (13140 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcherg6: yes I saw the movie but I don't think that scene makes him better than a ninja (batman) who takes on multiple armed men at once and trained ninjas at once. If batman couldn't beat him hand to hand he would resort to gadgets

#83 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@avilon said:

@bwanasimba: In DKR Batman uses an EMP twice once with a gun when he is riding the batcycle the other time is when he is in the sewers fighting Bane. In the sewer fight the EMP is on his belt. We can also surmise that since it is batman and the nature of the EMP it is a weaponized one (there are veriing degrees of EMPs). So unless Dread's gun is shielded against EMP's (I am talking military grade shielded on the level of a tank or specially designed Air Force One) then the EMP will fry dreads equipment. (There is no evidence in the movies to suggest that dreads equipment is shielded on that level, or any level for that matter, so going on the fact that its a weaponized EMP it will knock out the gun.I agree if the EMP knocks out the gun that is probably one of thee main deciding factors in this fight. Also the EMP on the BELT should be considered stranded sense it is on Batman's DNR suit and the DNR suit is the one Batman will probably be using (because this is the suit developed and upgraded over time from batman's crime fighting experience, we see him upgrade his suits through out the trilogy. In the DK he switches from the BB suit to a different suit because he felt to incumbered by the armor so they added in titanium plates to give him better movement articulation. So because Batman is in his prime he is going to be used his most developed suit which logically will be the DKR suit and sense the EMP is on the belt of that suit it is standard on that suit.)

Yet after Batman used said EMP device, Bane's Radios were still working. >_> his detonation device still worked >_> alot of tech was unaffected.

So why is Dreads Gun affected!?

#84 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@avilon: Just to prove how crappy the EMP device is!

Skip to 2:30. Activates it and lights go out. Then lights come right back on after 20 seconds!

Skip to 3:15. A simple Electronic Detonation Device is unfazed!

All the bombs with Electronic Sensors for the frequency are unaffected!

Your argument of EMP is full of holes and shows no reason to work on anything other than Lights.

#85 Posted by doitevenmatta (4 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Edited by Avilon (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Those systems could have bee shut off before the activation of the EMP, an EMP only works on electronics that were turned on because it overloads their electronic systems (one already off would not be affected), also the other lights in the background could have been back ups switched on after, further out could be shielded by the concrete or out of range of the EMP. An EMP's range and power depends on the charge given to it before its activation.

#88 Posted by doitevenmatta (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@jamdamage: don't bother debating anyone who would argue against this.

#89 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@avilon: So the electronic bombs were turned off? Who climbed up the walls to physicaly turn them back on? No one. Thats right.

#90 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7621 posts) - - Show Bio

DREDD FTW!!!

#91 Posted by BattheMan008 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

@battheman008 said:

Bats always wins.

Spoken like a die hard fan who cannot make a real argument.

Just my fanboyism. Sheesh. Guess you voted for Dredd. And yes, I can make a real argument, if I wanted.

#92 Edited by Avilon (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I am not really an explosive expert but in the movie it seems as though explosives weren't really in the room but buried in the concrete to knock out the basement supports. Also the electronic charge which triggered the explosives seems to have come from the ground up trigger detonation as it progressed up the support structure. As I said I am not really an explosive expert but could the remote detonator have caused a single electric charge to spark the explosives traveling up the detcord or whatever its called? If that is so then the explosives could not have been primed yet (So in effect turned off before Batman activated the EMP)? As I said early too, the other lights could have been back ups latter turned on or restarted. Because the room was not as light as it was before the EMP. EMP's don't effect electronics already turned off.

#93 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Just my fanboyism. Sheesh. Guess you voted for Dredd. And yes, I can make a real argument, if I wanted.

Please do. That is the best part of these debates.

#94 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@avilon: Im pretty sure they are showing batman from The Dark knight Rises, and in that movie he retires twice, maybe if it was after the Dark knight, and he spent time training in the off seasons, then he'd have a shot at Dredd, but not Dark knight Rises.

#95 Posted by Avilon (118 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Posted by Migz13 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Bats to win, but if you're gonna pit "movie" Batman against "movie" Dredd, then it's letting a watered-down character face against someone who's pretty much like his comic book counterpart.

#97 Posted by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Man after watching this fight, it's hard to remember they were both trained by The League of Shadows, throwing all these hooks. Sorry Bats but my money's on Dredd

#98 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I'm voting for Batman. Combination of EMP, stealth, speed, cunning, sonar vision and sleeping darts should do the trick, especially considering that he also have bulletproof armour and he defeated people with guns many times:

#99 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: How about Man of Steel Superman vs. Movie Hulk next time? That would be interesting! A first I thought Man of Steel Supes vs. iron Man or Thor, but that would be a slaughter. I think Hulk could give Supes a fight, even if I don't think he would win.