The Fist of Khonshu takes on the second Robin... who will be left standing after the brawl? Well, that's up to you! Debate on Moon Knight vs. Red Hood begins today and you'll have five days to think about it before needing to cast your vote! While they may not be as skilled as some of the top street levelers in their respective universes, they're both still immensely talented and willing to be more brutal than a traditional hero. While Todd has extensive training from Batman, firearms and other goodies, Moon Knight has consistently displayed topnotch pain tolerance, has held his own against quite a few characters, and has a simple yet effective variety of gear at his disposal (Marc hasn't had moon based powers in a long time, by the way). No matter who's the victor, this has the potential to be downright savage.
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character (assume Marc has a pre-Bendis' run mental status, therefore he won't think he's one of the other Avengers).
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a moderate amount of cover between them (parked cars and such).
- Both characters have standard gear (assume Moon Knight has his standard gear/attire from the Civil War era. The above image is from that era, by the way).
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
Voting will remain open until this Friday morning (ET) and a new article will go on the homepage shortly after. Please keep in mind voting remains open for 5 days so you can research characters and read the debates presented for both sides. I know it's easy to vote for the character you like more, but please try to have adequate information on both characters before casting your vote.
Friday's update will include one Viner's argument for the winning character (only posts in the poll thread will be considered and it can't be a scan fest), the staff's thoughts and if we're extra lucky, thoughts from writers, artists and others in the industry! Viners, it's understandable that debates over "who would win?" can get heated, but please try to keep the conversations informative and not personal.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.