Comic Vine Battle of the Week: Gambit vs. Nightcrawler

• 64 results
Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Nightcrawler is my 3rd favorite comic character is existence, yet Gambit really is a better fighter. So, I know where my vote goes.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By kid Apollo

IF GAMBIT HAS HIS FULL RANGE OF POWERS HE COULD TAKE THE ELF JUST BY LOOKING AT HIM. at the height of his power Gambit had the ability to charge objects, even living being, just by looking at it.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are these battles so biased to Marvel characters? Anyway, Nightcrawler wins.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

@bogey said:

Why are these battles so biased to Marvel characters? Anyway, Nightcrawler wins.

Marvel battles get suggested more often and K4tz generally knows more about Marvel characters. Same reason his personal picks are usually street level, it's what he usually reads.

Although you'd be surprised how often he gets called a DC fanboy. :P

Caladorcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Caladorcp

Wow. This is a hard one.

Let's start off with what they have. Nightcrawler has swords, and he can teleport. Gambit has a staff, and he can "charge up" objects and when he releases them, they explode.

One of the most obvious things stated by Nightcrawler fans is that he could teleport behind Gambit. But Gambit is a rather quick guy. He may or may not be taken down by this. Plus, since they are both in character, Gambit would know Nightcrawler and be ready for this from the start. So teleporting won't necessarily give Nightcrawler the advantage, though it is a handy tool at his disposal.

That being said, Nightcrawler also knows Gambit. So he would know that if he maintained distance, Gambit would probably use his trademark offense, throwing cards. And Nighcrawler has incredible agility as well as teleportation. So keeping his distance would certainly allow him to jump/teleport around rather safely. So Gambit's distance isn't necessarily an advantage either.

Both their weapons serve them well. Gambit has some range with his staff though, so that would work very well at fending off Nightcrawler with his swords. Nightcrawler will probably have a little more speed on his side do to the nature of his weapons (Plus the teleporting).

Being that the fight is at night, both of them would have plenty of space to hide, and would excel at it. Gambit is a master thief and Nighcrawler....well...look at his name, haha. Both of them would be proficient at hiding and using stealth tactics.

In the end I think this goes to...(*drum roll*)

Nightcrawler!

I actually would like to give this one to Gambit, but logic tells me otherwise, and here's why. It's the combination on stealth and teleportation that give him the advantage. Physically the both are pretty well equipped, they have mutant abilities that are impressive, and their weapons serve them well, but Nightcrawler can not only hide in the shadows, but teleport between shadows. I can see this to be quite an advantage to Kurt, especially since Gambit needs to run between cover. The battle taking place at night gives this one to Nighcrawler, but in the day, I would almost say "Too Close to Call."

bellios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im a big remy fan, but I think nightcrawler has this one in hand! sorry gambit!

DADDY_XERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@daddy_xero said:

why not gambits horseman powers.

i call shenanigans, favoritism, unfair rules etc.

seriously though. if kurt can suddenly be undead then remy should have his horseman powers.

I call that makes no sense. Like, at all.

Gambit vs. deceased Nightcrawler with a hole in his chest = no debate since one of them can't fight. Or breathe. Or anything.

Gambit with his insanely powerful and loosely defined Horseman powers = unfair, not to mention he hasn't had 'em for months.

admittedly, i didn't think out my 'argument' (if it can be called that) at all.

but Gambit not using his horseman powers and not having them is very different. i think it's like the Angel situation where he (angel) needed the life seed to cure the corruption. the horseman is still there, just dormant. please correct me if wrong.

i won't lie, i want gambit to win. and he isn't above cheating to do it. so he should be able to use his horseman powers anyway. why? because! that's why.

tuckboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler no questions asked

Avatar image for admiral_ironbeast
Admiral_IronBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people confuse Teleportation with light speed or something.

Example, Ultimate Nightcralwer.

No Caption Provided

As seen, Ultimate Kurt is a very skilled Teleporter himself, however it can be countered by skillful foes.

Now lets see how this works with 616 Kurt!

1) Tagged by Cyclopes who predicted where he will go.

2-3) Tagged by Iron Fist twice who predicted where he can go as well being faster than NC reaction.

4) Wolverine is faster than NC reaction!

5) As Kurt states, he is not as fast as Spidey in reaction time!

How is this so one sided!?

I would like to point out that Longshot is not just a skilled fighter--he is a mutant with the power to change the chance an event will occur. Moreover, Longshot used this power of his to make it easier for him to tag Kurt...without it, there was no way he would have caught him.

that said, I still think Gambit can win this, as NC with morals will not go for the kill, and will try to knockout Gambit instead. Here's the problem with this---Gambit can charge organic matter or metal, meaning that as soon as Kurt hits Gambit with his fists or his sword there is a change Kurt will go boom. As Gambit's morals are not nearly as much of a high standard as Kurt's morals are, I see Gambit opting to explode Kurt before Kurt is able to not out Gambit.

"To my friends, de name's Remy LeBeau. To my enemies, it's Gambit! You can go on ahead an' forget dat first name right about now. I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story. "

"If ya mess wit t'e KING's QUEEN, youd better watch your ACE, JACK. You know it's a bad sign when I'm de voice of reason..."

DR_Strange_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DR_Strange_

Dang this a tough one. I think in the end Nightcrawler would win this one. Marveldcforum had a cool fights a few months ago. It was Nightcrawler vs Beast Boy. Here's the link http://marveldcforum.com/index.php?topic=433.0 I think this month they are doing Nova vs Green Lantern

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

I think people confuse Teleportation with light speed or something.

Example, Ultimate Nightcralwer.

No Caption Provided

As seen, Ultimate Kurt is a very skilled Teleporter himself, however it can be countered by skillful foes.

"I would like to point out that Longshot is not just a skilled fighter--he is a mutant with the power to change the chance an event will occur. Moreover, Longshot used this power of his to make it easier for him to tag Kurt...without it, there was no way he would have caught him.

I like to point out in no statement or even hinted showing is this true. Long Shot did not even show up till after NC was stabbed.

Thats like saying Gah Lak Tus was defeated because Long Shot was on the planet.... that is not a real argument.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It will go something like this.....Nightcrawler is one BAMF!

dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elf.

Gambit's optimal range is ~30-50 feet, but teleporting instantly closes the distance. Once in close, Nightcrawler's agility and speed would overwhelm any human martial artist (which is what Gambit would be at this point).

Avatar image for superboyprimema
SuperBoyPrimeMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Gambit would win the match against Nightcrawler. As, gambit can kinetically charge the surrounding battlefield with explosive energy. This would impact Nightcrawler from where he is standing to where he would teleport to.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It will go something like this.....Nightcrawler is one BAMF!

You do realize he did that to a character who he knew would survive the fall and had his teammates in danger, right? There's about a 0% chance an in character Kurt would teledrop Remy like that.

ericdraven201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am huge Gambit fan, but this fight would definitely go to Nightcrawler. The Blue Elf would only need to find an opening with this fight, latch on to the Cajun, and teleport him dizzy. This tactic is where Gambit's spatial awareness (depending to which one of his ability sets you subscribe to) becomes a liability. Sorry, Rems!