When it comes to the characters Spider-Man has brawled with, the likes of Venom, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin and a few others come immediately to mind. However, we want to focus on two characters from that category who haven't had nearly as much spotlight: Cardiac and Roderick Kingsley. Both are sporting an impressive amount of technology and neither should be underestimated at all. So, who would win if these two decided to duke it out in an unpopulated city? Well, that all depends on your vote and your ability to sway other voters with a solid case! Read on to see the specific rules and click the link to head on over to the voting thread.
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night and all standard city lights remain on.
- Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and Hobgoblin is on his glider about 20 feet in the air. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
- Everyone has their standard gear.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
- Again, this is Roderick Kingsley, not Phil Urich
We understand these aren't exactly the most popular characters around, but that's why you have until this Friday morning (ET) to research them, dive into the debate with others and, of course, cast your vote! As always, Friday's update will include one Viner's argument for the winning character (only posts in the poll thread will be considered and they can't include scans *link above*), the staff's thoughts and if we're extra lucky, thoughts from writers, artists and others in the industry (spoiler: one writer has already provided a blurb)! Viners, it's understandable that debates over "who would win?" can get heated, but please try to keep the conversations informative and not personal.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.